Kalmah, Die Tintenfisch

"Gruss vom Kalmah!  (Greetings from Kalmah!)"

--Kalmah

34592993732_ef06766cb2_c.jpg

CREATOR'S NOTES:

So, I revamped Kalmah.  I really don't like the generic Inika-style build his official set used; it just wasn't very squidlike.  This feels much better to me.

For some reason, in my headcanon, I made Kalmah German.  And not just German, but stereotypically German.  He has an accent, a penchant for bratwurst and evil science, the whole nine yards.  I have no idea why; I just thought it'd be unique.

Kalmah doesn't have a CBW page, but he does have a BioSector01 page.

More photos on my Flickr.

As always, comments and criticisms are welcome.

• Upvote 8

It's definitely an interesting take on the character-I definitely get the squid-like vibe you were going for. He seems a tad undersized, although granted there's nothing in the pics to help you gauge his bulk. The original build and his previous warlord persona just make me picture him a big brawnier, but your reinterpretation is definitely intriguing. Plus, the idea of a German Bionicle character is awesome.

• Upvote 1

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

By changing his stature so much he feels a lot less like Kalmah beyond his head, who a person is can be conveyed in the way they stand as much as the way they talk. For that reason I feel like this is a different guy than Kalmah. I can understand why you went for the long tentacley limbs though, since they do evoke the look of a squid well. I do feel like he's got a bit too much orange, and I'm surprised he doesn't have any tentacles. I do like the hands and knuckles though, they look pretty great.

Edited by Supreme King TIN
  • Upvote 1

He feels less like a mighty warlord, one of the kings of the universe, but in your attempt to make him more squid-like squidy, I think you succeeded. In my personal vision for Kalmah, his thumb and pinky's are tentacles (either only one hand or both hands); if you were to do that or simply add an orange tentacle to each hand, i think it would both look more like Kalmah and more squidy squid-like squidy.

Oh, and when I was younger, I too gave the Barraki stereotypical German accents and Nazi personalities. I also made the Makuta be Russian. :lol: Funny to see I wasn't the only one, hahaha!

"By making him a stereotype, I made him more unique."

Derp. :lol:

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

It's definitely an interesting take on the character-I definitely get the squid-like vibe you were going for. He seems a tad undersized, although granted there's nothing in the pics to help you gauge his bulk. The original build and his previous warlord persona just make me picture him a big brawnier, but your reinterpretation is definitely intriguing. Plus, the idea of a German Bionicle character is awesome.

Thanks!  I really should take more pictures, shouldn't I?

By changing his stature so much he feels a lot less like Kalmah beyond his head, who a person is can be conveyed in the way they stand as much as the way they talk. For that reason I feel like this is a different guy than Kalmah. I can understand why you went for the long tentacley limbs though, since they do evoke the look of a squid well. I do feel like he's got a bit too much orange, and I'm surprised he doesn't have any tentacles. I do like the hands and knuckles though, they look pretty great.

Thanks!  I feel like I departed a little too much from the source material, too, though that was probably the result of my own interpretation of him.

I like the hands, too.  I think they're the best custom hands I've made so far.

He feels less like a mighty warlord, one of the kings of the universe, but in your attempt to make him more squid-like squidy, I think you succeeded. In my personal vision for Kalmah, his thumb and pinky's are tentacles (either only one hand or both hands); if you were to do that or simply add an orange tentacle to each hand, i think it would both look more like Kalmah and more squidy squid-like squidy.

Oh, and when I was younger, I too gave the Barraki stereotypical German accents and Nazi personalities. I also made the Makuta be Russian. :lol: Funny to see I wasn't the only one, hahaha!

"By making him a stereotype, I made him more unique."

Derp. :lol:

Thanks!  This revamp was just an attempt to make Kalmah more squiddy.  About the hands, I really wanted to make the "fingers" look like his tentacle arms split at the ends, but a lack of pieces prevented me from doing so.

And the Russian Makuta idea is just fantastic.