Official BS01/HS01 Wiki Topic

Swert

Out of curiosity, why can't anyone register as a new user on BS01? When I tried to, it says that the action is restricted to administrators. I have been reading over a few things in the wiki, and have found some possible errors I'd like to discuss in one of the talk pages or possibly fix myself.

-------

Or you can make an account via HS01, then use those login details to get on BS01. BS01 just tends to be the more frequent target of vandals and spambots, so registration has been down there for a long time.

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

• 3 weeks later...
How come I can't get to another page on BS01 except for the Main Page.

I'm not having this problem. Page load speed is a bit slow, but it is loading other pages.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I click on any of the page tabs, and it's not working. I right click it, it asks to save image as. No open link in another tab.

That's just a quicknav. It probably doesn't work in your browser. Pages would still work. Search for them on the left sidebar.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

• 4 weeks later...

I know using your last name is against the rules. But what about initials? just first and last, i.e. D.R. for Daniel Rocka. And no, that's not my name.

Edit: Never mind.

Edited by Willess12

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

• 1 year later...

What's the plan in the event of a total story reboot? Are we going to try and let the two storylines coexist on one wiki, or are we going to make a BS02?

(We're allowed to revive official topics after thirty days, right?)

Think of it like how Wookieepedia does it. Even if there are differences between storylines, both storylines will be documented.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

What's the plan in the event of a total story reboot? Are we going to try and let the two storylines coexist on one wiki, or are we going to make a BS02?

(We're allowed to revive official topics after thirty days, right?)

I would guess any character/location/etc pages that are in both storylines will have their "Story" section separated into two parts, like First Story Arc and Second Story Arc. Trivia and other such things that are only true for one story arc will be labeled as such. This isn't unheard of - the aforementioned Wookiepedia does it, any Marvel/DC comic series that ever got redone or made as a movie simply differentiates from one version to another.

BS02 would be unnecessarily repetitive and, as fishers64 suggested, contextually confusing for those interested in both storylines.

I assume this is only IF canon clashes, and if you ask me, I think TLG is going to at least try not to. The less they have to do with each other, the less likely they are to step on each others' toes.

signature.png

signature.png

BS02 would be unnecessarily repetitive and, as fishers64 suggested, contextually confusing for those interested in both storylines.

I assume this is only IF canon clashes, and if you ask me, I think TLG is going to at least try not to. The less they have to do with each other, the less likely they are to step on each others' toes.

signature.png

I was suggesting it in the event that they do clash. If there are two unrelated, conflicting stories, I think BS01 would become very muddled trying to cover them both. For all characters who appear in both timelines, you could simply include a link to their page on the other wiki.

There's a few ways to go about it. My master plan is to have the way page navigation tabs ("discussion" "carve" etc) are reorganized (and some of this probably depends on the new skins...) so that it can accommodate a second page tab, perhaps under a new mainspace, and one that is distinctly identified and marked, and one that can easily be switched to (and back from). I'd prefer this to laboring down single pages, like the enormous Tahu page, with even more info.

Yeah, page tabs would work well. Just out of curiosity, though, has there ever been an officially-sanctioned BS02? I feel like there was a site by that name back in like, 2004.

Probably one of the hit-and-miss April Fools pranks we do. Or maybe you're thinking of KZN02? =P

I like Dorek's solution, but it's all just a matter of how to organize/display the info (yay UX!). I can say with some certainty that we won't have two separate sites for them.

signature.png

Yeah, I'm thinking about retiring HS01 to free up some server space as it is. It would be way too much hassle to have a third site on top of all that.

Edited by Dorek

Why BS02? I think BS15 is better, because BIONICLE came out in 01' and is coming back in 15'.

• Upvote 1

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Why not? Aren't you of a higher position than Dorek?

And also, why HS01? That made no sense, it really should be HS10...

Edited by Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Because the 01 was not referring to the year BIONICLE started, it was just a catchy name. Which is why HS01 is the way it is. BS02 is at least kinda catchy (still not happening), BS15 would just be... weird.

And I did tell Swert we couldn't use 2015 as a namespace or anything because it would screw things up with categorization. He pays the bills, but I think we all know who's really in charge... =D

(it's cholie)

I can't seem to log into BS01. It just tells me to "head to HS01 to login/create an account". What's that about? I could log in perfectly well yesterday.

EDIT: Alright, so I had to manually head to the address using my browsing history, since the login button in the upper right corner wasn't leading me there. Managed to log in, finally.

Edited by Toa Onaku

Why don't you just do "Tahu (Reboot)"? It doesn't look like there will be many shared names between the continuities besides Toa, the Toa's names, Makuta, and Kanohi. I don't think that that many shared names will be worth too much hassle.

How well will you die?

Using "Tahu (Generation X)" is my way of future proofing, really. I know a potential THIRD reboot is insane to think about for a lot of reasons, but still. Besides, people use "reboot" in WILDLY different fashions, so I wanted something that was a little more universal. Edited by Dorek

Using "Tahu (Generation X)" is my way of future proofing, really. I know a potential THIRD reboot is insane to think about for a lot of reasons, but still. Besides, people use "reboot" in WILDLY different fashions, so I wanted something that was a little more universal.

I'll say it is. Especially since we're only starting up on our first reboot. The third is quite a long ways away. :P

What about "Tahu (Okoto)"? It's a little more specific than both (Generation X) and (Reboot).

I'm also just realizing that it's really weird talking about BS01 stuff as a foreigner. I haven't been involved with BS01 for so long. Do people still like to talk about Saga Guides/Karda Nui? I always liked that people were so proud of that page. It didn't hurt that it stroked my ego every time I saw someone praise it. I'm still rather pleased with it myself. KH, Tomana, and I put a lot of work into that thing.

How well will you die?

We went through options like "(Okoto)" and "(2015)", but what if we move off Okoto next year? What if we get a Lhikan next year? There's a lot of small things that make it awkward for people to categorize, search for, etc.

I highly doubt that we'll be moving off Okoto or getting more rehashed classic characters anytime soon. It seems counterintuitive to what LEGO is trying to do with BIONICLE.

How well will you die?

I bet in 2001 you "highly doubted" we would move from Mata Nui.

I bet in 2001 you "highly doubted" we would move from Mata Nui.

Back then I was a kid and not much into predictions. Nonetheless, the reason I don't think we'll move from Okoto too soon is because LEGO's trying to simplify things. The story began to bloat in 2004 when Metru Nui was introduced, so I doubt that LEGO will go that route any time soon.

How well will you die?

Whether we move off Okoto or not, we need a more broad term to separate this era of Bionicle from the last. If we go ahead and have everything named "Tahu (Okoto)" we'll have to go moving all those pages again as soon as we do change islands, and we'll be in the same place we are now in trying to find a term. There's also the possibility we don't leave Okoto but some story information takes place in a different island such as in a flashback or something, therefore we'll have pages like "Tahu (Okoto)" and "Randomguy (Randomisland)". There'd be no consistency therefore it could become harder to keep track of which articles are which on the wiki.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Well, for most of the last generation we referred to the known BIONICLE universe as the Matoran universe. Perhaps the Protector Universe? Or whatever the actual name of the villagers are, since Protector seems to be a specific title.

How well will you die?

Generation 2 is just fine.

It would work. It's not very descriptive, though.

It's like labeling characters by the year they came out. For instance, instead of Karzahni (Plant) and Karzahni (Being), you'd have Karzahni (2004) (Or was it 2005?) and Karzahni (2006).

Edited by Lewigi
How well will you die?

Not exactly...

If we do it your way, we might as well have Toa Nuva (Mata Nui) and Toa Nuva (Karda Nui). Or Karzahni (Metru Nui), Karzahni (Karzahni), and Karzahni (Mahri Nui).

I don't think that's entirely implausible. For ages, the only distinction we had for Teridax was the region with which he was associated. 

Toa Nuva (Mata Nui) and Toa Nuva (Karda Nui). Or Karzahni (Metru Nui), Karzahni (Karzahni), and Karzahni (Mahri Nui).

If I remember correctly, there's only one Toa Nuva page anyway. As for the Karzahnis, I can agree that that's not a good idea, but that's mainly because all three have a better way of distinguishing them. One is a being, one's a location, and one's a plant. With these new characters, both versions of each are beings, and both versions are toa. The next best idea, I think, is to determine them by their universe or location, just as we did with the Makuta of Metru Nui for so many years.

How well will you die?

To me, that doesn't help distinguish between a reboot and the old continuity. It works fine for older users, but newer users will go "what's a Metru Nui, have I missed something?". And yes, the Toa Nuva were seen in multiple different places (technically the Toa Mata originated on Artakha!) so it gets waaay confusing using those designations. Generations is likely here to stay, barring some kind term (people kept calling the new forms "Omega" for a little while, but that didn't stick, and was not official anyway).

I really wish there was some official name we could call these things. But that's not very likely, considering that LEGO seems to be avoiding complicated names.

Generation X seems awfully generic, and suppose a newbie doesn't even realize that there ever was a previous generation? I know that might not cause too much confusion anyway, but it feels as if there could be some more specific way to distinguish them.

How well will you die?