Space-Themed Sets

Toa of Nerds

Hero Factory appears to be fashioning itself as a sort of sci-fi theme. To me, sci-fi means one thing and one thing only: space. However, HF hasn't really made any space-themed sets yet. A promo picture in the Lego magazine does put Surge facing Splitface on what appears to be a moon, however, there's isn't much more than that. When I realized that HF was going to be more sci-fi orientented I was hoping they would launch the sets into space; something that would have been impractical with Bionicle. Would you like to see that happen, too? What do you think the sets should look like?-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

I think BIONICLE would have eventually gone spaced-out, but they'd had to have indisputably jumped the shark at that point, so I'm glad they didn't.Given enough time, I think it's inevitable that Hero Factory would do something in space. They've done fire and jungle themes, who says that they won't decide to put Furno and Co. in outer space? Then they could take on a real von Nebula.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

They travel THROUGH space all the time. I think an entire space-themed setting would be kind of boring, honestly. You need solid ground at some point to do battle, so that's what planets are for. Maybe IN a space station, but how is that different from what it's been doing?

So much space, gotta see it all!Sci-Fi says nada about space travel. It just is fiction with advanced technology involved.Anyhow, Hero Factory already has lots of space. It's just that the relevant scenes happen on-planet.Furthermore, the first villain was space-based.Space-themed sets would be cool, however. Maybe space-theming could occur to go with Von Nebula's return (remember, it was implied that Von Nebula was still around at the end of the first Hero Factory story).

To me, sci-fi means one thing and one thing only: space.

Nope.Sci-fi is a very strange theme. It can overlap with basically all others, and seems to be a dumping place for things that involve technology regardless of the ratio of sci to fi. "Science fiction is what I point at and say, that is science fiction." Space is common in that genre, but not an inherent feature.BIONICLE was a sci-fi all the time, and it became even more so in the end. I don't think Sumiki's "inevitable" is the best word, but there's a good chance they might do space.

I don't think Sumiki's "inevitable" is the best word, but there's a good chance they might do space.

If it goes on for long enough, I'd say it's fairly inevitable. There are only so many land or sea themes they can do without repeating themselves. Again, this is only if it goes on long enough.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

They travel THROUGH space all the time. I think an entire space-themed setting would be kind of boring, honestly. You need solid ground at some point to do battle, so that's what planets are for. Maybe IN a space station, but how is that different from what it's been doing?

Yes, they travel through space, but to date, no sets have been made with heros in space. Of course they would be tied to some space station or space ship, but I could totally see zero-g battles happening.

Nope.Sci-fi is a very strange theme. It can overlap with basically all others, and seems to be a dumping place for things that involve technology regardless of the ratio of sci to fi. "Science fiction is what I point at and say, that is science fiction." Space is common in that genre, but not an inherent feature.BIONICLE was a sci-fi all the time, and it became even more so in the end. I don't think Sumiki's "inevitable" is the best word, but there's a good chance they might do space.
To me sci-fi is space travel and exploration. I've read many sci-fi books, and I gravitate towards the ones with space-faring. However, you are rigth the sci-fi doesn't need to be in space, although I would disagree that Bionicle was ever sci-fi. Bionicle was mainly fantasy. Science fiction, by definition, requires a basis in technology that attempts to be explained, while fantasy relies on "magic". All sci-fi is fantasy to a certain extent, but not all fantasy is sci-fi. Bionicle is mainly fantasy, with some accents of sci-fi in places like Metru-Nui. While there is "technology" in Metru-Nui, most of that technology is based on disk, which are essentially magic.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Yes, they travel through space, but to date, no sets have been made with heros in space. Of course they would be tied to some space station or space ship, but I could totally see zero-g battles happening.

To me sci-fi is space travel and exploration. I've read many sci-fi books, and I gravitate towards the ones with space-faring. However, you are rigth the sci-fi doesn't need to be in space, although I would disagree that Bionicle was ever sci-fi. Bionicle was mainly fantasy. Science fiction, by definition, requires a basis in technology that attempts to be explained, while fantasy relies on "magic". All sci-fi is fantasy to a certain extent, but not all fantasy is sci-fi. Bionicle is mainly fantasy, with some accents of sci-fi in places like Metru-Nui. While there is "technology" in Metru-Nui, most of that technology is based on disk, which are essentially magic.-don't touch my pocket protector
BIONICLE could be called an example of "science fantasy". Sort of like Star Wars (pre-midichlorians, that is), really.Besides, BIONICLE stopped being magic sometime during the Mask of Life arc.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, they travel through space, but to date, no sets have been made with heros in space. Of course they would be tied to some space station or space ship, but I could totally see zero-g battles happening. -don't touch my pocket protector
I would hate to see that in Hero Factory. Why? Because the show would COMPLETELY disregard all natural laws of physics in favor of flashy effects. Most likely, they'd treat it as just a bunch of empty air, which is exactly what outer space is not.If you think I'm jumping to conclusions, just look at how the series has turned every interesting, well-thought-out weapon into a lump of metal that just shoots lasers. Look at the absolute worst moment in Hero Factory, at the beginning of The Trials of Furno, when XPlode blocks Stringer's sonic waves by turning his back on them.I'm now going to turn my back on Hero Factory story and see if I can still hear it. If I can't, I'll be very happy indeed.[/rant]All in all, I'd vote against an outer space theme. However cool it would be, the TV series would ruin it. Let's stick to something they can't mess up.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Yes, they travel through space, but to date, no sets have been made with heros in space. Of course they would be tied to some space station or space ship, but I could totally see zero-g battles happening.-don't touch my pocket protector
I would hate to see that in Hero Factory. Why? Because the show would COMPLETELY disregard all natural laws of physics in favor of flashy effects. Most likely, they'd treat it as just a bunch of empty air, which is exactly what outer space is not.If you think I'm jumping to conclusions, just look at how the series has turned every interesting, well-thought-out weapon into a lump of metal that just shoots lasers. Look at the absolute worst moment in Hero Factory, at the beginning of The Trials of Furno, when XPlode blocks Stringer's sonic waves by turning his back on them.I'm now going to turn my back on Hero Factory story and see if I can still hear it. If I can't, I'll be very happy indeed.[/rant]All in all, I'd vote against an outer space theme. However cool it would be, the TV series would ruin it. Let's stick to something they can't mess up.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Lego is already sort of testing the waters of different theme ideas with this breakout line. Furno is chasing down Jawblade underwater, Evo is tracking down Toxic Reapa in a jungle environment, Breez is hunting Thornaxx in an air based environment, Rocka hunts Black Phantom in the Hero Factory for a Hero Factory themed environment, and lastly, Surge is hunting down Splitface in Space.

I, have been speculating that this year is the end of hero factory. why? you may ask. it may be based off my pure hatred for hero factory, but it is not entirely biased of that.you may have noticed that thee is no ".0" in the line. lego has probably notice that we are getting tired of that. this black phantom freed all the captured villans, right? so this is the final battle somewhat. so it seems. look, you may say " yeah, but lego can alway continue this, duh" but look at it this way. if lego continues this another year or two, then what will be the end of it? will they just say" okay, whatever, no major ending, we'll just cut it off and leave people wondering what happened" probably not. and if they did a giant jail-break thing again, it wil just be the same thing, and fans will say that it is repetitive. I think that HF will end this summer, with one final wave with the heros not in this wave. hopefully there would be a space battle

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Hero Factory appears to be fashioning itself as a sort of sci-fi theme. To me, sci-fi means one thing and one thing only: space. However, HF hasn't really made any space-themed sets yet. A promo picture in the Lego magazine does put Surge facing Splitface on what appears to be a moon, however, there's isn't much more than that. When I realized that HF was going to be more sci-fi orientented I was hoping they would launch the sets into space; something that would have been impractical with Bionicle. Would you like to see that happen, too? What do you think the sets should look like?-don't touch my pocket protector

Don't heroes travel to different planets and moons? Insn't that space? Anyhow, I still agree. HF needs more vehicles.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!