Gali Nuva

Ezorov

I have to say when i first saw the topic and there was that little fish i thought in my mind how in the world doe that correlate with gali then i saw the link and liked the picture.I cannot find anything you could improve on except the background a bit like the color of the ocean or the color of the sky. but other than that i think it is all good. the smile is a nice touch as well.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I love the expression in this pic, it gives a great view into Gali's soft side.The pose she's in looks a little uncomfortable though. :PCan't wait to see more from you!

Haha, she probably is a little uncomfortable! :lol:But yes, you make a good point! I'll uh, work on that :PAnd thank you!

I have to say when i first saw the topic and there was that little fish i thought in my mind how in the world doe that correlate with gali then i saw the link and liked the picture.I cannot find anything you could improve on except the background a bit like the color of the ocean or the color of the sky. but other than that i think it is all good. the smile is a nice touch as well.

I was afraid that might happen, haha! I'm glad you liked it, though ^_^Haha, also, the "sky" was actually meant to be water… I was hoping to draw some sort of fog over it in the distance, but my fog drawing skills are lacking somewhat. And so, I didn't end up drawing fog :P

Good job! I really like how you made it seem like she has a sentimental side or something with the facial expressions and whatnot. nice water effects too!

Thank you so much! ^_^

bannnnner.png

Your first try? Nice job. You've stayed pretty faithful to the set, but your rendering her less bulky is not unwelcome. On the whole the proportions are pretty good, the leg facing the camera seems a bit long, especially the lower leg, but I think it could be passed off as body type (or you could do the captain flowers thing). Just be aware of it. Speaking of, my biggest piece of advice is that you should bulk up the joints. Right now they're really thin bars and it looks, well, odd, and flimsy. You can keep them as cylinders, just make their radius larger. As for her right leg, I see what you were going for with the pose, but it appears to be drawn as though from a more overhead view, while the rest of Gali is more sideways, so it's in a position one probably wouldn't leave it in to relax. Just moving her foot down on the page so it's more in line with her hips would fix it. And better to draw an interesting pose slightly off than a perfect boring one. Just keep at it! Oh, kudos for taking the time to draw her hands well- hands are hard after all.

Your first try? Nice job. You've stayed pretty faithful to the set, but your rendering her less bulky is not unwelcome. On the whole the proportions are pretty good, the leg facing the camera seems a bit long, especially the lower leg, but I think it could be passed off as body type (or you could do the captain flowers thing). Just be aware of it. Speaking of, my biggest piece of advice is that you should bulk up the joints. Right now they're really thin bars and it looks, well, odd, and flimsy. You can keep them as cylinders, just make their radius larger. As for her right leg, I see what you were going for with the pose, but it appears to be drawn as though from a more overhead view, while the rest of Gali is more sideways, so it's in a position one probably wouldn't leave it in to relax. Just moving her foot down on the page so it's more in line with her hips would fix it. And better to draw an interesting pose slightly off than a perfect boring one. Just keep at it! Oh, kudos for taking the time to draw her hands well- hands are hard after all.

Oh, thank you! You made a lot of good points!Haha, thanks. I've been drawing for four years now and hands have always been an issue for me to draw >.<

AWSOME JOB! I like how you drew her a mouth to show her expression. :) Something i kinda struggle with atm, i dont know how but still. Awsome.

Thanks so much! I'm glad you liked it :D

That looks great! Nothing looks too out-of-place, but since her leg and hand are in water, it might look a bit better if they were slightly distorted, due to the ripples. Just an idea, but it looks pretty good.

Sigh, I know… haha, unfortunately I realized that after I colored it--and I had already spent way too much time on it-- so by then I really didn't want to go back and fix it. I suppose I could have used a coloring program on the computer, but meh, whatever :P

Great expression on Gali's face. The fish is a nice touch, and her reaching out is good. But, her shoulder seems a little small and off.

Hmm, yeah I guess so… I'll work on that. :P

bannnnner.png

Overall, amazing. Water is a particularly tricky subject to render on paper and you gave the right impression. Everything was great, but I could agree with the 1st Shadow on the part about something to differentiate the body parts that are underwater. Since the water is very calm, perhaps not distortion from ripples, but maybe it should be paler in color...or darker. I'm not entirely sure, I just feel that one or the other might give the right effect. I haven't really done any subjects in water before...Well, whatever. I really like it.

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.

Oh, how cute! I love the simplicity of this piece; just Gali communing with a fish. The coloring is well done, especially on the water. The style is fairly consistent; Gali, the fish, and the water and land all look like they belong together. The way the weapons have been discarded also give a slight look into Gali's personality. While they weren't carelessly tossed aside, it's obvious she hasn't paid attention to the fact that one has fallen down from where she left it. She's much more interested in the fish.

Edited by Toa Novu

zolfbanner.jpg

So take my hand, Now you'll never be lonely, Not when I'm home, sweet home

I see your star, you left it burning for me

Mother, I'm here

Thank you, everyone! :D

Since the water is very calm, perhaps not distortion from ripples, but maybe it should be paler in color...or darker. I'm not entirely sure, I just feel that one or the other might give the right effect. I haven't really done any subjects in water before...Well, whatever. I really like it.

Ah, I see! Yeah, that would probably work too!Anyways, thank you! :)

bannnnner.png

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the emotion the character provoke. Gali seems to have a certain aspect of loneliness and longing for a friend, while the fish has a, of course, blank fish stare, but with an element of surprise and marvel and distrust. Very nice.

Hah, it's nice knowing that everyone can read so deeply into such a simplistic piece :)Also, thanks so much!

bannnnner.png

I AM REPLYING TO THIS TOPIC AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME.Having followed your art for quite some time (as well as giving you pointers quite often) I can see that you've put them to good use here. Gali has just enough detail to make her easily recognizable, but not so much that it becomes cluttered. You forgot the two holes in the shoulderpads, though. Were you looking at the set when you drew this?The hands are well drawn where they are and convey the right sense of harmony Gali has with the ocean. The balljoints at the wrist are too small, but whatever.The biggest thing that caught me off guard here is that she seems to be sitting on an inclined plane, and as such her right leg seems to be wrenched uncomfortably far back. She also seems to be leaning over far enough as to be in danger of falling headfirst into the water.And the fish should have been Boinicle-ized, as MNoG did it.And the mask! I mean, look at it! It's, uh- ah nevermind, it actually looks pretty good.SEE IF YOU WOULD HAVE SHOWN ME WHAT YOU WERE WORKING ON I COULD HAVE TOLD YOU ALL THIS AHEAD OF TIME BUT NOOOOO

Edited by Kakaru

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

I AM REPLYING TO THIS TOPIC AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME.Having followed your art for quite some time (as well as giving you pointers quite often) I can see that you've put them to good use here. Gali has just enough detail to make her easily recognizable, but not so much that it becomes cluttered. You forgot the two holes in the shoulderpads, though. Were you looking at the set when you drew this?The hands are well drawn where they are and convey the right sense of harmony Gali has with the ocean. The balljoints at the wrist are too small, but whatever.The biggest thing that caught me off guard here is that she seems to be sitting on an inclined plane, and as such her right leg seems to be wrenched uncomfortably far back. She also seems to be leaning over far enough as to be in danger of falling headfirst into the water.And the fish should have been Boinicle-ized, as MNoG did it.And the mask! I mean, look at it! It's, uh- ah nevermind, it actually looks pretty good.SEE IF YOU WOULD HAVE SHOWN ME WHAT YOU WERE WORKING ON I COULD HAVE TOLD YOU ALL THIS AHEAD OF TIME BUT NOOOOO

NOOOO, WHAT? YOU JUST--oh, okay :P Hey there Kakaru.Well, yes of course! Your suggestions are quite helpful and--believe it or not--I do actually take them into consideration.Oh yeah, I guess I did.And NO, I DID NOT LOOK AT THE SET WHILE DRAWING THIS. Don't be so absurd ;)Hah yeah, I can't believe I didn't notice how strange looking her leg was when I first drew this :/Though I feel like if I moved her leg in closer to her body (and not as awkwardly wrenched back) it would seem balence out her weight and it wouldn't look like she was about to fall in. I dunno, just a thought.Hey, I liked the fish! :P But yeah, I guess it could have been Bionicle-ized… I just sort of liked the odd(for lack of a better word) relationship between the two. One animal, one machine, but while different, they both have something in common: water.Haha, I almost got offended just then.Thank you :]And what do you mean "If you would have shown me"?YOU ACT LIKE YOU KNOW ME.Hold on! I feel like there's some sort of connection between us…*GASP* O.O WAIT, YOU'RE--Haha, ok but seriously now. Next time I'll make sure to show you my art before posting it!Thanks for the comments, Kakaru!

bannnnner.png

NOOOO, WHAT? YOU JUST--oh, okay :P Hey there Kakaru.Well, yes of course! Your suggestions are quite helpful and--believe it or not--I do actually take them into consideration.Oh yeah, I guess I did.And NO, I DID NOT LOOK AT THE SET WHILE DRAWING THIS. Don't be so absurd ;)

Wait, what? ._.NO HEY YES YOU DID. DON'T GIVE ME THAT.

Hah yeah, I can't believe I didn't notice how strange looking her leg was when I first drew this :/Though I feel like if I moved her leg in closer to her body (and not as awkwardly wrenched back) it would seem balence out her weight and it wouldn't look like she was about to fall in. I dunno, just a thought.

Well, yes. Hopefully. I mean, there's not a lot you can do now, but in the future, ya know.

Hey, I liked the fish! :P But yeah, I guess it could have been Bionicle-ized… I just sort of liked the odd(for lack of a better word) relationship between the two. One animal, one machine, but while different, they both have something in common: water.

That occurred to me, but I felt like criticizing it anyways because anjelfish aren't canon.

Haha, I almost got offended just then.Thank you :]

I'll have to try harder. *srs face*

And what do you mean "If you would have shown me"?YOU ACT LIKE YOU KNOW ME.Hold on! I feel like there's some sort of connection between us…*GASP* O.O WAIT, YOU'RE--Haha, ok but seriously now. Next time I'll make sure to show you my art before posting it!Thanks for the comments, Kakaru!

Wait, yeah. Weird. It's almost as if we have this psychic link, like, siblings or something. Freaky.

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

Wait, what? ._.NO HEY YES YOU DID. DON'T GIVE ME THAT.

No, shh! You spoil my fun!

Well, yes. Hopefully. I mean, there's not a lot you can do now, but in the future, ya know.

Right. It's not really worth going back to fix it now. But, yes, in the future I'll keep an eye out for those little things that tend to take the viewer out of the moment of the picture.

Wait, yeah. Weird. It's almost as if we have this psychic link, like, siblings or something. Freaky.

Aye. Weird. But… no. Siblings? Couldn't be. I've never seen you before in my life ;) Edited by Ezorov

bannnnner.png