The Official Minecraft Topic

That sounds awesome, Artezza, but I'm just going to be going with pseudo-vanilla (AKA vanilla with a few Bukkit plugins), so no go on that. Sorry.Plus, since everyone would know the seed, they could cheat by opening it in SP Creative and finding diamonds and such in that, then going to those coords in MP and taking the diamonds or whatever.I'll let you guys know as soon as I get my laptop. I can't wait myself!

I saw a minecrafter named Zisteau make an Endervator. The idea is that an enderpearl is thrown up at a ceiling, and when you get teleported up you trigger a tripwire that closes the floor beneath you. Consecutive jumps would lead upward to his floating home. Its quite clever.
Ender pearls have the interesting property of occasionally lodging you in a wall. I discovered this on Nav's server a few months back. It was so funny. Someone who was watching started freaking out, lol. Edited by Piraka~Mistika

banner.jpg

*Shrugs* The grinder wouldn't need any non-vanilla materials to work, but, ok.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

I remember when that happened to somebody - probably Unit - while we were derping around with massive amounts of explosives on Nav's server. He got himself stuck inside a pillar of TNT at the first testing range.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEE!Stupid Tekkit SSP somehow killed me on Normal while I stood inside the safety of a 3x3 bedroom with a closed door, on Easy, while I was AFK. ALL my stuff, gone, AND Minecraft crashes, so I lose ALL of my world changes.Ragequit time.

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Was this Tekkit or Technic? Tekkit doesn't have Mo Creatures, which is pretty relevant to figuring out how you died.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Mo Creatures is an SP-only moderator, and Tekkit is designed for multiplayer.EDIT: Meanwhile, the first pyramidal structure in my vanity project has had one portion of it completed. What do you think of the little domed structure on top of it?

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Mo Creatures is an SP-only moderator, and Tekkit is designed for multiplayer.EDIT: Meanwhile, the first pyramidal structure in my vanity project has had one portion of it completed. What do you think of the little domed structure on top of it?
No, I mean what Mo' Creatures... creatures... could kill someone out of thin air like that?

banner.jpg

It's not so much killing someone out of thin air as it is ogres going aggro through a wall. If the wall was made of a sturdy material - marble, basalt, obsidian, anything tougher than cobblestone - then it's likely that an ogre could have made the kill without causing any telltale structural damage.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Tekkit. I must say, I'm really loving the absence of Mo' Creatures, the only things I miss are the horses and the rats. Everything else was just...annoying. :PAnyhow, I enabled NEI cheat mode and gave myself back everything I had lost, then fixed all the world changes that reverted, plus I played around with a few spawn eggs for fun.. As an added bonus, rain started working the way it was supposed to after setting NEI back to "recipe" mode, so...win!

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Okay so I have no idea what killed you. Also you're kind of lame for not relishing the idea of punching werewolves to death.Meanwhile, would anyone care to offer their opinion on the domed structure on top of the completed half of the step-pyramid? I'm not entirely certain on it, so I'd like some feedback before I build the second one.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

punching werewolves to death.
If werewolves come at the cost of having to deal with manta rays, mice (the ones that drop only seeds), and those obnoxious scorpions, I can live without the pleasure of fighting them. :-P Plus, if you recall, Technic crashes when you use Gravity Greaves on Mo' Creatures mobs, so there's that as well. :-POverall, it looks good, except for that tallest spike; it looks weird. If you added a flag to it (maybe a colored wool block cut into a long, narrow strip?), it would look okay, but as-is I don't like that part.

I don't usually mess with mantas, the mice don't bug me, and scorpions can be one-hit-killed. Plus, I don't use the Gravity Greaves.It's based on Hindi architecture. Also, on the advice of Basilisk, it looks a little bit more like this now.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Looks much better now. ;-)Are Rubber Trees supposed to be this hard to farm in Tekkit? I got 3 saplings out of 2 rubber trees when I cut them down to bring to a home farm; since then, I've only cut down infertile trees, and I only ever get 1 sapling from each tree. How can I get a good-sized rubber farm going if I can't get multiple saplings per tree?

I neither know nor care what it looks like on Default, because I don't like Default, and LB Photorealism is where the awesome is at. The white material (marble) would look exactly the same, and the other materials are smooth sandstone, lapis, and gold, with a glowstone block in the floor lighting the whole thing. So the lapis would look like I don't know, the smooth sandstone would look less smooth, probably, the gold would look like a crayon, and the glowstone would look like coral with fetal alcohol syndrome, which shouldn't even be possible for coral but apparently it is since default glowstone exists.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, they could fix it very simply by making ice microblocks not melt, or by making them not produce water when they melt. Or, they could give up since ice has an EMC value of 1, so I've got infinite ice anyway.Either way, not allowing ice-carving really screws up ice sculpting.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Eh, I'd rather have glowstone microblocks than ice mircoblocks any day. :PSay, how about redstone lamps? Can those be cut with a handsaw? (I doubt it, but hey, worth a shot.)

Negative on those.And I don't see why it would have to be either/or on glowstone or ice blocks. Ice is just more relevant to my current projects, because I didn't pay all that much attention to the biomes near where I was putting what started as a pretty simple ornamental well, so now the taiga across the river is a little bit problematic.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

So, does anyone have a good starter rubber farm design for Tekkit? I do have a little iron and redstone, so I can do a minimal amount of piston work if required. (I do NOT have slimeballs, though, so no sticky pistons).

Edited by Flipz

My rubber farm, back when I used one, was just a large number of trees gathered from saplings in a swamp.PM: Infinite ice=1 snow ball+compressor-->1 ice block-->Transmutation Tablet. Boom, all the ice.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I don't see why using a moderator makes it any less legit.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Well I play in the Technic Pack, because it's just generally better in every way.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Good grief. I've walked over 2000 blocks from spawn, and not ONE desert. I have found a HUMONGOUS tundra, though.

I've been having similar problems in my attempts to find a creative world that can support what I'm planning for said Creative World. Every seed I've tried so far has involved either snow, forest, or both. =/ If anyone knows of a seed for a desert biome starting point, I'm all ears. =P

Well, apparently 1.4 will let you choose the biome for superflat worlds. Endless deserts ahoy!...or infinite taigas. I'm not going to judge you.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Holy cow. 2,000 blocks of Tundra?! Well, at least I found my desert. After a bit of creeper-mining, I have enough sand and cactus for a small farm, which is what I need, since I need to craft waterproof pipes.

Found my first diamonds in this world! GOSH that was a pain...I think I'll make a diamond handsaw out of these ones, so I can manufacture more by compressing the obscene amount of regular coal I have.

The seed I'm using starts in a jungle, but there's a desert nearby with a temple right there. That's going to be the world on my server. I'm building the town now.
you're gonna host a server? will it be for bzp?
This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Found my first diamonds in this world! GOSH that was a pain...I think I'll make a diamond handsaw out of these ones, so I can manufacture more by compressing the obscene amount of regular coal I have.
It'd be better to use the diamonds to make covealence dust for a divining rod, then you can use the rod to find more diamonds with ease

Turning coal into diamonds is really inefficient. The best thing to do is to get a proper alchemy set-up ASAP so you can turn sunlight into diamonds.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

It'd be better to use the diamonds to make covealence dust for a divining rod, then you can use the rod to find more diamonds with ease
Turning coal into diamonds is really inefficient. The best thing to do is to get a proper alchemy set-up ASAP so you can turn sunlight into diamonds.
Well obviously, but you need several diamonds to get that set up properly. Once I got a decent set-up (and yes, one of the first things I did was to upgrade my divining rod to the max level), I went back into the mines and collected about a stack of diamonds. Now I can start building flowers and condensers and the like. ;-)

OK, I got my new laptop and set up the server! I have yet to put in the right world, but at least I can get your usernames for the whitelist. Fire away!Flipz, I got you. ToaD, yours is just ToaDriken, right?The IP is 74.4.253.188:25565.

Edited by Piraka~Mistika

banner.jpg