R P G: Stríð Karla

Alex Humva

OOC: The lasering bugs me, yeah, but I just don't like the whole fad. I'm being humorless about this, but that's how it is

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOC: Okay, great, good for you. I don't particularly like ponies either.This is kind of making fun of them.So get over it, quit whining, and enjoy the AF scenario.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Glad to see someone is enjoying it. Since Strith runs slower than other things and not everyone has had a chance to participate yet, I'll be keeping this rolling for a day or two. Normal growth of projects and provinces will continue but no actions will be taken (this includes space launches, Xom). In-canon it will just count as a few quiet months.:w:

IC(Kiserre/FIC): As the First Legion was already prepared for the training exercises, they were not ready for an attack that would require use of lethal weaponry. The Second Legion was rushed to northern Kiserre to defend Hitoshi while the First Legion converted its equipment back to standard configuration. The Second Legion took up defences in and around the city, most of the soldiers holed up in apartments buildings left empty from evacuation and the colonisation of Murelle. There were also Itachi armoured jeeps in the streets armed with the fast-firing AF-12 machinegun. Civilians were instructed to stay inside.OOC: I'll try to get an IC from a soldier's point of view either at lunch or later at home.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOC: I come back from a trip to find we are being invaded by Borgies! Killkillkillkillkillkillkill.FIC: Fillion had suffered ever so slightly less then the other countries due to it's laser technology. They were able to target incoming ships before they were able to come to ground, targeting weapon systems, drop pods and any other weak point in the armor of the oncoming hoard. Of course, all this did was give them a few extra hours to prepare. And prepare they did, reserves were called out, military and political leaders were sent to underground bunkers from where they could communicate to the forces in the field through landlines or normal radio systems. Several prototype mini-lasers were sent to the best marksmen in the army.A constant eye was kept on the sky to watch for the same orbital strike cannons that had hit Astaria. If anything of the sort was seen, every laser in the country would be focused on it, trying to find a weak spot that would spare them from whatever it was that they did.OOC: Oh and....INDUSTRY REPORT:PROVINCES:UNITS:2 Seabhac helicopters 1 IP5 Mathan tanks 1 IP10 Ga Solis anti-air vehicles 2 IPBASES: NoneNATIONAL PROJECTS:Refinement of weaponized lasers 50 IP done April 3Research of electromagnetic generators 25 IP done April 10BUILDING:4 Iolar helicopters 30 IP done April 3Toal IP used-109

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

FIC(Northern-ish Kiserre - Troops sent for war games): When the invasion began, the Varangian troops that had been sent to the Kiserran mountains took some time to convert their equipment back to standard-issue lethal munitions. While the re-conversion was underway, the commander of that combat-grouping sent a radio message to the Kiserran capitol, essentially asking for direction in the fight against the invaders - with Varangia out of reach, it had been agreed upon that the troops would defer to the nearest friendly authority.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IR:Industry ReportN-7: Large State(40)O-8: Large State(40)O-9: Large State(40)O-7: Large State(40) P-8: Medium State(30) [1/21]O-11: Large Territory(10) [5/14]N-12: Small Territory(1) [1/7]Total IP: 201Project: Project Reverene(100)[53/60]Two Crusader helicopters(10 IP)[6/7]Three Crusader Helicopters(15)(5/7) 176 Boa Transports(22)[4/7]IP Use: 125Standing MilitaryHelbrecht-Class Destroyer(10)50 Python MBTs(10)3 P-11 Interceptors(5)150 squads worth of Red Dragoon forces(3)B-9 Shadow(5)IP Use: 33Total IP: 158/201

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC: The Waalrusaan coastal defences were holding well against invaders so far. Didn't matter how advanced your technology was, if your footsoldiers got repeatedly struck by lightning they were going down. They were fairly useless against troops dropped from orbit though, but the cold mountains of Arctungaad were as much an enemy of any invader as the residents. The twining paths and trails provided ample opportunity for the troops or armed militia to strike at the aliens

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Am I the only one whose nation doesn't have natural invasion-proofing? Most of Astaria is either cities or farmland, with some tropical jungles(most was cleared during the industrial age)

-Rover

OOC: Let's see... Waalrusaans get ice and mountains. Varangia gets rocks and ice. Standast gets rocks and ice and mountains. Kiserre gets, at the least, mountains.Don't worry. We make up for having a passive-aggressive landmass that's got our backs by having to eat freaking potatoes all day. There are fifteen Varangian words for potato, and they all sound like "meh."**No, there definitely aren't, and however many there are don't sound like that.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Kiserre is like Astaria, but slightly more hilly and mountainous, and less of deforestation. Still has its fair share of open farmland.IC(Kiserre): The Varangian forces were ordered to move to the east and defend the port city of Firre. They would be joined by the Eleventh and Twelfth Legions as the First pulled back to Hitoshi.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOC: Oh man I should start exporting sugar.

-Rover

IC(Varangian War-Games Forces - en route to Firre): Acknowledging the orders from the Kiserran capitol, the Varangians went on the march, their helicopter providing air support and scouting ahead, ensuring that the enemy could not lay traps ahead of them - and keeping an eye in the sky for enemy reinforcements.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

FIC: The military started consolidating their forces onto three of the islands. They being Clinvel, since it was mostly mountains, Meltat since it had the largest concentration of people, and Nytle, for the network of sea caves that honeycombed the islands.Small hunter-killer teams roamed the islands, targeting leaders and weapons depots.OOC: My country is more invasion proof against more conventional armies. Tall cliffs wont help you much when the enemy is dropping from the sky. Most of the country is covered by rolling hills and forest. Don't ask me how the trees grow up there.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC: The seeds are carried by the cliff-dwelling predatory birds, while the trees live off the moisture whipped up by ocean winds.

-Rover

OOC: I was talking about how the trees and whatnot live on a group of large islands/small contents that are about as close to the arctic circle as any landmass on the planet, other then the main continent.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC: I'm pretty certain that nations other than Varangia have troops in Kiserre for the war games. If we're going to do this AF Scenario (and i vote that we make these shenanigans annual, with a different person hosting the scenario each time), we need to take it up to 11 on the defending side.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC [Kiserre]A full battalion of Stan troops was positioned in Kiserre for the games; while they hadn't come prepared for lethal combat, a Stan soldier always was ready. Well, not always, but it made for a good motto. Regardless they quickly adapted when the invaders came, somewhat confused that horses were raining from the sky at first but ready to fight soon enough. The back up weaponry they had with them held out for some time, the Stans taking up defensive points in the urban environment they were staying at until the games happened, and the stash of akdov they had brought along actually came in handy. A combination of Molotov cocktails, sparing usage of ammunition, and the occasional grenade made for an excellent defense, and the Stan radiopersonal were requesting instructions while the wall held.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC:Few had escaped the near-destruction of Astaria's military. But those few were the few that counted. A little over seven hundred Red Dragoon forces had fought their way to military planes and escaped to Kiserre. Nearly as importantly was a group that made quite an impression as it arrived. The Ruin Riders. Used similarly to standard cavalry, the Ruin Riders were a fast assault force. Unlike standard cavalry, they were not mounted on horses, but on a creature native to Astaria. The Pygmy Rhino. Screaming ancient war songs, anti-tank rifles thundering shots into the pony lines, the Ruin Riders tore gaping holes in the enemy formations, yelling with glee, as Red Dragoons moved to secure what the Ruin Riders cleared.OOC: RHINO CAVALRY BEATS PONIES!!! >: D

Edited by cardworkMagician

-Rover

IC [THE WORLD]The second part of the invasion had begun. With well over three million vessels of varying size surrounding the doomed planet, and the mothership not far behind, the invasion could begin in full. To the inhabitants below, being pelted by millions upon millions of the mechanized troops, that would of seemed absurd. All the same, it was about to get much, much, worse.There was a momentary reprieve in the onslaught, the defenders likely getting their hopes up. Then the attack began anew, orbital dropships descending through the atmosphere. Thousands upon millions came down, each carrying hundreds of troops. It would soon be realized that the planet was seriously screwed; these new ships carried the Brony Marines, fierce warriors whose armor could survive the impact of a small cruise missile. While the bodies began to pile high, the nations of the world soon found a very disturbing side-effect of the enslaving process. Not only was the target brainwashed and forced to turn against their comrades, small machines, nanites, were later injected into the system, completely changing the body into a mechanical equine. How that was even scientifically possible was pushed aside in favor of figuring out a way to fight this seemingly unstoppable force.Meanwhile, the Stan populace was fighting back. Even as the cities fell, the Stan civilians, using their vast knowledge of DIY PVC weaponry, had fortified numerous locations, and were actually slowing the invading force down with everything from PVC spears to homebrewed grenade launchers.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC:Upon first encountering the marines, the Ruin Riders and Red Dragoons recognized the metallic nature of their enemy, and brought out the Shout Guns which had been sparsely used beforehand. Cycling in frequency, the Shout Guns were capable of producing the precise resonance to shatter plates in the brony armor, sending shards of metal flying further into their enemies' bodies, leaving little but fleshy pulp as the Astarians headed towards Kisserre's capitol, knowing they would find either the center of the resistance or the center of the occupation. That would mean either allies to fight with, or things to kill. Either one was good.

Edited by cardworkMagician

-Rover

OOCI see you finally got your sound weaponry.IC [Kisserre]The unexpected ability to shatter the armor took some time to adapt to, but adapt they did. The elite Marines retreated from the Astarians, no doubt giving them a sense of victory while more cannon fodder charged at them. The ability to hit the precise residence frequencies of an object was a complex one, and while possible with the right gear was prone to failure if not properly conveyed through the air. High above storms began to form as advanced technology was put to work, and soon a storm had begun to form. The Astarian troops found themselves under a downpour, visibility low and their sound based weaponry working inefficiently. They could adapt to the water, probably, but it would make shattering the armor more difficult. The Brony Marines continued to strike, but now in small units, in hit and run attacks from all sides, using the rain to cover their movements and their speed to be gone before too many of them could be killed.The unexpected threat had also encouraged another part of the invasion; orbital bombardment was still underway, now increased against all the nations of the world. Unexpected technology could prove disastrous in this campaign; defeat was impossible, but the economics of the situation demanded that not too much cannon fodder be lost.

voidstars.png

IC:The Astarians, meanwhile, disregarded if even the weather itself had turned against them. The commander of the remaining Dragoons put it wonderfully."We have no hope to win. This world is doomed, and this people, doomed. We wage war not to win, but purely out of spite. Now go! Tear these aliens apart. Make them remember this world. Make them remember Astaria. Make them rue the day they chose to wage war on the human race!"

-Rover

IC: The laser technology of Fillion worked wonders to help stave off the orbital strikes, the stuff falling apon them was cut apart and, with a little improvisation, a good amount of the pieces were able to be diverted into areas that had already been taken by the enemy.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC [Fillion]Lasers would only work so long, however; equipped with armor from another world, it took heavy laser fire to bring down the relatively unarmored troop transports. With thousands descending upon the landmass, it would not end well.In all of this, however, there was a ray of light. Any government who stilled controlled their ground observatories would notice that something was going on with the ships in orbit; flashes of light and explosions suggested that they were under attack. Indeed, the invasion slowed down, allowing the militaries of the world to get a brief rest while the invaders fought with an unknown foe.

voidstars.png

OOC: Syrrinx want their Dragons back.

-Rover

OOC: Syrrinx got assimilated.IC: The reason Aquileon had been silent was because it could not even respond. It had been completely obliterated with several waves of Brony Marines and attendant other military units. A precision strike with an OFC had beheaded High Command and now there were only remnants of the military remaining.Meanwhile, the Collective had been prosecuting its assimilation campaign at every turn. The Astarians received more attention, as waves of Parasprites crashed over their lines in support of the Brony Marines. Artillery rained down on the defenders' lines, and they targeted units carrying sonic weapons first.~+~A black, shimmering ribbon of night streamed down from the sky, falling and coalescing into a tall, majestic and armored pony. Her dragon-esque eyes scanned the land of Standast, and she strode toward a nearby Stan camp. Her black wings flicked in agitation and her horn glimmered as she concealed her presence from the fleet above. :w:

Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf

OOC: So basically there's no hope of victory, and there never was. This is just robo-ponies beating the snot out of us with superior guns, superior numbers, and an obvious tactical advantage.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: My people have been, relative to everything else, not-so-hard-hit. The Stans need all the help they can get.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: No suggestions, no. I just misinterpreted that last arrival as yet another hostile.Also, since these guys can take a cruise missile, does that mean that my cannons would just bounce off of them?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

A cannon shell has a lot more energy in one Spot than a missile. It'll crumple the armor if not punch through

-Rover

OOC: In that case, anti-material rifles and shipboard cannons are almost certainly a go. As Xom pointed out, kinetic weapons like that pack a lot of punch in one spot, and mine are essentially scaled-up sniper rifles.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, if they're Spess Mehreens, a tank gun will cut through their armor entirely. AP 3 against 3+ saves

-Rover

IC: The lasers my not have kept the invaders off Fillion soil but it had slowed them down. Commanders on the ground split their commands into small groups, each with it's own commander to make sure that there could be no decapitating strikes through indoctrination. Arms were stockpiled in small amounts throughout the islands to allow the teams freedom of movement and a steady supply of weapons even if some of them were found.As more troops started landing, they found the area covered in landmines, grenades were tossed at them from cover and those that threw them ran before return fire could be sent. Even the civilians put a fight, using anything that could possibly do harm. From sharpened poles to molotov cocktails to hunting rifles to cars filled with mining explosives set to go off when the invaders passed by.

Edited by Silvan Haven

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IR: Two Crusader Helicopters built.

-Rover

OOCGentlemen.IC [THE WORLD]That ray of light was starting to be seen.Ten thousand ships; in galactic standards, pitifully small. But they were fighting like no other. Up against a force that outnumbered them 300:1, they were doing remarkably well, but alas the Ponies were not known for intelligence or strategy. Zerg rushing was their favored tactic, even though the more advanced of them could still think strategically. Alas, befriending all who came in your path meant you picked up quite a bit of stupid races along the way.Regardless, as the unknown vessels fought the invaders in orbit, the battle on the ground was beginning to seem slightly less one sided. Even though the enemies were still raining down in great numbers, the sheer amount of bodies was beginning to work against them. The city streets were piling so high with their fallen comrades movement was becoming difficult, meaning the well encamped defenders could pick them off in greater numbers. This was balanced out by the fact that there simply weren't enough bullets for all of them.[standast]The strange arrival had not gone unnoticed; at least, it didn't forever. Eventually an outlying spotter party took notice, radioing it in, then taking aim. They weren't sure why this enemy was coming in alone, but it was doubtful it was anything good.

voidstars.png