Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: Ryan

"Ray!" Ryan said in surprise, not having expected him to just suddenly appear, especially after that girl had nearly toppled him over. He frowned at the exhausted Separatist. "Was Sonja able to find you a room?"

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

"You... you spent the whole night looking for your room?" Ryan asked in disbelief. In the back of his mind he wondered what Sonja would say to that.

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

-==IC: Ray==-

"I... uh, yes..." Ray said with a sigh.

"I don't know this place well, and, kinda took a wrong turn near the library, and, well, yeah." Ray said, yawning again.

"I managed to get a bit if sleep, but..." Ray rubbed the back of his head, not sure what else could be said.

"...well that makes two of us," Ryan admitted, scratching his head. "I was looking for Sonja, but must've taken a wrong turn somewhere."

"So Sonja made sure you were as far away from her as possible?" Ryan chuckled as they walked down the hall.

"Well, it wasn't really her decision, that just happened to be the nearest open room." Ray said with a chuckle, as he sighd.

"Maybe a tour would help or something." Ray said, though he wasn't certain.

"Maybe some sleep would help or something," Ryan rolled his eyes. Turning a corner, they came to the library. "Oh, now I know where we are," he said with a laugh.

"... Did I just walk in circles..." Ray wondered, as he shook his head.

"Sleep would be nice, though, yeah." Ray said, and thought for a moment.

"I wonder who'd be willing for a tour, anyway..."

"I'd suggest checking at the front desk," Ryan shrugged. "I'm sure they have scheduled tours for new recruits or something." As they walked, they came across a poster on the wall advertising a formal dance to be held in the ballroom. According to the date, the dance was that night and open to all members of Liberty, Magma, and the Separatists. That might be the perfect opportunity to talk to Sonja, he realized, raising an eyebrow.

Ryan saw Ray eyeing the poster as he mentioned Sonja and suddenly realized the implications of Ray taking a tour with Sonja and telling her about the dance.

"I'll do it," Ryan said suddenly. He had been leading the way to Sonja's room but abruptly turned around. "You've already seen the dorms, but did you know we have a cafeteria, a training center, and a huge auditorium?" As he spoke, Ryan led Ray out of the hall of dorms, hoping to keep him away from Sonja until after the dance.

Ray seemed surprised at the sudden change in suggestion, and the sudden turn, and nodded.

"I, uh, didn't know that. Well, I knew about the training centre, but..." Ray said, confused.

"We even have our own aquatic center," Ryan grinned.

For the next few hours Ryan led Ray across the Alamo, not really showing anything in any particular order. Eventually they came to the band hall, where Ryan was surprised to see a door leading outside was left slightly ajar.

"Now that's odd," Ryan frowned. As he moved to close the door, he heard the sounds of a battle going on outside. Curious, he poked his head out the door to see what was going on.

-==IC: Colette==-

Colette looked in surprise, as Kammy fell down to the ground, the Quick Attack actually being enough to finally faint the Squirtle, since she had already gotten to Torrent level.

"Oh!" Collie said in shock, as she scratched her head, and then crossed her arms, confused.

"Well... I've gotta say, I didn't see that coming." Colette said with a stunned tone, and then nodded.

"Looks like you won." Colette sighed, as she recalled the again-fainted Kammy.

As the two walked toward where the battle was, Ray tilted his head to the side.

"Who do you think they are?" Ray asked, as they seemed rather new; the whole lot of them.

IC: Zoe

"Great job, Richard!" Zoe cheered when the battle had ended. "I've never met someone who could do a Pokémon battle and play the violin at the same time. She smiled at the bard, then turned to her sister. "Better luck next time, Collie. Maybe if you hadn't taken Esmeralda down so fast, we might've taken care of Nyx and you might've won."

"Good question," Ryan said to Ray. He looked over the four trainers that stood before him.

The first one he noticed was the girl who had just recalled her Squirtle. She wore light blue and yellow clothes, and her beige hair was accented by the sunflower she wore in it as well as by her strikingly magenta eyes. But what caused him to do a double take was the tufts of hair sticking straight up like dog ears. They were just so... odd. He'd never seen anything like it before.

The second trainer, who had apparently just defeated the first, was a tall, thin man who held a violin in his hands. he seemed more engrossed in the music he was making than the battle he had just won.

The third, in stark contrast to the second, was short and stout. He looked equally as surprised about the outcome of the battle as the girl.

Finally, Ryan noticed a younger girl standing by a tree, congratulating the violinist. Again Ryan did a double take, for this was the same girl that had practically run him over that morning. She twisted her golden locket in her hands as her ponytail swayed in the light summer breeze. Her light blue shirt looked similar to the first girl's, and in fact her hair was the same beige. Ryan quickly realized that these girls must be sisters. The only real difference was that in contrast to the older girl's sharp magenta eyes, the younger girl had bright blue ones.

"Hello," Ryan said when they reached the four trainers. "We just caught the tail end of your battle, but it looks like it was pretty impressive."

Edited by Konuju

"Heh, true enough; I wasn't really thinking there." Colette said to her sister with a slight chuckle, before she looked over in surprise at the two newcomers.

"It... I guess it was a little impressive, yeah." Colette said, unsure of who these two were, as she thought for a second.

"So, uh, who are you?" Colette asked, finally putting her thoughts into words, as Ray looked on silently, still rubbing his eyes tiredly.

IC: The Seatons

"That's..... Oddly convenient." Olivia muttered with a shrug, walking over to the boutique anyways. Though she didn't show it, Olivia wasn't entirely pleased with the idea of wearing a dress....

"Hey, don't worry." Dahlia spoke up. "I'll find you a dress that'll make you look.... Showstopping." she decided, after pausing to come up with an adequate word, one that Olivia blushed at.

"That should be it, huh?" Aspen muttered while pointing out the extraordinarily obvious shop as though the others couldn't see it.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

-==IC: Zach==-

"Yep." Zach said, though the fact that they were in the 'downtown' sorta area explained pretty well why everything managed to work out right. As they walked in, Zach looked over at Olivia, wondering what her thoughts were, as he looked around for a second.

"I'm gonna go quickly pick something out myself and be right back..." Zach said, though he wasn't entirely pleased with the idea of being in a suit, since it was too uncomfortable and restricting.

IC: Ryan/Zoe

"I'm Ryan, and this is Ray," Ryan said, motioning first to himself, then to his sleepy companion. "I was just showing Ray around the Alamo, since he hasn't seen too much of it."

"I'm Zoe," the younger girl chimed in. "I was just giving Collie a tour of the Alamo as well, since she just got here today."

"Collie, huh?" Ryan raised an eyebrow with a glance at the ear-like protrusions of hair sticking out of the older girl's head. "Like the dog?"

"Collie," Ryan repeated. "It's a type of dog. Is that what you were named after? I mean, it's very fitting, given the way you've styled your hair."

"... My name is Colette... My nickname is Collie because my sister has been calling me that since she's been little..." Colette said, as she turned her head away.

"And what are you trying to say about my hair, exactly?" Colette mumbled, not quite amused by what she perceived almost as an insult to it.

"Oh. Sorry about that," Ryan smiled sheepishly. "I didn't mean any offense. And about your hair, I just meant that it's unique. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it."

"Really?" Colette asked, confused, as it seemed to be meant like that. But most people didn't mean anything regarding her hair in a good way, right?

"I can see how the mistake about the name could be made, though." Colette said with a shrug.

IC: (Richard and Claus) 

Finally ending his song, Richard shot up a thumbs up with the hand holding his bow towards the younger Llyan sister upon hearing her comment.

Richard very calmly set down the violin after the music completely died down.

Then he let his victory sink in.

"OHMYGAWSHOHMYGAWSH" he yelled running to the Eevee and scooping her up in his arms.

"We did it! We did it! We did it!" the bard cheered tossing the Eevee up and down.

The Eevee didn't know whether to express fear at suddenly being tossed in the air repeatedly before being hugged tightly by the Pokémon trainer, or just extremely happy that she actually managed to win a battle for once in her life. That's never happened. She allowed herself a wary smile as the bard set her down again.

"Congrats on our first win together," he told her the Eevee.

"Well congrats I guess," Claus said walking over to his fellow trainer who had technically beaten him twice now. "But we might want to focus on that," he said pointing to where Collette and Ryan and others where.

"Oh, I see. New people."

By the time they walked over there, the mood had cleared up, much to Richard's delight. He was never one for bad moods.

"I'm presuming you all went through introductions already, but for the sake of my fellow and I, can we have them again? I'm Richard Apollo, bard and trainer, and this would be Claus Diamond, trainer and chef-want-to-be."

"Hey!" Claus said, not really wanting to talk about that. Or ever saying that, explicitly. He just said he wanted to learn how to cook.

Richard just shrugged innocently.

Edited by Claus Von Minun the 4th

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

"I'm Ryan and this is Ray," Ryan repeated the introduction. He glanced at his exhaused companion, surprised he hadn't said anything yet.

"A chef?" Zoe giggled. "I thought chefs made the food rather than eating it."

IC: (Richard and Claus) 

Claus found his face going pretty red at the moment. Okay, yes he told Richard that he wanted to learn how to cook, and that he MIGHT of wanted to become a chef eventually. Might. There were still plenty of other things Claus wanted to do before he settled on that. He laughed at Zoe's remark but there was something in his face that suggested he didn't think it of it as that funny.

"It's a pleasure to meet the two of you," he said while internally swearing at Richard for telling everyone about that.

Richard just found the situation pretty hilarious, and struggled to keep

"And same here, pleasure to meet you both," he said barely keeping a straight face.

"Nice to meet you too," Ryan smiled. "So Zoe says this is Colette's first day here...what about the rest of you?"

IC: "It's also my first day, and I spent it battling and playing music. Day well spent." he said before pointing towards Claus. "Mr. Diamond here was the one who recruited me."

Calming down a bit after a breath, Claus responded, "I got here about a couple months ago, so I'm not quite as new here as the rest of us present."

Not that I've really improved much, Claus thought with some regret.

"Neat," Ryan said. "I've only been here about a year myself. Say, I know you just finished a battle, but would one of you be up for another?"

IC: "Ooh, ooh!" Richard suddenly sent up his bow hand. "Pick me! Pick me!" he said very eagerly.

"...Richard don't you need to get those instruments returned."

Silence fell on the bard before he suddenly dashed out of there, as he also remembered a hole he need to cover up.

"...Well I'd rather bow out, if anyone wants to take my spot."

"Alright then," Ryan said, grabbing a Pokéball. "We'll make it a one-on-one battle, since you're already down a Squirtle. I trust you have other Pokémon?"

"Hold on!" Zoe cried, stepping up next to her sister. "Let's make it a double battle. Collie and I could use the chance to work together for once!"

"Sounds like a plan," Ryan chuckled. "Ray, you up for it?"

"Nap? Sure." Ray said sleepily, and Colette put her hand on her face for a moment and shook her head.

"This is for your own good..." Colette mumbled, as she walked over to ray, and then slapped him awake. The Separatist then blinked, suddenly feeling awake from the pain, as he blinked in shock and then rubbed his cheek begrudgingly.

"That hurt, you know..." Ray mumbled, as he sighed.

"Awake now?" Ryan chuckled. "Come on, we've got a battle to do. I don't want you falling asleep and causing me to lose."

"En Garde, Mister Sleepyhead!" Zoe cried, grabbing a Pokéball and poising to throw it. "Get ready to face the dynamic duo of the Llyan Sisters!"

"Battle, huh? Sure." Ray said, blinking at the younger and shorter girl.

"Alright then." Ray said, as he sent out his Zangoose, not realizing that they really were new trainers in power level.