The Official Minecraft Topic

Finally made a start on the power core for generating mass amounts of buildcraft energy (whatever its called) And during one of my return to trips to base, as I passed the horse stable, well...http://www.majhost.c...lone_horses.pngJust...just, HOW?! All I've been doing today is travelling through thaumcraft portals and doing buildcraft stuff. How did my horse get cloned?!
The answer is simple...DEMONS as they are responsible for everything. Man I loved the times when shouting that all of you knew what I found. Aside from that seeing you're horse cloned itself clearly shows that it has been stealing you're technology and secretly creating a cloning device for himself and it is to ensure that he will survive on when he dies.
I'm just ToaD

Alternitavely, he may be amassing an army of himself in order to take over Minecraftia.We should use this to create a mob cannon! One that is completely filled with horse ammo! MUHAHAHAHA!

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Or it could have been a bug with Mo' Creatures.
Between this, the Gravity Greaves bug, and the lag spikes I get around Mo' Creatures mobs, I get the impression that Mo' Creatures is kind of unstable... :-/

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

It's pretty good by itself, but keep in mind that most mods tend to be buggy to begin with simply because they're made by someone for fun, someone who has work, college, a life on the computer outside of programming. Stick fifty+ of them together like Technic does and its no wonder there's going be a lot bugs and conflicts.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Mo Creatures works well enough for me, though I am a bit miffed about the fur pants being a loincloth. Everything else, Inuit-style get-up, pants don't cover half of the front or anything on the back.Also there's a bit about ogres not fearing death. If ogres feared death, everything would be easier for me.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Let me guess, you're fighting them in the daytime?They're flighty in daylight. Can't sit still for the life of them.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Let me guess, you're fighting them in the daytime?They're flighty in daylight. Can't sit still for the life of them.
I have noticed that, but it's not always in the daytime. Even at night they're cowards. Maybe they saw me kill their brethren and don't want the same to happen to them.

banner.jpg

Sometimes they teleport away to get a new angle of attack, and end up dropping themselves in water, thus quite thoroughly distracting themselves from you.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The Nether Star would probably be more Trophy-like in that respect, though considering since there are multiple mob heads, they'd certainly be a trophy of their own.Even though the heads are rare, I can see someone letting a Wither loose in the overworld on a multiplayer server to wreak havoc. Many will probably try to program some way to disable Wither spawning. Pity. I'm really looking forward to those beacons.

Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Yeah, the Beacons are probably what I'm looking forward to the most. Them and the item frames.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Hmm. Beacons work on top of iron, right? Building a diamond pyramid is rather more flashy than I'd be likely to go for.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IIRC, Iron, gold, diamond, and emeralds. There may be different effects for the different ores in the future, though, thats not guaranteed.Edit: Nice choice. Gold would match well with the new texture of the crystal inside the block, too.

Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Golden Sun lighthouse idea seems nice. It'd fit in perfectly as a centrepiece.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Hmm. It's a shame you can't place a Beacon sideways. And that blocks can't be rotated once they've been placed. A proper lighthouse would be good.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yeah, true, I suppose it's best to just go with whatever the nearest approximation of a lighthouse would be.Hmm. Wouldn't be hard to tweak real lighthouse designs to fit this sort of thing.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

So I've come to the conclusion that everyone on Minecraft forum sites are either total "meanies" or else bullied into silence. Either way, no-one is willing to help me with anything. I'm so proud of everyone here for their encouragement, friendliness, and generosity with advice and opinions. I don't think you guys appreciate how rare people like you are. ;) EDIT: Wow, did NOT expect that word to get filtered... O_o

Edited by Flipz

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

So I've come to the conclusion that everyone on Minecraft forum sites are either total "meanies" or else bullied into silence. Either way, no-one is willing to help me with anything. I'm so proud of everyone here for their encouragement, friendliness, and generosity with advice and opinions. I don't think you guys appreciate how rare people like you are. ;)EDIT: Wow, did NOT expect that word to get filtered... O_o
And to think all I was good for was annoying all of you with my neverending poison potions. I feel so happy. Edited by Driken Toa of Shadows
I'm just ToaD

I uh... dug a trench. Added a level of dirt. Build a four by four box with a layer of dirt on the outside, and a layer of wood on the inside. Now I am camping out...

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

So I've been doing something I call a Hardcore Vegan run. You start a large biomes map, and you have a few set rules.Animals cannot be killed or harvested for food or materials, meaning you cannot even shear sheep or milk cows. The only mobs you can kill are hostile ones, and using their materials is fine. (you can't eat rotten flesh though)It just so happens that in my first attempt at this, I was given a world that spawned my right next to both a desert village and a desert temple.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

So I've got Minecraft working (somewhat...I've got an "out of memory" error popping up occasionally), Large Biomes world, and....I've spawned in a swamp biome...on an island in the middle of nowhere, with just one island on the horizon. That being said, I hit the motherlode of all iron deposits--thirty-some pieces of ore in just one small section of cave (and I've got a lot of cave to explore).:w:

...I may have to try a Large Biomes world. I know a Large Tundra would be good.If X ever tries Large Biomes, he'll probably spawn in a Taiga.Meanwhile, an Eldritch Monolith has caused a minor taint infection near my home. I didn't like this, so I turned NEI onto cheat mode and spammed Purifier rigs and Totems of Dawn inside it. I could have done all of that legitimately with the amount of EMC I have, of course, but it would have taken a while and I was feeling impatient.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

...I may have to try a Large Biomes world. I know a Large Tundra would be good.If X ever tries Large Biomes, he'll probably spawn in a Taiga.Meanwhile, an Eldritch Monolith has caused a minor taint infection near my home. I didn't like this, so I turned NEI onto cheat mode and spammed Purifier rigs and Totems of Dawn inside it. I could have done all of that legitimately with the amount of EMC I have, of course, but it would have taken a while and I was feeling impatient.
OOOOOOOHHH UR SUCH A CHEATURRRRRMeh, I personally can't stand vanilla SSP without cheats. It's just so... tedious. It's fine in multiplayer, but for SP it just gets boring. Creative or Cheats never get dull, though.

banner.jpg

Oh, also, it turns out that the Destruction Catalyst can mine the supposedly unbreakable Eldritch Stone that makes up the Monolith chambers. It gets less unbreakable once you have it, though.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I'd play the multiplayer if I had anyone else to play with, but I don't do mods without official support--I'm too concerned that I'll mess it up, and I have no idea what I'm doing with them. :P So SSP is what I have.(Creative, though...I'm thinking of making a Riven/Bastion-inspired Survival map with Creative).:w:

The Technic pack installs a separate Minecraft .jar file, and the installation is handled for you, so there's no worry of messing either the moderator or your vanilla .jar file up.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

If X ever tries Large Biomes, he'll probably spawn in a Taiga.
Well, in 1.4 on Hard that won't be too bad... I'll get to see it burn.And seeing Taigas burn is the best thing in the world.On another note, finally made a house on my new Technic world. Going hunting for materials to make some machinery, because I want something interesting...And any sort of quarry I make will be in the desert, since so far it has yileded me a lot of good stuff. But I'll keep it away from the Eldrich monument there... because I am honestly scared anything I do to it will automatically cause a taint infection. Even though it's kind of unlikely.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian