Vehicles

Toa of Nerds

Backin 2008, Lego introduced vehicles for Bionicle. Now however, with Hero Factory, it appears as if they've stopped the practice. Why? The vehicles were always neat and some of my favorite sets. Do you think Lego should bring back vehicles to Hero Factory, and what should they look like?-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Let's remember that Hero Factory 2.0 is a more simplistic building style. All in all, from its second wave onward, Hero Factory has been aimed at kids not exactly in the former target group of BIONICLE. They had the drop ship, but that was in the first wave - the "transition" year, as I like to call it.I don't think it's a matter of that they didn't sell well - although that might have been a factor, I don't know - but do you think younger kids would know how to build something like the Axalara? I think not.They were some of my favorite sets too, and I think if they were brought back, they could be done well, even if they're not in the 2.0 style, which would be well nigh impossible. (Don't underestimate the kiddies, folks.)

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Actually, I think they should bring back the vehicles, and use the 2.0 system perhaps. I own the dropship as well, and it's fantastic. I should probably take it apart to build other things, but I can't bring myself to do it. Actually, what they're doing for the heroes now is simply adding an update to them in order to make them able to travel in enviornment A, X or Z. (See Breakout Furno.

If they reintroduced vehicles, they'd probably use Technic, not the Hero Factory system (what's a one-word name for it?).As such, I think it's unlikely, as Hero Factory is sufficiently divorced from Technic that having almost entirely Technic-based sets would seem odd.Furthermore, Hero Factory's simpler design is much more kid-friendly and inherently easier to understand. The population of teen/adult fans of Hero Factory is almost certainly too small to be able to justify adding any larger, more complicated sets that use the Technic building system.Even though there's enough people to justify the main Technic sets, I doubt that many of them would buy "kiddy" sets like Hero Factory.

Vehicle sets would be cool, but my guess is that they just didn't sell as well as figure-based building sets. I'm sure if there were enough of a market for vehicle sets the designers wouldn't let the new building system stop them-- they'd either find a way to work with it or find a way to work around it, perhaps using a build with a heavier emphasis on Technic like Witch Doctor but still using the HF building system in some way or another.If there were a return to vehicle-based sets, I'd like to see another spaceship like the Drop Ship, just because that works so well for Hero Factory's story. Perhaps we could get a brick-built Hero Pod since the canisters will no longer be around to fulfill that function.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I think more vehicles would suit Hero Factory very well, given it's more action-oriented style and space theme. The trouble is, you can't make a vehicle set without reverting to technic, which Lego seems to be trying to avoid relying on too much with Hero Factory, so it's unlikely we'll see one. Of course, it'd be great if we get one, if a little harsh on my wallet.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I suppose they could make some new molds for a Hero Factory-ish vehicle, though it's a stretch.Perhaps they could make Exo Toa-esque vehicles. Afterall, those wouldn't require wheels, and their limbs could incorporate the HF system well.

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

I personally think that Lego shouldn't under-estimate kids. When I was 7 my favorite line was Technic, and that's what drew me to Bionicle (back when Bionicle was labled as Technic). I had no trouble building any of those models, and even if I did, I could just ask Mom or Dad to help me out. Note to lego: kids aren't stupid.As for vehicles themselves, I was kinda hoping that HF would transition to a more space-like theme, and have space ships as vehicles. I'm already forming some awesome models in my head...-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

I personally think that Lego shouldn't under-estimate kids. When I was 7 my favorite line was Technic, and that's what drew me to Bionicle (back when Bionicle was labled as Technic). I had no trouble building any of those models, and even if I did, I could just ask Mom or Dad to help me out. Note to lego: kids aren't stupid.As for vehicles themselves, I was kinda hoping that HF would transition to a more space-like theme, and have space ships as vehicles. I'm already forming some awesome models in my head...-don't touch my pocket protector

LEGO isn't necessarily assuming kids are stupid (although I remember at I think my sixth or seventh birthday having Throwbots as party favors, and some kids couldn't even understand those very simple instructions). Perhaps they've just found that large-scale figures sell better than vehicles at that price point. Perhaps they've just found kids tend to have more fun playing with figures than with vehicles. Or perhaps they've just found that the kids who prefer vehicles tend to be interested in other themes like Technic and not in an action-figure theme like Hero Factory. There could be countless reasons TLG might not be releasing vehicles for a while, and assuming it's because they think kids are stupid is a big leap.I'd like vehicle sets to come back too, but at the same time I'm perfectly happy with them continuing to release figure-based or character-based sets instead. A vehicle set would be a nice treat, but the figure sets are imaginative enough to keep me entertained for now. Figures are what I tend to build in my free time anyway.

Do any of the Technic vehicles work with the new HF build?

Edited by Smitty

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Let's remember that Hero Factory 2.0 is a more simplistic building style. All in all, from its second wave onward, Hero Factory has been aimed at kids not exactly in the former target group of BIONICLE. They had the drop ship, but that was in the first wave - the "transition" year, as I like to call it.I don't think it's a matter of that they didn't sell well - although that might have been a factor, I don't know - but do you think younger kids would know how to build something like the Axalara? I think not.They were some of my favorite sets too, and I think if they were brought back, they could be done well, even if they're not in the 2.0 style, which would be well nigh impossible. (Don't underestimate the kiddies, folks.)

I agree with this. Huge, complicated vehicles don't fit with the simplicity of Hero Factory.

• 3 weeks later...

Backin 2008, Lego introduced vehicles for Bionicle. Now however, with Hero Factory, it appears as if they've stopped the practice. Why? The vehicles were always neat and some of my favorite sets. Do you think Lego should bring back vehicles to Hero Factory, and what should they look like?-don't touch my pocket protector

YES! IMO, HF has the better fitted storyline to incorporate vehicles. I've only seen 2.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!