The Official OTC TBRPG Planning and Organization Topic

Noxryn

Unless you've had other sources speak to you on the matter, I think I hardly count as a consensus.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Who's interested in co-hosting Starscape?

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

I've certainly got the time and inclination to co-host, and have a blog if it is decided that some portion of the RPG's mechanic information needs to be hosted there.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Am I the only one who like 1700s?Eldritch Kraken, Sailor Superstitions. Seems like a wonderful pairing, plus the challenge of defeating one with less effective weaponry.

Only if I can be a samurai. A samurai defeating an Eldritch kraken/abonimation/whatever just has a certain ring to it.In other words, it would be AWESOME.

8% of the people epically wins with comic making. If you are the 92% that fails at it, copy and paste this into your sig

100% of people here are humans. If you are somehow a matoran, pate this in your sig.

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=9187

I believe the location is intended to remain the same regardless, Vahki-Nui. There weren't a whole lot of samurai hanging out in Florida in the 1700s, or, well, ever.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

A rule for Starscape: Anyone who goes 30 days without posting in the topic without prior notice will have their civilization fall, either to outside intervention or to internal decay.

Edited by Xomeron

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

Changed to 30 days without prior notice

-Rover

If we could pull an Old Man Henderson and actually kill an Elder God, then that would be really interesting. Dealing with Lovecraftian beings usually kills everyone unless they're a protagonist (in which case they have a high chance of just going insane). Otherwise, it seems like you'll be stuck dealing with lesser minions that don't drive you insane just by looking at them.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

Best way to do that is exploiting their Summoning Sickness, same as Old Man Henderson did. Summon them and blow the joint, permakill them.

-Rover

See, copying what the Old Man did would be easy. I'll be coming up with very unique ways to permakill each big beastie.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Question: is Nyarlathotep likely to make an appearance in this RPG? He seems like he would be one of the hardest to kill, and also one of the most entertaining to deal with.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Pacific Rim does look like an awesome movie.

-Rover

Mmh. Me, I use mecha when they're practical.

So, no fewer than 4 legs, low profile, main advantage over tanks, really, is better handling in rough terrain.

Regardless, no mecha in the 1930s. Or 1700s.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

If mecha get any mention in any of my RPGs, it'll be in the context of a laughing Outer God explaining how he ate a planet that thought they were a good idea.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

There are circumstances where they're good ideas. They just have no business being the kings of the battlefield. We've discussed this, back when you were helping me plan a logic-and-competence! Battletech RPG.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yes yes. Now let me have my baseless sterotypes. :P

(You are ruining everything. Now everyone will be expecting me to use them in the manner we discussed.) :P

I think everyone will probably expect you to use them as paving stones for Azathoth's garden walkway. I'm the one they're expecting to use them sensibly, now. What they don't know about is my mech-tossing catapult...

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

(No no no, I was going to pretend to hate the very idea of mecha so no would expect me to use them in rough areas, thus securing me surprise, but no you had to come along and be reasonable....) :P

If anyone has a time period they think would work better as a setting for the Lovecraft/Supernatural RPG, do speak up. I know we've had the 19th century suggested.

If it's set in 1850 Oklahoma that'd be cool. Not a setting you see often and, well, back then it was arid enough of a place I could see some Elder Gods springing up there.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Well, if we want to up the difficulty, we could go to before Europeans arrived but after disease cleared out a significant portion of the native population.

Alex... I don't see what dryness has to do with Elder Gods/Outer Gods/Great Old Ones.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Hm. If I move the setting and change to the tone from "we're all going to die" to "dark mysteries lurk in these waters...." the 1700's might work quite nicely.

Still in the Americas of course. But perhaps focusing more on Latin America...or an island chain. Or both.

Could work.