Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: Rej swore under her breath."Yawn. I should have figured. Anya! Sbivat' s tolku luch!"Anya's eyes lit up a deep purple hue, and she riveted her gaze upon Dionysus, firing off a Confuse Ray right at his face.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Due to Richard's inability to speak Poke-Russian and Dionysus' slow speed, dodging the Confuse Ray was out of the question. The only thing they decided to do was use Curse to try and raise his defesnes. As the Confuse Ray hit, Dionysus became noticbly dizzier and could not focus.

Hmm... I could use Rest to wait it out, but that would waste Yawn's effect. I'll wait see what happens to that Froslass.

Edited by Claus Von Minun the 4th

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

IC: Rej allowed herself a small smirk, before flowing right into her next command."Now then, Anya! Liven'!" Rej yelled, causing Anya to fling one hand into the air to summon up a hailstorm in the arena, pummeling the ground with balls of ice as she dozed off under the effects of the yawn.Rej swore louder this time, cursing Dionysus, Richard, and both their lineages.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: "...You should stop cursing, it is a bad habit."

Let's see Dionysus' Thick Fat should protect him fair enough from the Hail though it will build up over time...

Taking a glance at Erebus' Pokeball he thought, and this Hail may provide the moisture I need later...

"Alright let's try Crunch!"

The Snorlax charged at the Frolass his teeth glowing purple and was about to strike when he bit his own lip with the attack.Richard sighed feeling sorry for the Snorlax who just hit himself with a Curse-empowered Crunch

"Somehow, I think I am going to like my Pokemon being Confused as much as you like yours Asleep. Try once more Dionysus."

Dionysus planted his feet firmly in the ground this time trying to come to its senses and charged once more.

IC: "Come on, Anya, Wake up. Wake up!" Rej glanced back and forth between her downed ghost and the giant ball of fat with clear nervousness."Come on, Girl! Wake up! Wake up! WAKE UP YOU BOLVANOM!"

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Ryan/Ellen
"He changes forme with a mirror?" Ryan said curiously. "Pokemon never cease to amaze me."

"Landorus is a Legendary Pokemon of the Unova Region," Ellen explained to Alex. "He's known as the 'Guardian of the Fields,' and as Evan said, that's his Therian Forme."

Turning to Sonja, Ryan frowned. "I certainly hope they didn't go off on their own. I was looking forward to travelling with them."

IC: Dack
"Yeah, we should definitely stop at Celestic Town for the night," Dack nodded. "Sleeping in a town will be a lot safer than sleeping out in the wilderness. Of course, I doubt there's anywhere in Sinnoh that's completely safe now."

IC: Purrloin
The Purrloin slipped out of Black City and into the surrounding White Forest, relieved to be out of that alley. Although he hated to admit it, he was glad that young girl had protected him from those roughnecks. Not that he needed the protection, of course. No, he could have easily escaped on his own, but she had made it so much easier.

The one thing he couldn't stand, though, was how the girl was being so nice to him. Why couldn't she just leave him alone? The strangest part was that her Herdier practically wanted to murder him, yet she had insisted on protecting him. It made no sense.

It wasn't long before the Purrloin made it out of the trees and onto Route 14, a route marked by a thick morning fog and tall cliffs. Eager to get away from the puzzling girl (not to mention, the 'bruja' in Castelia that had caused hundreds of Pokemon to flee from the metropolis), Purrloin started to scale one of the cliffs.

Edited by Konuju

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: The Snorlax came hulking towards the sleeping Froslass. He picked and was about to chomp on her.

Then confusion kicked in.

"You know in hindsight; it was a bad idea to get the Pokemon that I know for a fact has eaten something that wide and almost that tall whole before to try and bite it, while confused..."

Confusion sort of made Dionysus place the Frolass in his mouth and at the worst possible moment swallowed. Coincidentally it was the moment Confusion tettered out and thus the Froslass was caught in his throat, unable to phaze out because she was asleep. Dionysus on realizing what was going on immeadiately started performing the Heimlich maneuver on himself, more for his victim's sake than his own. As luck would have he succeeded launching the Frolass from his throat and back onto the field.

"Is she alright?"

Checking on that himself Dionysus rushed over as fast as he could (which admittedly was kind of slow since he was a Snorlax who had used Curse) to check on her.

And then she woke up.

"Oh shoot," Richard said.

IC: Rej pumped her fist in excitement for a brief second before roaring, "ANYA! SNEZHNAYA BURYA!"Anya's eyes snapped open and she flung one hand forward, forcing a torrent of snow right into Dionysus's face, hammering him with huge, wet snowflakes."Atta girl, Anya!"

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Richard stopped playing the violin as he saw Dionysus fall over from the Blizzard attack. It struck him dead on, knocking him off his feet and began to freeze.

"Not much choice here," Richard said, "Use Rest!" Dionysus used Rest to make himself fall asleep before he could freeze. As he began restoring HP, the snow began melting off him making the ground wet.

Good now Erebus should be able to fight...

IC: "Now, Anya! Oskolok I'da! OSKOLOK I'DA!"Anya summoned up a large, razor-edged hunk of ice, and slammed it towards The frozen head of Dionysus while Rej adopted a grin that would not look out of place on a serial killer or particularly crazy zookeeper.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Snorlax could only respond by Snoring. It could do absolutely no damage to the Froslass, but it slowed down the speed of the Ice Shard attack if only slightly, thus reducing a little of the damage he took. Still he took damage that he could not return.

"He seems so peaceful, lying there, not even knowing that he is under attack."

Richard returned to playing his violin but this time the music was not a lullaby but quite the opposite pretty rousing.

So it's hope the music and attacks wake him up before he is knocked out. Probably won't work but I may get one more shot in before the inevitable...

IC: "Okay, let's end this! Udivlyat, then Lavina and one more Snezhnaya Burya!"Anya positioned herself right in front of Dionysus, then let out a shrill screech in an attempt to Astonish the frozen, sleeping pokemon.

Edited by Xaeraz

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC Alex:Looking over the legendary lionesque looking Pokemon now Alex commented, "Why don't we send a quick message and just gather up at the Pokecenter so we can move along together. They couldn't have gotten far right?" He walked out of the alley back into the street. Noticing his foot sticking to the ground he lifted it up, "Ew I stepped in some gum." Going up to the curb he scrapped it off right away.IC Ben:"Good I can tell Honchkrow will need a break." After fighting the Gyardos and flying with Ben's weight the Pokemon will need a quick healing at the center. Plus a warm bed will be much nicer to sleep on then the cold, wet, forest floor.

Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0389 8396 7500

OT: Alex

IC - Pierce and Eric, Pacifidlog Town, Hoenn"Yikes," Pierce said, looking at the barely clothed Eric. "Isn't it illegal to go walking around with nothing on?"Eric rolled his eyes. "I'm wearing something. That's besides the point. Why're you here? Pacifidlog doesn't get many visitors." The sun was falling rapidly."Well, for now, I guess a place to stay would be nice. Where's the Pok-" Pierce was cut short."Just stay at my house, for free," Eric said, walking north. There was a lone hut, connected by a strip of logs.Once the two got inside, Eric put on some shorts and a jacket. However, a badge fell from the jacket, near Pierce's feet. Pierce picked it up and gasped, while Eric shut his eyes. "You're with Team Rocket!?" Pierce asked. This'll be perfect, then."Hey, shut up," Eric said. "What, are you a cop or something?"Pierce shook his head. "Naw, looking to join them Rockets myself." He grinned. "But not empty handed. Going to bring back Juan with me, and it looks like you can help with that."

OOC: Ach, more Russian!Okay so Astonish, Avalanche and finally Blizzard.

IC: Richard smiled as he continued playing the violin as he saw Dionysus stir from the astonish.

That astonish worked better to wake up Dionysus than I ever could.

As the ice fell off him and he struggled to stand up, the Froslass dumped an Avalanche of snow and dirt on him. Managing to finally reach his feet he was struck by the Blizzard, the most powerful attack yet.

"You've made one mistake, never stand in front of a Snorlax that is about to fall down."

As he felt himself begin to slip into unconsciousness his teeth grew purple as he fell down on top of the Froslass, face first.

IC: "**********!" Rejiva screamed, tossing out a pair of pokeballs, one full and one empty, hurredly."ANYA, GET BACK! LEON, YOU'RE IN CHARGE!" she cried, hoping frantically Anya was still okay as her Piplup appeared on the battlefield instead."Oh God, oh God, Anya. Anya, are you okay?" Rej murmured to the Froslass's pokeball as it rolled back to her, rubbing it with the uttermost gentleness.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

OOC: Hm... You should've said we were doing the tournament this way earlier, Blade. :PIC - Sonja Baron - Black City: "Contacting them would be best," Sonja said, beginning to follow after the others. "I'm sure they would've said something before leaving. Heck, if anything Blackskull and Gold were probably celebrating their return to civilization or something. You know, considering they were trapped in an alternate dimension for at least a few months."IC - Kyle Eston - Tournament: Kyle nodded back at Zach before stepping onto the field, his hands in his pockets as he momentarily looked around at the audience. Without a word, he made his way toward his and Arkara's designated field, taking his spot at one end of the rectangular arena.As he waited for Sardine to get ready, Kyle thought about which Pokémon he would lead off with. He quickly decided on Ruji. While the Gligar's attack capabilities were not the most impressive, he was Kyle's fastest Pokémon, and as such would give him a good opportunity to size up his challenger.This in mind, he grabbed Ruji's Pokéball, spinning it around in his hand, watching his opponent...OOC: Correct me if I'm wrong--but Kyle's match is supposed to be happening now, yeah? If not... corrections. XP

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Richard was going to play a short requiem to signify Dionysus fainting, but considering the state of his opponent he decided against that. He recalled Dionysus and threw Erebus' pokeball.

"Go Erebus!" he said as the Tentacool came out of its pokeball.

Erebus noticed that while he was not in water, the ground was wet and provided enough moisture to stay active.

"You let me go first last time, you should start."

IC: Lafoyae Belrose, Train Station, Saffron CityLafoyae checked her watch and realized that it was nearly time to board the train. She hurried toward the Ticket Booth, where she saw a few Rocket Agents hanging around it. She walked over to the booth,both to pay her tickets and gather information from them......

IC: Rej sighed, and placed Anya's pokeball back on her belt. The Froslass was hanging on, but she was in rough shape."That's very kind of you. Leon, get back here. Anastasia, you're up." Rej swapped out her Piplup for a Tynamo, and shrugged at Richard."A battle's a battle. Sorry in advance."

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: "..." he did not like the switch, "Oh very well, I suppose I allowed you it, but since you're only levitating pokemon is out here now..."

As if on cue Erebus scattered Toxic Spikes around.

"Let's just say if that Froslass isn't out yet, I'd suggest counting it out anyway."

IC: "Anya's a tough old girl. She'll pull this out in the end, I know it. Anastasia!" Rej cried, getting her Tynamo's attention. "Grom Volna!"Anastasia squeaked indignantly and unleashed a Thunder Wave, aimed right for Erebus, intending to cripple, not damage yet.

Edited by Xaeraz

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Richard started playing something more country and this point before saying "Supersonic."

Upon hearing Richard's instruction he immeadiately pushed off the slippery ground to try and dodge the Thunder Wave all the while sending pulses in an attempt to Confuse his opponent.

"You know I like all those Ice-Type moves you performed, I would have seriously been in trouble if you hadn't thrown water everywhere," he said noting a lot of the snow and ice had melted.

He saw however that the bolt had conducted through some of the created puddles and nearly struck Erebus.

"Of course puddles do conduct electricity," Richard muttered under his breath.

IC: Anastasia paused and looked around, completely bewildered by the pulses."Oh, God. You're confused, aren't you?" Rej shook her head slowly. "Okay, I'm going to regret this, but...Anastasia! Zakreplyat Snastyami!"Anastasia flopped herself towards Erebus in an attempt to tackle it, misjudged the distance, and hit the ground instead.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC - Pierce and Eric, Pacifidlog Town, HoennEric laughed. "What makes you think Juan is anywhere near here?"I know he is."Well well," Eric said, somewhat unimpressed. "aren't you the cocky one. Nevertheless, if you really think he's here, then go ahead and look. I haven't seen anything.." He stopped for a moment, then snapped his fingers. "But the Mirage Master might've.""I thought he died a while ago.""He did, his daughter took over." Eric pointed down town. "She's over there.. Actually, I'll just take you." If they do find Juan, I'm sharing the reward.

OOC: Anastasia's a lady, Minun. =PIC: Rej snarled, hoping Anastasia could survive the water attack and turn this around."Anastasia! Iskrit! You can do it!" Rej shouted. Her words cut through Anastasia's bewilderment long enough for the tiny eel to launch herself, surrounded with a crackling Spark attack, into Erebus.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

OOC: ...Yeah lol fail on my end.

IC: The Tentacool did not stop its stream of bubbles to try and dodge, instead it tried to use the fact that Anastasia was coming at him in a straight line to make sure that as many of the bubbles would hit as possible. While the Tynamo did connect with Erebus it was slightly slowed down from the stream of bubbles. The doesn't stop status though as Richard saw Erebus moving quite slower.

Oh dear Confused vs. Sleep; Paralyzed vs. Confused, what's next.

IC: "Perfect! Now, Bite it! Bite it, Anastasia!" Rej crowed, noticing Erebus moving slower as well.Anastasia, instead wound up biting herself in a moment of "holy cow isn't confusion the most inconvenient thing?"Rej sighed glumly and watched the farce unfold in front of her, hoping that Anastasia could just hold on long enough to get some experience from battling, something she desperately needed.OOC: My gut says Health regen v some other inconvenient status effect you whip out. =P

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

OOC: No no more status effects... not yet... unless you count Constrict.

IC: Parlaysis was pretty bad as well for Tentacool, but it didn't show as much due to his lesser need for movement then his opponent.

"Let's change things a little, Erebus use Constrict and Acid!"

Stopping the stream of bubbles Erebus grabbed for the Tynamo all the while piling up Acid in its mouth which it would unleash upon grabbing his opponet.

IC: Rej snarled, not willing to let her little eel be hammered by Constrict and Acid. Anastasia had to have begun focusing again by now."Zaryazhayushchiĭ Luch!" She screamed, hoping against hope Anastasia could pull off a successful Charge Beam against her opponent.Anastasia barely managed to avoid the tentacles of Erebus, even if Acid was sure to hit her. The tiny pokemon opened her mouth and shot out a beam of electricity, attempting to hit Erebus with it as strongly as she could.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

OOC: Hm... You should've said we were doing the tournament this way earlier, Blade. :PIC - Sonja Baron - Black City: "Contacting them would be best," Sonja said, beginning to follow after the others. "I'm sure they would've said something before leaving. Heck, if anything Blackskull and Gold were probably celebrating their return to civilization or something. You know, considering they were trapped in an alternate dimension for at least a few months."IC - Kyle Eston - Tournament: Kyle nodded back at Zach before stepping onto the field, his hands in his pockets as he momentarily looked around at the audience. Without a word, he made his way toward his and Arkara's designated field, taking his spot at one end of the rectangular arena.As he waited for Sardine to get ready, Kyle thought about which Pokémon he would lead off with. He quickly decided on Ruji. While the Gligar's attack capabilities were not the most impressive, he was Kyle's fastest Pokémon, and as such would give him a good opportunity to size up his challenger.This in mind, he grabbed Ruji's Pokéball, spinning it around in his hand, watching his opponent...OOC: Correct me if I'm wrong--but Kyle's match is supposed to be happening now, yeah? If not... corrections. XP
OOC: Haha, you're right. xD We might have to organize another one for a later date, too, since the reaction was so great. Maybe one just for PCs, so we don't have one of us handling almost all the battles. =P And yes, Kyle's match is happening now.Also, Xaeraz, Minun, awesome battles. I'm finding the confusion hax parts very funny, to be honest. =P-==IC: Jade==-"Follow up the attack with our new attack; Dark Pulse." Jade said with a yawn, as he smirked. The Deino charged up the attack, and then launched it at the Duskull in response quickly.-==IC: Noni==-Noni smiled, and nodded."Protect!" Noni called out; as the Simipour created a shield of energy around itself, in order to guard against the dig attack."Your turn." Noni said with a smirk.-==IC: Summer==-Summer watched, as the masked face of her opponent betrayed nothing."Night Daze." The masked man stated in his usual deep voice, as the Zoroark focused, and generated a ball of darkness, before launching it toward the Sandile it was facing, detonating the ball for the night daze attack before it hit, for maximum damage. The Sandile flew back, and was nearly knocked out, however, it slowly stood up."Bite, quickly!" Summer said, slightly panicking now; she did not want to be knocked out in the first round, but... This opponent's strength was amazing. The Zoroark simply took the attack like it was nothing; despite obviously having taken a lot of damage in the previous turns, it still stood."Return." The man said, calling back his Pokemon. However, it was simply a switch."X-Scissor." The man stated, even as the Pokeball opened; the Pokemon inside shot forward, and sliced out at the Sandile, fainting it instantly. Summer's eyes widened, and she took a slight stepp back in shock, as she recalled her Pokemon, and sent out her final one; her Gyarados. The Bisharp simply stood there, eying Summer and the Gyarados as if they were below his gaze."I'm growing bored. Guillotine." The man stated, and the Bisharp rolled it's eyes, but dashed forward. Before anyone could react, the Bisharp slashed forward, and sent the Gyarados flying back, heavily damaged, and knocked out of the fight. Summer stared, speechless, at the fact that the Pokemon, which had caused so much damage in Nimbasa the day before, was fainted already. She dropped to her knees, unable to process her loss, as the Masked person smirked behind the mask."You were outclassed by far; don't take this loss personally." The person said, even as Summer recalled her fainted Pokemon, not even sure how the Bisharp could move that fast.-==IC: Zach==-Zach frowned, as he watched what happened."She's out already? The fight itself ended that quickly?" Zach muttered, not sure what to make of that.That guy seems to be miles above everyone else... I guess I'll have to keep an eye on what happens.-==IC: Arkara==-Arkara, unlike the others, did not anticipate right. Therefore, he sent out an Eelektrik against the ground/flying Pokemon. However, he didn't even seem to realize it."Thunderbolt!" Arkara yelled out, as the Eelektrik unleashed the attack... only for it to do absolutely no damage to the opposing Pokemon."Huh. I thought I had thought that out right that time."

IC: Ryan
"Alright, so who's going to contact them?" Ryan asked as they turned a corner. The Pokemon Center was now within sight. "I would, but I don't have all their numbers, considering I only joined Team Liberty about six months ago."

IC Dack
"Well, in that case, let's continue," Dack nodded as they reached the northeast end of Veilstone.

Edited by Konuju

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

OOC: I'm guessing the guy who creamed summer will be moving on?IC: Zac B.Zac looked at Summer's battle...it was over?! So quickly? He knew Summer was not the best, but web. She battled Zac she managed to knock a few...but...how? Especially Gyarados. This guy was a tough adversary, and Zac was already looking forward to kick some butt.Now focusing his attention to the battle, he noticed the Simipour using protect, knowing that shield wouldn't last long. "X-Scissor!" Zac called out and Digger came out and used X-scissor, knowing it would have no effect, he had a bigger plan.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

OOC: Oh yes, he's the first one to advance to round 2. The one thing, is that he's in the opposite tournament. =P-==IC: Noni==-"Counter with Scald again." Noni instructed, as the shield took the one last X-Scissor, and was dropped, just to fire off a Scald attack at the Excadrill quickly; in an attempt to at least damage it some more.

IC: Zac "Use you claws to block it!" Zac commanded, he admitted, not his best choice. So Diger did, but the scald attack hit him a hit just before he blocked the rest. Digger wasn't used to hot water, and grunt a bit, the attack caused some damage."Now, Drill Run!" Zac commanded and Digger went into drill mode and chared at the Simipour spinning like a actually drill.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

-==IC: Jade==-Jade smirked."Crunch, again." Jade said, and the dragon dashed toward the Duskull once more...-==IC: Noni==-Noni was surprised, when the Simipour was knocked backward, and struggled to get up. It barely did, but was panting, and Noni shrugged."You win that round." Noni said, as she recall the Simipour, and sent out a Simisage.OOC: Oh yes I did. =PAlso, as a note to Minun and Xaeraz... whoever wins your fight will have to fight the guy who just defeated someone without even losing a Pokemon. =P-==IC: Lucia==-Lucia nodded absentmindedly, and looked over, as she saw someone approaching."Hello." Lucia said, putting her hand up quickly to say hi.

IC - Zac Flash, PWT, UnovaDuskull knew what to do before Zac said anything. While the Deino was rushing blindly, Duskull used Confuse Ray. There was a chance that it would steer the thing away, but Duskull wasn't too hopeful at this point.IC - Eric and Pierce, Pacifidlog Town, Unova"Hey!" Eric called into the house. "Beth!"A woman, mid-thirties, emerged, with a tired look on her face. Probably another sightseer, she thought. Her expression lightened when she saw Eric, however. "Hello," she said. "what is it you need, Eric?""My friend," he replied, motioning to Pierce, who waved. "is wondering if you've seen anything strange recently. Maybe to the south?"The woman nodded, as a Gorthorita appeared. "Astral has been noticing some psychic pulsation southward. It's faint, so I'd assume it's just a regular battle or something.""Either way, it's where we're going," Eric said. "Thanks."As the two were leaving, Pierce accidentally bumped into Astral. "Oh, sorry Madam."While they were far enough away, Eric turned and said, "Astral's a dude."