The Official Minecraft Topic

@Death's Apprentice: I don't really care for Zelda, and I'm not anticipating any other games really, so all that's left is Minecraft. And that it'll finally be complete.@Roablin, again: looooooolI tried to get Matoro to join my server once, and I had to guide him through getting & installing Hamachi. :PSome time ago on Skype.

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

So i decided to make myself a two story wooden house in my village that i colonized(I've been living in a regular house for my entire stay there)and i found that making Wooden houses is incredibly costly and inefficient, especially if you want to use ANY regular wood blocks. i've used up half my bone meal already, i'm seriously considering just giving up and making it out of cobblestone, it would be easier, cheaper, and safer(Slightly less damage from explosions, if a fire breaks out it won't spread).

fail, seriously. wood houses are more efficient than cobble ones, and it's virtually impossible for it to burn down unless you light it yourself. don't use bone meal, just replant the trees you cut down and seek out more trees. also, you don't need to waste resources getting wood, whereas cobble requires picks.anyway, i don't feel the game is done yet. if NPCs were finished, i'd be happy, but our current pig-brained villagers are awfully disappointing. also, the Zombie Siege and Adventure modes Notch promised us don't exist yet. I would have rather had either of those instead of creative honestly. i can't really call the game finished since Notch isn't quite yet delivering everything he promised us over the last year and a half. Edited by BBCCD
This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Woot woot. Nine hours and thirty minutes to go, the Minecon.Am I the only one building a shrine to Minecon in my Minecraft world?

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

anyway, i don't feel the game is done yet. if NPCs were finished, i'd be happy, but our current pig-brained villagers are awfully disappointing. also, the Zombie Siege and Adventure modes Notch promised us don't exist yet. I would have rather had either of those instead of creative honestly. i can't really call the game finished since Notch isn't quite yet delivering everything he promised us over the last year and a half.

I'm gonna have to agree with this, I almost wonder why he doesn't just use code from millinere to finish the villagers. Edited by The Invisible Noob

Nope, actually. Beta users only get the full release and minor patches.add: upon looking at the article again, it says updates until the release, so I dunno.Source is here.

Wait, so that means if I got it in beta/wait for the full version, I won't get any updates? I thought the only difference was the cheaper price and getting it earlier. So I wonder if that means we can buy more updates later like DLC. I just hope for minecraft on the Xbox 360 they haveA: All three kinds of multiplayer (split-screen, system link, and online,)B: Have free updates, aside from maybe between major versions (say, 1200 points for Alpha, 400 more to upgrade to beta/1600 if you didn't have it already, and 400 to upgrade to full from beta/800 to upgrade from alpha/2000 if you're just buying it.)C: Release the full version aside from occasional updates instead of doing open alpha/betaD: Have DLC that's inexpensive/free, such as skins for your character and texture packs, along with similar avatar outfits and themes for your Xbox 360 (some of these would hopefully be free, such as the skins and texture packs.)Honestly though, I'm just hoping for a fun recreation of minecraft that's not too expensive, has good multiplayer without the hassle of setting up servers, can be played with multiple people without each person needing to buy the game, and stays true to the original, particularly if they include some texture packs/skins to use (possibly by making your own skins and transferring them to your HDD through a memory card/USB drive.)
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

From what I understand, the Xbox version is going be as close as possible to the PC version; I imagine it'll connect to your Minecraft.net account, something the mobile version hasn't done yet, and will be able to get stuff from there.Don't get your hopes up over no alpha/beta; it worked brilliantly before and thus will probably be like that for a while.I have heard the possibility of intersystem communication; as in, Xbox players being able to join a PC server with other PC players.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

anyway, i don't feel the game is done yet. if NPCs were finished, i'd be happy, but our current pig-brained villagers are awfully disappointing. also, the Zombie Siege and Adventure modes Notch promised us don't exist yet. I would have rather had either of those instead of creative honestly. i can't really call the game finished since Notch isn't quite yet delivering everything he promised us over the last year and a half.

I'm gonna have to agree with this, I almost wonder why he doesn't just use code from millinere to finish the villagers.
eh, I disagree with adding millinere. I didn't like that they built houses, especially since they were made of dirt. they looked terrible. I just want them to have items in their houses, fight back when i attack them of their village, i want them to trade with you somehow, and last but definitely not least, I want them to give you miniquests of some sort.as for the console versiion, i almost wonder if it's a lie. we all know Notch likes to troll, and i haven't heard an officially confirmed thing about it since the "announcement". plus it doesn't make since to only put it on the 360 and not try to port it to the other consoles, especially the PS3.
This topic so far

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Yes, because IGN would totally hold an interview with Notch and Notch would troll them just because. And if you still don't believe it, here you go. We'll have it at Minecon, or at least whatever they have atm.It does make sense why they aren't doing for something like the PS3; you know how hard it is to port things to begin with? The Xbox and PS3 use completely different coding stuffs, whereas the PC and Xbox had some sort of relationship; I think the Xbox support C code.Point being, I'm pretty sure Notch ISN'T trolling this time around.

voidstars.png

It does make sense why they aren't doing for something like the PS3; you know how hard it is to port things to begin with? The Xbox and PS3 use completely different coding stuffs, whereas the PC and Xbox had some sort of relationship; I think the Xbox support C code.

so basically, because of laziness. okayseriously this didn't stop Portal 2 or Bioshock from happening.
This topic so far

Vs.

It does make sense why they aren't doing for something like the PS3; you know how hard it is to port things to begin with? The Xbox and PS3 use completely different coding stuffs, whereas the PC and Xbox had some sort of relationship; I think the Xbox support C code.

so basically, because of laziness. okayseriously this didn't stop Portal 2 or Bioshock from happening.
Laziness, yeah. I'm sure they'll do it on PS3 if there's demand for it; I mean, iOS Minecraft wasn't announced until after Android.

voidstars.png

there already is demand for it.every time it's brought up, people in the comments sections say "ps3 version?" or something similar.

This topic so far

Vs.

I guess only time will tell what comes of a PS3 port. *shrug*

voidstars.png

Well, I certainly didn't know that about beta buyers. That stinks because I bought the game like two weeks after beta came out, even though I was playing MC before then on my brother's account. Still, I can't see Notch making us buy more of the game for a while yet, I expect us beta buyers will still get free updates for a while.

banner.png

pretty much the only thing he could justify making you pay for is expansion packs, since it's a huge ripoff for him to make people pay for bug fixes.i bought in alpha though so i don't care, lol

Edited by BBCCD
This topic so far

Vs.

I'm pretty sure the 'no more updates for you after release durr hurr' thing refers to expansion packs, yeah, not bug fixes or minor things.

voidstars.png

Yes, because IGN would totally hold an interview with Notch and Notch would troll them just because. And if you still don't believe it, here you go. We'll have it at Minecon, or at least whatever they have atm.It does make sense why they aren't doing for something like the PS3; you know how hard it is to port things to begin with? The Xbox and PS3 use completely different coding stuffs, whereas the PC and Xbox had some sort of relationship; I think the Xbox support C code.Point being, I'm pretty sure Notch ISN'T trolling this time around.

And on top of that, he drew an awesome picture of a sheep, which is what convinced me. :P

So who's excited for Minecraft iPhone edition?

I would be, but I don't have an iPhone. Debating whether to buy one just for a mobile version of minecraft.

I'm pretty sure the 'no more updates for you after release durr hurr' thing refers to expansion packs, yeah, not bug fixes or minor things.

Yeah, though I'm hoping at the very least we could get future updates, even if we have to pay for them, though I guess with the full release updates won't be as prominent. And yeah, because Windows and Xbox 360 are both owned by Microsoft (and some Windows games work with 360 controllers.) I just hope Microsoft doesn't decide to be a pain and overprice minecraft to spam us for money. :P
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

mineconlivestream.pngMinecraft is officially out. Go! Go! Go!And of course the first thing I manage to do in 1.0 is get blown up by a creeper. *facepalm* Good times.

Edited by Veeci

Imagine, a room, awash in gasoline. And there are two implacable enemies in that room. One of them has nine-thousand matches. The other has seven-thousand matches. Each of them is concerned about who's ahead, who's stronger. - Carl Sagan
Formerly Vorox Chief.

Just took a break from first session of the full version of Minecraft! My thoughts:

• [*]It's smooth, haven't had any lag at all.[*]The new sound affects really add to the game.[*]The world gen procedure seems to have bean tweaked, creating variable terrain that is a huge improvement over the boring 1.8 worlds that all seamed the same.

That's pretty much what I think Notch will do too, I just wish that back before I got my own computer I bought MC myself instead of telling my brother to do it. But w/e.Does the iOS version work on iPod touches as well? Or is it just on the iPhone?

Any iOS device.-Canama

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight

Um...Asides from the modified title screen buttons and improved FPS, what exactly is new in 1.0? =P

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Um...Asides from the modified title screen buttons and improved FPS, what exactly is new in 1.0? =P

Lots and lots of bug fixes and all the 1.9 prelease features.

voidstars.png

did they ever actually do a 1.9? or was it just prereleases?

This topic so far

Vs.

I've been considering a Hamachi server, but until I get a new rig it's just going be out of the question.

voidstars.png

My new hobby: Getting to The End on creative mode, and setting off beds.

It's much more fun in the Nether IMO.Speaking of Blowing things up, does the new sound for Explosions sound a bit off to you guys? Maybe I'm just used to the old sound, but still.

\/ The user below me is dumb a neat guy. \/

i like it, i think it sounds way cooler and more realistic than the old explosion noise.i hacked a bunch of TNT to work on my strip mine again, and when i set it all off it sounded so cool.

This topic so far

Vs.

does anyone have a good server the ones i like are offline for now

This, didn't someone mention setting up a Bzpower server a while back?
yes i did hear someone planning but no update so far cookieo posted a server ip but of course its not 24/7 and its always closed and on the site i found a nice server sadly its closed for now Edited by Makaru

panel.png

toa's new unnamed comics. coming well i dont know so top asking.>:( :P