The 2011 Christmas Advent Calendar

~kh

Sorry about not having a post yesterday; it must have gotten cut while going through or something.Anyhow, the lack of words really worked to that comic's advantage, Absorba. I liked how everything flowed and how it was easy to tell what was happening; not easy in a silent comic. The timing was perfect too.I like how you finally got around to updating your graphics style, Eljay =P. The comic was well done, though I never heard the original song before. Nonetheless, I thoroughly enjoyed it and all that.New comic today, this time from WVUFan!

"The bad news is that we may have killed Santa." I stopped everything right there and took a breath from my laughing.Moderator slap! Sadly, now an anachronism as the great Pohuakui no longer roams these parts.Hostage taking? You faked being yourself? "Oh, never mind." The science of heart growth leading to death.You guys keep 1-uping each other with the comics this year! Bravo!J-K out.

Edited by Justax-Kal

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

@Vataki: Nice comic. The backgrounds looked good, and I like the Christmas feel of it. @Absorba: I liked the style of this comic. No text, but still an understandable mini-story.This was an adorable comic.@Eljay: Oh you and your clever song parodies. This comic actually made me think a bit about the Bionicle story.."How did Antroz fly the Jetrax if he was blind?" But anyway, I enjoyed this parody of one of my favorite Christmas Carols. Great job.@WVU: LOL. I've seen your series before, and I just now remembered how enjoyable the comics were.This comic was hilarious, through out, and I really liked it. (Especially the ending, and the little note to Eljay) :PGreat comics, guys.-V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

@Eljay My god, that song was an earworm. It was funny, your rendition, though!@WVUFan Okay, just wow. WVU, bravo, this is just awesome. I love the Grinch-style story, and the dark humor was just hilarious. It paced well, and the ending made my cry laughing. Or just crying, I'm not sure. I think it's much better than my comic. :D

K, I think I know which song Eljay's is... but just to be sure can one of you tell me?ANYWAY, I love WVU's, it was pretty boss. I can't describe how good I like it. But, just saying, troll face = epic win.~Exon :hau:

Edited by Exon

I would post saying only, "You're awesome," but I would get reported for spam, and rightfully so. Then I would have to delete my own post or maybe leave an edit telling myself to read the rules, which I wrote. You get the picture.

As you can see, I support the "put a windrider quote in your sig" movement. I do hope it catches on.

O kewl. I be Tohunga. But I suh tinee. owell.

-{ Bad Images }- -{ What Just Happened 2.0 }-

Sorry about the wait again; Photoshop's giving me a hard time. After a set amount of time, it is no longer able to "parse the file", meaning that I can't open .pngs anymore. So I have to restart and all that and it takes a while.Anyhow, I loved that comic, WVU. Nice story and humor, and the ending was hilarious.New comic, this time from Justax-Kal!

Okay, time for me to go on a rampage, since I haven't posted once. I'll try to be concise.Utah - I felt bad for Joland at the begining, but by the end I figured he'd be fine. He seemed to be coping nicely.Atomic 009 - It interests me greatly how a situation like that would come about. I've experienced similar things... *reflects past events with terror*Piraka~Mistika - You have created a nicely thought out set of lyrics for a song imbeded into my cerebral cortex. Thank you for giving me a remix.Chath - First things first, I don't think I've ever sen a comic that can be read in any order like that. If only I had read the subtitle before reading the comic.King Joe - I would concider getting a snow shovel, or a bulldozer. It might make finding the the cement slightly easyier. You might want a fireplace too.Shadonix - I would move my studio to London, it's all better and British.Tapika - I like the art in that comic, I also like that you seemed to continue with your story rather than making a designated Christmas comic. To tell the truth, I haven't read the whole thing yet. It has a lot of text.Dr. Giggles - The ending confused me a bit with the whole, "Time to wrap the presents and put them under the tree." to the presents instantly being wrapped and under the tree.Pirok The Va-Matoran - Hmm, do you happen to have an Audry II somwhere as well?LNU - I wish Pinkie Pie would throw me a party. Maybe I waould actually go. Also, where could I get one of those Mysterious Mare Do Well Action Figures?Makuta of Comedy - Let's see, Kahi is trapped in a basement. Bio is Santa and the Easter Bunny. And there is one less dollar store in the world. Makes perfect sence.Reznas - I wouldn't imagine Kahi being a cheap lawyer. I see him more as the blood-sucking lawyer who works for people with large Swiss bank accounts. (No offence Kahi.)Vataki - How dare you pass up a perfectly good opertunity to sleep! Frankly I am offended... And now I don't care. As long as I wasn't woke up. Things would have gotten ugly if I had.Absorba - That made me think of a silent movie and one of Spongebob's snow specials. Silent movies... Makes me think of a Supertramp song.Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen - I haven't seen that movie on this year... Usually it's on seven times in within the first week of December. Your lyrics were very well put. It worked and flowed for the song.WVUFan - I'm not sue who I felt worse for, Utah had an expression that made his line seem so sad but you kind of died. Oh well. As long as I don't have to go to the funeral.Justax-Kal - I was very happy to see a long comic fromyou for that series, I should probably post in it too. The Doctor Who referance made the comic so much better. Good thing it wasn't a Dalek attacking Santa...Sorry to anyone who didn't like my comment, or thought that I only commented on a small part of the comic. I thought I should keep this relitively short if I was going to be respnding to almost everyone at once.Nice work everyone, especially Kahi. I love the actual calendar itself. I look forward to seeing the remaining seven comics.-DONT PANIC

Moar things! I wonder if I should post a retraction to Pinkie's answer about Christmas since ponies apparently celebrate "Hearth's Warming Eve"?Nah. I'm lazy.@Eljay: The only thing I hate more than that song is the deplorable movie they made out of it. Good parody though.@WVU: So many ponies and christmas and guns and coronary explosions. Best special ever.@Justax: So many awkward silences and guns. That was quite funny.Annnd Zero's an elf. That explains a lot actually...

pmpd.png

Coming soon...

Credit to Dragonfly the Luminescent for the awesome OC pony in my avatar. Check her out here.

I'm not sure how to respond to that one. Like Tenebrae said, it looks great even though it's a GIF, so major points for that.It was going really well there, until you stuck your foot out. Then it lost all resemblance of sanity. In a good way!I so wish I could have heard that though, it would have been funny.J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

@Justax: I enjoyed this one. Nice twist on the typical Christmas comics.@Emkay: Interesting. That's really all I can think of on this one. Might have been better if I actually knew what the song sounded like, but it obviously would have taken way too long to make the comic if you did that.

button.png

Fun Fact: There is no music. If you can imagine the sound of a single note from a cowbell, hand clap, banjo, trombone, and the sound of a pony stomping her feet on the ground for forty minutes, that's all you need.

That's pretty much what I imagined. When I read it I felt, "Was there something I missed?" :PThat's insane enough for me. In my honest opinion, the last line really made the whole thing. Edited by Toa Mata Pony

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

I think you mean Weegee's. :PAnd i'm glad you liked it! :biggrin:And I should give credit to Tavakai for the Hero Factory Villains Sprite

Edited by Matoran Oneker

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

@Emkay: "too Avant-garde" was hilarious. The dancing pony was quite frightening, though.@Oneker: the Ardvarks and Weegee's were awesome. I liked your scarf, too. Did you make it yourself?

Thanks again and Yes I did make the Scarf Myself. ;)

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

Nice comic! It always feels good when I see someone use something I've sprited. :DAlso, loved the Weegee and Noob parts, though you could get sued or put in jail or something for using the ICC noobs. But I think someone was an exception to that rule because Gerlicky gave permission before the rule was set up, so if that's you than ignore that.

button.png

Nice comic! It always feels good when I see someone use something I've sprited. :biggrin:Also, loved the Weegee and Noob parts, though you could get sued or put in jail or something for using the ICC noobs. But I think someone was an exception to that rule because Gerlicky gave permission before the rule was set up, so if that's you than ignore that.

Have I done something bad? :o

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

Nice comic! It always feels good when I see someone use something I've sprited. :biggrin:Also, loved the Weegee and Noob parts, though you could get sued or put in jail or something for using the ICC noobs. But I think someone was an exception to that rule because Gerlicky gave permission before the rule was set up, so if that's you than ignore that.

It's just that those noob sprites are for ICC use only, so unless Gerlicky gave you permission, you shouldn't use them again. It's not too much of a big deal again, just don't let it happen again. :)That's assuming you didn't get permission; I vaguely recall Gerlicky saying he'd given permission to someone but don't recall who it is.

button.png

It's just that those noob sprites are for ICC use only, so unless Gerlicky gave you permission, you shouldn't use them again. It's not too much of a big deal again, just don't let it happen again. :)That's assuming you didn't get permission; I vaguely recall Gerlicky saying he'd given permission to someone but don't recall who it is.
I'm Sorry. :(I won't let it happen again.

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

@Justax: I see a certain word in there... :PLoved the ending. It actually fit pretty well with the rest of the comic. @Emkay: As everyone's already said, I like how the quality was preserved despite being a GIF.It was a pretty interesting premise, and it was an alright comic.@Oneker: Ah, a Christmas Carol parody. Wasn't exactly the most original, IMO,but it was still an alright comic. I liked the Weegee's starings and the noobs loling.Good work guys.-V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

Darc, what can I say to express how entertaining that comic was? :DIt was very nicely done, and your references were humorous! One of the best so far.You have no idea what The Lion King is to us. It's a constant, admirable meme that my parents can quote word-for-word from beginning to end (I'm not joking, either) because it would keep me and my sister quiet when we were wee little tykes. It's still my favorite cartoon and seeing that reference made me smile. ^_^The panel with the Portal turret reminded me of the trailer that Cave Johnson narrates as he explains the turrets. So I smiled again when I read it in his voice. :PYou know what? Every panel made me smile! Honestly, it's one of the most humorous Christmas comics I've ever read!

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

I enjoyed your comic Darc! ^_^I liked the parts with the Lion King and "Fire, Lots of Fire. :P

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

Oh, Darcsyde. How do I love thine comic? Let me count the ways.Though hast included one of mine favorite Disney songs.Though hast included a Monty Python reference.Though hast poked fun at Justin Bieber in a subtle but satisfying way.Though hast caused the Grinch to speak like a hip-hopper. (As a proper Englishman would say.)I COULD go on. But I shan't.So yeah, basically this comic was a ball of my favorite things and I love you for it. :P

pmpd.png

Coming soon...

Credit to Dragonfly the Luminescent for the awesome OC pony in my avatar. Check her out here.

Deceimeter's comic: "What are you talking about, we shifted like 8 panels to the right." That was hilarious, and very much unexpected when they suddenly moved 8 panels to the right.Zero's comic: No one can resist Christmas Polka!

Edited by Makuta of Comedy

If only you had known what horrible retribution your comment would rain down upon you.