R P G: Stríð Karla

Alex Humva

OOCYou know no nation on Earth has ever managed to stop the transfer of illegitimate money, right?wth. I'm having more fun this way. Also, assuming Astaria lets PVC and screws into its borders.IC [Astaria/Spec Ops]The special operations team was fairly well set; coming as tourists (and indeed, they did spend a fair amount of time touring the place), they smuggled in fairly ordinary items that by now the Astarian government must of been use to; PVC and some screws. The Stan team then went to work, gathering mundane items from various general goods stores, such as hair spray and potatoes, and began prepping for their mission.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: I'm not pretending to stop it, I'm just saying it's not worth the effort of the average citizen, since you really need the right contacts.IC:PVC was of course let in; the Astarians had recognized its potential for improvised weaponry, but it was also recognized that its legitimate uses far outweighed its illegitimate ones.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC [Astaria/PVC]The commandos were effectively set; the four members of the team each played their part. The sniper, the infiltrator, the spotter, and the distraction. It was a complex plan, involving a great deal of bravery, cunning, and luck. They all knew it, the sniper having spent the last few days working with his makeshift gun. While not particularly accurate, she had learned enough in the past days to get a good shot at twenty meters, The infiltrator spoke fluent Astarian, with just the right amount of slang to sound legitimate without sounding like a hipster. The spotter was carrying IR goggles and was trained in the art of stealth and concealment, while the distraction was prepped and ready to make a rather massive scene.OOCI'll post my response probably tomorrow, but in the mean time, what sort of security exactly are we talking here?

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: The Varangians passed over coffee completely, but made an attempt to trade magnetite for chocolate.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:The Astarians responded with interest: Astaria had little deposits of natural magnets, and their experience with the substance was limited to electromagnets. The deal was made, and Astaria smiled.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOCINDUSTRY REPORT:PROVINCES:~Super Province~Super Province~Super Province~Large State (Upgrade May 2nd)~Outpost (J-14) (Upgrade April 22nd)UNITS:4 teams of Spec-Ops/5 IP upkeep1 batch of Verndari/1 IP upkeepBASES:~D-18NATIONAL PROJECTS:LUNAR MISSION "LUMINOUS" 200 IP, ETA 26thBUILDING:TWO batches of Varnarmaðurinn ETA April 16thONE batch of Dauði ETA April 20thONE batch of Black Night class SLBMs ETA April 17thIP MANAGEMENT280 IP in production200 IP in national projects4+30+20=54 IP in building21 IP in upkeep5 IP availableIC [standast]The Stan colonization was going well; with thousands of their citizens ready to embark, and many manufacturing corps already shipping out prebuilt houses and buildings, the continent dubbed 'Europa' was being colonized. The climate was not as harsh as Standast, and Stan farmers soon found out that the crops that once could only be grown in special geothermic wells now could be cultivated across these new, fertile lands.As well, the Aquileon military finished negotiations with Stan weapons contractors. Fuel-air bomb tipped missile warheads would be coming off the Stan assembly lines soon enough, to be transported with the honor guard of an old Stan frigate.

Edited by Gaius Alex Humvus Augustus

voidstars.png

OOC: Alex, I own G17.IC: While the Anitalian flag had been planted over many areas, technically claiming them, only a small portion was actually settled. However, plans were underway to extend settlement the northern claimed areas within the month, hopefully solidifying Anitalia's grasp.OOC: If my claims run over anyone's feet, let me know. The map hasn't been updated.Provinces:Graeca and Northern Coast(G23): 80 IP, Super Province, largest city Konstantiniyye, Atena. (Started 2.9)Northwest Islands(G22): 60 IP, Capitol state, largest city Milano. (Started 2.9, Upgrades 5.3)Italoa and Central Anitalia(H22): 60 IP, Capitol state, largest city Roma (Started 2.9, Upgrades 4.26)Upper Turkiye(H23): 60 IP, Capitol state, largest city Ankara (Started 2.9, Upgrades 4.26)Lower Turkiye(I22): 60 IP, Capitol state, largest city Bursa (Started 2.9, Upgrades 4.26)Trakya(G17): Large territory, 10 IP, largest city Izmir. (Started 2.23, upgrades 4.19)Azerbaij(F16): settlement, 0 IP, largest city Baku. (Started 4.9, upgrades 4.16)330 IP totalMilitary Bases:Islands- G20(Crete), L23(Rhodos), O16(Karpathos), Q18(Kasos)Claimed- H17, H16, G16, F15, F14, F13, G15, G14, G13, E13, D13, D14, E14, E15R&D25 IP into genetic engineering.25 IP into powered armor.25 IP into cloaking technology50 into lunar launchVehicles:2 groups(3) M4 Aslans. (total 2 IP)1 groups(3) M3 Ejderha, (total 2 IP)1 groups(4) M1 Aygir, (total 1 IP)1 groups(3) A5 Taşıyıcı(total 1 IP)1 groups(3) A3 Serçe (total 1 IP)2 Kılıçbalığı (Total 6 IP)1 Space Shuttle, total 10 IPUnder Construction:1 Group(2) A1 Kartal (total 25 IP)(started 4.9, finish 4.21)1 Group(2) A2 Şahin (total 20 IP)(started 4.9, finish 4.21)1 Group(3) A5 Taşıyıcı (total 5 IP)(started 4.9, finish 4.16)1 domestic satellite network, 25 IP, (started 4.14, finish 4.28)Total: 330 IP – 213 = 117 IPInfantry:G23, 100 battalionsG22, 10 battalionsH22, 10 battalionsH23, 10 battalionsI22, 10 battalions.G17, 2 battalionsF16, no battalionsTotal: 142 battalions.Janissaries:2000.

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOCWell, derp on me then. I'll move to H-17 then.Also, Xom, you never gave me more specific security details on the coffee plantation.

voidstars.png

IC: Standast was informed that it had colonized a continental area claimed by Anitalia. While the Sultan would be gracious to his allies this time, it was asked that the Stans respect claims by Anitalia on future colonization. Standast was also invited to Anitalia to discuss how both parties could agree on claims that respected each other.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC:With no pomp and circumstance, the second Reverene rocket was launched; this date had been a secret, the flight plan hidden. The Helbrecht stood watch over the coast, and this launch was not broadcasted.

-Rover

Le Pays du Soleil/Kiserre Territory, Military, and Production Report130年6月Terr. - IP - #batt. - TSM - 0 IP - 0 - 1 weekST - 1 IP - 0 - 2 weeksMT - 5 IP - 1 - 2 weeksLT - 10 IP - 2 - 2 weeksSS - 20 IP - 4 - 3 weeksMS - 30 IP - 5 - 3 weeksLS - 40 IP - 10 - 3 weeks*CS - 60 IP - 50 - 4 weeksSP - 80 IP - 100- Gathering Colonists - Apr19Provinces (Kiserre - キセッル):M-22 (Ettare): LS - 40 - Jun1M-23 (Kiserre): SP C - 80M-24 (Shimaki): LS - 40 - Jun1N-22 (Arugerre): LS - 40 - May9N-23 (Beruji): LS - 40 - May9N-24 (Akitane): LS - 40 - Jun1Provinces (Euroupa - ユローパ):N-14 (Murelle): SS - 20 - May10Bases:L-21 (Harushima)Construction: "unitname" (IP-#)L-21:M-22:M-23:M-24:N-22:N-23:N-24:Units:Le Légion de Kiserre (28 bat.)—one Legion is ten battalions (unless stated otherwise) and any other attached units—1e Legion - M23- 6 Kuma MBT - 1 IP- 3 Suzume TransHeli - 1 IP2e Legion - M23- 4 Hyou IFV - 1 IP3e Legion - M24- 6 Kuma MBT - 1 IP- 2 Kakesu LiftHeli - 1 IP4e Legion - N225e Legion - N246e Legion - L21- 1 Fusiliers Aéroportèe - 1 IP- 3 Chuuhi AAS - 5 IP7e Legion - N14- 1 Fusiliers Aéroportée - 1 IP8e Legion - N239e Legion - N1410e Legion - M23- 1 battalion11e Legion - M2312e Legion - M2313e Legion - M2214e Legion - N2415e Legion - M24Transport:- 1 AVT-24 Hiryuu - 5 IP - N14- 1 AVT-24 Hiryuu - 5 IP - M23Navy:1e Task Force - L21- 1 Yoshikiri. frigate - 10 IP   - 2 Ajisashi ASWheli - 5 IP- 1 Yoshikiri. frigate - 10 IPOn Hold for Purchase:- 4 Hyou IFV - 1 IP- 6 Kuma MBT - 1 IPProjects:Digital Communication/Computer R&D - 25 IP - June 10NEA Moon Project - 50 IPIP Total:P: 80+40+40+40+40+40+20=300C: 300-25=275M: 275-10-10-5-5-5-5-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1=227R: 227-50-25=152F: 152misakaimouto

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOCXom.Ahem.This I have in my hand is what I call the Stopscrewingwithtimehammer. It seeks temporal vengeance upon those who mess it up. The next Reverene rocket isn't due until the 19th, as per this post. So yeah.

voidstars.png

OOC: I'd been devoting 50 IP to Reverene since the first launch, and then upgraded to 100 then.

-Rover

OOCYou never said that you were. Even assuming you did so, you wouldn't be able to launch until tomorrow.I'll give you a pass on this, but in the future, please announce that you're doing that when you do that, not three days afterwards. Also, Stan colony moved to J-14, in light of claimed lands.

voidstars.png

OOCGuys, not to nitpick here, but even though I'm letting Xom get away with build time fudgery, he still won't launch the rocket until tomorrow.

voidstars.png

OOC: Alright, tomorrow.Lloyd, it was 25 IP to something named PSI, which is clearly a secret project.IC:The Astarians, aware of the Waalrussian launches, requested their specifications for Satellite Communication, hoping to integrate the satellites they would eventually launch with another nation. There was no ulterior motive; the Astarians simply thought that international standards were necessary.

Edited by cardworkMagician

-Rover

IC: A group of scientists and diplomats were sent over to Anitalia in response to the offer.Due to it's remote location and lack of proper docking capabilities, Fillion had not been able to take many of the counties up on their products for some time. They now opened their doors to allow proper two way trade with the rest of the world. The different products were met with varying amounts of enthusiasm, but chocolate was by for he biggest hit. Fillion companies immediately started trying to recreate it, with varying amounts of success.Research was started on fiber optic wires.OOC:IP reportPROVINCES:A2: Skinhok- Small state-20 IP 4 battalions- Done April 16A3: Clinvel- Small State-20 IP 4 battalions- Done April 16B2: Meltat- large State-40 IP 10 battalions - Done April 16B3: Dacros- Small State-20 IP 4 battalions- Done April 16C2: Nytle- Small State-20 IP 4 battalions - Done April 16C3: Benser- Medium State-30 IP 5 battalions- Done April 16C7: _____-Settlement-0 IP 0 battalions- Done April 17UNITS:2 Seabhac helicopters 1 IP4 Iolar helicopters 6 IP5 Mathan tanks 1 IP10 Ga Solis anti-air vehicles 2 IPBASES:NoneNATIONAL PROJECTS: Hostligns Now April 13- done in 4 months 75 IPWeapons development 5 IPFiber optics- Now April 15 done in 1 month 25 IPWeapon development 10 IPBUILDING:NoneToal IP 125It did happen before I joined but I read everything before I did so.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: The Fillion scientists were greeted and brought to a government building in Konstantinyye. They met there a group of Anitalian scientists, in a room with various examples of Anitalian technology.The lead Anitalian shook the hand of his Fillion counterpart. With a slight accent, he started the conversation in Fillion."What would your government like in trade of your laser technology?"

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC:The Astarians, with the three chocolate companies competing madly in all these new markets, opened up an offer to Fillion's government; a discount on imported chocolate in exchange for help in refining Astaria's primitive Masers with Fillion's laser techniques.

-Rover

OOC: I wrote their name right there Xom, how are you still misspelling it :PIC: The Astarians were asked to be more specific. What exactly where they asking to have? What did they want for these 'international standards'? Because it sounded like they wanted to be given the specs for a Waalrusaan satellite and for that they'd have to payIC: While sailing west, the Waalrusaan ships had come across an island just south of the continent. This time when the ships came they were bringing concrete and metal as the island started to become an outpost similar to the one in T24OOC: Thats the island sort of in both R13 and R14. I don't think anyone's claimed it as I couldn't see it in any industry reports

Edited by Armageddon Out Of Here

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Because I'm on an iTouchIC:The Astarians responded that they simply wanted to integrate their own satellite network with their counterparts.

-Rover

IC: This proposal was seriously considered for a while. Then someone brought up just how paranoid and furtive the Astarians were, how quickly the pointed the fingers at others for the very things they themselves were probably doing.And so they declined the offer. If they allowed the Astarians access to their communications network they'd probably try twisting it for their own ends and use it for espionage against the Waalrusaan

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: I love how you expect the nation that has no spies or the like and no experience with real espionage besides the Reverene infiltrations to try spying on you, when I've made my hatred of spies quite clear. But at least you're being nicely realistic.Enough change in the last two days that I may as well put up a new IRIR:O-8: Super Province(80)N-7: Capitol State(60)[9/28]O-9: Super Province(80)O-7: Large State(40)[9/21]P-8: Medium State(30)[16/21]O-11: Small State(20)[4/21]N-12: Medium Territory(5)[7/21]Total IP: 295Projects:Reverene II Rocket(100)[6/7]Merinka(80)[5/21]PSI(25)[1/60]CDN(50)[1/30]IP Use: 255Standing Military:5 Crusader Helicopters(5)Helbrecht-Class Destroyer(10)50 Python MBTs(10)3 P-11 Interceptors(5)150 squads worth of Red Dragoon forces(3)B-9 Shadow(5)176 Boa Transports(4)100 Ruin Riders(1)IP Use: 38Total IP Use: 293/295

-Rover

OOC: The Waalrusaan don't know that you really are being spied on. So to them there is the possibility that the Astarians are just being wildly paranoid. They've done things like expel whole races from their country with very slender evidence, if any evidence at all, so on the political stage you've not exactly made yourselves look very reasonable.They'd be reluctant to do the same with the Aquilonians, if it helps, given that their response to accusations was to shout and bluster and call the Astarians names, which doesn't make them seem particularly reasonable either. Plus there is the slim chance the Astarians are telling the truth, in which case they're sneaky back-stabbing weasels :P

Edited by Armageddon Out Of Here

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: I'm quite aware of that.Just out of curiosity, does anyone besides me actually have naval warships?

-Rover

OOCLloyd has subs. Subs are cooler.I'll be building a missile frigate after the whole lunar madness things comes down, so yeah. Navies are just too expensive.

voidstars.png

OOC: I've got my destroyer and have laid the keel and superstructure for my cruiser.Submarines are cool, yeah, but not as cool as real life given they have to rely on Diesel.Alex, just one thing I'd like to bring up; you mentioned there's little to no Uranium or Plutonium in Strio, but have you considered Thorium? The stuff is about four times as common as Uranium, much harder to use to produce weapons-grade material, and much safer. If you let us work with it, we could have Nuclear powered navies and nuclear electricity rigs, but nuclear weapons would still be ridiculously impractical. The main reason I bring this up is to allow deep, months-long missions for nuclear submarines, rather than the weeks we're stuck with on oil. Lloyd, I think you'd appreciate that.

-Rover

IC(Kiserre/NEA Invitation): The Kiserran diplomats inquired what the terms of the alliance were.(Kiserre/Flumen): Currently, Flumen would be allowed to redistribute KoCom personal computers, game consoles, and television sets in Standast, with the Flumen label. Transport would be taken care of by KoCom, and modification of all systems to fit Stan standards (connectors, electrical, etc) would be done by Flumen.OOC: I'll try to get back to the Varangia goat thing if I can actually think of something.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOC: Are LST's assumed if I own tanks?IC: Budget-cutting and redesigns on Project Jormagund freed up some resources for other projects.~+~The Kiserrans were informed that it was a mutual defense and trade agreement.OOC: Alterations (cleared by Humva) to Jormagund have cheapened it from 50 to 30 IP. :w:

Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf

OOC: LST's?IC:An Astarian corporation, set up by the government to convert KoCom games to the Astarian language, contacted KoCom, requesting a license to create games of their own for the same system. The Astarians saw great potential in converting the complex dice mechanics and elegant storylines which were at the core of some of their games into computer formats.

-Rover

OOC: Landing Ship-Tanks. Things that can land tanks on a beach. Oh, you still haven't detailed what kind of security your coffee plantations have.IC: Three large merchant ships, flying the Stan flag, neared the Astarian colony on Europa. They claimed to be trading for coffee. :w:

Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf

OOC: I have a specialized fully amphibious tank, but I just realized that I haven't got a tank-deploying ship...IC:The trading ships, upon contacting the governor's office by Radio, were meekly pointed towards Astaria proper; the plantations were all on the homeland. The colonies were more focused on lumber, steel, plastics, and wine.OOC: The Plantation the Stans chose is protected by a lightly-armed internal security force, men with pistols and shotguns. There's obviously sensors of some sort, but without a man on the inside you can't really tell what sort they are.

-Rover