R P G: Stríð Karla

Alex Humva

IC [standast]In a somewhat overlooked note, Project Reaper was allocated more money, after military logistics managed to get a revised count of their spending done.OOCProject Reaper now has 25 IP, ETA still at May 3rd.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: Alright then, military base on X-12. Do military bases get any troops?

Edited by Beardy Spoon

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCErm, well, they don't produce troops, but you're free to stick some there obviously.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: Re-fueling and re-arming ships and aircraft without flying all the way home, mainly.For my Long Range Missiles, would developing an incindiary charge cost any extra IP if I already have flamethrowers?

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOCMilitary bases are mainly in position for refueling and missile bases. As well, they give you staging areas to launch an assault. Basically, makes logistics easier ingame.As for the incendiary thingy... what sort are we talking here? A bunch of napalm, a MOAB, what?

voidstars.png

Basically, take a LRM. During the manufacturing process, substitute High Explosives and Detonator for Jellied Gasoline and a little bit of explosives. Explosives go off like normal, blowing the missile apart and throwing Jellied Gasoline all over everything below.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOCSounds reasonable; we had that in Vietnam, so yeah. Go right ahead.Derp, misread the question. Give it 5 IP for a week.

Edited by Gaius Alex Humvus Augustus

voidstars.png

OOC: Well, doing that. 5 IP to the development of ILRMs.

-Rover

OOCI derped on the derp. I read it as 'what will it cost me to put some of these on my warheads' rather than 'what will it cost me to research.' You already have the tech, the 5 IP is to get some of your missiles upgraded to it.

voidstars.png

OOC: Of course now I have to consider how many missiles each of my ships carry, how many I can allot to being incendiary, and how I'm supplying them to the Helbrecht(and my other two ships that will be completed on May first)Hurm. The British Type 42 destroyer carried 84 AA missiles, and not much else. I'm going to just arbitrarily pull that number down for the Helbrecht; 40 AA missiles and 20 LRMs on one Helbrecht.

Edited by cardworkMagician

-Rover

OOCOk, I admit, I did forget G17 xD But your other colony was after the IP report, so it gets put up this Sunday during IP report stuff.As for important stuff... bit of a lull really.

voidstars.png

OOC: I have N-6, Q-10, and heck, I'll claim F-2 right now.

-Rover

OOCFinally remembered what I was wanting to do.IC [standast]Over in the icy wasteland that was Standast, military funding had been diverted to building the spy zeppelins in mass. They announced it to their NEA allies, saying that until their joint space programs put up a more solid communications satellite network, these zeppelins would serve as quick communication relays. Capable of staying afloat for weeks at a time, the satellite dishes they carried would beam information securely across the NEA and wherever else they were deployed.OOC10 IP devoted for one week towards building tons of my composite spy zeppelins.

Edited by Gaius Alex Humvus Augustus

voidstars.png

OOC: This reminds me. I think EVERYONE missed this, because afaik no one ever said anythign about it

(Forum/Communications): The Kiserran diplomat proposed to the others at the Forum of Nations, a global communications network for television and the growing digital communications industry. As Kiserre was the most advanced in digital communication at the moment, it was suggested that Kiserran data and programming standards be adopted, or at least accounted for by other nations.

[link]
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC [Forum/Comms]The Stans agreed to this idea, suggesting a joint effort in laying oceanic cables to connect the computers of the world into one giant network; an internet, so to speak. This would allow to quick information travel throughout the nations of the world and promote the sharing of information and freedom.

voidstars.png

IC(Kiserre/General/NEA request): In the end, the Council declined the request. They felt that Kiserre was not under any threat of attack and so did not need any sort of mutual defence agreement. No sort of special trade agreement was need either.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC: Enya, the Anitalian computer company, also agreed to the Internet plan, setting up routers in Anitalian lands.Plans in the company were underway to reveal a device, that in the next few months could revolutionize computing and information storage.IC: Construction begun on two groups of the following units: M3, M4, and A2, as well as three groups of M1.

Edited by Toast of Awesomeness

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: The Astarians, who had constantly been calling for international standards, were fully behind this proposal.Begun installing infrared scan systems to compliment the coastal radar network.

-Rover

OOC: I'm back! =D

Name: AtranaHistory: Atranians have never exactly been the brightest bulbs in the shed. They took way longer to get even slightly cultured, and they are still learning about technology, but for the most part, are adapting to that fairly well. They will more often than not, however, just rely on hand-to-hand combat and brute force strategies. That being said, if they have a smart commander, then that could be changed. But that's not entirely a possibility.Cultural traits: Atranians are natural-born warriors. Not the swiftest group of people, of course, but they know how to handle governmental debates, surprisingly. That being said, their idea of becoming leader involves killing each other, so it's not totally perfect.Location: Continent 13.

Vehicle Class: Albiore IVehicle Description: This is a vehicle that looks similar to what commercial jet would, which is odd, since the Atranians both wouldn't know what one was, and probably wouldn't normally think up something that sophisticated, but miraculously, they did.Weaponry: The weaponry is fairly simple, using simple 30mm bullets, though the weapons are more or less just mounted on, and could be swapped out fairly easily. In addition, special belts have been created for the rounds, able to hold roughly 40-50 bullets per clip. They reused the machine-gun-like capacity of the normal autocannon turrets for the Tartarus, as well. They also carry two bombs per airplane, as well, to attack ships.Upkeep/Build time/Build Cost: 2 for 15 IP/12 DaysVehicle Class: Tartarus VVehicle Description: A watership that resembles the landing gear on Hydroplanes in design, but has a more practical use, as it can travel across the ocean as quick as the engine allows... Though that isn't saying too much.Weaponry: The weaponry for the Tartarus is rather intriguing; it has four anti-ship turrets, which contain larger 76mm bullets(In exchange for a slower firing rate), and 8 anti-air autocannon turrets, containing the 30mm bullets that was used on the Albiore.Upkeep/Build time/Build Cost: 25 IP/14 Days

-==IC: Atranians//Atrana//Continent 13==-"Hmm..." A group of people stared at a rough set of blueprints, and one person shook his head."No, no, no... This is all wrong! We must start over." The person stated, causing a bunch of angry whispers across the room."Start over?!" One brave man asked angrily, as he stood up suddenly."We've been working on this for two months now! And just when we're about to come to a decision you say to start over!? No, I won't accept that!" The man yelled out, as he drew a sword, causing the group to gasp, as the man walked over to the stunned person who spoke first, and stabbed him in the head, leaving the sword there for the moment."I take over the role as leader here, and say that we continue on!" The attacker said, causing a bunch of cheers to burst out around the table.OOC: Let's see... Accidental inactivity IP report:Super Province = Same, 80 IPCapitol State > Super Province(+20 IP) = Increase, 80 IP totalMedium Province x2 > Medium State x2(+25 IP x2) = Increase, 30 IP total eachTotal IP: 220 for four sectors.I'm sorry I didn't get to this sooner. *Hangs head in shame*/EDIT: Adding Nation profile as requested. Edited by XIII. Roxas

OOC: Atrona, Aquilonia, Antilia, Astaria. I sense a theme here...

-Rover

OOC: Hahaha, good point. xD It really was a coincidence too, since I made the profile for the civilization way back before the game was posted. I just procrastinated with stuff by accident, and, well... =PI'm sure that Alex was amused when approving everything. =P

OOC: Considering Astaria was originally named Aquilonia...IC:The Astarian First Shock Army was recalled from N-10; their excercises had located some excellent regions for colonization, including a large Titanium deposit in the north and a freshwater lake in the west.Meanwhile, the trio of P-11s were returning from Calderon to Astaria, and when three military planes approached the coast, they had a hard time missing one of the Zeppelins, given they flew at nearly the same altitude. Originally mistaken for a bird by radar, it was easy to tell that wasn't the case. One of the trio peeled off and began circling the Zeppelin, asking it over radio to identify while taking several pictures with the camera the plane carried.

-Rover

OOCTo catch Blade up with everyone else, since he did start in a bit late...IC [Atrona]Atronian engineers made massive breakthroughs in the industrial scheme of things, while similarly businesses experienced an amazing period of growth. Cities expanded, people had lots of kids, in general it was a great booming period of the civilization.OOCYour medium states are now Capital States, to catch up with everyone else. Start their growth period as if they just became Capital States today.As for you, Xom, I point you to Lloyd's post.

voidstars.png

OOC: Size of a couch? Seriously what?

-Rover

OOC: Size of a couch? Seriously what?

OOC: What, you thought it was the size of an fighter? If it was, it'd have the radar signature of a small Cessna. :w:

OOC: Xom, go and read the description of the zeppelins. They're not big manned ones like the Hindenburg, they're tiny remote controlled things.I think thats where the confusion has been stemming from, Xom has been assuming the zeppelins are normal zeppelin sized. Hence why he thought radar stations should be able to pick them up rather than thinking they were birds Edited by Armageddon Out Of Here

7AOYGDJ.jpg