Jung & Personality Types

Transcendence

I tend to average across the board, weirdly enough, but what I usually end up with is INTJ. Occasionally I'll end up with ENTJ. Then again, I pretty much view these things in the same way I do internet IQ tests; that being, not indicative of anything beyond the fact that you know how to use a computer.

Considering the number of questions, and how easy it is to give answers that aren't necessarily truthful, I'd say you're about right, but the other option is giving a psychologist a piggy-back ride as you go about your daily business for a month, at the end of which they go ahead and tell you what your personality type is.You're trading guaranteed accuracy for healthy shoulders.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I think that's easy to assume if you have a pretty bland personality and just don't care enough to look into it. The criticism the MBTI usually receives is not that it's general, because it's not, it's that people's results change over a period of time. But to explain this, you have to look even, even deeper to understand why. For example, I used to "be" an ENTJ, but why this happened was because my other functions (not these; Fe, Ni, Se and Ti, but these: Te and Fi) were well-developed. And those last two functions belong to the ENTJ, and that caused me to kind of "mimic" an ENTJ behavior. Even now, I'm not a typical ENFJ. No instruments of diagnosis or personality profiles can crack the code that is... me. It's kinda hard to explain right here and now, since I'm still no expert on this + you guys aren't familiar with this.

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

According to the Jung test, my personality is the following:ISTJ

• [*]Introverted (56); moderately expressed introvert[*]Sensing (25); moderately expressed sensing personality[*]Thinking (12); slightly expressed thinking personality[*]Judging (44); moderately expressed judging personality

And well, it sounds like me, so I would say it is accurate in its results here. 75234033wy5.png

I think that's easy to assume if you have a pretty bland personality and just don't care enough to look into it. The criticism the MBTI usually receives is not that it's general, because it's not, it's that people's results change over a period of time. But to explain this, you have to look even, even deeper to understand why. For example, I used to "be" an ENTJ, but why this happened was because my other functions (not these; Fe, Ni, Se and Ti, but these: Te and Fi) were well-developed. And those last two functions belong to the ENTJ, and that caused me to kind of "mimic" an ENTJ behavior. Even now, I'm not a typical ENFJ. No instruments of diagnosis or personality profiles can crack the code that is... me. It's kinda hard to explain right here and now, since I'm still no expert on this + you guys aren't familiar with this.

lolsocionics.I think you said it best yourself, there. Even if you break it down into some needlessly complicated (or impossibly quantifiable) elements, human behavior is still enigmatic, unpredictable, and entirely relative. Like I said, it's a good tool; groupings are inevitable in any form of research or study, and psychology is no exception. However, proper understanding of the human mind doesn't come from the results of internet tests, it comes from observing the test takers, both during the test and under a myriad of other conditions. Behavioral tests, much like IQ tests, are too prone to error and bias.

Introverted -- 56% iNtuitive -- 25% Thinking -- 75% Judging -- 11%Man, I'm so original.

despite that he saw blatant similarity

he struggled to find distinctive moiety

all he found was vulgar superficiality

but he focused it to sharpness

and shared it with the others

it signified his anger and his misery

them and us

Ooh, not a bad Thinking number. Bloody test stuck me with a 25 the first time, and no better the second. Got bored with it after that, so no third.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

@Dorek Actually, the tests are more correct if you take them yourself. Of course, there are proper, long MBTI tests available if your psychologist or whatever is able to give you the test, I know one guy who took it. I haven't talked to him since though, but anyways. He's an ENFJ like me, and his mother (an ENFJ too) was a psychologist, so he was offered to take the test. Anyway I just wanted to make a quick commentary here @Legolover-361 I don't actually believe you're an ENTJ. I mean, yes you're forceful, but you don't display any ENTJ traits I'm familiar with. And that's after spending 1 year in a ENTJ forum. :P

@Legolover-361 I don't actually believe you're an ENTJ. I mean, yes you're forceful, but you don't display any ENTJ traits I'm familiar with. And that's after spending 1 year in a ENTJ forum. :P

Maybe I'm on the edge. :P I'll take the test again later and see if I get anything different.EDIT: I took it again. My results are very similar to before:

ENTJ: Extraverted iNtuitive Thinking JudgingExtraverted: 1%iNtuitive: 25%Thinking: 38%Judging: 28%You are:

• [*]slightly expressed extravert[*]moderately expressed intuitive personality[*]moderately expressed thinking personality[*]moderately expressed judging personality

While the above seems to fit me, I don't know how well I fit into the below description, though the bolded parts definitely describe me.

Assertive and outspoken - they are driven to lead. Excellent ability to understand difficult organizational problems and create solid solutions. Intelligent and well-informed, they usually excel at public speaking. They value knowledge and competence, and usually have little patience with inefficiency or disorganization.

I'd feel like a braggart if I bolded "intelligent". I probably am, I just don't like advertising that fact because I don't know how intelligent I am. :PThe category is general, though. I probably don't fit perfectly into any category, though that won't stop me from looking through them all. Edited by Legolover-361

I think you're an ESTJ. I like to call them the wannabe-ENTJs. They lead, yes, but they're not very insightful and they don't see a lot of the big picture. I find them very aggressive actually. As all Sensors, they have a knack for ignorance and not wanting to educate themselves on anything except themsel- Wow, I'm going somewhere I shouldn't, aren't I?

I'm, apparently, an INTJ. Reading the description, it sounds about right. I am also happy to see that a lot of cool famous and fictional famous people have the same results as I do.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

I think you're an ESTJ. I like to call them the wannabe-ENTJs. They lead, yes, but they're not very insightful and they don't see a lot of the big picture. I find them very aggressive actually. As all Sensors, they have a knack for ignorance and not wanting to educate themselves on anything except themsel- Wow, I'm going somewhere I shouldn't, aren't I?

Do I actually act ignorant, stubborn, aggressive, and bigoted? I know those four words don't apply to me, so I don't think I'm ESTJ, but I do want to know if my online actions are painting a bad portrait of my personality.

Well, remember, that's one person's view of the category. The Change has got a bit of a thing going against people with S's in general, doesn't mean they're actually awful.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I didn't take the online test, but we've had training sessions at my workplace and the concept fascinates me. I'm INTP, and the bio almost perfectly describes me. My mottos would be "What about... wait, that wouldn't work, but what if...?" and "What's an emotion?"The thing to keep in mind is that this isn't about your mental abilities - it's about preference, how you're most comfortable thinking. Back on tests - they're extremely unreliable. I came up as ISTJ the first time I took one of these tests and that's simply not me. I think the easiest way to find your type is just to look at each component:E/I - Extroverts gain energy from being with other people and have a broad set of interests. An Introvert's energy is drained by being with other people, and their interests are typically more narrow, but in-depth. (nerds, basically). This is really easy to self-evaluate, but difficult to find by observing somebody else.N/S - Trickier; the best way to describe the difference is to imagine a Sensor and iNtuitor walking into a room and asking them to describe it. The Sensor would say "There are 12 chairs around an oval table with a phone on it." The iNtuitor would say "It's a medium-sized conference room". Each has a weakness - Sensors tend to miss the point, iNtuitors tend to miss important details. F/T - Probably the easiest out of the four to determine, but Feeling is the inferior trait of an INTP and I simply can't relate to this thinking style enough to describe the difference beyond what's been described to me - Thinkers will first use logic when making a decision, while a Feeler will first use emotion. Again, this is about preference, not ability. Most people will use a combination of the methods to make a decision.P/J - The most complicated part, in my opinion. Perceivers will prefer to use their N/S function, while Judgers prefer to use their F/T function. A general trait is that a Judger will be much more comfortable making decisions.Fortunately, there's a relatively easy way to tell: people will extrovert their preferred function. An xNxP will spout off abstract ideas and evaluate them silently; an xSxP will point out details and remind others of what they might be forgetting; an xxTJ will think out loud; and an xxFJ will speak in terms of opinion (i.e. "I like that", "That's a bad idea").After you determine your type, punch it into your favorite search engine and read some bios - it's no fun just to know your type, the most interesting part is how it all comes together.

IrMSNn3.png

The way you describe it, JKK, I would most likely be an ESTP. Looking at general descriptions, it doesn't seem to describe me as well as I would like, though: I seem to observe expressions and traits just as well as everyone else, my interest in competition doesn't extend to simple conversations, and I'm not overly set in my own beliefs. However, looking at the trait list below, my personality doesn't seem too different (the boldfaced parts are where the trait list differs from my own personality):

• [*]Action-oriented [*]Live in the present moment [*]Dislike abstract theory without practical application [*]Like to see immediate results for their efforts [*]Fast-paced and energetic [*]Flexible and adaptable [*]Resourceful [*]Seldom work from a plan - make things up as they go [*]Fun to be around [*]Highly observant [*]Excellent memory for details [*]Excellent people skills [*]Good-natured [*]Excellent ability to see an immediate problem and quickly devise a solution [*]Attracted to adventure and risk[*]May be flashy or showy[*]Like initiating things - not necessarily following them through to completion

However, the trait list is only a general outline.In contrast, here's ENTP's trait list (again, dissimilarities boldfaced):

• [*]Project-oriented[*]Enjoy generating ideas and theories [*]Creative and ingenius [*]Bright and capable [*]Flexible and Diverse [*]Excellent communication skills [*]Enjoy debating issues with other people [*]Excellent people skills [*]Natural leaders, but do not like to control people [*]Resist being controlled by people [*]Lively and energetic; able to motivate others [*]Highly value knowledge and competence [*]Logical, rational thinkers [*]Able to grasp difficult concepts and theories [*]Enjoy solving difficult problems [*]Dislike confining schedules and environments [*]Dislike routine, detailed tasks

I'd say I'm somewhere between the two. As The Change said some ways above this post, there's no test or category that can fully explain me; I'm unique, from my genetic makeup to my personality. Edited by Legolover-361

Well, given the practical implications of S/N, I would say I'm about halfway between the two. When encountering a situation, it is my preference to analyse the details and use them to build up the big picture. The "point" of the thing is always kept in mind, but I make an effort to avoid losing track of smaller details.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, I'd probably mention any light fixtures, windows, maybe the texture of the walls. But the big idea of "mid-sized conference room" would go first.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The difference between S/N takes a lot of forms. Now that I understand it, I definitely see N traits in myself, but it was hard to tell at first.Some bad examples:Given a picture of an apple, describe it. Sensors should describe the apple itself while Intuitors will describe things relating to it (I came up strongly Sensor on this)How do you give directions? Sensors use landmarks, Intuitors use street names (I don't know anyone that gives directions with landmarks, and I know a lot of Sensors)Here are some better examples from my own experience (Just to reiterate, these are all Intuitor things):-When I was learning to drive (and more importantly, navigate), I simply couldn't figure out where I was. It didn't click until I looked at a map before I left, then I started committing our city's layout to memory and that's how I navigate now.-When I'm describing a movie, video game, or otherwise, I'll compare its general elements to other movies, etc. Source Code, for example, had Inception/Matrix style alternate reality themes, Groundhog Day/Zelda Majora's Mask time repetition (especially ZMM because of the disaster theme), plus a little bit of 24 (find the terrorist, defuse the bomb) and Bourne. (There were a few others but I forgot)@Shadows, the fact that you have to work not to lose track of details sounds like an N to me. Remember, it's preference, not ability.@Legolover, yeah, you sound like a N, too. Remember that N doesn't necessarily mean you can't see the details, it just means you prefer the big picture and if you don't have context for details, you have no use for them. I'm surprised you wouldn't describe yourself as project-oriented, though - you wouldn't prefer to have a consistent context for your work, rather than jumping from task to unrelated task?In fact, maybe a better test is how you would rather have something described to you, after all, S/N is an input preference.A Sensor told about a "medium-sized conference room" might ask next, "How many does it seat? Does it have a phone?".An Intuitor told about a "room with 12 chairs, and oval table, and a phone" might ask "What's it for?"

Edited by Jedi Knight Krazy

IrMSNn3.png

I didn't say that I have to work to keep track of the details, just that I like keeping track of them.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Now, there are other ways to figure out what type you are. There exists tests that figure out the strength of your functions. However, these tests don't give an accurate view of what your type is. For example, according to the functions test, the types I resemble the most are in order: INTP, INTJ or ENTJ. But I'm an ENFJ. And yes, even though the way my mind works, in many ways, resemble more the INTPs' way of thinking. For example, if any of you are familiar with the character L from the manga/anime series Death Note. I am way more similar to L's way of thinking than Light's, but on the overall, I'm more like Light. And Light's an ENTJ. However, I don't remember where I found the functions test. One that also told you what type you were, not just your functions. But I did find a more advanced MBTI test. If you're interested, I'll link it here: http://similarminds.com/pref_jung.html

Interesting -- the test gives alternate results if a few different personality types could all apply to the person. I refreshed a bunch of times; the test results say I share traits with ESFJs, ISTJs, ISFJs, and ESTJs, but I prefer the ESTJ personality type and am also attracted to other ESTJs. Interesting.My traits:Extroverted 50%, Introverted 50%Sensing 54.29%, Intuitive 45.71%Thinking 50%, Feeling 50%Judging 67.86%, Perceiving 32.14%Even if this turns out to be inaccurate, it's interesting to receive any idea about my personality. It makes me think; the more I think, the more I can uncover about myself.Also, JKK: I guess you could say I don't like doing a lot of planning for a project when I could just do it. The planning takes as much energy as the actual execution. Also, I'm the type of person who will have two chatboxes open in two separate tabs while browsing forums and listening to music -- I need multiple stimuli to occupy my attention, else I'll grow bored with any one task. I can't just drop everything and work on a single project (maybe that's why I dislike math tests, lol).

Also, JKK: I guess you could say I don't like doing a lot of planning for a project when I could just do it. The planning takes as much energy as the actual execution. Also, I'm the type of person who will have two chatboxes open in two separate tabs while browsing forums and listening to music -- I need multiple stimuli to occupy my attention, else I'll grow bored with any one task. I can't just drop everything and work on a single project (maybe that's why I dislike math tests, lol).

You've basically just described the P trait there - we don't like committing to decisions or planning.

IrMSNn3.png

However, I don't remember where I found the functions test. One that also told you what type you were, not just your functions. But I did find a more advanced MBTI test. If you're interested, I'll link it here: http://similarminds.com/pref_jung.html

Actualized type: INTJPreferred type: INTJAttraction type: INTJWell I'll be...

G A Y   A S   H E C K

Aperrently, I'm INFJ. 33% I, 50% N, 12% F, and 33% J.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Ah, the INFJs. The second rarest type, next to the INTJs. You might want to pay attention to the INFJs, because they are the most damaged, darkest and mysterious ones. Most INFJs have been through a lot of carp. My best friend is an INFJ, and she's probably one of the most special people I'll ever meet. Name a horrible thing you're able to go through, and she's probably been through it. A lot of INFJs have had it this way. Which poses the question: Environmental or genetic?

@The Change, that doesn't really seem to match what I've had in life. I have a nice home, loving parents, and close friends at school. The only challenge I've been given is Asperger's Syndrome, and I even enjoy that. Overall, I think I have a great life. Thankfully, the description you gave me doesn't seem to match. =)

Edited by GeluNumber1

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Another interesting fact about them is that they share the Nr.1 spot in IQ along with the INTJs.

They're also the only Feeler type to even rank in the top 10.

Now I'm not saying ALL INFJs are math geniuses, just as INTJs aren't, but what my experience with INFJs tells me is that they're very shielded and very private individuals. They're also very creative people. They're more likely than not to dabble in some form of creative activity than not.

I remain skeptical to all the people in here, because I don't think there are that many Thinkers on BZP.

For the most part, the BZP community is a whiny and hysterical one, and I don't find it likely that most of the people on here are objective, rational people.

Also, I don't think all of them are Introverts. Because a lot of the questions on the test require some interpretations.

For example, a lot of them look like this "Do you attend parties often?". Regardless of whether or not you actually go to parties, the real question here is: "Your friends have invited you to a party. Are you going?".

I think a lot more people would click Yes than No to that question.

I remain skeptical to all the people in here, because I don't think there are that many Thinkers on BZP.For the most part, the BZP community is a whiny and hysterical one, and I don't find it likely that most of the people on here are objective, rational people.

It's possible that Feelers are underrepresented in this topic. MBTI is rather analytical, after all.Or, because logic is such a huge cultural value, Feelers aren't comfortable admitting they'd rather make decisions based on emotion.

Also, I don't think all of them are Introverts. Because a lot of the questions on the test require some interpretations.

For example, a lot of them look like this "Do you attend parties often?". Regardless of whether or not you actually go to parties, the real question here is: "Your friends have invited you to a party. Are you going?".

I think a lot more people would click Yes than No to that question.

I'm assuming you're an Extravert, because that's not the difference between an Introvert and an Extravert. We're not so hopelessly anti-social as to outright refuse a gathering with friends unless we're already drained of energy. Maybe a better question is "You're at home tonight - would you rather be partying?" ...Unless, of course, that's not a question Extraverts would answer "yes" to. We'll get this eventually. Edited by Jedi Knight Krazy

IrMSNn3.png

Actualized type: INTJPreferred type: INTJAttraction type: INTJThat test was way too long.

despite that he saw blatant similarity

he struggled to find distinctive moiety

all he found was vulgar superficiality

but he focused it to sharpness

and shared it with the others

it signified his anger and his misery

them and us

Eh, in my case, I would refuse to go to a party 9 times out of 10, the exception being if it's less of a party than it is a small group of people, all of whom I know well, just sort of hanging out.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

@Jedi Knight

That's what I'm thinking as well. I don't think people realize that being a Feeler isn't about being emotional.

It's a moral system, a subjective one. A really simple example of this behavior: You're the captain of a soccer team and you're picking team members. You'd rather pick your friend because you don't wanna offend him or hurt his feelings instead of picking someone who's obviously more skilled at soccer than your friend.

I think Fs are such good individuals, once they've matured (and this goes for Ts as well).

They allow using abstract methods of thinking rather than a very compact and theoretically "perfect" ideal that's not really practical.

And I'm also aware that E vs. I is a lot more complex than social or not social. It's about where you gain you energy from. External activities or internal drive?

• 3 weeks later...

I seem to be an INTP (both times) when taking the first test you linked to. The second test I seem to have been INFP (though I'm not sure if I answered the questions in that one very accurately). Then I found another test which said I was mostly INFP, followed closely by INTP. So I guess I'm kinda between both.For that first test, here's what it said:very expressed introvertvery expressed intuitive personalitymoderately expressed thinking personalitymoderately expressed perceiving personalityI: 89 N: 88 T: 38: P: 44.The description seems to be spot on (or as spot on as it can be).Interesting topic.=)

Edited by Space: Ocean of Awe

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad