Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: The Seatons

Aspen saw the Unfeazant get sent out and immediately turned back to Flare. "You're up." he said, the Quilava walking in front of his trainer, staring directly at the opposing Pokemon with no fear whatsoever. "Alright..... Wild Charge!" Aspen commanded, Flare responding by having electricity course throughout his body, before charging at the Unfeazant.

"Oh, hopefully that explains his irrational fear." Aria muttered. "If I am correct about his level and prestige, a simple Conkeldurr shouldn't pose that much of a threat to him. But all it takes is one sordid encounter to tarnish the image of the Pokemon forever." Aria finished, pausing for a moment. "Then again, it could just be that he dislikes Conkeldurrs. But that would be very boring."

Olivia looked on confusedly as both Zach and Marshal continued to deliberate, then shrugged as the fight actually started. Once it ended, Olivia started clapping, though halfheartedly and with an unamused glance. "Took you long enough...." she muttered, before seeing the final challenger. She stopped saying anything, having not seen this battle coming, focusing on the inevitable battle that would occur.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

-==IC: Colette==-

"Uhh... th-thanks..." Colette said with a very subtle blush because of how close they were at that moment, utterly confused by how Ryan was acting, however, she wasn't unhappy about the fact that she wouldn't fall.

"That is a good point, though..." Colette admitted, as she hadn't made the connection that today was a first for pretty much everything. Except a few things, of course, but those weren't really important.

-==IC: Hugh==-

"Swagger." Hugh said, as the Unfezant did a little dance, and then attempted to quickly fly to the right. It might seem silly; but it had a reason, as Hugh attempted to confuse the Quilava in response.

-==IC: N==-

"I've heard of less." N said with a shrug.

IC: Ryan

Ryan was also aware of how close they were. He averted his eyes, blindly scanning the crowd as he focused on the music. Eventually, he broke the silence once more. "So you've been training for twelve years," Ryan shook his head in disbelief. "You said your parents were Liberty Agents, too? When did they join?"

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: Jake

"Thanks Jacob! I agree, that was pretty close." He grinned. "And going to the Pokecenter is a good idea anyway. I just remembered, I still have to register for the Pokemon League!" Jake walked inside the Pokemon center, heading for the counter to heal his Machop and register for the League.

"Um... Right at the beginning..." Colette said in response, and then paused.

"What about you and your parents?" Colette asked, trying to turn the questioning away from her for the moment.

"I... actually, I'm not sure," Ryan admitted. "I used to think my parents were average citizens. Not the most fond of the Rocket government, but very conservative about it. We lived a normal life in Fortree. Then one day Team Rocket came and abducted my parents, accusing them of offering aid to Team Liberty." Ryan closed his eyes and shuddered as he recalled that fateful day. "I barely managed to escape getting captured myself, and after that I set out on my own. My wanderings brought me to a group of Liberty Agents trying to recruit Ho-Oh. I joined them, and arrived at the Alamo just in time to defend it against the Rocket invasion last year." He smiled. "So while I've been an official agent longer than you, you've certainly had more training than me, it seems."

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Colette nodded, as she agreed with that. However, she wanted to keep the subject on him.

"Wait, so, how old are you, then...?" Colette asked in confusion, as that sounded as if the events had been recent, as she thought she'd heard something about an attack when her family had visited her the week before.

"Eighteen," Ryan answered. "I'll be nineteen in about a month. So at your age, I had no training whatsoever."

Colette seemed surprised at that, but nodded.

"Huh, I had thought you were older than that, to be honest..." Colette admitted, as he hadn't seemed like he was just nearly 3 years older than her.

"Though, you're a pretty good fighter even without training." Colette mused, as she recalled the earlier fight.

"Thanks," Ryan said with a smile. "You're not a bad fighter yourself. And I've got to admit, I thought you were closer to eighteen or nineteen yourself. Must be the dress making you look older."

Colette nodded in thanks to the fighter comment, and then looked down at her dress.

"Yeah... I can see that and my hair doing that... Would explain some things..." Colette said, though she more quietly mumbled the latter part.

"Yeah, your hair definitely does it, too," Ryan agreed. "You look way older than you did with those... er... dog ears."

Colette seemed suspicious of his opinion when he hesitated before mentioning about the hairstyle.

"I see." Colette said, as she was half tempted to just undo the braids and fix her hair so it were more normal right at that moment; but felt that would probably just seem too spiteful, and she'd likely get an earful when she got home, if she did that.

Ryan started at Colette's hesitation. "Not that it looks bad or anything," he quickly assured her. "You actually look very nice."

Colette seemed surprised at that, as she wasn't often complemented on her hairstyle, as most people seemed to dislike it.

"Wait, what, really?" Colette asked, letting her surprise show at that moment, even missing the other compliment because of that.

Ryan nodded. Then he realized the implications of his last statement. "D-don't take this the wrong way... it's not like I like you... at least not in that way... I mean you still look nice, but, er... I'm already interested in someone else." A small blush started to rise in his cheeks as he tried to backstep from his compliment without offending Colette.

Colette mentally rolled her eyes, as that was rather obvious to almost everyone, but didn't actually let that show.

"That's fine, I'm not interested in anyone anyway, so." Colette said with a shrug, as she had got what he'd meant.

IC (Claus):

Claus chuckled slightly, "Well people now think she's actually dancing with someone, and not just spinning around, being a part of our act of fools. Course now, I'm down a dance partner," he chuckled once more.

Ah well, Claus thought, he wasn't really disappointed, and was happy that Colette had someone to actually dance with now. On the other hand...

"I feel bad for Richard though, he wanted to..." he looked at the playing violinist, whose blank expression as he played his violin told him more than he wanted to know.

IC (Richard):

Richard was not jealous. Certainly not, what would he have to be jealous of. He had this great gig going at the moment. And not to brag, but he was owning this waltz. He certainly would not have traded it for the chance that one of his supposed friends stole away from him. To be able to dance with Colette. He definitely wasn't jealous that someone else had taken the dance with her.

Nope, not Richard was not jealous at all.

IC (Guinevere and Lancelot):

The waltz.

It would come as no surprise to anyone who knew Guinevere that she loved to dance, and that the waltz was one of her favorite dances. But that night, the dance felt somehow corrupted. And she had a pretty good idea as to why, but that only made it feel worse. On the brighter side, her unusual dance partner, proved to be a fairly competent dancer. Fairly competent. He made some mistakes earlier on, but did his best to correct them. It proved beneficial to them both, however, that even with her normal dance partner she was the one who lead (and much as they both hid it, that fact was to both of her dance partner's chagrin).

She chuckled a little at that last thought, before looking up towards Lancelot's face. The Scizor seemed to have a neutral expression on his face, and yet there was something about it that let the Gardevoir tell that he was in good spirits.

The Gardevoir smiled again, and knew that at least for now she could take solace in that favorite of dances.

The waltz.

Edited by Claus Von Minun the 4th

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

IC - Sonja Baron/Esen Windred - The Alamo, Liberty Ball:

Just breathe in . . . Just breathe in . . . Sonja placed a hand on her chest, taking in several slow, deep breaths. Gradually, her racing heart began to calm itself, its erratic, rapid beating slowing down to a steadied rhythm. For as much attention as she had been expecting from Ryan, she had not anticipated a request for the two of them to become a couple. The sheer thought baffled her. Ryan had not even shown any interest in her until . . . two or so days ago? Less than that? And he already wanted to become "more than friends?"

She closed her eyes, shaking her head. Nope. Nope, nope, nope . . . A frustrated sigh escaped her lips. I'm not doing this. Nope. Not now, not when it feels like things are about to start going crazy again . . . The stifling air had started to get to her again. Sonja adjusted the chain of her necklace, opening her eyes and looking around, searching for the exit. Gotta get going . . . I knew coming to this stupid dance was going to be a terrible id--!

"Oof!"

She gasped from the sudden interruption, her heart nearly skipping a beat. In the midst of her inner rambling, Sonja had run straight into a not-at-all familiar shoulder belonging to a now-familiar face. "Oh, gosh!" she said, scrambling to regain her balance. "Esen, I'm so sorry--I didn't see you there!"

"Oh, hey, Sonja," Esen said with a laugh, nonchalantly brushing off her shoulder. "It's fine--don't worry about it." She brushed her bangs aside. "Looks like I should be apologizing for interrupting your thoughts again. Hopefully that doesn't become the norm for us."

Sonja laughed. "No, don't worry about it--I appreciate it, really," she said, truly thankful for a switch in distractions. "How'd your dance with Kyle go?"

"I had fun," Esen said, shrugging. Her smile confirmed the sentiment. "And I think Kyle did, too, but I'm not sure where he actually is . . ." She looked around briefly, before waving a dismissive hand. At this point, having peered closer at Sonja and noting how worked up she seemed to be, Esen tilted her head. "You, uh . . . You okay, Sonja? You look a little . . ."

"Flabbergasted?" Sonja said. "Baffled?"

"Like something happened," Esen said, very slowly. She paused. ". . . Did something happen? 'cause, I mean, if you need me to rough someone up, I'd be willing to do that."

Sonja burst out laughing again, this time failing to stop her eyes from watering as she realized just how well and truly lost she felt in the discomfort of the situation she was in. "No, no, that's fine," she said after a moment. "I'm just . . . not feeling it tonight, you know?" She looked away, rubbing the back of her head. "Actually . . . I think I'm going to head home for now."

". . . Okay," Esen said. "Do you . . . want me to walk you back?"

Sonja shook her head. "No, that's fine." She paused, and then pulled a pen and a slip of paper from her purse. "Here's this, though--my Pokétch number. I know you said you're only here until tomorrow, but if you ever find yourself back on Four Island or if you want to just meet up, feel free to let me know."

"O-Oh." Esen hesitantly took the paper, acting much more surprised than Sonja had expected her to be. "I'll . . . keep that in mind." She chuckled, smiling at the Liberty Agent. "Well, thanks for letting me tag along with you."

"Don't mention it," Sonja said. "See you later, then."

Esen waved at her, watching as Sonja carefully picked her way through the crowd and toward the exit. Silent, she looked at the slip of paper in her hand, still processing the Liberty Agent's gesture. Does this make us . . . friends . . . ?

Some time later, after pouring herself a glass of lemonade, Esen skirted through the crowd, back where Ray still waited. She looked around for several moments, seeing no sign of Kyle, before deciding to take a spot across from the Rocket Agent.

"Are you just sitting here by yourself?" she asked, prompting him to glance up. "Mind if I sit with you?"

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

-==IC: Ray==-

Ray looked up in surprise, but nodded.

"Sure, you can sit there." Ray said, as he nodded again, but seemed slightly lost in thought again, though he paused for a moment, and seemed almost confused. If Esen was back, then did that mean the others were to? And yet, as Esen did, to double check, he saw no-one at first, and was confused, as he had no clue where Kyle or the others had headed off to.

"How was the dance?" Ray asked, as he tried to not just seem like the silent type, as had been happening the rest of the time they'd talked so far, other than a couple compliments of her and Sonja in general, and, well, just saying hi.

IC: Zoe

"Hmm," Zoe sighed as she turned her eyes on the bard. "I would've asked him instead, but he's sort of in the middle of his bardly duties right now," she said. "It's a shame, he would've really wanted to. What's-His-Name didn't seem that enthusiastic about dancing with Collie." With a shrug, Zoe looked back over at her sister with adoration, resting her head in her hands as an affectionate smile spread across her face.

After watching her Colette's graceful movements for a few moments (there were a few stumbles here and there, but Colette's doting little sister could see no flaw in her), Zoe tilted her head to smile at Claus, her 'dog ear' hair tufts flopping to the side as she did so. "Collie seems to be having fun," she said with a grin. "Our dancing earlier was also fun, but could you take me for a dance like the one Collie's doing?"

Ryan nodded, glad that Colette hadn't taken things the wrong way. Nevertheless he averted his eyes, staring into the distance over her shoulder. As they spun around, Ryan's eyes landed on Sonja. She was talking with the blonde girl she had been with earlier, and she seemed a little perturbed, no doubt thinking of him.

His heart started to flutter once more, as he longed to be with Sonja. As the Unovan girl's anxiety became more apparent, Ryan started to wonder if he hadn't taken things too quickly. His proposal to become more than friends had seemed to catch her entirely off guard. He desperately hoped he hadn't ruined his chances.

Part of him wanted to rush to her side and comfort her. Part of him advised keeping his distance for now. Throughout this internal struggle, his eyes were locked on Sonja as he slowly spun with Colette. The result was that his head slowly craned more and more to his left. He was barely aware of this fact, nor that his dancing had slowed down to nearly a complete halt.

If Ryan didn't notice, then Colette definitely did. Colette noticed the fact that Ryan's head was turned, and she gave him a moment or two to refocus his attention, and then followed his gaze, and inwardly sighed.

She's not impressed. Colette noticed, and then mentally shrugged.

This is for your own good... Colette mumbled in her head, as she skipped slightly, and 'accidentally' landed with her momentum on Ryan's foot.

Ryan was snapped out of his daze by a sharp pain in his foot. He looked down to see the edge of Colette's heel digging into his shoe. "Ow!" he winced, yanking his foot out from under hers. "Careful, there -- you nearly took my toe off!"

Colette hadn't exactly expected Ryan to react so suddenly, and nearly stumbled back, a shocked look on her face from the sudden loss of her balance, as she recovered from the near stumble.

"Oh, sorry, you just suddenly stopped and I hadn't expected you to, and yeah." Colette said, as she wasn't exactly lying; his foot WAS where she was going to step next, after all. It just so happened that she purposely skipped to get the momentum.

"It's okay," Ryan assured her, realizing his tone had been a little harsh. "I can't say I blame you; this is your first dance, after all." He shook his head to clear his thoughts. "I'm sorry, I should've been paying more attention," he admitted. He glanced back over to where Sonja has been, only to find that both she and her blonde friend had disappeared.

Colette nodded, as she agreed with that for certain.

"What distracted you, anyway?" Colette asked, as she subtly pointed out with that question that he was losing focus once again.

Ryan felt the color rise in his cheeks as he turned his attention back to Colette. "I-it was nothing," he stammered.

Colette looked unconvinced. "So does 'nothing' have a name?" she asked.

Ryan's blush only strengthened. Had it really been that obvious? "H-her name is Sonja Baron," he admitted. "She's a good friend, and I was dancing with her when your sister interrupted us."

"Makes sense then, owl boy." Colette said, a subtly smug look passing across her face for a moment as she was amused at her own joke, but then paused, as they continued to dance in brief silence.

"Who is she, then?" Colette asked, since she had no clue who this Sonja was, but obviously she didn't seem as interested in Ryan as he seemed to believe.

"O-owl boy...?" Ryan repeated, turning redder as he realized what had prompted Colette to come up with that name.

Colette began to turn her head to explain her reasoning. "...How did you even do that? I can't even turn my head that far," Colette mumbled as she turned her head back, still confused at how Ryan had managed to pull off something like that.

"R-right," Ryan blushed. "Well, remember what I said about already being interested in someone else? That someone else is Sonja."

Gee, you don't say. Colette thought, but didn't voice those thoughts.

"Ah..." She said instead, as that hadn't answered her question at all really.

"Is she from... here?" Colette asked, since she had recalled hearing that a bunch of groups had been invited to the dance.

"She's from Unova originally," Ryan explained. "But she's been with Team Liberty for a few years now." He paused, as he realized he didn't really know how long Sonja had even been with Team Liberty for. "She acted as a tour guide during a couple of missions we had in Unova last year."

Aspen gritted his teeth once the command for Swagger went through, responding immediately himself. "Flare, look away, quick!" The Quilava quickly glanced down to the ground, though missed the Unfezant as it moved to the right. "Flare, Wild Charge again!" Aspen shouted out. Looking up and seeing that his opponent was behind him, Flare turned himself around and ran forth once more, body still coursing with electricity.

"Eh, of course there are perfectly ordinary reasons for almost anything, from behavior to emotion." Aria conceded. "I just happen to find those significantly duller and not nearly as worth my time." 

"Watch out!" Aspen called out rather vaguely. Flare was already one step ahead of Aspen though, and dug his heels into the ground. While this didn't stop him from getting struck, Flare had turned himself around and poised for a counterattack with Wild Charge directly afterwards.

"Yeah, it was a whole group of us," Ryan explained. "Both Liberty agents and Rocket agents, as a matter of fact. Unova has a very peculiar stance on the war." The song ended as Ryan twirled Colette around once more. He paused, still holding her hand in his, wondering if she would want to keep dancing or if he would be free to seek out Sonja.

"Hey, man," a strong, muscular man forced his way between the two, splitting their hands apart. "You done with this girl? Cause I'd like a turn."

Ryan looked from the man to Colette and back again. "Sure," he shrugged. "Knock yourself out. I'm gonna see if I can find where Sonja went." With a friendly wave at Colette, Ryan turned around, heading for the spot where he had seen Sonja earlier.

Colette seemed smug, as she looked at the man, not having expected what Ryan had said.

"Yeah, you better back off, didn't you hear hi-" Colette paused mid-rant, as Ryan's words clicked into her mind.

"Wait, what?!" Colette said, as she looked over at Ryan in horror, as the man grabbed her arms tight.

"Wait, no, don't!" Colette called out in a slight panic, as she tried to free her hands, but that wasn't possible with how strong the man was. She likely could fight her way out... But she wasn't sure if that would be a good thing right then or not, since that would have to reveal her powers likely, and that would have about as many possible risks... So, the only other option, which she wasn't impressed with either, was to really hope that owl boy would help out.

-==IC: Hugh==-

Hugh thought for a moment, and nodded, as the Unfezant took the attack, but still was able to fight for sure.

"Roost, Aerial Ace." Hugh finally said, as the Unfezant landed, and then swiped out at the Quilava as it was resting; its flying type disadvantages vanishing for that brief moment.

Edited by Colette Llyan

IC (Claus):

"Well I can sure try," Claus said as he got rid of any remnant of plate and food left with him. While he wasn't the most graceful dancer ever, he knew a little of the waltz, enough not to look like a total fool anyway.

"I'm going to guess you are going to have to have me lead?" Claus assumed as he got up.

Maybe I should take a page out of Richard's book... somewhat... Claus joked in his head.

"My fair lady, may I have this dance?" the agent said with an extremely amused expression on his face.

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

OOC: Song 6 of the Official Dance Playlist

IC: Zoe
Zoe beamed at Claus, giggling at his sudden chivalry. "Why of course, my noble gentleman," she grinned, extending an arm for Claus to take.

Ryan glanced over his shoulder and locked eyes with Colette. The girl had a look of absolute terror. She seemed to be almost pleading with him for help. He looked up at the man, who had forcibly grabbed Colette's arms and was staring at her with a lustful grin that was enough to make Ryan's insides squirm.

He hesitated.

Part of him wanted to help the poor girl, but he knew this was his chance to try and find Sonja. He wished Colette's eyes hadn't tugged on his heartstrings so much. He looked away and closed his eyes. He had already made up his mind. And he hated himself for it.

"C'mon, darling," the man sneered as Colette struggled in vain to squirm out of his grasp. "You 'n me, we're gonna have the night of our lives!" The next song started, a flowing melody with a soothing chord progression, which did nothing to ease the sheer horror Colette felt as the man forced one of her arms down to her side and started to lead her away.

"I thought I told you to knock yourself out," Ryan glared as he aimed a punch at the man, hitting him in the cheek and causing him to loosen his grip on Colette as he stumbled back in surprise.

"What in the-? You'll pay for that you little squirt!" The man growled as he spat blood, then reared back his own fist.

"That was supposed to knock you unconscious," Ryan said meekly as he looked up at the man who was easily two times his size in muscle. The man swung with all his might, but Ryan ducked to the side, grabbing Colette and spinning her away. "I'll be taking Colette back, thanks," he grinned. Before the man could realize what had happened, Ryan and Colette had already vanished in the sea of dancers.

Colette had been frozen when her attempt to get help seemingly hadn't worked; but couldn't think of anything at first. Right when she had been about to stomp on the guy's foot, however, Ryan reappeared and punched the guy. Colette blinked, equally in surprise, as she looked to Ryan in confusion for a moment, and then dropped down into a combat pose to try and help Ryan... And then got spun away in the next second, as Ryan dodged and led her through the crowd. The close call, however, had her heart still racing, as she tried to take deep breaths to calm herself down.

"Th-thanks for that..." Colette said, though inwardly she wondered if he just saw her as weak for needing his assistance there, and if that was really the only reason he returned to help...