Takua In A Grassy Field 3D

00dude00

here is Takua in a grassy field that I made :) let it be known that the mountains in the background are an Image (which I do not own, I found it on a Google image search) Also the Takua Model is B:NG's. What I did was Make the grass, light the scene, Partially texture Takua, and edit it. All the work was done in blender 3D, and GIMP. :) enjoy!http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/816136s/Moviesceneredoproj/grasstakuadone1.png

Edited by Black Six

The grass texture is very effective, however it is very dark. With the amount of sun the mountains in the background are getting, and the lack of clouds, there should be much more sunlight on the grass, and Takua. Also Takua should be casting a more visible shadow.

jlovfkk.jpg

The grass texture is very effective, however it is very dark. With the amount of sun the mountains in the background are getting, and the lack of clouds, there should be much more sunlight on the grass, and Takua. Also Takua should be casting a more visible shadow.

I thought Takua was standing the shadow of a mountain.And WOW is that a realistic picture! I know the mountains are a picture of the real thing, but you nicely fit Takua into the scene! He looks so real I want to hug him! :P

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

-----------------------------------------

It's pretty good. Although, I noticed when I look at it closely it looks a little pixilated. What quality of rendering did you do?

"Don't! They will kill you like a small dog. Instead let your anger be as if it were a monkey on a treadmill; confused and tripping around." -Lelouch of Britania- (Here is my BZPRPG Profile, Diotrua.) 

09972482fe0243bdf1778f84fd5d61d1.gif

Agreed. This is really good! But of course, my first thought was, "Where's his shadow?" If you could fix that, it'd be even better! Keep this up!signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

• 2 weeks later...

The Takua model is perfect, the detail on his pieces is amazing.Though the other stuff is what bothers me, the lighting is good, but doesn't show realism, you need to make it look like the light is coming from one direction, it looks like it's hitting the mountains from the right and grass from the front. Plus the grass looks as if it's a little dark out and the bright background just contradicts that. Also, the grass up against the background makes it look like a cliff drops off, is that what you wanted, because to me it's just a bit awkward looking.Other than that stuff the texturing is awesome, and perfect.8/10

Edited by Deeks

I really like this. Takua looks like he´s right in there, standing in the grass. The lighting´s good, but there´s something that bothers me for some reason, I think the mountain. The lighting´s nice but soemhow the mountain irks me. Takua doesn´t look like he´s really in that place. It might be the lighitng, I´m not an expert on that stuff.

wow, it reminds me of him in MNOLG 1 on the way to kini nui

:kaukau: Essentially what I was thinking. Wow, that's nostalgic. I LOVE Takua, who to me was as close to the heart of Bionicle as the original Toa themselves.Meanwhile, I think this is pretty cool, especially given that I can't tell if Takua himself was CG. I'm good at art, but these computer skills escape me.- I'm Tron Paul and I approve this post. Edited by Tron Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Considering where the lighting (from the background) is coming from, the light on Takua's face should probably be a little darker. I get that you were brightening his face so that we could actually see it. But that's just me wanting the picture to be more realistic. That grass is amazing! And the lighting too. It was just that one thing. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like you put your sweat, blood, and tears into this, and it paid off! Good work! How long did it take to make?

It was more or less a test. I didn't spend too long on it (which account for the messyness in some areas, like the trees, and the shading) probably no more than 3 hours.