Glatorian Familys?

So Glatorian as a species have been confirmed to reproduce (I think) so meaning that they have children and all that stuff.What im wondering is what glatorian familys are like before the re-formation of Serphus Magna, Do they function like ours or is it completly different or just in some ways ?.so what do you think?

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

I think children are born (possibly almost) physically mature and complete (They can still be immature emotionally) unless there is an unknown Glatorian puberty stage that does not make external changes. Considering Gresh is like a teenager but isn't structurally different from an older Glatorian such as Ackar*. And there isn't a mother-child relationship until sufficient emotional maturity for survival alone is achieved, seeing as Gresh doesn't live with his parents yet isn't as mature as the rest. I'm not sure about the Glatorian childhood, I'm just relying on the stated youth of Gresh as a base for my logic. Sorry if this is interpreted as speculation.*assuming the Stars size difference is non-canon.

aouROFb.png

I don't think it would be physically possible for a Glatorian to be born fully mature (sorry Dralcax < : D ).We don't know much about the Glatorian species or culture as a whole, so there are a number of ways they could operate family-wise.1. They could be much like us.2. They could have a 'rite of passage' when a child becomes adult, symbolizing their readiness for the world.3. Children might be raised to be independent, with rituals and traditions to be passed every step of the way.4. They could be a completely genetically synthesized race, grown in test tubes and trained for combat once fully developed.The problem is, we don't know enough to make any detailed assumptions. Perhaps later on, we will know enough to think about this.Also, Gresh wasn't a child. In more human terms, he could be considered a twenty-year old hanging around people in their thirties and older. No, this isn't his age, but it's an example of what his age would be compared to the other Glatorian. Young, but not a child.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

From what I understand, the Agori/Glatorian do reproduce biologically. However, the family atmosphere wasn't really touched upon. This is just pure speculation, but I would imagine that before The Shattering, the Agori had families much like ours. However, after The Shattering, survival became much more difficult, and the children were probably raised to be self-sufficient from an early age. At this point, I think an accurate parallel comes from the Dune universe (wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dune_universe).In Dune, natives called Fremen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fremen) live on a desert planet where water is valued above all else, much like Bara Magna. The entire family structure is built upon survival and water conservation. From an early age, the children are taught to survive in the harsh desert climate. Some of the tribal politics and feudal customs are not applicable, however, but it does provide some insight into survival on Bara Magna, especially since Dune probably served as an inspiration for Bara magna.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

The problem with the story is that it mostly focused on the Agori and Glatorian whose families had died. We never meet Gresh's parents, who were likely killed in the Core War, and Sahmad's family is long since gone. I would think that Agori and Glatorian would have a different family structure, but I would be inclined to think that family ties would not be very strong, due to the fact that these species are struggling to survive and deaths at the hand of some vicious beastie or another would be commonplace. The long lifespan of these beings would largely discourage births, and the hardened training of the Glatorian species would likely view such emotion as a sign of weakness. This culture and environment of proving oneself at any cost would likely also separate them from their parents at an early age.In contrast, I would expect Agori families to be somewhat closer knit to try to survive - "we're all in this together" idea - but Agori children would likely be subject to harsh discipline and strict control. Creativity would not be largely encouraged, and oddballs like Metus would be frowned upon.

Also, on Gresh:

3) I asked you a question earlier but I think you misunderstood. Would gresh' date=' in his current age, be considered as a 15,16,17, year old on bara magna, in tearms of how his literal age be if he had the lifespan of a human?[/font']
3) No, probably older than that at this point
Would 23 or 24 be closer?
Yes, I would say mid-20s would make sense
Edited by fishers64

That's a pretty weird subject that could've been a bit of a jump-the-shark moment for Bionicle if they were to establish family trees and relatives and all that. I'd assume that a lot of kids died at an early age due to disease, which I imagine is rampant on Bara Magna.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I have to agree with Fishers that children are probably few and far between. I imagine that Glatorian and Agori have evolved to mature more quickly, so their childhood is short and intense; they do, after all, have to deal with a harsh world.

I don't think they could evolve that quickly, as it seems that from the Core War to the present time, they are still pretty much in the same generation (as in, almost none of them have had kids). I reckon it's more that children would take up resources and couldn't really contribute to the village, so it would have been frowned upon. Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

I actually would have thought they'd grow more slowly, given the long lifespans. It would also explain why many post-Shattering families decided not to have kids.Actually, I don't think there would be many families at all, given that not many female Glatorian live in the main Agori tribes.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I have to agree with Fishers that children are probably few and far between. I imagine that Glatorian and Agori have evolved to mature more quickly, so their childhood is short and intense; they do, after all, have to deal with a harsh world.

Which explains why the 4 villages can only afford 2 Glatorian each. The Glatorian don't survive very long. However, the rest may be on Bota Magna. This is explained as the Glatorian on Bara Magna coming here only because a few days prior to The Shattering, they were on some mission or other. Thus, there are only a few Glatorian on Bara Magna.As for Agori, they are all small in physical terms, so they are somewhat hard to differentiate(for us) between old and young. Edited by Norik Ta Hagah

I actually would have thought they'd grow more slowly, given the long lifespans. It would also explain why many post-Shattering families decided not to have kids.Actually, I don't think there would be many families at all, given that not many female Glatorian live in the main Agori tribes.

Both what you said make sense, Alyska. That is the problem, there are several existent female Glatorian, but not enough, but the reproducing process would increase the amount with any luck. So, technically despite the small given amount of females, there'd still be many families, as long as the idea of reproducing or having a kid was agreed upon by two parties. Otherwise, I'd say that, as Alyska said, there probably aren't many families. =/

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Thing is, to sustain the population with a 1:9 female-to-male ratio, the average female Glatorian needs to have at least ten kids in her lifetime.No excuses, Kiina. Now stop moping over Mata Nui, find yourself a real bloke, and get to it.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Remember, though, LL, that the world of Spherus Magna was quite peaceful before the Shattering. Considering that reproducing wasn't such a major focus while the planet was broken into three pieces, I don't think there's really been much of a biological difference, except being able to last longer without basic resources.

Thing is, to sustain the population with a 1:9 female-to-male ratio, the average female Glatorian needs to have at least ten kids in her lifetime.No excuses, Kiina. Now stop moping over Mata Nui, find yourself a real bloke, and get to it.

Where did you get the 1:9 female-to-male ratio? Seeing as the Spherus Magna population isn't big on reproduction and what reduced it in the first place was a major war, I'm surprised. Wars usually kill guys. Unless females died in childbirth...*imagines disasters of human history replayed by Spherus Magna*