Toy Fair 2016: Marvel & DC Super Heroes

TF16_Marvel_Super_Heroes_teaser.jpg

It's time for things to get super! Today on our Toy Fair 2016 coverage, we're looking at the two major Super Hero themes: Marvel and DC, because that's what you told us you wanted to see. With sets coming out based on movies, TV shows, comics, and original material, there's a lot to see, so read on to check it all out!

View the full article

Crossbones is Brock Rumlow, who appeared in the MCU as the task force head in Winter Soldier. He was involved in the elevator scene as well as the control room standoff, as well as the ship raid at the start.

also I'm glad spider man finally gets a bridge so we can have That Scene with Gwen Stacy.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

That's Ben Reilly in the Web Warriors set. Alternate dimension Spidey and whatnot. Him and a legit Green Goblin (not Ultimate Spider-Man styled) make me really want that set now, along with like, everything else about it.

Also I need that little Superman VS. Batman set so I can re-enact the DO YOU BLEED bit.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

The Super Heroes lines again offer up a bunch of fantastic minifigures, but this time around there also look to be some nice set designs, which is something that hasn't been true in the past. The Spider-Man bridge is quite awesome, both with the characters and the overall design, so I am very much tempted. Also want that Blue Beatle.

:music:

I want all the Civil War sets. Because duh. And that Brooklyn Bridge set looks gorgeous — more for the bridge than anything, though I love getting a minifig of Scarlet Spider. I do wish the Spider Woman they'd went with had been Jessica Drew. Or Spider-Gwen or Silk or Anya Cortez; really any one of the female Spiders more prominent in the comics these days.

Also, if anyone wants Ghost Rider I will co-purchase the set with you for the street corner with Bleeker/Second Ave.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

Spidey appears to be wearing a blue hoodie, so I'm not sure if it's supposed to be an early version of Peter Parker's costume or if it's Miles Morales or another person who became a web-slinger at some point.

Umm...that's Scarlet Spider, AKA Ben Reilly, Peter Parker's blonde clone.

Edited by Petewa the Swift-Footed

Normally I try to avoid looking at Marvel and/or DC Lego sets if a movie from either property is about to come out to avoid spoilers from said movie if they have them. However, I went ahead and looked at these, and I'm thankful that they don't really spoil anything for me. Plus, many of them are really cool and have great minifigs. 

I may just pick up one or two of these.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Crossbones is Brock Rumlow, who appeared in the MCU as the task force head in Winter Soldier. He was involved in the elevator scene as well as the control room standoff, as well as the ship raid at the start.

also I'm glad spider man finally gets a bridge so we can have That Scene with Gwen Stacy.

He's also going to be in Civil War, having obtained a suit of armor (and cybernetic upgrades?) due to being in the Triskelion when one of the Helicarriers hit it and being unfortunate enough to survive the experience. I would imagine the chick from the airport scene is Agent 13/Sharon Carter, who was also introduced in Winter Soldier if I recall correctly.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge