Happy Bungie Day

Here's a Hobgoblin.

34754809210_379e3d1440.jpg

"Guardian, I have reports of our scouts running amok of some unknown Vex programming appearing all over Venus. Flashy things, but don't let your guard down. I've already had too many half-cocked guardians fall trying to get a few trophies for themselves.

I need you on the ground to see what they're up to and cut off the flow from where they're coming from. Oh and if you have the time, could you bring some of them back mostly intact?

For, uh *cough* study. Of course."

-Cayde-6, Hunter Vanguard

----------

At first glance a seemingly a new programming, they are much older than any Vex outside the Black Garden. They have been found only on Venus, primarily around the Ishtar Archives trying (unsuccessfully) to gain access.

Dangerous, but not invincible, they are sought after by Hunters, Titans and Warlocks alike for any armor, weapons or information that can be pulled from them.

----------

I started building something "inspired" by Destiny's Vex race to celebrate 3 years of Destiny. But then I built the head and decided to go all-in and make this to celebrate the Beta for Destiny 2.

I'm hoping Lego will at some point make that rounded Star Wars shoulder armour in this pearl gold.

Edited by Black Six
  • Upvote 13

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Interesting design here. The red eye's on the head and the left hand give this model, alongside the thin robotic grey joints and gold armour  armour, give this model a very unique but cool robotic look. I've not played destiny but I can tell That this is a detailed and accurate build. Well done!

• Upvote 1

By anychance are you going to be making other varients of the Vex or the Hobgoblin as well?

Unlikely. The Goblin and the Minotaur are largely the same character models scaled appropriately with swapped out heads, arms and feet. The Hydra is ultimately a mess because of all the free floating bits. I've been trying out ways to make a Harpy, but nothing that satisfies me so far.

As for variations on the Hobgoblin, in my opinion the head is really what nails this MOC home, which in turn relies completely on the upper and lower armour bits. That triangular Chima/Ekimu armour is only available in that bright gold, so unless Lego decides to release an ultimately discontinued piece in different colours (that also match the Toa armour add-ons) this is all I can really do.

I really want to make a Nightstalker though, so I don't think I'm quite done with Destiny yet.

I've not played destiny but I can tell That this is a detailed and accurate build. Well done!

Thank you for the kind appraisal! For reference, I largely used this fella as my reference:

300px-Grimoire_Hobgoblin.jpg

Spoiler Alert

My first response to seeing that was something along the lines of 'frickin' sniping pains in the butt.' Given that your moc elicits the same response I have in the game, I'd say it's spot on.

I do think the juicebox needs to be a little more pronounced, though.

• Upvote 2

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

I am open to suggestions!! I tried the silver hf armor, a black clear bohrok eye and even two milky silver eyes but nothing so far really makes my Mida finger twitch, y'know?

Edited by Makaru

Spoiler Alert

The bohrok eye is the right piece, I think it's the color. It's luminous in the games so in my mind it needs to be a transparent piece. Maybe the trans-yellow one from Oohnorak? Maybe even trans-orange? Wouldn't be strictly accurate, but it'd 'feel' right.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

Looks great, very accurate to the in-game model, though it's a shame people still play Destiny with all its flaws and shady business practices.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...