R P G: Stríð Karla

Alex Humva

OOC: The word Zeppelin implies a grand, massive airship filled with luxury and adventure. I'll be calling these "Rigid Observation Balloons"On that note, I am getting really tired of dealing with your perfect and infallible observation and espionage methods. These things haven't got any flaws at all and I can only think of one way to get rid of them. Think that's maybe a tiny bit ridiculous?Also these things are costing you IP, right?

Edited by cardworkMagician
That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOC: You're right, there should be some rule restricting us to only implementing bad ideas.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: The reason we use them is because they're so good. We wouldn't pick something we thought you had a chance of defeating. Now, if you do come up with something and we don't have a way to counter that and it's realistic enough that I can buy it, we'll let you get away with it. But coming from the guy who has ultra-patriotic farm workers and a small (relatively speaking) bureaucracy who can track every dollar in your economy, your complaints seem rather silly.:w:

OOC: There should be some balancing factor to even out the fact that Espionage is free and much more useful than anything else that's free.Personally I don't see why this stuff is classed as non military.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOCSo far I only have a few of them; IP cost is negligible. I'm building a lot more atm for a network of them, which is costing me 10 IP for a week and probably have an upkeep of one IP. They're pretty cheap, as they aren't that complex. Two solid composite hull pieces bolted together, minimum electronics for flight, a couple cameras, and some satellite dishes. Please, explain to me how your fighter pilots, assuming your plane is based off the F-16, going at cruise speed (577 MPH for an F-16), can see a dull, greyish object the size of a large sofa.When I made Strith, I specifically said that foul play and not being fair was, somewhat of an oxymoron, fair game. So long as it sticks within the rules.Espionage is not classified as non military, nor is it free. No one but myself, however, has done expensive spying. Lloyd has been using his embassy and making meetings in dark alleys. I've sent spec ops into your land (which I need to RP sometime to give them an update), which do cost money. When someone tries some serious info stealing, it's going cost them.Btw, there is a key flaw in my spy zeppelins. I never make something I can't counter. Figure out the flaw and they're fair game.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: I abandoned the idea of my jets seeing them when I learned how tiny they were.IC:The Stans were surely familiar to the conditions in Astaria, but there was one thing no balloon could resist, and the reason Astaria never took lighter-than-air flight seriously; Monsoon Season.Europa divided the world roughly in half, and this lead to massive storms seasonally, as the sun heated great masses of air which expanded and tore the oceans apart. These storms were normal for Astaria, and every building was built to withstand them, but jetliners were grounded and flights ceased as the storm worked its way towards Europa. In the days following the storm, however, it was impossible to miss the wreckage of tens of balloons, and at least six were recovered by the government.

-Rover

OOCWell, not quite the weakness I was thinking of, but yeah, God deciding that it's time to wipe some cities off the face of the Earth tends to kill zepps.IC [Astaria]It was indeed true, the Stan spy zeppelins had not been built to withstand the wrath of nature. Really, nothing was. So the zeppelins crashed and were destroyed horribly in the intense winds, and somewhere a military adviser punched a wall.Meanwhile, also in Astaria, the Stan special forces teams were dealing with this monsoon somewhat difficultly. While they were aware of the existence of such things, and could cope, it still caught them off guard. So, on the various islands of Astaria, the special forces teams attempted to keep their hidden little alcoves hidden and still standing. It would, however, cut into the intelligence gathering, namely finding the locations of any military bases satellite footage couldn't verify.OOCAlso, 'tens' is flattery. There's, like, twelve, maybe eighteen. But go ahead, recover the six. Not much you're going get from them, other than "**** it someone else is spying on us."IC [standast]In light of the recent monsoons in Astaria, the military took a call to the manufacturing facilities that had begun to work on the hundreds of similar zeppelins being made for the comm network, instructing the engineers to redesign it's hull. Last thing they needed was Astaria putting two and two together if they found wreckage.

Edited by Programmer Alex Humva

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: I fully expect Astaria to accuse Aquileon of spying again, or else you wouldn't be playing them consistently. They accused me of shooting down the Reverene rocket on the basis of "You spied on us before" so finding new evidence of spying probably will also result in my being accused.:w:

OOC: Except for a few things.IC:The Astarian Intelligence Agency had a field day with the balloons. First and most obvious was the composite shells; a mark of Stan influence if there ever was one. Second was the electronics, built with Stan tools and techniques. This was proof enough for the intelligence agency; but nothing was said outside of Astaria; it would not do to soil relations with the NEA further.

-Rover

OOC: Except for a few things, like, yanno, I helped build them. So Aquileonese influence would be in there too. And if you're okay accusing me of shooting down your rocket and okay with expelling every Aquileonese citizen from your lands, how are you not okay with accusing me of spying? :w:

Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf

OOC: Well, yeah, but really the Astarians are being quiet about your efforts. If you hadn't noticed, they're trying really hard to be nice. They're doing everything they can(reopen the embassy, leave land for you on Europa, offer to help with Luminous) because they don't want to have Aquilonia at their throats.

-Rover

OOCCough. Good sir, may I direct you to the following points.~Composite shells, I'll give you. However, I'd like to point out that Stan composite manufactures have spread to Kiserre, Aquileon, and Anitillan. Any one of them could of made it, as these composites are aren't as complex as others.~Tools and techniques? Sorry, have Astarians immigrated to Standast and begun working with them long enough to know what tools they use and the signs of them? I can accept this, if there are real Astarian immigrates working with the Stan manufacturing corps. Standast is pretty open with their immigration policy, and I'd imagine a few thousand Astarians are there, if that is so.

voidstars.png

OOC: I'd figure we've bought enough consumer electronics to know how you make your stuff, which is of course going to be way different from how everyone else makes their electronics.

-Rover

OOC~Can you tell American and Japanese electronics apart?~Do you have access to my military electronics? (Which are different from consumer grade stuff)~A circuit is a circuit.That about sums my thoughts up.

voidstars.png

OOC: Entirely different continents mean different lines of tech. We'll all use different materials and techniques, along with voltages and power uses; we can tell just by what it's made of. Everything is distinctive.

-Rover

OOC: So I know about Aquilonians involvement too. Still keeping quiet.

-Rover

OOC: Because Astaria realized that no one really cares.

-Rover

OOCI've given up on the argument. Just keep in mind that in a few more ingame years (think about June) that argument is going be invalid, with Kiserre electronics dominating and the NEA becoming all the more standardized.IC [standast]An order was put through to Kiserre weapons manufacturers; the Stan governmented wanted somewhere on the order of one million of their "F1" rifles, for rearming purposes. Payment would be supplied in Stan gold.OOC10 IP for in for two weeks towards the purchase of one million Kiserre F1 rifles.

voidstars.png

OOC: Do you even *have* a million men in your army?

-Rover

-==IC: Atrana==-As the people working on the development of new battle vehicles continued their discussions, another group decided to get together to explore this new stormless planet, even if it had been that way for a while now."We need to keep in touch." One of the people who would be staying behind said, as one of the pilots of the scout planes nodded in response, and then hopped into the plane in question."Yeah. We see anything, we'll let you know." The pilot replied, as he started up the plane, and after a few moments, the four planes began to travel south, prepared to head as far south as they could without having to stop and refuel...OOC: Scouting party from Atrana about to head out to explore the rest of the world and get in touch with people.

OOC: Come to that, what are our populations like? Tens or hundreds of millions?

-Rover

OOCI currently hold, like, 316 battallions. 316,000 men. 500,000 for replacements. The rest is being sold to my populance.As for our populations, keep in mind we all live on islands that vary between the size of Kansas and Texas. If anyone has more than a hundred million people, I call shenanigans, as America has 330 million and it was substantially larger than any of us.Actually, I take that back, Japan has a good 100 million people. But you're going have a **** crowded nation.

voidstars.png

OOC: Gonna set Astaria's population as 76 million, 298,000 of which are currently under arms(296 battalions. 2,000 other personnel.)

-Rover

OOCI am such a derp. Completely screwed up my area estimates; one grid square is somewhere around 577 miles across, using math I probably did wrong. It's just a general estimate, not anything percise. Doing out the computations results in one grid square being larger than Texas.So our concerns of overpopulation are eased, for now.

voidstars.png

OOC: ...The world is pretty huge, then. Like, 1.5 times the size of Earth.

-Rover

OOCErm, then I did out the calculations wrong.Now I know the derp; 577 is an F-16's cruise speed. Not the number I crunched. Recrunching.Ok, apparently it's 561 miles length wise, so 314,721 square miles. (for a grid square)

voidstars.png

OOC: Lloyd, are we ever going to see those Aquilonian trade ships that visited my European colonies?IC: After a short flight, the Antarian scout plane found itself met in the air by a P-11 Fighter(prominently bare of missiles). Should it have radio, it would hear the crackling voice of the pilot, speaking in the smooth yet strangely guttural tones of the Astarian language, still unfamiliar to Antaria.

-Rover

OOC: They're under Stan flags and I assumed they'd already docked and were doing their business.IC: Twenty battalions of the Aquileon Army moved to I-15, setting up a forward base to guard their colonies from.~+~Meanwhile, Astaria received an official request from Varangia for the blueprints to any bombers Astaria might have, as that nation found itself with an interest in acquiring bombers to dislodge possible invading armies.:w:

OOC: Why are you controlling Varangia?IC:The Astarian response was rather characteristic; a request for what Varangia would offer in return.

-Rover

-==IC: Atrana==-The Atranian pilot blinked, as he scratched his head, trying to understand the language, but shrugged."Dunno what you want, but I can't understand you there, mate." The pilot said, adding some flavour to his own discussion of a response.OOC: I'm undecided what this basis is. Probably not Australian, but... =P

IC [Europa]The Aquileon soldiers, after taking up residence for some time, would probably find various things; a bootprint here and there, some trash, some various pieces of torn fabric, as well as the occasional tree that seemed to of been cut down, implying someone had been there before them.

voidstars.png

IC:Recognizing that this was a new people, the Fighter matched velocities with the Antarian plane, flying ahead of them and hoping the foreigners would follow, and radioed for a greeting party to be arranged at the airport.IC:The Aquilonian response was differently labeled; this came from the office of the Astarian Prime Ministress, Alessia Coronaki."I'd be happy to discuss this issue over a meal with the Queen, if possible."

-Rover

OOC: Er?IC: This naturally raised questions in Aquileon. Messages were sent to her allies, requesting to know if anyone else had had troops in that area. Analysis was done on the fabric to determine the fiber's place of origin.The trash wal collected to attempt to find any identifying marks.:w:

-==IC: Atrana==-The planes followed, recognizing that the other plane appeared to want them to follow."Well, this is good. Only a little while into our mission, and we're already finding others." One pilot commented to the others, as they followed the fighter plane, not really cautious at all, given that they were probably considered expendable due to potential trouble that they could have run into. The people of Atrana probably were wanting to know this very info, too.

IC [Europa]Really, there wasn't that much there. Say what you will about about the nations of the world, but at least most of them knew better than to litter. All the same, soldiers got sloppy; ultimately it was a small candy bar wrapper, undoubtedly brought along by a soldier to snack on, that had the logo of an Astarian company, that traced the origin of the people who had been here before.

voidstars.png

IC: The candy bar wrapper was filed away (with some comments about the butterfly effect) and an agent in Astaria was instructed to acquire some Astarian clothing for comparison to the fibers. He did so by purchasing a few articles of clothing and shipping them via cargo plane to Standast, where they were relayed to Aquileon.:w: