You interpret the G2 story

The G2 canon story is (for now, till books) obviously simplified and for a reason I'm positive most of us understand and agree with.

However, when I'm posing my figures or simply jumping into the Bionicle world throughout my day, I like to come up with connective story pieces that fit in and add a bit of creative complexity to a story I feel deserves it.

An example of something I throw around in my head is the story of the Protectors. At first I imagined them like the Turaga, but eventually changed my mind and it made sense they were the 2001 McToran (Jala, Maku, etc...)

I also find myself incorporating much of the 2001 story within the realm of Okoto, and that just open up a load of creative possibilities that can definitely alter the perception of the canon story in an amazing way.

What are some of your own ideas and personal twists to the story? I'm curious because I'm working on a comic book-style story board that would maybe bring a bit more life to our current setting.

• Upvote 1

kalija.png

all this is temporary.

Follow me on Twitter! @sean52711

I'll follow back.

The protectors are new characters, but all Matoran characters from G1 exists in this universe as well, they just dont appear in the story.

There are TONS of masks, instead of the regular protector mask for all villagers.

The masks actually don't give the Toa their elemental powers. They always had their elemental powers, but they'll only learn that when they rescue Ekimu. Instead the masks give them the same powers of their G1 counterparts.

There was some incident that resulted in the death of the many species and Okoto separating from the rest of Spherus Magna, sparing only the former inhabitants of Metru Nui and some rahi. They later evolved to become more organic and the Turaga constructed a temple of time as a place of worship to substitute for Kini-Nui. The toa Mahri and Nuva had died of natural causes after the disaster and since the Nuva were more important to the matoran, they were seen as gods to them. After an attack on the ancient city, they got forced to their new homes and when The Lord of skull spiders showed up, the protectors/Turaga used the temple of time to summon the spirits of the toa Nuva. The LOSS himself was a Fikou Nui that evolved and his minions the smaller Fikou.

Unbeknownst to the inhabitants, Ekimu & Makuta are Arkahta & Karzahni reincarnated, but this would never be revealed. The old kanohi designs had been lost, but the newer ones are created and because there was only one known mold, many villagers would personalize their own masks to stand out from each other. The skull villains themselves were the previous inhabitants of Okoto before they died. Kulta was the leader of an army that tried to defend the ancient city before The Lord of skull spires killed him and ate some of his body. Skull Basher was a Minotaur creature that lived on Okoto. Its species is now endangered due to the LOSS's attack. The Skull Warriors were the soldiers in Kulta's army that sacrificed themselves to keep the skull spiders at bay. Skull Scorpio is an artificial creation made from the bones of villagers. Skull Slicer was the arena champion in the old coliseum that still stands in the ancient city.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

G2 is its own entity and forcing G1 story onto it can only end badly.

However, I have a few extended universe headcanons;

- The animals of Okoto have fled away from the skull spiders, either heading for other landmasses or hiding in burrows or dens. That's the main reason why we haven't seen any.

- Skull Spiders are undead, like Scorpio. They're just a skull with legs, hence the fear most villagers and animals feel.

- LoSS is one of the few living creatures left on Okoto. It is trained enough to know what the Masks look like, but otherwise operates on instinct. The skull spider village invasions aren't to find the mask, but LoSS getting hungry and the swarm being 'distracted' until Kulta gives LoSS a Spider Snack.

Edited by Regitnui
  • Upvote 5

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Okoto is actually Mata Nui's broken off eyebrow that drifted to the other side of Aqua Magna. It was crushed when the melding came about, so the Protectors hearing a prophecy from Ekimu about something that happens in the future that has yet to happen but will happen decide to use the mask of time to reverse time to the moment before they had to reverse time so that the Toa can save Okoto from being crushed and they have about 5 minutes to do it all. Time is really slow in Okoto

-NotS

• Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

Okoto is actually Mata Nui's broken off eyebrow that drifted to the other side of Aqua Magna. It was crushed when the melding came about, so the Protectors hearing a prophecy from Ekimu about something that happens in the future that has yet to happen but will happen decide to use the mask of time to reverse time to the moment before they had to reverse time so that the Toa can save Okoto from being crushed and they have about 5 minutes to do it all. Time is really slow in Okoto

-NotS

The Protectors are actually glorified stylists who were tweezing Mata Nui's glorious brow during his fall, and continue to do so in darkness. The Masters -factory defects of the primary Toa Team- are assigned emergency extremity recovery. They do not save Mata Nui with their efforts, but they do make it possible for the Great Spirit to yet again express his displeasure of the macaroni salad provided for the Great Beings Technical Institute class reunion with a raised eyebrow.

• Upvote 2
Gali.png