Since When Did This Become A Chore?

Akamai921

Parts had been a chore for a while, due to trying to follow comedies that I didn't really like/find funny but wanted to support the author.Recently, there just doesn't seem like much to talk about. Their hasn't been a lot of EM updates recently, and that was what I spent most of my time on before whatever we're calling this recent downtime. -But Still TLhikan.

"So I'm TL now?"

"Yeah, 'cuz if we said it the other way it'd have to be TLhiKHAAN!!"

Nah, posting/reading stuff has never and still doesn't feel like a chore to me. Though I don't have as much time as I used to, I always enjoy getting the chance to browse the forums and see what new, interesting topics may have come up in my absence.The only thing that does feel like a chore sometimes (albeit a self-inflicted one) is keeping my comedies updated, especially when I'm struck with writer's block and/or don't have a ton of time. But only sometimes. :P:mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

• 2 weeks later...

It's not a chore, but work and school can be, mainly because I don't have enough time. However, I have concluded that I will neither have enough time or dedication to BIONICLE/LEGO or BZPower come August 2013. At that point, I will officially close down all internet ties and begin anew, starting with social networking sites so that I may stay in touch with my family over college. Too many obligations that matter in the long run for continued BZPower tenure.

How well will you die?

It might be because I've been here for as long as I have, but always lurked more than posted (as one can tell from my count...), but I feel like BZP has almost become more of a chore to check rather than an entertaining experience.This isn't dissing the site at all; it's an excellent forum, and one that I have always- and will always- love to death. I simply feel like it's not as fun anymore; that I only check in habitually, or out of a sense of necessity.Does anyone else feel this way? Is the board becoming less fun, or have I just been here for too long and need a refresher?

*Sighs* I feel the exact same way. I've been trying to get back into the site like I used to be, but it just isn't happening. :/ I'm not sure whether or not it's us or the board, but I do know that its becoming more of a chore, rather than actual fun like it was years ago. ... maybe that's why I can't get back into the BZPRPG... it's just a huge chore, not something that truly entertains me anymore. :/-Skar

• 2 weeks later...

It's certainly not a fun pastime anymore, judging by how few and far between my visits have become by now.I've said before that my friends on here (and my PBZP obligations, forgotten as they may be) are some of the only reasons why I come back. But now I'd say they're the only reason. I'm surprised I'm even posting here, in fact... maybe I'll go make some more uninteresting posts now.

~

:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r:~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

• 3 weeks later...

Become a staff member, then you can complain about checking the site feeling like a chore. :P

That's crazy talk.

You're all growing up.

"Say it ain't so."You grow up. You move on. Such is life. But you'll find this with a lot of things you enjoy, as your tastes, habits, responsibilties, etc. change.I still have my sets. I still remember this site, some of the friends I made here, and some of the things I learned. But I understand life differently than when I first discovered BZPower, and I have more important things to be busy with these days.©1984-2012 Toaraga EAM

COT Official Topics | Trade References | COT RPG Guidelines | Truth | A Naming Day Carol | Stars Review The trouble with the status quo is that it keeps changing."College dropout, Shego: they let me in; I let myself out." -Dr. Drakken No great feat was ever accomplished by those who gave into fear or caved under pressure. Earthquakes in many places.|| Busy with life

It has partially become a chore in certain divisions of the site where I spend my time most frequently. The private messaging systems are the only 'exciting' part of the site nowadays for me, because I have the ability to communicate with friends. Searching through discussion topics in GD has become repetitive and tedious - nothing controversial, nothing exciting which we can discuss without somebody making it an enormous flame war over BIONICLE ending, even when we're perhaps miles away from that subject. Writing, reviewing, and messaging are the only parts of the site I can enjoy, specifically reviewing because giving input is always wonderful, and knowing it makes an impact and helps the writer, artist, or builder improve. But the site has become dull in some sections, and the recent change to the board's layout has made it plain. Hard to say where specifically, but just...something is missing to spice it up a touch, to add that spark or flare of interest that always grasped me and made me want to visit frequently. Now, I just don't feel like it because it's part of a routine to check my inbox, and see the latest news. =/

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...