Matoran Going Extinct?

I got a question. If the matoran only live...um....forgot the life span of them...than they would die at the same time and since there aren't anymore matoran they would go extinct.The agori or glatorian wouldn't. The toa and turaga would go extinct too.Also if matoran turn into a toa do they get extra years alive and is that the same with toa turning into toa?I just think those are needed to be thought over questions.

"New Era, New Assassin"-AC4:Blackflag

I don't think it was ever stated that Matoran live x amount of years. Matoran were made, yes, but not all at once - so ever if they do indeed live x amount of years and not a second longer, their deaths would still be staggered.Not sure about the first part of your second question, and as for the second part, I have no clue what you're talking about (except that maybe you forgot to include the word "Nuva").

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Well, they live so long they probably have hundreds of thousands of years left, plenty of time to retrieve/repair/remake the machines from the MU that can make more. (I thought Greg said they would try to retrieve them, as if implying they would probably succeed. I could be remembering wrong.)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Well, they live so long they probably have hundreds of thousands of years left, plenty of time to retrieve/repair/remake the machines from the MU that can make more. (I thought Greg said they would try to retrieve them, as if implying they would probably succeed. I could be remembering wrong.)

But why would they do that? The Matoran were there to maintain the MU, so they've become redundant. And they don't have a child wish like humans do, at least not that we know of. Plus a child wish would be pretty moot for a Matoran.

Well, they do have culture. Much has been made ado about that. They seem to cherish it, and desire to preserve it, as indicated by their tendencies to make extensive records, and things like the Wall of History. They would probably want the species to continue, just not in the more personal way humans do (wishing to raise a child, versus members of a species wishing the species to continue).Also, the Agori and Glatorian have good reason to want Matoran -- and thus the possibility of Toa -- to stick around, as Toa come in handy when defeating enemies and dealing with other potential threats.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

They might go extinct, but I doubt it, because of what I said in the above post. :)

But he also stated that according to Greg the Matoran will likely make an effort to find, repair, and use the machines the Great Beings used to make them in the first place, and thus become either able to make more Matoran or able to extend their own lives as much as necessary (or possibly both).

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Right, GSR. Sorry if I was too vague about that. Basically, new Matoran have a good chance of being made, so the species as a whole will likely NOT go extinct.Anyways, they live so astoundingly long that the storyline, if it continues, will likely never reach a time when they would die out, even if the machines are not retrieved/rebuilt. So you'll probably never see Bionicle story taking place at a time when there are no more Matoran. :)

Here's something from the S@T archives, also relating to this topic:

• On the continuation of the Matoran race on Spherus Magna without Mata Nui to create new members: "You're assuming Mata Nui had to be directly involved in creating new ones. He didn't. The Turaga, for example, once they were back in Metru Nui could have created more Matoran, even though Mata Nui was still asleep. All he did was create the initial members of species, he didn't have to create every single one. Remember, he was paying virtually no attention to what was going on inside of him for most of the last 100,000 years -- his focus was on the planets he was visiting." [source]

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

If you're severely addicted to copying and pasting things into your signature, copy and paste this into your signature.

Then call rehab.

Matoran don't exactly have a life span. They live until they cannot function anymore, and we've seen many Matoran can survive 100,000 years with minimal damage in very harsh conditionsn (such as the Matoran of Voya-Nui)Also, many Matoran were brought into being over time. Not all would die at the same time. For instance, Macku and Hafu won't die at the same time, unless they are killed at the same time. Macku might have more wear to her mechanical parts and internal organs, so she might die before. It's all variables, really.Another thing is, to an extent, mechanical parts can be replaced, it's really their organs that can cause death to them.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I seriously doubt that the matoran will go extict. While at a certain point matoran may begin to get hold and eventually stop functioning, that would take a long time. Before that, they've got plenty of time to create new matoran, which I think they'll do.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

This thread again. -_-Arthaka can make more Matoran, I'm sure. And even if he can't the GB's can, and I think the OoMN can also. Not sure about the last one, though.

Not this theory again. Artahka sucks at making living things. He created the Crystal Serpents and gave up. So he cannot make Matoran. He does not have the skill.

aouROFb.png

This thread again. -_-Arthaka can make more Matoran, I'm sure. And even if he can't the GB's can, and I think the OoMN can also. Not sure about the last one, though.

Not this theory again. Artahka sucks at making living things. He created the Crystal Serpents and gave up. So he cannot make Matoran. He does not have the skill.
Then there's still the GB's. I mean, they have to have been created somehow, right? They didn't just randomly appear....

Matoran as a species are unlikely to go extinct, unless an outside force appears that is intent on destroying them. Even without the protection of the Toa, it is unlikely that them as a species would be destroyed, because they are hardy individuals who make good slaves. Just ask Zaktan. :)

Then there's still the GB's. I mean, they have to have been created somehow, right? They didn't just randomly appear....
The Turaga are capable of creating new Matoran with the machinery in Metru Nui; there's no need to bring the GB's into this. (They likely would be reluctant to do so anyway.)~ BioGio Edited by BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

Didn't Artakha create the Toa Mata?

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all."
- Tahu

Didn't Artakha create the Toa Mata?
Only with materials provided by the great beings. he cant make toa unless provided the materials, by mata-nui or the great beings

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

I think I already made a topic of this... hold on, I'll get a link... here we are!http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=1417Similar concept, if there's anything in there that might help, just go right ahead.

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.