This tournament makes me want to play pokemon again, especially since I never got into competitive battling. I'd like to reserve electric, but I have a few questions. Regarding Ballom's proposition about wildcard pokemon, is a pokemon allowed if it has a Hidden Power of the type that you're using? Also, am I allowed more than one form of Rotom? Finally, are BW2 move tutor moves allowed?Also I wish the standard OU bans weren't in place so I could abuse Thundurus but I guess Zapdos will do. Still, for a more balanced tournament we should use standard rules.

Edited by Argaraffe

Alright. Sounds good. Except I still think Blaze Blaziken/not-sand-rush Excadrill should be allowed. I mean, there's no reason to block them from a little tournament like this (I realize it would be harder to filter Blazikens and Excadrills on a larger scale).
Agree I had an idea for a Blaziken anyways@Kohu: Rookie mistake in game is to only train one Pokemon- don't worry, I was a victim of it too. You're going to need a lot of grinding before you're prepared to fight the Elite 4, so at least train up your Gyarados and Kadabra [see if you can trade to evolve him] and then go out on the higher level routes and see if you can't just catch higher level Pokemon. Your Geodude should be easy to replace.@Blade: No sir, I had Fighting.@Arge: Using multiple Rotoms violate Species Clause, which is a standard OU rule which is what we're playing by.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Actually, my current Party is a level 21 Magnemite which I'm grinding, a level 22 Poliwag which has almost evolved, a level 23 Fearow with Exp Share, a level 23 Togetic which just evolved, a level 38 Gyarados which will lead the charge with Magnemite, and a level 44 Typhlosion which is my last ditch resort.Anyone willing to trade something with my Kadabra and then trade it back so it can become an Alakazam?EDIT: @JC: Plus Gyarados is water/flying.

Edited by The One and Only Kohu.

How about each differently typed Poke over the original wildcard must have a move of the team's type? That sounds reasonable.~B~
Although, if that was the case, I could run something like Gyarados, Hydregion and Metagross alongside only three actual Ground type Pokemon (or less), as long as most of them carried EQ or Earth Power. Which is why I was thinking that there should be a limit to the total number of wildcards (I vote two, with the "must have move of team's type" rule in place). I realise that with something like Ice or Poison it's a bit harder to find five good Pokemon of the same type with decent synergy , but I would say four pokes with two wildcards wouldn't be too difficult for any given type.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Natch, my Pokewalker went through the wash. Not that it's been used for much in-game stuff, but it's been my companion for a solid two years, so it bums me out a bit. Plus, I had a ton of watts saved from this summer.Ah well, time to order a new one, I guess.

You know, some of the Dream World abilities become quite cute/funny when you consider that they may represent the "dreams" of that Pokemon...Pansage, Pasear and Panpour get Overgrow, Blaze and Torrent, because they want to be like the starter Pokemon.Durant gets Truant, because ants are always working.Tropius gets Harvest, because it just can't get enough of those bananas.The Nidos get Sheer Force, because they've always been overlooked as offensive Pokemon.Tornadus and Thundrus get defiant, because Landorus is always keeping them under control.Absol gets Justified, since it wants to be seen as a hero.And Smeargle gets Moody, because it wants to be an angsty, tortured artist type.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

That really makes sense... Lemme analyze the starters.Bulbasaur: Chlorophyll: It absorbs the light, and wishes to do so more.Charmander: Solar Power: It wants to be so awesome it takes Bulbasaur's spot as the first Pokemon.Squirtle: Rain Dish: It wants to just absorb water from the rain.Chikorita: Leaf Guard: It wants to become stronger, but it's just best as a tank, so it uses leaves to guard itself.Cyndaquil: Flash Fire: It wants to turn everything into fire(I mean look at it, it's secretly evil.)Totodile: Sheer Force: It wants to be strong to bite everything in sight.Treecko: Unburden: It wants to drop the burden of being one of the best Hoenn Starters.Torchic: Speed Boost: It wants to be faster so that it's Sinnoh cousin doesn't constantly one-up it. =PMudkip: Damp: It just wants to be in the water all the time, carefree and joyful.Turtwig: Shell Armour: It wants to be a true turtle.Chimchar: Iron Fist: It wants to be the best martial artist in the whole universe. And go Super Saiyan. Can't forget that.Piplup: Defiant: It's so proud, it wants to defy everything ever.Snivy: Contrary: It seems so arrogant, but the truth is, it just wants to fight and win and earn it's arrogance, not have it from the get-go.Tepig: Thick Fat: It wants to become very good bacon. Or be Ganonsorf, one or the other.Oshawott: Shell Armour: It wants to become a samurai.All of these are jokes, by the way, mostly. =P

Okay, so I've played pokemon constantly for YEARS. Even played in the most recent non invitational tournament thingy(which for the record I was mediocre at). But I'm having an AWFUL time with this idiotic psychic type gym leader duo in emerald. It's not even the psychic type part. It's the Claydol one of em starts out with. My team is something like this.Lv 40-45 Lairon(Earthquake destroys)Lv 35-40 Manetric(Earthquake destroys)Lv 32ish Gyrados(Trying to level up to destroy the claydol)Lv 47ish Hariyama(Which takes Psychic surprisingly well, but is basically a damage taker as he can't do much damage)2 lv 25 cannon fodder for absorbing earthquake.Okay, so most recently I started out just baiting earthquake, seeing as it's what destroys my lairon and manetric. Funny thing. IT STINKING HELD ONE BACK BECAUSE IT SOMEHOW KNEW WHAT I WAS DOING. (I forgot to count) This would be terrible easy, except I migrated my grovyle (I know, I know)End question. What can I do except grind my gyrados? Cause I'm getting tired of it.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

(Hilariously, I usually see any non-damaging move as useless). My hariyama is locked up with hms, but I suppose I could delete one of it's nonHM moves. This might work, as I could just hit it with everything I've got. My lairon is my heavy hitter, so as long as i can nuke everything else with it....hmm. Have to give it a shot.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

Honestly, by the time the seventh gym is reached most Pokes should be levelled up enough to destroy them easily. Also, I don't know why you don't have a starter.Anyway, seeing as you're having trouble, maybe use a Super Rod to catch a Sharpedo, and have it use Surf? Alternately, use Protect, Torment, Disable, or even Double Team as a last resort? Third gen is pretty easy, so it shouldn't be too hard to win.Oh, so I read above some more and apparently you transferred out your starter. That was a pretty bad idea, as Sceptile is a pretty awesome Pokemon to have on your team, and would have wiped the floor with Claydol. But, as I said, a bunch of strategies remain.~B~

Honestly I don't know if Sharpedo is the best idea of approaching the gym...Sharpedo has defenses of a wet napkin and will probably take a lot of damage even on neutral hits. Rough Skin may help, but not by much. Then again, it has higher Special attack than Gyara and has both Water and Dark STABs. I suggest going for the Gyarados as it is immune to Claydol's Earthquake. Just watch out for the rock moves that Lunatone and Solrock pack, as it may spell Gyarados's doom.The only other Pokemon I can think of that might help is catching a Spheal in Shoal Cave, level grinding it to at least a Sealeo (Walrein would be even better at Level 44), and teaching it Surf. It's bulky, but Ice also packs a lot of weaknesses, especially Rock. Even then, Gyarados is probably a more suitable choice since you already level grinded it and is already bulky.If your Lairon is at least level 42, you could evolve it into an Aggron...And about Grovyle/Sceptile, I just remembered that Claydol had Ice Beam if I'm not mistaken... =/Even then it should still be able to hold its own against 3 of the gym leaders' Pokemon had you kept it in your game...

Edited by sirbibbleton

--==My MOCs==--

Sharpedo's defenses won't matter since you should be able to KO with a Surf anyway. Gyarados is the overall better Pokemon if you're thinking long term, yeah.Sub+Dragon Dance Gyarados, btw. Guize Gyarados are strong iz troo iz troo Freaking amazing how easy it is to set up. He just walls enough things in the metagame to force switches and get free Substitutes, which mean free Dragon Dances, which mean easy Moxie boosts and easy ladder points for Jay.

YES! According to what I've learned, you can get an Eevee with a Hidden ability from Black and White 2!! Perfect. But.. it's after the main game.. If someone around here beats the game before me, ya think you could trade me a female? (Unless it's automatically Male, of course.) I was planning to go through the game with one with it's Hidden Ability though.I'm also looking for FDW Bagon, Elekid and/or Magby, and Ralts.

Vital Spirit Electivire?Ditto to FDW Bagon...Anyway, anyone have experience with randomizers? Since my FireRed Nuzlocke is pulling at my heartstrings so much I'm giving it a rest and doing an Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke. It is a frustrating and glorious experience. Nabbed a Piloswine as my starter but catching all those rare and fully evolved Pokemon [the highlight of which has been a Kingdra] is insanely difficult, if impossible. Out of the seven or so areas I've been in so far I've only caught three, and one was a Smeargle.

Edited by Makaru