Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: Olivia Seaton

Upon Zach calling her pretty, Olivia's face turned a shade of scarlet and looked away. "........I remember you would say I was pretty back then." Olivia finally said. "You really did? All that time?" she asked, another memory resurfacing....

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

-==IC: Zach==-

Zach nodded, as he closed his eyes for a moment.

"Of course I did. I remember thinking that I was so lucky to have a best friend like you, since you were very pretty, no matter what..." Zach said, a smile on his face, as he reminisced as well, recalling that those days were pretty good. Definitely a good contrast to what had happened over the last few months and years.

Olivia listened to Zach's words, and while they were kind, the memory she was thinking of made her sigh. ".....If that's the case, why didnt you show up to the other dance? The one where we attended every other dance there was?'

OOC: Play this as soon as you start the reading the IC.

IC: “Wah, wah, wah, waaaaaaaah.” came from a trombone before the Diglett playing it broke out laughing a Diglett laugh.

Okay, Richard had to admit, that Diglett is learning quickly.

“Well I’m glad somebody enjoyed my performance,” he mumbled rising to his feet.

“Member of the band? He pretty much just wandered in here and started messing with all the instruments.

Richard made to protest, but then just shrugged. “I really can’t deny that. I did start messing with the instruments. That trombone, is the band’s” he said pointing towards Ponos. “This violin’s mine however.” he said, placing a somewhat obviously fake scowl on his face, “NO ONE MAY TOUCH IT BUT ME!” he exclaimed before correcting “Except you, you can touch my violin,” towards Colette.

“I suppose I should introduce myself,” Richard said while Hades wished to shout ‘before you made a declaration of love.’ “My name is Richard Apollo bard-wanderer and member of Team Liberty. Pleasure to make your acquaintances.”

“And those are Hades, Dionysus, Erebus, Ponos and Nyx” Richard hastily pointed between his five Pokemon.

“Now may I have the pleasure of your names?”

Edited by Claus Von Minun the 4th

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

"The... other dance?" Zach repeated, as he blinked, confused by Olivia's words. What other dance could she have meant? They had attended a number of dances after their first one, all of which Zach knew he had gone there with her to, so which could she have... Oh. Zach gulped, as he recalled one particular one, scheduled for the fall of his second year of high school. The year that he had to miss because of not having a family home, the year that his family had appeared to die, the year he joined Team Liberty and began to train with them to actually join. He had been looking forward to that dance so much, since it was one part of the new students initiation that October, a day of just general stuff, and then the dance on the Friday night. He had seen it go on the year before, but had just simply stayed on the sidelines, since Olivia had been busy that night; but that dance he had been wanting to take her to, since both were in the same school by then. He had even made a note of it!

"... Oh..." Zach said, as he sighed.

"I get it now." Zach said after a few seconds, as he laid his head back on the couch with a groan.

"Agh, I didn't mean to miss that dance..." Zach said, and sighed again.

"Remember what we talked about yesterday? The Pokegear thing?" Zach asked, as he looked over to Olivia with a frown.

"I was gonna call you or email you or something, to actually work on when that was; but I never recalled your number... I should have written it down. I should have expected to drop the thing or something. I never expected to forget my Pokegear at home right at the worst time to..." Zach said, and then frowned further.

"And to top it all off, I thought the dance was a week later than it actually was..." Zach put his head down after that, as his hair slightly covered his eyes, realizing now that he had messed up way worse than he had thought.

-==IC: Colette==-

Colette blinked, wondering if this guy was always this insane, but nodded, even if the whole violin comment was odd; though she realized he was serious, and that he really was possessive of the instrument.

"My name is Colette Llyan." Colette said, waving slightly, as she had no clue what else to do aside from that, since it was just and odd situation.

Edited by Colette Llyan

IC: Zoe

Zoe giggled at the Diglett's trombone wah. "You have some very talented Pokémon, Mister Bard-Wanderer. I just don't see why only Collie can touch your violin." She frowned in disappointment. Unlike her sister, Zoe didn't find Richard insane. Over-the-top for sure, but she found him entertaining.

"I'm Zoe Llyan," the girl said with a smile. "And I promise I won't break your violin if you let me hold it." She looked up at the bard with a pleading look in her eyes.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC (Claus and Richard):

"Ah! Sisters then, makes sense I suppose."

Richard smiled towards the younger Llyan as he began ruffling her hair playfully, "Sorry, but I hardly even let me best friend in the whole world touch the violin. Only in emergencies only."

Uh-oh, Hades thought as heard himself being referenced.

Too late the Sableye realized what was about to happen as the violin was laid gently on the ground before Richard tackle hugged the Dark Type. Not even the Ghost portion of the Sableye could find a way to escape.

"This would be him, by the way. His name is Hades, and he's, well not the strongest, but hardest to fight Pokémon on my team."

His last stamen gave Richard an idea, "Hmm, so. Anyone up for a Pokémon battle?"

Zoe laughed as the bard ruffled her hair. Had her attempt at copying Colette's "Lucario ears" hairstyle not already failed, the two tufts of hair surely would have fallen to Richard's hand. As it was, Zoe's hair refused to stay up like her sister's, and so she didn't mind the ruffle.

"A Pokémon battle?" Zoe said, intrigued. "Will you be providing cinematic battle music?"

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: "Who knows?" the bard said picking back up the violin, releasing Hades. "When I battle, I tend to play what I'm feeling at the moment. Sometimes to try and help influence the battle," he said playing a few notes.

He played a bit more, seemingly random music for a moment before saying, "The rules will be an outright free-for-all, all four of us sending out one Pokémon to represent them!"

"Um, okay?" Claus mentioned as he looked at his Pokeballs, "You know, I've been neglecting Baccio all night, I'll pick him for this one," he said holding up the Roggenrola's Pokeball.

"As for me... I don't know! How about you pick one, Ms. Llyan the younger?"

"A free-for-all, huh?" Colette mused, as she smiled, and nodded.

"Alright then." She said, as she sent out Kammy once more. She felt confident in how the Squirtle would do, as the Squirtle stood in front of her. Colette was intrigued, though; a four-way battle was something she hadn't actually heard of before, but it seemed pretty fun to her, so she was willing to give it a shot.

"Ready whenever you are, guys!" Colette called out, as she put her arms behind her head with a smile, stretching with a slight yawn for a moment.

"A Pokémon to represent you," Zoe said thoughtfully, looking at the bard. "Hm... How about that Eevee of yours? As for me, I think I'll go with my first Pokémon ever. Come on out, Esmeralda!" The younger sister tossed a Pokéball, sending out her Fennekin.

IC: "Nyx, eh?" he said taking a look towards the Eevee resting on Dionysus' belly.

"Hmm, what time is it?"

Claus pulled out his phone and checked the clock, "A bit before four. Or a bit after we all just finished our lunch."

"Wasn't our first meal here lunch?"

"It was sort of early, call it a brunch."

"Fair enough."

"Alright, its a bit early, but since Nyx and I need to bond anyway. I accept. HEY NYX!!!"

The shout worked on the Eevee, who woke up completely startled ran around in circles before falling off the Snorlax' stomache.

"Oops..." he said rushing over to the Eevee's aid. "Are you okay."

The Eevee grumbled in response.

"Ok, good because we have a battle."

The Eevee shivered and grumbled in response.

"Also, guys, no fighting in here. These instruments are at the moment my responsibility, and therefore would cost me money if any of 'em got caught in the crossfire. And I am completely broke. So let's go outside real quick, alright?" he said holding the door open so they could all exit the hall.

Edited by Claus Von Minun the 4th

"Oh, alright, that makes sense." Colette said with a nod, as she paused and looked around at all the instruments, understanding what Richard meant after that. Colette recalled Kammy, and then walked outside, waiting for Richard to direct them to where they actually WERE battling.

IC: As soon as the last person exited Richard rushed ahead with Nyx to find a suitable place for battle. He soon came to where an open field was.

"This seems like a good spot!" he called back to the other three.

"Did you really have to rush that far ahead?" Claus said as they approached.

"Nope!" he said cheerfully placing Nyx in front of him.

"Good idea," Zoe smiled. "We wouldn't want a melted tuba now, would we?" Esmeralda chuckled as she followed Zoe outside.

Colette watched in amusement as Richard rushed ahead.

Keen to get this fight started, isn't he? Colette thought, as she reached the field as well, and tossed out her Squirtle once more, who smiled and danced a bit on the spot, waiting for the fight to start. While Kammy did so, Colette looked around the field, intrigued by it.

Zoe glanced around the grassy field. "Just be careful not to light the field on fire," she warned Esmeralda as the Fennekin readied for battle.

IC: Richard smiled a very bright smile. How he loved the moment before the battle began.

"Alright on three! One~... THREE! DO STUFF!" he yelled and began moving his bow across the strings of his violin, playing some upbeat music to hopefully cheer up Nyx.

"Wait, what! um... Autotomize Baccio!"

The Roggenrola began to streamline parts of its body to quicken its pace.

Nyx just Wished (that it was all over.)

Zoe jumped when Richard shouted "three," not expecting the battle to start so soon. She wasted no time in engaging in the battle, however. She already had her first move planned out, so as the battle began, Zoe almost immediately cried, "Esmeralda! Fire Spin!"

The Fennekin spat a nimbus of flames straight at Nyx, aiming to engulf the Eevee, as she was the only Pokémon on the field not to resist fire attacks.

The young aura wielder smiled, as she had hoped it would be soon enough, so she had her first move already planned out.

"Kammy, Bubble on the Roggenrola, now!" Colette called out, as the Squirtle launched itself forward, and spat out a bubble attack at the rock type as soon as it was within striking distance, hoping her plan would work.

"......So that's why, huh....." she finally said in response after a few moments of silence. Turning around from Zach, Olivia continued reminiscing. "...I saw what had happened to your home on TV, and I had a feeling that would stop you from showing up. But even then, I still looked forward to the dance." Olivia said, brushing hair away from her face. "I guess that was wishful thinking...."

"Almost wasn't, if I had've remembered things right..." Zach said, and sighed.

"I probably would've still been off the grid for a bit thanks to the shock of what happened and my training, but, I wanted to have one good thing for then..." Zach said, and then chuckled.

"That didn't work out, though, huh? I was told you'd transferred to another school after that, but didn't know where, so..." Zach sighed again, as he held his face in his right hand.

"I wish things had gone differently... Is there... Any way we can get back to the way things were, or that I could make up for it, or something...?" Zach asked, totally unsure of what to do at all now, just knowing that he wanted a different outcome than this.

"....You're asking for a second chance, huh?" Olivia mused, facing Zach afterwards. ".....Well, we'd have a lot of catching up to do, and you owe me at least one dance. But.... If you want to do that, yeah, a second chance sounds good." she decided, yawning for the last time as she soon dozed off. Sliding off from her current position, Olivia's head fell towards Zach's shoulder and rested on it.

Zach smiled at Olivia's words, yawning as well slightly, as Olivia laid her head on his shoulder.

"Of course." Zach said quietly in response, as he leaned back, a happy smile on his face that things seemed to have been patched up between the two of them. Zach looked over at Olivia, subtly amused as she had mentioned not likely going to sleep; however, she seemed rather peaceful; a nice contrast to how things had been going for him for the last year or more.

I think I like this... Zach thought, as he stared at the ceiling, beginning to reminisce about the old times again, realizing that he preferred those times much better.

No wonder I always hated this war... I only wanted peace like the old days. Zach thought with a contented sigh.

IC: The Seatons

Blinking, Olivia slowly lifted her head up, coming to the realization it was resting on Zach's shoulder. "Hey, sleepyhead." he teased, with Olivia reddening a bit in response. She quickly leaped off the couch, looking back and saying "Gotta get dressed, be right back." she said, making her way into her room. In a short while, she came out and walked back into the hallway.

Meanwhile, Dahlia tended to the flowers inside the garden while Aspen picked the berries. "Nice to get back into a routine sometimes, huh? Dahlia asked, with Aspen nodding in return.

"Well, after the last six months, I'd rather have a routine again." he said with a smile. "Things are nice having you around....." Aspen said, Rose coming in.
"You two haven't even eaten breakfast yet!" Rose said indignantly, giving the two a plate of food. "You're not doing yourselves any favors by working on an empty stomach."

"I'm fiiiine, Mom." Dahlia protested, though she took the plate and started eating anyways. Aspen on the other hand, accepted the food with no complaints whatsoever.

"Ah, you heard Mom. Plus, food is food." he laughed, still glad that it seemed things would be back to normal now.

Zach smiled at Olivia with a yawn, as he stretched, chuckling slightly.

"So much for no sleep, huh?" Zach asked with a teasing smile still, and thought for a moment.

"Everyone's out in the garden; I didn't want to wake you, or I'd've headed out there too." Zach explained, looking like he had gotten no sleep since the nightmare occurred.

"I think your mom mentioned something about breakfast too, which would be nice..." Zach said with a smile.

IC: Richard hoped that everyone would end up fighting each other and then he could surprise 'em with a sudden Bite out of nowhere. No such luck.

"Um.. run away! Quick Attack, move towards your right!"

Nyx didn't need to be told twice to run. Which way, on the other hand, Eevee did not know, and thus found herself changing directions, this had the unfortunate effect of letting some of the flame catch on to the Eevee. As the Eevee ran about, now crying loudly, the flames began catching, which might of added a little zing to the Quick Attack had not every Pokémon resisted fire, but it still might of annoyed the Squirtle that the Eevee was blindly running towards.

Hopefully that Wish will kick in... Richard thought as his violin's pace began to slow down.

Claus on the other hand, had a more offensive plan for a response.

"Build some distance and counter with Rock Blast!"

The Roggenrola ran backwards to make the bubbles spread out as they came closer to them, and launched to hunks of rock to hopefully break through and counter attack.

Colette noticed the Eevee and the rocks that broke through the Squirtle's bubbles.

"Kammy, jump back, then use aura sphere straight ahead!" Colette called out, as the Squirtle did as asked; the close range of the Eevee at the time of the attack meaning that Nyx was sadly right in the line of fire of both the imperfected Aura Sphere, and the rocks that were targeting the Squirtle initially.

Everyone seemed to be focusing their attention on Nyx, which left Esmeralda free to do a sneak attack. "Psybeam!" Zoe ordered.

The Fennekin shot the beam of psychic energy, but it was not aimed at the Eevee. Instead it was aimed at Claus' unsuspecting Roggenrola.

IC: Richard did not account for that in his original plan. But such was the nature of these free-for-alls.

"BATON PASS!" Richard yelled quickly interrupting his playing for this emergency moment.

The Eevee tossed the baton in the air retreating back into her Pokeball for a few moments as the attacks passed by where she stood before she was forced to go out and catch the baton.

"Phew..." Richard muttered before resuming his violin playing.

This unfortunately gave Claus the problem of having an Aura Sphere coming right at his Pokémon. He gave the order to try and Autotomize again to try and dodge it. It was a futile effort against the Aura Sphere, as the super effective attack hit, but bore unexpected fruit as it allowed the Roggenrola to dodge the Psybeam.

Colette raised an eyebrow, not expecting that, as she nodded.

"Nice move!" Colette called out, as she focused, calming her mind.

"Kammy, Dragon Pulse, straight ahead!" Colette commanded, as the Squirtle focused as well, and launched off another imperfected attack at the Eevee in front of her, expecting it to also miss and hit the Roggenrola. However, Collie smiled.

"How about showing Esmeralda some love, too?" Colette asked, as the Squirtle spun around and launched off Bubbles at the Fennekin.

"Light Screen!" Zoe cried. Esmeralda was barely able to get the protective barrier up before the bubbles hit. The Light Screen blocked the brunt of the attack, but the Fennekin was still pushed back by the water move.

IC: Both the Eevee and Roggenrola saw the Dragon Pulse (especially since the Roggenrola knew the Eevee would dodge) coming and high tailed it out of there, with the former using the speed given by Quick Attack, while the latter used the speed granted by Autotomize to get out of the way.

The Eevee rested for a moment as Wish kicked in, healing off a large part of the damage he had taken from Fire Spin.

Claus considered going for the offense but had a better idea in regards to Nyx.

"Baccio, use Stealth Rock!"

The Roggenrola began rapidly spreading rocks across the battlefield to punish those that came too close... or anyone who used Baton Pass to escape damage.

"...Now that's just mean..." Richard muttered as the violin music became slower and softer for a moment.

"Aura Sphere!" Colette called out as she saw the spiky rocks float in the air around the field. The Squirtle was less optimistic about how well the attack would work since it was from further away, however, launched an Aura Sphere at Nyx again quickly, before turning her attention back to Zoe's Fennekin, and launching another set of Bubbles at the Fire type. Colette then frowned, as she realized that the Fennekin was the biggest target here, and that she'd likely need some help from Claus' Roggenrola to help out there.

"Uh, sorry about that Zach, guess I got less sleep than I thought." Olivia chuckled, scratching the back of her head. "I didn't bother you too much?"
Just then, Rose walked over to the two. "Oh, I see you two are up now. Breakfast is in the dining room if you wanna grab it and head out with Dahlia and Aspen." she said, smiling before walking over to the front.

"Of course you didn't, I was glad you got a chance to sleep some more. Plus, I recalled some of the other stuff, so no worries." Zach said with a smile as Rose walked in.

"Alright, sounds good." Zach said, then looked toward Olivia.

"What do you think, sound like a good idea?"

Olivia raised an eyebrow at Zach remembering more things, but when Rose walked by and Zach asked her if she wanted to get food, she nodded. "Course I'd like to get some food. You wanna head out to the garden afterwards?" she asked while walking towards the dining room.

"Sure." Zach said, as they got to the dining room, and picked up the plates, glasses, and utensils, and then began to head toward outside.

"Say... What's your opinion, um, of the nickname 'Liv' now?" Zach asked, as they walked through the door to outside, and walked toward where Dahlia and Aspen were.

"Liv, huh?" Olivia mused, grinning as she recognized the nickname. "It's cute, and I like it." she said simply, as Dahlia noticed the both of them.
"Morning!" she called in between bites of food. "Obviously we're working in the garden. Just like old times!" Dahlia said happily, watching wild Combee flying above her head.

"It's nice to start working again, after the insanity of the last few months." Aspen said, looking around as their Pokemon helped out, such as Meadow and Laurel working together to pick out the best flowers, or Gerri and Torrent watering the plants. Others still like Willow simply hung out conversing with Combee, or Aria standing around observing the garden. "And of course getting it to spend time with my friends is cool too." he noted, looking back at his Pokemon currently working in the garden.

Edited by Phoenix Zero

Zach smiled at Olivia's response, and then just at the harmony of the scene.

"This really is nice..." Zach said, yawning slightly again, as he walked over to the bench with the food, and then began to sit down, wishing this peace was always like this.