Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: ZacZac left the town and started walking towards Saffron the vermillion, after saying goodbye to the two new friends he made and then left.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

OOC: *Bronzong.IC - Hayes - Coeur Tower: Hayes's eyes flashed, as did her Bronzong's. A green shield of energy appeared around her, her Pokemon, Sonja and Ellen, and the bomb, blocking Orange's Pokemons' attacks.Hayes continued to glare at Orange, even as the Protect dissipated into the air. She said nothing--only glared.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: Gah, that's what I get for relying on my memory. =P

-==IC: Orange==-

Orange simply glared back.

"You'd put your sister in danger, to prove a point?" Orange growled, and shook his head. "I won't let that happen." Orange said, and sighed. "Repeat the attacks." Orange stated, even as he ran toward Maddison himself. "I will stop you!"

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: ZacZac kept walking to Saffron, the reason for him retuning home was to make sure nothing had really changed, since he left on his journey to Kanto. Also, Zac bought maybe this Darkrai could him out with something.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC - Hayes - Coeur Tower: Hayes still didn't say anything. She raised a hand, here eyes still glowing. Orange found himself flying backward, skidding along the floor thanks to a psychic burst. With a flourish of its own hands, Bronzong did much the same to the Rocket agent's Pokemon while its Protect attack recharged."You are the epitome of overconfidence," Hayes said simply, crossing her arms again as Orange recovered. "And coming from me, that's saying something."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: ZacHe finally made it back to Saffron, so he got out his X-transceiver to figure out where Vermellion was. Just south of Saffron, alright then, time to keep going.

IC: Ryan
Ryan burst into the room with Quil and Misdreavus. Taking in the situation, he had the Typhlosion charge up a Flamethrower and Misdreavus prepare a Shadow Ball even as he sent out Jake's Aggron. The large Steel-Type roared at Hayes.

"Let them go!" the Liberty agent cried.

Edited by Konuju

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: EvanEvan heard loud noises coming up ahead, so he stopped running and went up the last open door and entered."Hi there.", Evan said to Hayes Orange, and Ryan, "Not interrupting, am I?"Sending out all of his remaining pokemon, Evan, for once, did not strike a pose. His eyes were full of fire, as were his pokemon's eyes."You've insulted my bonds with my pokemon.", Evan said in a cold voice, "Now you are going to kill an entire city? You will pay for this."OOC: Going to work for 5 hours, so I leave control of Evan to Parugi.

"Oh yeah? Says the one who uses her own sister as a hostage. You and Hikari really make a good pair." Orange said with a scowl, as he rolled his eyes. "Byakuya, Sucker Punch." Orange said, attempting to at least make a dent somehow.

"Aizen, Teleport, Ice Punch." Orange called out, as he released the Abra, and also sent out his Oshawott at the same time. "Rukia; Disable." Orange commanded, attempting to block off Protect.

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: ZacZac walked out of saffron and walked towards Vermellion to get to TE dock. To bad Gavin and Chaz couldn't come, hopefully he would see then again.

IC - Hayes - Coeur Tower: Hayes looked at Ryan and Evan as they entered, her head slightly hung to the side as she observed them and their Pokemon. Her eyes still possessed that same cold flare that it always bore. Slowly, she reached for a Pokeball, releasing her Jynx into the party."I'm not killing the population if they're being evacuated," she said simply. "As far as deaths are concerned, you're the only ones who have a chance at getting killed here. So if you want them..." She glanced at Ellen and Sonja, before looking back at the group before her. "... then you're going to have to take them."She rolled her eyes as Orange tried to attack again. The psychic barrier she was maintaining around the upper half of the building blocked Aizen's Teleport, rendering his attack useless. And while Rukia's Disable did seem to work, it only served to shut off one of her Pokemon's Protects--not the others. As a result, Jynx was able to block the Sucker Punch."Let's analyze your accusation for a moment," she said to Orange. "You're telling me that my sole intent is to kill my sister--the only other person alive who possesses my flesh and blood. The same girl that I haven't seen for fifteen years. The girl who, ever since our parents died, has been wandering the continents in search of the only family she has left." Hayes narrowed her eyes. "You're telling me that I'm wrong for taking her out of an environment where I wouldn't have been able to speak with her and putting her in one that, until you arrived, was actually safer to speak in, for me to try and talk to her after so long?" A window behind her suddenly shattered, though she didn't look at it."Tell me," she said. "Who am I actually killing by doing this when the majority of Plasma's armies have gone off to evacuate the city? And where in this equation does taking Sonja display any sort of overconfidence? Sociopathy, perhaps--sorrow, sure--but overconfidence? I think not."OOC: I, too, am actually going to be gone from 1 to 4 Pacific time, so... I won't be posting again for a while, most likely. xp

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

"Rukia, disable the other protect." Orange said, and glared at Maddison. "I never said anything about overconfidence. I just noticed it funny that you say I'm overconfident, when you're the one who started this situation, and don't even understand the full situation, and what you managed to do." Orange said, and smirked.

"Sure; you want to talk to her. But really? Taking her to a place where bombs are, and then attacking the person trying to rescue her? And then calling that person overconfident? That pushes things. But yes, I am saying that taking her out of that environment was wrong. You, and everyone else who has some strange wish to put their siblings into danger, should go the normal route, and either meet their sibling in person, or pick up a phone, and call them." Orange said, and scowled for a moment.

"But you know what? It's better to just settle this normally; I think we both know we won't convince the other. So I'm sending out all my Pokemon." Orange said, as he grabbed the last Pokeball on his belt; and then tossed it forward. "... Let's do this Entei, we can beat her." Orange said, a grim look on his face, as the oddly coloured Entei was sent out, and simply looked at Sophia, not sending any thoughts out, just being... calm.

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: Ellen
Upon seeing the rescue group, Ellen redoubled her efforts to get her Pokemon out of their Pokeballs. But she was bound too tight.

"Even if the city's evacuated, you're still costing these people their homes," Ryan growled. "And I won't stand for that. Sonja may be your sister, but you have no right in taking Ellen hostage!"

Quil unleashed its Flamethrower on the Bronzong, while Misdreavus sent its Shadow Ball flying toward Jynx. Ryan had Aggron use Iron Tail on Jynx as he sent out his other Pokemon -- Gabite, Togetic, and Dewott.

Finally, he sent out his own Entei, who stood next to Orange's strangely-colored one.

OOC: I'm also going to be gone for a few hours. :P

Edited by Konuju

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC - Hayes - Coeur Tower: Hayes simply stared at Orange, thinking of how to respond to his insane logic. As she did so, her Pokémon moved to respond to the attacks that had been launched.Rukia was interrupted before she could activate her Disable. A Psychic field surrounded her, spinning her and throwing off her concentration. Jynx created another Protect, blocking the Iron Tail from hitting her; the Flamethrower was merely redirected with another use of Psychic."How is it," Hayes asked after a moment. "that I don't understand the situation that I have created, Mr. Anderson? Where did you come to that conclusion, especially after I explained what is going on here?" For the first time, she lowered her arms. "Do you believe that I don't realize that Team Plasma has proof of who is really behind the impending destruction of Castelia City? Do you believe that I've overlooked the fact that before me is a room full of people who have seen me in action, and who will undoubtedly report to the Sages that Castelia's destruction was the result of some poor, insane terrorist's agent as opposed to being the actions of the Rockets or Team Liberty? I've taken that into account. Consider this: Who will they blame for my being here, especially when they find out Ford's background--their selves, for being unable to keep me out of Unova, or the Kanto regions, for not keeping their own demons in check?" The sunglasses that she had been holding in her hand shattered, black glass falling to the floor. "I know full well what is going on here. Do not pretend that you know better than me."She reached for a pouch on her belt, unlatching it and pulling out her piccolo."And tell me, how can you even dare attempt to deflect attention, or claim that my sins are greater than your pride--your overconfidence?" she asked. "Evan Tierra, the Hero of Space, Palkia's Chosen One, who has managed to create an admirable team that includes Unova's own God of Fertility and who has the backing of the entire Unovan army behind him, fell to me within an hour, fighting only against the two Pokémon before you. You charged in here with a half-evolved team, immediately attacked without waiting for your allies--a group that includes said Hero of Space--and continue to attempt to insult me despite being at a major disadvantage--on top of abusing that awfully obnoxious smirk. That is stupidity. No doubt I'll have to bring in back-up for this battle--I admit that; but what, in Arceus's name, makes you think that you can tackle such large problems on your own?"She looked at Evan. "You say I 'insulted' the bonds between you and your team, when all I ever said was that, while admirable, you need more than just your friends?" Hayes nodded at Orange. "His overconfidence and disregard to the need for others' help is far more of an insult than any thought or musing that I have ever uttered. You misremember our conversation.""And you." She looked at Ryan. "I have no qualms with the people of Unova. I have every problem with your leaders, as well as his--" She nodded at Orange again. "--and his." She indicated Evan. "You perpetuate the war between Team Liberty and Team Rocket. Every day, your factions cause immeasurable damage to the Kanto regions--your own homes. And Team Plasma? They do nothing to stop it. They would rather ignore it--suffocate knowledge of it, even, to stop their own citizens--like me--from trying to do anything about it. You are just. Like. Us." She brushed a few stray strands of hair out of her eyes. "When Team Liberty, Team Rocket, or Team Plasma have done something to end this war--that is the day when we will agree to stop. Until then, I would love to hear how you can justify your damage while condemning mine. All three of those factions cause damage to their own civilians on a daily basis--just as much as what is about to occur here. It's time they feel the repercussions of their actions."Hayes raised her piccolo to her mouth and began to play. Sonja gasped as she saw the immediate effect. As Bronzong and Jynx shifted, moving closer and seeming to slowly dance in tune with the music, both their eyes and Hayes's began to glow, combining their psychic energy. For a moment, nothing seemed to happen.Only for a moment.With a force powerful enough to shatter all of the windows in the room, Jynx, Hayes, and Bronzong unleashed a psychic attack powerful enough to knock out every base-stage Pokémon it hit, as well as deal a large amount of damage to the others. It flipped tables, ripped seats from where they had been bolted to the ground, crushed a number of doors. Ten floors down, Kyle could feel the attack, forcing him to grip the railing to avoid falling. The entire time, Hayes continued to play her piccolo, the melody floating through the air.When all was said and done, the upper floor was clouded with dust, though not enough to block vision. Jynx and Bronzong fell back slightly, staring forward with Hayes as they waited to see the damage that had been done.OOC: Btw, guys--"Last Agni Kai," Avatar. 'nuff said.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: ZacZac made it to Vermellion and made his way to the dock. The city was supposed to be homage of the electric type gym, however with this darkrai situation and the rockets, he highly doubted he could challenge the gym leader, besides the gym looked like it was closed.Zac made it to the dock and got his ticket and boarded TE shop.

Entei threw up a Protect around the group at the last minute, but the psychic blast tore through the shield. Although the force field took most of the attack, Ryan was still thrown back against the wall. Hard. Picking himself up, Ryan looked at the rest of his Pokemon.

Misdreavus was barely hanging on to consciousness; Dewott and Gabite looked like they had been through a war. Togie, Quil and Aggron were the only ones that looked like they had enough strength left to put up a decent fight.

We've barely begun, and already she's nearly leveled half my team. Ryan thought furiously. What should we do?

IC: Ellen
Ellen covered her eyes from the powerful psychic blast. The devestation was horrible. There has to be some way to stop her... she reasoned. Then it hit her. "She used that piccolo for the attack!" she cried. "If you destroy it, you might have a chance!"

Edited by Konuju

IC: ZacZac got onto the ship, which was filled with people and their Pokemon, so he decided to bring out his growlithe since everyone else seemed to be doing it. He walked towards the main deck where there was a giant pool, Ike's with people and water type Pokemon. Then a whistle went off, and the ship started to move out of the dock.

Orange was about to retort to Hayes' comments; when she pulled out the Piccolo, and played it. Orange was knocked back, Hozukimaru and Aizen were knocked out, Rukia and Zangetsu were knocked back as well, even Byakuya was slightly affected by the psychic blast, despite his dark type taking most of the blow, and Blade gripped his head, as the psychic attack affected him a bit.

"Do you really think I intend to fight on my own?" Orange asked, as he slowly stood up, his Entei the only one who took very little damage aside from Byakuya. "No. I simply tried to get some of your Pokemon damaged; which failed. And I also tried to get backup as well, which also failed." Orange said, and scowled. "You want to know what I think? I think this whole war is despicable." Orange admitted, a frown on his face.

"You don't get it. You are right; one of each of the Teams are here, fighting you right now. Team Rocket, Team Liberty, Team Plasma. And yet; we. Don't. Care. Is that not enough of a sign that differences can be put behind one another!?" Orange asked, as he shook his head. "I once thought that things were black and white; that Team Rocket were the victims, and that Team Liberty was totally at fault; especially since my sister died because of the war, despite me being in reality a Unovan citizen." Orange said, staying quiet for a moment.

"However, I've learned that nothing is truly black and white. While some people are at fault; there are always others who are worse off, or more to their story. Something you haven't learned, it seems. You are just like Hikari." Orange said finally, and looked at Maddison with a scowl. "You hate different regions; for your own reasons; and yet, there might be a different explanation in reality. And you also show your ignorance to reality." Orange stated, and clenched his fist.

"My name is not 'Mr. Anderson', that is but my codename, alongside 'Orange'. My name is Ray Hakuda, Unovan/Kanto citizen of 18 years; my sister is Jessica Hakuda, killed by a air strike in Goldenrod City a few years ago. My parents died a year or two later; or rather, were killed." Orange said, and growled. "You might want to check over information before you decide to go saying things that might not be true; but, hey, if even your employer, this 'Ford' guy, doesn't have that information, all the better." Orange said, and paused for a moment. "That shed a little light on the situation? Maybe I should have phrased things better. I will do everything in my power to make sure Sonja and Ellen are not harmed; and then go beyond that, just to save them. If doing so means defeating you, then I will do that." Orange said, determination in his eyes, even as he recalled his two fainted Pokemon.

"Blade, Swords Dance, Magical Leaf, Slash." Orange said, as the Gallade surrounded himself with swords, and then dissolved some of them into leaves, which he sent toward the Jynx and the Bronzong, and then gripped the last sword, and dashed toward the Jynx. "Byakuya, Swords Dance, then Faint Attack." Orange commanded, focused now.

"Entei, ExtremeSpeed, Crush Claw." Orange turned his attention to the Entei, even as Byakuya and Entei targeted the Bronzong. "Zangetsu, Slash on the constraints, but be careful." Orange said, as the Zangetsu dashed toward Sonja and Ellen, in an attempt to free them once more.

"... Rukia... Ice Beam, now, that flute!" Orange yelled out, meaning for the Pokemon to actually attack a non-Pokemon target, hoping the others could follow up with their own attacks.

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: ZacZac went down to the buffet and started to grab some food. There was so much fancy stuff. Was this a cruise ship or a royal yacht?! Zac decided to wait a bit and decided to get to his room, and wait till he got to Unova. He looked and saw Zpup who was a bit dizzy from the ship moving and rocking as it cruised across the seas.

IC: Evan TierraEvan's Turtwig and Swinub were knocked out by the psychic blast, but Vlad, Lazengann, Gnip, Monstro, and Landorus while having taken a great deal of damage, looked eager to fight."You are correct.", Evan said in a calm voice, "I may need more than just my Pokemon for what I am trying to do."Evan then turned to Orange and said in a tone that echoed with both power and anger, "You ran in here, guns blazing, not thinking of what could have happened. What made you think that way!? This woman took me down easily, even with Landorus on my side! You honestly thought you would stand a chance? Your arrogance could have gotten those two killed! Then this would have been worth NOTHING. SHE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN AWAY, AND WE WOULD BE DEAD!"Evan turned to Vlad and said, "Vlad, Swords Dance."With that, the Gliscor listened to the piccolo, and stated to dance to the tune, a look of utter bliss on his face, as if this is what he was meant to do....

IC: ZacZac entered his room and plopped onto the bed. today was weird and scary and stressful. He wished that Chaz and Gavin tagged along, but Gavin was more concerned about his hometown than leaving Kanto and Chaz looked like he didn't know this place and seemed to want to sick with Gavin. No matter, he was ready to head home, nothing more he could do. He could get back to training and maybe challenge the champion again, he already had eight gym badges, it makes sense to do it again. When he reaches Castelia he would find some people to train with, of not, head home first and say hi to his mom.

IC - Hayes - Coeur Tower: Hayes continued to play her piccolo, continued to direct her Pokémon. She didn't bother with Protect this time; instead, Bronzong merely moved in front of Jynx. The Magical Leaves bounced off of its iron hull, and its arms moved to block the attacks from Blade and Byakuya. At the same time, it used another Psychic, disrupting Entei's aim just enough to move out of the way of the attack, before pushing all three backward.Jynx, meanwhile, moved between the Zangoose and Sonja and Ellen, slapping her hand to the floor as it neared. A layer of slick ice covered the floor, throwing the Normal-Type off balance. As soon as he was, Jynx approached, pushing him back.You still do not understand my point, Hayes mentally answered for all to hear, even as the Ice Beam shot toward her. She stepped to the side, not disrupting her pace in the slightest. Her tone was aggravated, as if she were clenching her teeth. You fight me out of desperation--and past bonds--not out of intent to see peace. You are not even a percent of your factions' forces--factions that are not individual regions; do not twist my words. I do not deny that some cooperation exists between individuals within the teams, but that is not an end to the war. If you really want to help, then you will survive this encounter, and you will spread my message to your leaders: this war must end on all accounts, one way or another--and until it does, civilians and innocents--like yourself--will continue to be harmed in some way, by someone. Your story, much like mine, and much like the people of Castelia, only presses my point further.And, for the record, one mistaken name--the result of a mental scan on an arrogant boy who has been operating under a false identity for the past several years--is not an indication of even the merest amount of information possessed by Ford, nor is it the slightest sample of his abilities as an information broker. This is nothing but a personal misidentification--which, given your reaction, shows yet again how overconfident you are. Do not underestimate us.OOC: Can we keep the attacks simple? It makes it way more difficult to respond when I have to deal with more than one attack per Pokémon. X3Also, since this is technically a boss battle... three EXP. Though I'd prefer... few evolutions.IC - Kyle Eston - Coeur Tower: What could that have been...? Kyle wondered. He had only a few more floors to pass before he got to the top--and given what he had just felt, he needed to hurry. Hang on, guys; I'm almost there...

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Three EXP? That's just perfect!

"Believe me, I'd want nothing more than to see this war end," Ryan said, recalling Misdreavus. "I was dragged into it after Team Rocket invaded my home in Hoenn. At first, I was in it for revenge against Team Rocket, but after getting captured by the Hojohsin League in my own region, seeing one of my best friends die and learning of a handful of Darkrai that are taking over Hoenn, I would love to end all this." The Liberty agent finally stood back up from the powerful psychic blast. "So forgive me if I find it a little hard to believe that blowing up a city -- evacuated or not -- is considered an act of peace."

Ryan shrugged. "You may be right, but right now I'm only worried about rescuing Sonja and Ellen. Aggron, Metal Claw on that the Jynx! Dewott, Swords Dance! Gabite, Dragon Claw -- cut Sonja's and Ellen's ropes! Quil and Entei, send another Flamethrower at the Bronzong! Togie... Aerial Ace! Grab the piccolo!"

Ryan's Pokemon leaped into action. Aggron and Gabite swiped at Jynx and the ropes, respectively. As Dewott grabbed its scalchops and danced with Vlad to the piccolo music, Quil and Entei sent twin streams of fire at Bronzong, melting the ice that Jynx had created on the floor.

Togie, however, had found a small stone under the rubble. It glowed like the light of a thousand suns. He picked the stone up and resumed his attack, charging at Hayes herself. The stone glowed brighter and brighter, quickly enveloping the Togetic in its white light. Ryan had to cover his eyes as Togie prepared to use not Aerial Ace, but Sky Attack...

OOC: Togekiss profile coming soon. By the way, this is the only evolution I'll be doing during this battle.

Edited by Konuju

IC: ZacZac Looked at his pamphlet and saw the event schedule. It was a Pokemon tournatment that would be happening soon, back in Unova. Maye that could help him train...OOC: Hey where is the closet group near Castelia city?

Orange looked over at Evan for a moment.

"I was trying to see what I could do; I did think of what could happen; but I also knew I couldn't defeat her alone. My reverse question would be why you weren't right behind me; but this in-fighting is just part of her plan." Orange said, as he glared back to Sophia.

"Do you really call me arrogant? Sure, you have the same powers as Zach, just on a larger scale; but for this entire battle, you've done nothing but insult me, and overall act 'oh, I'm the greatest one here, you'll never defeat me!'; and that, I'd say, is more 'arrogant' and 'overconfident' than me. Who's the one who keeps saying 'don't underestimate us or Ford', or other similar things. Sure, I might have been wrong about how you found out about my code name; but I always keep the thoughts of my true self near the top of my mind." Orange stated, and growled.

"And you know what? Maybe you're right. Maybe at this moment, I'm not fighting for the good of all, but for the good of two. But you yourself made that happen. You brought this on yourself, by kidnapping two of my friends." Orange said, and frowned, never taking his eyes off Sophia.

"Yes, I haven't forgotten about the bombs... I'm fighting because of that too. However; I fight because what you're doing is not right in any form of the word. I defected from the Rockets to the Separatists because the Rockets were ignoring the important events in favour of doing everything they could to destroy the Liberties. I fight for my friends; and for everyone else that I can. And you... You are stepping all over that, and that is why I fight!" Orange said, as he shook his head.

"My story is not like yours. Maybe like Sonja's, but your story is more like Ryan Hikari's; the one you know as Black. You lose your parents and assume that includes your sibling for a little while, and then you go crazy with guilt, and wish for the cause, or people who didn't do anything, to pay. Am I a little close here?" Orange asked, as he clenched his fist.

"Maybe you have your reasons to attack the Kanto Regions, because their war has not ended for years, but I don't understand why you're targeting Unova otherwise, a country where people used to be able to escape from the destruction." Orange stated, seemingly calming down. "This Ryan is right." Orange said finally, motioning to the Ryan present in the group. "We don't want this war going on any more than you do... But the means do not justify the ends!" Orange said, more of a calm anger present. "And right now, our biggest goal, is rescuing our friends. If you doubt my reasons, then go on, use that mental scan; I'll show you all the reasons." Orange said, as began to cycle through different memories in his head, even as he looked over at his Pokemon.

"Byakuya, repeat the attack. Aim for the head." Orange stated, and looked at Blade. "Blade, use Close Combat, attempt to break it's defenses." Orange commanded, and then looked at Entei. "Use Flare Blitz on that Jynx." Orange stated, as that would hopefully get some help with the battle. "Zangetsu, attack the Jynx with Pursuit." Orange said, and looked over toward Rukia. "Rukia, aim to cover the floor around her in ice." Orange stated, and sighed, as he dashed toward Sonja and Ellen, preparing to help out Ryan's Gabite as well, himself, if that's what it came down to.

Edited by An/A Blade

IC - Seth/Castelia: Seth stood in the center of Castelia, his arms folded. He had made up his mind. He was going to wait and see what would happen. He sent a mind wave to Evan, utilizing their connection as the Heroes of TIme and Space. "Evan, can you hear me? 'Tis Seth. You must understand, you need to stop her. You can't hold back as much as you usually do. You may need to play dirty." Seth sighed. "I'm not going to help you this time. You're on your own. Good luck." Seth ran his hand along Volt's mane, as he leaned back against a wall."I never thought I'd have to tell him to do what he normally wouldn't do," Seth whispered to himself. "Still, times are beginning to get desperate, and desperate times call for desperate measures. Either way, this will end somehow."~Det

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

OOC: Zacax: There isn't one. The only group in Castelia at this point is the one fighting in Coeur Tower, and no one else even knows that they're there--the rest of the city has been evacuated and, considering the imminent destruction of the city, no one else is going to be allowed into Castelia, by boat, teleportation, or any other means; Team Plasma's not going to allow it.IC - Hayes/Sonja - Coeur Tower: Bronzong and Jynx switched again. The Steel-Type's heavy body easily stood against Aggron's attack, before it created a psychic field around itself, diverting the fire attacks toward Gabite from behind. Jynx, meanwhile, moved between the Dragon-Type and Sonja and Ellen, launching a pair of Ice Beams at it.As Orange's Pokémon charged forward, Jynx resorted to Protect, since there were three attacks heading for it. As they bounced off of the green shield, she threw a psychic push forward, knocking them back. On top of this, even though Rukia's attack had succeeded in created ice around her, the fire attacks from Hayes's opponents quickly melted it--much like what had happened to Jynx's ice.Bronzong moved forward with a Heavy Slam attack, meeting the Close Combat dead-on--a suicide move on any other Pokémon, though considering how much larger and heavier Bronzong was, even by Bronzong standards...Finally, Hayes watched the charging Togekiss, dodging underneath it again. It flew past her, slamming into a psychic barrier around the bomb. As soon she came to a halt, Hayes psychically reached for another Pokéball, releasing her Exploud onto the field to even out the competition."Orange," Sonja said, speaking for the first time since the battle had started. "Stop comparing my sister to Black." Hayes's song suddenly stopped as the Ford agent turned to look at her sister. "I've seen what both of them have done. Whatever similarities there are between them, you're over-exaggerating them. Sophia didn't take us to hurt us--she didn't do anything to hurt me or Ellen; all she did was... talk. Black tried to kill Zach at least twice. She's not insane or 'guilt-driven' like he is--she disappeared from my family long before all of this stuff with Team Plasma happened--if she wanted to hurt us, or if there was a chance that we would have gotten hurt, she wouldn't have brought us here. And..." She looked away."She has a point... or two. She's proven her abilities already--against Evan, against Kyle, and right here--on top of everything that Ford has done, which includes killing two of Team Liberty's leaders--stuff that has made Goldhawk and even the Shadow Admins wary of him. What else do you need to hear for that to sink in? You just do not underestimate these people--that's not propaganda, that's not arrogance, it's fact."Hayes lowered the piccolo from her lips, legitimately surprised by this, and looked back at the others. She did not say anything for several moments."I don't view this as an act of peace," she said at length. "If you listened at all to what I was saying, then you would realize that this is a lesson to Team Rocket and Team Liberty for their refusal--the organizations' leaders, not their field agents--to end the war. And it's a lesson to Team Plasma for their treatment of those who wish to make it end--as well as their own refusal to acknowledge it." Hayes straightened up. "As I said--I have no qualms with the people of Unova, or even the people of the Kanto regions. Only their leaders. And as every other option has failed, this is their final warning.""What... is all this yelling about...?"Hayes and Sonja both turned to look at the doorway--the former more surprised than the latter, as she hadn't detected anyone else coming up the building. The left sleeve of his jacket was pulled up just over his elbow, behind the cast that covered his left forearm; a bandage was still wrapped around his head. Panting from the horribly long climb, sweating and pale from the stress on his body, Kyle stepped over the debris that littered the floor, entering the room. His eyes were set on Hayes, though his gaze shifted momentarily to look at everyone else in the room."Sonja... did I hear that right...?" Kyle asked after a moment. "She's--oh, hello--" He waved awkwardly at Hayes with his broken arm. "--she's your sister?"

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OoC: Parugi: Alrifhty then, guess I'm stuck outside of Castelia for a while.IC: ZacZac looked through the window and saw that they were about to dock. Wait...that's not Castelia...that's Driftveil. Now why would they be docking in Driftveil and not Castelia? "Attention passengers," the captain said through the mic system, "Due to certain circumstances, we are docking in Driftveil and not Castelia, we are sorry for your inconvenience,"First thing decided to do when he got off the boat, find out why they couldnt dock in Castelia.

Orange paused, and looked at Sonja, and then held up his hand for his Pokemon to stop attacking, as he considered the situation for a second time, taking in Sonja's words, even as Kyle showed up.

"I... Didn't realize that. I'm sorry about that, Sonja." Orange said, taking a step back, as he sighed. "Okay, I apologize for those remarks, they were hasty, I admit that." Orange said, and frowned, as he looked back toward Sophia once more. "What Sonja says makes sense. However, I still don't agree with your actions... As you say; they are not for peace, they're to send a message. How can I agree with an action dealt specifically to send messages; while destroying an entire city, and killing anyone who doesn't believe the evacuation message?" Orange asked, and shook his head.

"I don't underestimate you, I'll admit. Most of this? Just courage misplaced." Orange admitted, as he sighed once more. "I admit; I acted with too much haste; though I honestly expected the others to be right behind me." Orange said, a frown on his face. "I know, to defeat you, we all need to work together. We might even need an army, for all I know. I'll admit right now, I don't know." Orange said, and thought back once more, to the message.

"You say we need to all agree to end the war. The problem is, there are people willing to end the War. Sleight wants to end the war, which is why he separated. The problem isn't always black and white, as I said earlier." Orange said, and frowned, as he looked at the ground. "But, hey, I'm just the 'arrogant' and 'overconfident' one, what do I know?" Orange asked, not even getting to the response about Team Plasma 'ignoring' the war, despite the fact that their citizens are, on the whole, more or less safer than in the Kanto regions before anyone had gone to Kanto. The problem was, Orange didn't know about the whole reason Sonja's parents were dead, just part of it... Zach was the one who had heard the discussion, after all.

OOC: Ouch. I think that might have been able to be handled a little better, though points were definitely drilled into Orange with that...

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: ZacZac got off the ship after speaking Witt the captain who said that something happened in Castelia and that no one was aloud.

IC: Evan TierraEvan regarded the message from Seth, and smiled slightly, happy to know he could go all out now.Evan, pointing at Jynx, said "Gnip, Flamethrower. Landorus and Lazengann, join Vlad in dancing..."Gnip ran towards Hayes' Jynx, fire being ejected from her mouth with every breath. When she finally got close enough, she unleashed a huge cloud of flame upon the Jynx.Meanwhile, Landorus and Lanzengann walked over to Vlad and started copying his movements to the letter, increasing their attack........

Edited by Hades

OOC: Blade: Stressful circumstances = stressed response? X3Seriously, though, I apologize if my posts have been rather... mean. Although this is a great chance for character development and I can't just pass it up. =PIC - Hayes/Kyle/Sonja - Coeur Tower: "If you think that you can end this war by simply sending a letter to your leaders, then you're welcome to try," Hayes said. "Unfortunately, until they take action, there will be consequences."She put her piccolo to her lips again as Evan renewed his attack. Jynx didn't move out of the way of the attack; instead, she retaliated with her own, breathing out a Blizzard to counteract the effects of Gnip's Flamethrower.Kyle frowned, grabbing Jaeda's and Kitheus's Pokéballs off of his belt and sending them out. The Charmeleon and Magneton appeared on the field, waiting as Kyle analyzed the battle before moving to join in."So... what exactly has been happening up here?" he asked, moving closer to the others. "It... doesn't sound like things have been very pretty..."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Oh, no, no, I didn't mean you. I just meant Sonja's response. Though the stressful circumstances in-game would definitely fit there. =P It's just that Orange was probably affected by that; it might have been the only thing to get through to him. =P

"Oh, just a typical intriguing situation." Orange said, having lost track of every single event; it was fairly hard to summarize this, and instead turned to Sophia once more.

"Did I not say that-" Orange said, and then paused, thought over what he said, and slapped his face, as he muttered. "Never mind that last comment, I meant Bounty. My bad." Orange said as he sighed, annoyed at showing his failure again.

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: EvanAs soon as the Jynx attacked, Vlad let out a screech to Landorus and Lazengann. Both nodded to each other. Landorus then grabbed Lazengann and threw him as the Excadrill folded up into a drill...."Gnip, dodge the Drill Run!" Evan said to his GarchompGnip moved to the side as Lazengann hit the Jynx dead on. The Excadrill unfolded and jumped away from the Jynx......OOC: By the way, Premonition from Final Fantasy 8 seems to fit this battle well....

Edited by Hades

IC - Kyle/Sonja/Hayes - Coeur Tower: There was a collective gasp as the Excadrill managed to land a hit on Jynx, as well as a momentary lapse in Hayes's song as her eyes widened. When Lazengann jumped back, they saw that Jynx had been knocked back by the attack. A burn spread across her side, and her face was strained with pain.How...? Hayes thought, narrowing her eyes. No... She shifted her tune, giving little time for Jynx to recover. The Humanshape Pokémon shifted position to better block access to Sonja and Ellen, creating a psychic Light Screen around them as she momentarily rested.Using the pipes on its head to amplify its shouts, Exploud let loose a Hyper Voice toward their opponents, at the same time charging toward Gnip with Ice Fang.Using its own psychic abilities, Bronzong aimed at multiple targets with Psyshock, before shooting toward Landorus with Heavy Slam."Kitheus, try to use Lock-On on Exploud," Kyle told his Magneton, nodding at Orange's semi-summary of what had occurred. "Jaeda, Bursting Flame on Jynx."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

As Ryan covered his ears from the Hyper Voice, Gabite managed to dodge the twin Ice Beam attacks, but in doing so he put himself in the line of the two redirected fire attacks. Although the Dragon/Ground-Type resisted the Famethrowers, the power of Entei was enough to do a fair amount of damage.

"Peace, lesson, whatever," Ryan said. "Either way, we'll do whatever it takes to stop you. Dewott, Shell Blade on Exploud. Aggron, Iron Tail on Jynx. Gabite, also attack Jynx with Iron Head. Quil, use Rollout on Bronzong. Togie... let's see what you can do!"

Dewott spun around with its scalchops, ready to strike Exploud. Aggron and Gabite charged at Jynx while Quil curled up and rolled toward Bronzong. The newly evolved Togekiss looked around the battlefield before sending a powerful Aura Sphere at the Exploud.

Entei leaped toward Jynx with a Fire Fang, although this time it was prepared to redirect its attack should Jynx and Bronzong switch places again.

OOC: Togekiss profile:

Species: Togekiss (male)
Nickname: Togie
Trainer: Ryan Sanders
Appearance: Same as a normal Togekiss.
Personality: As a Togekiss, Togie is practically overflowing with joy and bubbling with energy. He also loves the newfound strength he gained with his evolution.
Ability: Serene Grace
Specialty: Good at special attacks
Known Moves: Aerial Ace, Steel Wing, Metronome Sky Attack, Sweet Kiss ExtremeSpeed, Yawn Aura Sphere, Extrasensory (Egg Move)
Number of Battles: 16 (Machoke, Mismagius, Banette, Entei (x2), Pidgeot, Diglett, Leafeon (x2), Genesect, Misdreavus, Hojohsin League (x2), Hayes (x3))

Metronome replaced with Sky Attack, Sweet Kiss replaced with ExtremeSpeed, and Yawn replaced with Aura Sphere.

Edited by Konuju

IC - Kyle/Sonja/Hayes - Coeur Tower: Exploud roared as Dewott aimed Shell Blade at him. The Normal-Type continued its charge even as it took the hit, still running toward Gnip as ice energy gathered around its fangs. Not even the type-advantaged Aura Sphere slowed it down, merely bouncing off of its tough skin.Jynx focused her Psychic attack on Aggron and Gabite, mentally influencing their aim and causing them to miss her. Having to deal with that as well as her burn, however, she could barely react to Entei's attack, even with Hayes's melodious influence. She was caught by his attack, grimacing in pain as the burn on her side intesified, though managed to rally herself enough to launch a point-blank Water Pulse-Ice Beam combination at the Legendary Beast. A moment later, she moved out of the way of Jaeda's Bursting Flame attack, which disspated into the air as it struck her Light Screen.Bronzong shifted so that it was on its side, exposing its hollow body to the advancing Quil. It managed to catch the Quilava in its iron body, before aiming itself like a cannon toward Blade and Rukia, using Psychic to launch Quil back out."Word of advice on that Exploud," Kyle said to Ryan. "Aim for the eyes. That's the only weakpoint I managed to find before I lost to her." He nodded at Kitheus, who had locked on to Exploud by now. Narrowing its eyes, the Magneton launched a Tri-Attack at the Normal-Type.OOC: Togekiss cleared.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Good gravy, so many monsters in this fight. o_oIt seems a little early to be choosing sides, but I feel like this fits his character the best...= IC / Regis / Coeur Tower, Castelia =Like the others, Regis had been knocked back by the psychic burst when he was several floors down. Like the others, he had heard Hayes' voice echoing in his mind.Unlike the others, he was confused and astounded by the casual way these people talked about a war he had heard absolutely nothing about.At first he dismissed it. It wasn't possible. Then reality started to creep in. As absurd as a massive cover up of a foreign war sounded, this was too big to be some kind of prank. He had to accept it for a dream or reality.He pounded up the last few flights, stopping at one of the doors that led into the battle chamber, listening. Other emotions started clawing at him. This great nation - completely ignoring a dangerous war in another country, one that had apparently been spilling into Unova over the years. It didn't make sense to him. He thought Unova was better than that - letting innocents die instead of stepping in with their stable leadership and willing army.He knew of the other regions, of course. He knew people from them often came to Unova to start new lives. But he didn't know they were being driven out. They were refugees, not immigrants.And finally, he knew he had been lied to by his family. The nature of the trade business they operated meant they had to have known about the war... but never a mention. The lengths this country went to to cover it up nearly melted his brain.Pride turned to shame.He thrust open the door with one hand, they other deftly tossing two Poke Balls in rapid succession."Erasmus, help that Jynx take on the..." Regis had a moment of hesitation, but steeled himself, "Entei. Use Muddy Water."The Swampert raised his arms, busting some water pipes in the wall behind him and swirling the water through the broken masonry before sending a jet straight toward the Entei, doing his best to aim it clear of the Jynx."Brandy, heal that Jynx's burn with Aromatherapy."The Chikorita complied rushing over to the Jynx's side and releasing a refreshing scent from its leaf.OOC: It seemed like all the other characters from Unova knew about the war despite the cover up. It was getting ridiculous.

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

OOC: Most either found out via people telling them during this arc, or because they'd been to the regions first hand. This adds an intriguing level of awesomeness to the fight. I guess you're Seifer, then? =P

Orange scowled, as the other guy entered the fight.

"What are you doing?" Orange asked; as this random guy was helping a terrorist. "Do you realize that she's behind the bombs?" Orange asked, but simply shook his head. "Rukia, Ice Beam on the Chikorita; don't let it heal the Jynx. Blade, Close Combat the Swampert." Orange called out, as the two Pokemon nodded, and targeted Regis' Pokemon even as they entered into the fight.

"Dimensional Entei, Flare Blitz the Jynx again, Byakuya, Faint Attack on the Bronzong once more, and Zangetsu, Close Combat the Exploud's eyes, per Kyle's suggestion." Orange called out, officially entering back into the fight.

Edited by An/A Blade

Bronzong shifted so that it was on its side, exposing its hollow body to the advancing Quil. It managed to catch the Quilava in its iron body, before aiming itself like a cannon toward Blade and Rukia, using Psychic to launch Quil back out.

Quil's a Typhlosion. ;)

"Regis?!" Ryan cried in disbelief. "I thought you were going to help us!"

Entei was taken by surprise by the Swampert's attack, which struck at the same time as Jynx's Water Pulse-Ice Beam. The force of the two blows was enough to knock the Legendary Beast into the far corner of the room where it lay, stunned.

Quil, meanwhile, managed to miss Blade and Rukia as the two Pokemon leaped out of the way to attack Regis' Pokemon. The Typhlosion bounced off the wall and rebounded toward the Chikorita, turning its Rollout attack into a Flame Wheel.

"Thanks for the advice," Ryan told Kyle. "Togie, use Aerial Ace on Exploud -- aim for its eyes! Dewott, aim for Jynx with Night Slash!"

The Togekiss swooped down on the Exploud, delaying long enough to not be hit by the Magneton's Tri-Attack. Dewott leaped into the air, its scalchops glowing with a dark energy, ready to strike the Jynx.

Edited by Konuju