Antroz Revamp

I always thought that all of the Phantoka Makuta looked way too skinny and unthreatening. So I redid them, but looking like Makuta. :P Anyway, tell me what you think of Antroz:http://www.brickshel...ntroz/angle.jpghttp://www.brickshel...antroz/back.jpghttp://www.brickshel...roz/smiting.jpgI would appreciate comments, concerns, or warm fuzzy feelings of encouragement. Thanks for looking!

Look at me still talking when there's science to do!

I really like the wings. You have to have a critical mass of those wing parts to pull that off, and I think it looks splendid.The chest just seems overly funky to me. I think it has to do with the second Jaller Mahri chest armor that's mirrored downwards. Try going for more of a "V" shape. (Props on incorporating the oft-overlooked Mata torso, though. Not many do that, especially nowadays.)The arms look okay. You might want to consider adding more armor to the upper arms and maybe less on the lower arms. The spiked foot as armor doesn't look bad - in fact, it can be done very well - but for this MOC, is skews the proportions a little bit. Plus, there's that gaping gap between the foot-armor and lower arm ... (Where's his right hand, by the way?)That weapon is distilled awesome. I've seen that technique before, but it doesn't stop being less brilliant.The legs, to be honest, concern me the most. Like the lower arms, they're not bad, per se - I just don't think they fit here. The lower legs are way too thick. The feet are interesting, but I think you'd probably be better off making them more menacing. In their case, less "custom" might be the best option.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

u know all i have to say is freaking amazing. this makes him look so much more intimidating and evil. if i were a av-matoran i would faints from fear. you have a knack for them. i also really like the weapon and that is really intricate. keep up the good work.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Whoa. If all the Makuta were made this way, then the Brotherhood would seem less generic. But, as with most fiction, the more enemies there are, the weaker they are, aside from some big leader.

Not just fiction, it comes from nature. The bigger animals require more food to support their massive bodies, therefore there has to be less of them or else they will exhaust the food supply. It's even worse for large carnivores. Because energy is lost from each part of the food chain, plant to herbivore and herbivore to carnivore, the higher up the food chain you are the less energy you get proportionally. That means if you're a large carnivore there will be even less of your species around.That's probably why fiction is the same, because in the end all fiction originates from ideas in nature.

sigpic2.png

Wow guys, thanks for all the comments! Sumiki: I see what you mean about the chest, but I had a lot of Jaller armor and was looking for a way to incorporate it. This guy actually started as Kalmah, so I wanted an extra attachment area for arms... Plus the armor is important for the structure of the torso. As for the arms, Hero factory bones are obnoxious to incorporate with that foot and I'm lazy, and his claw-hand got lost. :/ Hoping no one noticed.... For the legs I was actually trying to make a slightly animalistic limb (it has three segments instead of two) and I was going for a really armored look. But Thank you for the great review!Shadow Reaper: Thanks! Check back for Chirox in a little while! Poozy: Thanks for the review, and as for the fiction-nature parallel thats a pretty good theory! However, the great thing about Makuta is that they don't belong to a food chain that energy can be lost in... :PTahu Nuva Golden: Thanks! Its an unfortunate side-effect of lego being a business. Cost-effectiveness.Frozen Flash: I agree, but I couldn't find an original way to make them longer... Oh well.Thank you for all the feedback everyone!

Look at me still talking when there's science to do!

Chirox next? I'll be sure to come and see. As for this MOC here are my thoughts:I agree with Sumiki on the funkiness of the chest, but I also believe a matter of personal preference goes into that and if you like it, it's good. Likewise, I also agree on the necessity to attend to the legs more so than anything else.The feet you built were pretty clever and I really liked those. The general use of spiky and prodded pieces clearly established an intimidating aura, which is something a Makuta ought to have. The original set lacked that fearsomeness, but this certainly doesn't.Now, as for the weapon, it is both something out of a nightmare and something I fell in love with at first sight. I mean: braided flail = pure win!As I said, I can't wait to see any future revamps of yours. This one was a wonderfully built improvement.

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.