Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: Ryan/Zoe

"A Zangoose?" Zoe grinned. "Go for it, Merida!" She threw the ball with all her might, causing the Meditite to burst out, ready for battle.

Ryan shook his head at Ray's powerful Pokémon and tossed his own Pokéball into the air. "Let's go, Ampere," he said as the Mareep materialized.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

-==IC:Ray/Colette==-

Colette raised an eyebrow, but then sent out her Mienfoo.

"Myriam, let's go." Colette said, as she frowned at the trainer across from her.

"I'm not gonna go easy on you, you know!" She called out, as Ray looked between the two Trainers on the other side of the field in confusion.

Are they novices or something...? Ray wondered, having a bad feeling about this match.

Edited by Colette Llyan

"Alright, Merida!" Zoe cried enthusiastically. "Give Sleepyhead's Zangoose a taste of your Confusion attack!" The Meditite's eyesglowed with psychic power as she unleashed a devastating blast... which missed the Zangoose by a wide angle and shredded the grass at its feet. "...Oops."

Seeing the Meditite go for Ray's Zangoose, Ryan decided to take on the Mienfoo. "Okay Ampere, let's start out with a Confuse Ray." The Mareep's tail light began to rapidly flash, the strobing effect aimed at Colette's Mienfoo.

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

-==IC: Ray==-

Ray and his Zangoose both blinked, as they looked at the missed attack.

"..." Ray said nothing, as he frowned slightly. He nodded to his Zangoose, who rushed toward Zoe's Meditite, but held back on the slash attack, to not instantly faint it.

Meanwhile, the Mienfoo simply went for a Calm Mind, as Myriam closed her eyes, succeeding in both avoiding having the strobe light affect her much, and clearing her mind for what she was about to do next.

"Quick, Force Palm!" Zoe yelled. Merida charged at the Zangoose, palm outstretched, but the slash attack hit her upside the head, knocking her flat on her back in a daze. "Merida, no!" Zoe screamed as the Meditite wearily picked herself up to her feet.

"Alright, let's try something a little more aggressive," Ryan suggested to Ampere. "Signal Beam!" the tail light glowed again, but this time a blast of light shot out of it, flying at the Mienfoo.

Ray frowned, as the Meditite really didn't seem to be powerful at all. The Zangoose noticed that too in surprise, and waited for the Meditite to pick herself up, before even trying to attack.

The signal beam looked like it would hit Myriam; however, at the last second, the Mienfoo Detected the blow, and twisted her body out of the way; and then fired off an Aura Sphere at the Mareep after that, figuring that to be the best action of choice at the moment.

"Merida, Calm Mind," Zoe said, hoping the Meditite could relax to tighten her focus.

The Aura Sphere found its mark, digging into Ampere's thick whool. "Discharge!" Ryan cried as the Mareep let loose a wave of electrical energy.

-==IC: Ray/Colette==-

The Zangoose sighed, and walked over, as he tapped Merida on the head.

Myriam blocked with her arms, however, that wasn't enough to prevent damage, and the Mienfoo was knocked back, as she launched off another Aura Sphere at Ampere; realizing that this would be a ranged battle from the looks of it.

Merida jumped up in surprise at the Zangoose's unexpected tap. A patch of grass behind the Zangoose exploded, the result of unfocused psychic energy. "Bullet Punch!" Zoe called out, hoping the close-range attack might actually be able to land a hit.

Ampere cringed as a second Aura Sphere found its mark. Upon seeing the Mienfoo back away, a strategy began to form in Ryan's mind. "Signal Beam from the grass," he said with a grin. The Mareep shrunk into the tall grass, shooting another Signal Beam at her opponent through the blades.

Ray's Zangoose was sent back in surprise, as the Bullet Punch was both unexpected, and a bit more powerful than the Zangoose had anticipated. However, Zangetsu regained his footing, and then walked toward Merida again, as the orange haired trainer noticed the older sister looking at him oddly, and looked away, unnerved by the look she was giving him, which... seemed one of confusion?

Colette looked back, wondering why Ray was going easy after sending out one of his most powerful pokemon, however, she frowned as she saw Ampere attack from the grass. Myriam tried to dodge again with Detect, but using the grass to disguise the attack ruined that plan, and Myriam was hit again. The Mienfoo quickly jumped up, and then located the opposing Mareep, and fired off two Aura Spheres, hoping one hit.

"Force Palm, now!" Zoe cried. With a sharp battle cry, Merida hastily charged forward, ready to smack the Zangoose with her palm.

Both Aura Spheres hit their target, the second one tearing up part of the grass Ampere had been hiding in. The Mareep doubled over from the successive hits, but managed to hold on. "Discharge," Ryan responded. Ampere's whool crackled again as electricity arced over to where the Mienfoo stood.

-==IC: Ray/Collie==-

The Zangoose was taken off guard again by the speed, however, Zangetsu quickly grabbed Merida, and attempted to throw the Meditite away quickly.

That was not good. Since Myriam was still falling, the discharge from the wool hit dead on, and sent the Mienfoo falling to the ground. Myriam slowly stood up, as she staggered a bit, however, focused, and aimed one last Aura Sphere toward Ampere, before falling to a knee, figuring that this one attack would show whether she won or lost that match.

Merida went sailing through the air from the Zangoose's throw. In trying to control her fall, the Meditite found herself on a collision course for Ampere. Arm outstretched, she readied another Force Palm...

The Aura Sphere brought Ampere to her knees. Her whool crackled with electricity as she prepared another Discharge, but before she could unleash the attack, Merida struck her with Force Palm, knocking her out. Merida wasn't free from damage, however, as she had landed right in the sparkling whool. The shock was enough to make the Meditite faint as well.

"What the?" Ryan said in surprise. Then he started to laugh. "I was so focused on one sister, I completely ignored the other. Well played."

"See, Collie?" Zoe smiled as she recalled Merida. "I told you I'd help you out!"

-==IC: Colette==-

Colette was caught off guard by the sudden attack, but smiled at her sister with a nod.

"Good work!" Colette said, taking her eyes off the battle, as the Zangoose sighed, and dashed over to Myriam, and was about to Close Combat it, when it took an Aura Sphere to the face and tumbled to the ground, dazed. However, Myriam walked over, and placed a foot on Zangetsu's head, as Ray simply blinked and tilted his head, having absolutely no clue what just happened. Zangetsu tried to slash, however, Myriam simply dodged out of the way, and Force Palmed the Zangoose away.

"Geez, what is with you two, you're stronger than you seem..." Ray mumbled, as the Mienfoo landed, however, it got hit by another Slash after that, and finally fell to the ground, fainted.

"Good work, Myriam." Colette said with a smile to the fainted Mienfoo, as she recalled it, and then nodded to Ryan with a slight smile.

"Your Pokemon is pretty strong." Colette said, though since Zoe had pretty much finished the fight, that could have gone a lot worse.

IC: Ryan

"Thanks," Ryan said, recalling his Mareep. "You've got a pretty strong Pokémon yourself." He glanced back at the Alamo behind him. "Shall we rejoin your violinist friend? And the chef-to-be?"

-==IC: Ray/Colette==-

"Probably a good idea, especially if they're gonna be going to that dance." Ray said, and Colette blinked, and tilted her head to the side.

"Dance?" Colette repeated with a slight frown.

"Oh yeah, there's a dance in the ballroom tonight. Speaking of which, I should probably start getting ready for that." He frowned, wondering how to best get Ray off his tail so he could ask Sonja to the dance.

"Ooh, that sounds fun!" Zoe chimed in. "What do you say, Collie? Can we go? Please?" She tugged on her sister's sleeve.

Colette was slightly caught off guard by Zoe's wish to go to the dance, but smiled slightly, as she chuckled.

"But, Zoe, you know I've never danced before... Never really had a chance to either..." Colette said, and then sighed.

"But hey, why not...?" Colette said, and then inwardly chuckled to herself.

Not like I have to wear a dress for this type of dance anyway, so hooray, off the hook! ... Wait, ballroom... Oh no. Colette awkwardly fidgeted for a moment, as while she didn't utterly hate dresses, she recalled people she'd see who just kept getting stared at.

I hope that isn't a requirement...

"Yay!" Zoe cried, hugging her sister. "You're the best big sister ever, Collie!"

Ryan couldn't help but smile at the sisters. "Well, I'd best be off. Need to see if I can dig up that old suit of mine."

"A suit?" Zoe asked. "So it's a formal dance?"

Ryan turned back and nodded. "Yep. You've got a few hours, but you might want to start getting ready now."

Colette paled subtly, as she inwardly sighed.

Oh, come on. Of COURSE it's a formal dance... Colette thought with a hint of a grimace, but forced herself to smile for Zoe's sake.

"But... I don't have a dress!" Colette said, awkwardly laughing, as that was obviously the way to get out of wearing a dress! ... Right?

IC: Zoe

"Not a problem!" Zoe grinned. "We can rent one in the city! We'd better hurry, though!"

"Great idea!" Zoe said. "Wouldn't want to leave them out!"

IC: (Richard and Claus)

"Leave us out of what?" Richard asked upon hearing the younger Llyan sister speak.

Both trainers arrived back at the same time, due to the two of them helping to put up the instruments... and fill up a hole.

IC: (James)

“Thank you sir,” James mumbled as Goldhawk left.

James was tired. Tired and his mind was filled with thoughts he most definitely wanted out of his head. He knew that soon his team would be fully healed by the medical staff. But he could stay until then. He just… He just could not face them. Not today at the least. He searched for a bit before finding a pen and a piece of scrap paper. He scribbled words on it before walking over to the receptionist.

“There is a Gardevoir who is currently being treated here, when she comes out into the lobby would you please hand her this note?”

The receptionist nodded, not questioning her technical superior, though it was more that his face just exuded extreme tiredness that she did not probe further.

The walk back to his office was a slow one, but soon he found himself in his own walls. And he knew one thing for sure. For a few hours, he wanted to get today’s events out of his head.

First he picked up the novel he had most recently started. He got about half a page in before he tossed the book away, unable to focus on it. Then he moved onto an old favorite, Le Morte d'Arthur. He could hardly get past the title. He finally brought out the big guns, that is, his laptop computer. If anything could distract his mind, surely the internet was it.

...Even that failed. His final fool-proof way of numbing his mind had failed.

He did the only thing he could do left. Throw himself on his bed and pray the nightmares weren’t that bad… if he ever got to sleep.

Edited by Valorous Angel Minun4

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

"Oh, there you are." Colette said, as she sighed, this idea ruined too.

"Apparently there's a dance tonight, so we figured we'd tell you to be nice." Colette said with a slight shrug, not to be mean, but more that she had no idea what else to say or do to mask her displeasure with the dress situation.

Edited by Colette Llyan

IC: The Seatons

Olivia nodded at Zach, watching him go off into another section of the store, before seeing Dahlia head off to the dress section of the boutique, sighing and following her. Walking over, Dahlia immediately scoured the racks for a suitable dress, showing them to Olivia. Though there were quite a few flat rejections, the best reaction Dahlia could get from her was shaky acceptance. "Something bothering you?" Dahlia asked.

"To be honest, I'm still not very used to wearing dresses in general...." Olivia shrugged, carrying several dresses and looking them over. "So this might not go entirely well?"
"Ah, don't worry Olivia." Dahlia said reassuringly. "It's my job in this family to have a fashion sense, so not only will you look great, Zach will also love it." she said, which prompted a blush and raise of the eyebrow from Olivia. "But... That's not all you're worried about, huh?"
"....Yeah," admitted Olivia. "I'm.... Still pretty bad at dancing...." she said sheepishly. "I-I don't wanna embarrass myself...."

"You only really danced with Zach, correct?" Dahlia muttered. "Who's to say he wont be just as rusty? If you fail, you probably won't be failing alone at least." Dahlia said reassuredly, though Olivia simply looked on blankly, unsure of how to respond.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

-==IC: Zach==-

Zach sighed, as he looked at the selection of suits, and then gave it the evil eye, and then sighed again.

Suits are too limiting. Zach decided, but nonetheless, he picked out what would probably be a fitting enough suit, and then quickly tried it on, and after making sure it fit, went and paid for it. Zach rubbed his eyes in irritation, as he decided then to take his contacts out, and switch back to his glasses for the night.

Why are my eyes burning because of them now, though? This has never happened before... Zach wondered, as he could've sworn they were a subtly greener shade than the day before, but chalked it up to the lighting, as he walked back over to where Olivia was.

"Found something!" Zach called over, not sure where Olivia exactly was.

IC: Somehow the words that Colette said translated to "There is a dance tonight and I want you to go" with the 'with me' part merely left to be implied.

Before he could embarrass himself with another declaration of love, the other Liberty agent spoke up, "Sounds cool, we'll be there. Do you have something to wear Richard? It's formal."

Richard looked at what he was wearing.

"No, not at all."

Claus figured as much, considering he had pretty much seen everything the bard took with him.

"Well... we'll see what we can do in a short notice. Do you have any money?"

"I'm flat broke."

Claus wasn't surprised.

"Well, I'll cover you then, and we'll talk later about repayment."

"Fair enough," the bard decided that it'd be worth a little debt if he ended up dancing with Colette.

"Alright, we gotta go then, we'll meet with you both at the dance then?" Claus said turning to the Llyans.

Edited by Valorous Angel Minun4

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

"Sounds like a plan," Zoe grinned. "Well, we'd better get you a dress, Collie! See you later, Mr. Bard and Chef-To-Be!" With a quick wave to their new friends, Zoe quickly dragged her sister off in the direction of the city.

The Aura wielder halfheartedly waved as her sister pulled her away.

"Wh-where will we even f-find a dress anyway...?" Colette asked with a nervous laugh, as she continued to be pulled toward the city.

"There's a nice little shop in Keturi City!" Zoe laughed as she pulled her sister along. "I'll see if Mom can help you find one... I'll need to run home to get my own dress."

She led her sister out the Alamo's southern entrance, stopping only to quickly heal their Pokémon that had been injured in the battles. After that, Zoe sprinted down the path to Keturi City, with Colette in tow.

"Say, Ray, you wouldn't happen to have a suit with you, would you?" Ryan asked as the two trainers walked through the Alamo. "Because if not, maybe you should've gone with those sisters to whatever shop they're headed to."

Ryan looked at Ray questioningly. If he was able to keep Ray occupied, he'd have a chance to ask Sonja to the dance. That was, of course, assuming she hadn't already heard about it. After all, the advertising posters were only plastered in practically every hallway -- it would be sort of hard to miss. Worst case scenario he could just seek out Sonja at the dance itself.

When Ray still hadn't answered, Ryan snapped his fingers in front of his face. "Hey! Ray! Maybe you should get some sleep in addition to a suit." The Liberty Agent shook his head. "Well either way, I need to get ready. I trust you can find your way from here?"

-==IC: Ray===-

Ray smirked at the question.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Ray asked, as he responded finally to the suit question.

"But in all seriousness, I do have one, but I dunno if I can find my way. At this rate, I'll get lost on my way to the place." Ray said with a shrug.

"A-ah." Colette said, warning bells going off in her head. The last dress their mom had wanted her to try on was vetoed by Lucina luckily, but was not a good fit for her in the slightest. And she seemed to hate Colette's hairstyle, so chances were good that Colette wouldn't be able to wear that...

Why don't people like it...? Colette wondered with a slight frown.

"Follow the signs," Ryan sighed, pointing to a large sign showing rooms 400-449 in one direction, 450-499 in another. "It shouldn't be that difficult... But call me if you have any troubles."

"Oh, it's the ballroom." Ryan replied. "Um... Ask around. Or just follow all the people wearing suits and dresses. Although if you think you're too tired... Anyway, I'd better get going. See you there. Maybe." With a friendly wave, Ryan headed in the direction of his dorm, hoping to stop by Sonja's along the way.

With one hand, Zoe dragged Colette along, with the other she called their mom on her Pokégear. She quickly explained the situation, then looked back at her sister with a smile.

"She says she'll meet us there," she grinned. "She's really excited to see you!"

Ray was about to object, when something popped into his mind.

"Sorry about the other day." Ray said, wondering if that was really the issue, or if there was something else. Either way, he noticed that Ryan was heading in an odd direction, and had a bad feeling for some reason.

"H-how nice!" Colette said with as much of a smile as she could muster. On one hand; she'd get to see her mom; which was always a nice thing. On the other hand, her mom would be picking out the dress, more than likely.

Great... Colette thought, as she recalled the last dress attempt again and somewhat grimaced temporarily.

I have no ideas how to make this good at all.

IC: Arius

For a moment, Arius stood outside the store, thinking about whether or not he should watch. He thought, and came to the realization he had not healed his team yet.

"I am so stupid..." He sighed, and headed into the Pokemon center, right behind Jake.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: The Seatons

As Zach called over, Aspen looked over and shrugged, walking in front of Zach. "Olivia's gone into the fitting rooms with Dahlia to try stuff out." he noted, briefly glancing at the suit Zach held in his hands. "She also told me to tell you that she doesn't want anyone else seeing what she'll pick out till the actual dance, so, might as well buy that suit and head out." he said with a shrug. "Course, knowing her, it'll likely be a red dress." he pondered with a chuckle.

IC: Ruth Fishers

After healing her Pokemon, Ruth immediately headed out to the area behind the Pokemon Center. "Get ready!" she warned, sending out Fuerte, the Hawlucha crossing his arms in anticipation of this upcoming opponent....

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

-==IC: Zach==-

Zach sighed, but shrugged.

"Alright then, sounds good." Zach said, as he slightly frowned, but nodded, holding the suit over his shoulder, since he had already bought it; and then went out of the store, and over to the dance hall to actually change into it.