R P G: Stríð Karla

Alex Humva

OOC: Strio Karla Light, with one-third the fat and ten percent more sensibility.IC:With the new integration of Military Deployment and Military Supplies as a single branch of the Office of War, Astaria's forces could now maintain their military far better. One of the consequences of this was that the Office of War began looking to new horizons; particularly, they inquired about the ideology of the rebellion Black Crescent Empire. A resurgent empire could make an excellent ally of Astaria, guided by Astarian policies and following Astarian systems of government and economy. But this inquiry was of course made discreet; it wouldn't do to have others involved in the meetings.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC [standast]The fruits of Project Fallout were still being produced, but now with several cargo ships full of the materials. A cargo fleet had begun sailing between Standast and Aquileon, transfering the products of Project Fallout while also beginning to stockpile Stan weaponry in Aquileon. If anyone were to ask, they would be told it was a joint military operation for the NEA.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Fillion had been free of the storms long enough to join the international community in full. A diplomat was sent to the Forum of nations in Aquileon to propose the creation of an international colony. It would be neutral from all conflicts and would be a place for the scientists of the various nations to meet and compare notes for the furthering of science. The location could be decided by all those who wanted to send people to help found it.OOC: Basically it is a place to let anybody who wants to, pool IP and technological prowess into projects that they might have trouble doing by themselves.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IR:Industry ReportN-7: Large State(40)O-8: Large State(40)O-9: Large State(40)O-7: Medium State(30) [18/21]P-8: Small State(20) [18/21]O-11: Large Territory(10) [2/14]N-12: Settlement(0) [4/7]Total IP: 180Projects: Project Reverene(100)[50/60]Two Crusader helicopters(10 IP)[3/7]three Crusader Helicopters(15)(2/7) 176 Boa Transports(22)[1/7]IP Use: 125Standing MilitaryHelbrecht-Class Destroyer(10)50 Python MBTs(10)3 P-11 Interceptors(5)150 squads worth of Red Dragoon forces(3)B-9 Shadow(5)IP Use: 33

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOC: New construction projects included:

Le Pays du Soleil/Kiserre Territory, Military, and Production Report130年6月Terr. - IP - #batt. - TSM - 0 IP - 0 - 1 weekST - 1 IP - 0 - 2 weeksMT - 5 IP - 1 - 2 weeksLT - 10 IP - 2 - 2 weeksSS - 20 IP - 4 - 3 weeksMS - 30 IP - 5 - 3 weeksLS - 40 IP - 10 - 3 weeks*CS - 60 IP - 50 - 4 weeksSP - 80 IP - 100Provinces (Kiserre - キセッル):M-22 (Ettare): LS - 40 - May25M-23 (Kiserre): SP C - 80M-24 (Shimaki): LS - 40 - May25N-22 (Arugerre): MS - 30 - Apr11N-23 (Beruji): MS - 30 - Apr11N-24 (Akitane): LS - 40 - May25Provinces (Euroupa - ユローパ):N-14 (Murelle): LT - 10 - Apr12Bases:L-21 (Harushima)Construction: "unitname" (IP-#)L-21: Hyou IFV (4) - 1 IP - Apr6M-22: Hiryuu SA - 25 IP - Apr13M-23: Yoshikiri. - 50 IP - Apr11M-24: Chuuhi (3) - 25 IP - Apr11N-22: Hyou IFV (4) - 1 IP - Apr6N-23: Kuma MBT (6) - 5 IP - Apr6N-24: FusAéro - 1 IP - Apr2Units:Le Légion de Kiserre (28 bat.)—one Legion is ten battalions (unless stated otherwise) and any other attached units—1e Legion de Kiserre - M23- 6 Kuma MBT - 1 IP- 3 Suzume TransHeli - 1 IP2e Legion de Kiserre - M223e Legion de Kiserre - M24- 6 Kuma MBT - 1 IP- 2 Kakesu LiftHeli - 1 IP4e Legion de Kiserre - N225e Legion de Kiserre - N246e Legion de Kiserre - L217e Legion de Kiserre - N14- 1 Fusiliers Aéroportée - 1 IP8e Legion de Kiserre - N239e Legion de Kiserre - N1410e Legion de Kiserre - M23- 1 battalionTransport:- 1 AVT-24 Hiryuu - 5 IP - N14Navy:1e Task Force - L21- 1 Yoshikiri. frigate - 10 IP   - 2 Ajisashi ASWheli - 5 IPProjects:Digital Communication/Computer R&D- 25 IP - April 10IP Total:P: 80+40+40+40+30+30+10=270C: 270-70-25-25-5-1-1-1M: 162-10-5-5-1-1-1-1-1=137R: 137-25=112F: 112misakaimouto

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

s]IC:Island bases established on O-16 and F-2[/s]

Edited by cardworkMagician

-Rover

OOC: Oh dear...IS Q-18 available? And what about G-20?

-Rover

OOC: Also, how-about L-21 and T-24?

-Rover

OOC: I have a feeling no-one even noticed L-21. It's kind of out-of-the-way down there.IC:Astaria is laying claim to, and establishing bases on, F-2 and G-20

-Rover

OOC: Indeed I would have. Derp derp derp, and edited.So is anything happening on the international scene?

-Rover

IC: Press releaseThe secretive "Project Reverene" which has been the focus of conspiracy theories for the past ten years, has finally been revealed: a lunar program, with the first launch to occur next month. While Astaria waits for the proper arrangement of Terra and Luna, the rocket and the entire operation crew have been well hidden, to protect from sabotage.Initially, this statement would be met with disbelief: how would you hide the massive industry needed to support the rocket and workers? But foreign nationals and local second-guessers would be baffled-from an intelligence standpoint, the rocket was so well hidden it did not exist.

-Rover

I have 55 free IP, if I put it into sending satellites into space how long would it take?

OOC: Would be nice if someone could answer my question...Also, industry reportProvincesAivukus-Super Province-80 IP-100 BattalionsValenticaas-Large State (Upgrade Apr 12)-40 IP-10 BattalionsPontolis-Large State (Upgrade Apr 12)-40 IP-10 BattalionsGomphotaa-Medium State (Upgrade Apr 19)-40 IP-10 BattalionsOriensarctuu-Medium State (Upgrade Apr 19)-40 IP-10 BattalionsSeeshgaad-Medium State (Upgrade Apr 19)-40 IP-10 BattalionsTotal IP: 280Constructions45 Laanstreiker tanks: -45 IP6 Sturmackker: -30 IP1 Saastuusk-1: -120 IP (Complete Apr 9)Total Deductions: 195Free IP: 85Other: Outpost T24Now, this is before the new system, but I want to be sure I got the numbers right before I update. I divide my current IP costs by five, then round it to the nearest upwards multiple of five? So my tanks are 5 IP for 5, so now they're 1 IP for 5?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Upkeep cost for a single unit (X number of the vehicle, based on how many you can build in a batch), is the whole one-fifth-rounded of the construction cost (the IP I gave from the start).The tanks still cost five for five to build, but once they're built you they're only one for five.

Edited by Kothra: Sweetroll Thief
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

iC: The Aquileonese intelligence, however, was not really baffled--theoretical plans for concealing large projects were stored away in the event that they'd ever be needed--with the exception of one, the existence of which had been purged from the archives. It was the one now employed by Project Luminous.So Aquileon intelligence had, for some time now, presumed that the rocket which had been prepared was either concealed under a mountain or hidden beneath the sea (as the presence of oceanographers implied). One way or another, they weren't concerned.~+~Meanwhile, the first batch of Kestrels had been completed and one was equipped with the most recent laser cannon upgrades from Fillion, as a test platform. It would be going up at an unspecified but not far off time for a test run against retired weather balloons.OOC: Xom, I'd like very much to know what security measures you used for Reverene. I detailed all my for Luminous so that no one would make dumb assumptions about my security but you did no such thing, leading to endless problems for me.:w:

OOCMy apologizes for disappearing, school and all's been hammering down on me. IP report in coming eventually. In the mean time,~Power; for fifty IP and just unmanned weather/spy satellites, erm, I'd say you could get one up ever IRL week.IC [standast]The Stans yawned and continued on their way when the lunar project was announced. They couldn't care less about the moon, so if someone wanted to spend their money getting to it, so be it. All the same though they continued to transfer military supplies to Aquileon, as well as sending a diplomatic message asking if the deployment of three battalions to Aquileon would be acceptable.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: You don't know about the rocket's defenses; that's their strength.

-Rover

IC: The Aquileonese replied stating that three battalions would be acceptable.OOC: I mean OOC, Xom. I'm not even bothering trying to steal it anymore, why do you refuse to tell me how one of the best intelligence agencies in the world failed to get even the slightest detail except for the occupations (apparently not even the names) of the people involved?:w:

IC: As the Waalrusaan space project finally got off its feet, they sent word to the other nations. Partly as a polite mention so they didn't assume this was some beginning of hostilities, partly because the staellites they'd be putting up were for communication purposes. While they wouldn't have to chosen to put cloisters on other islands, the fact was that they existed, it made no sense to leave them cut off.There was also the possibility that the other nations would want to link their own pre-existing communications networks (should they have one) with the upcoming Waalrusaan network to let them converse more easily

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC [THE WORLD]High above the Earth, if you could properly call it that, high orbit satellites suddenly going offline. People looking up into the night sky would see bright lights flashing across the atmosphere, and those who were sunbathing in the day felt their skin start to prickle, probably a result of the radiation. Low orbit telescopes would soon see shapes, hundreds of them, THOUSANDS of them, orbiting the planet.Soon the ships began to lower themselves, many of them several hundred meters of length, into the atmosphere. Some stayed above though, and began raining flowery death on the planet below. Several metric tons of flora began to pelt the cities, and it was certainly not a way many would of thought how they would die. Even as the militarizes of the world tried to mobilize, a multispectrum transmission swept the world."We are the Ponies. Lower your weapons and surrender your populace. We will add your biological and emotional distinctiveness to our own. Your friendship will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."And with that terrifying message done the ships landed, mechanized equines marching out of the ships, heading to all the major population centers of the world.OOC Have fun, and should I disappear, Lloyd has reigns over the invasion, because it was his idea.

Edited by Gaius Alex Humvus Augustus

voidstars.png

OOC: April 1st...IC:The Astarian space Agency contacted its Waalrusian counterpart, asking first that some international standards be adopted, primarily a system for declaring locations in orbit. Details were also given on Reverene's flight plan, to avoid collisions. OOC: Lloyd; it's in the hollowed out Caldera of a dead volcano on N-6N-6 is now named Calderon

-Rover

Name: The Pony CollectiveHistory: The only thing that is known about these terrifying creatures is that they are from beyond the edge of the galaxy. From unspeakable abysses of space they come, assimilating all in their path. No one can withstand their might, from the cough-potato Scarins to the Goa'uld and their Jaffa warriors. All have been assimilated, and now they have come for Earth. Resistance is futile.Cultural traits: Friendship. It is at once their most powerful defense and their most terrible weapon. They turn their shoulder to even the most violent hater, and exposure to their all-forgiving friendship is enough to brainwash unsuspecting victims into indoctrinated drones, husks of their former selves. Each and every pony warrior has sworn eternal loyalty to Her Majesty Celestia, the God-Empress of the Collective. Her golden throne dominates the skyline of Equestria, the mysterious homeworld of the Collective.Location: EquestriaMilitary:Class Name: Ursa MinorShip Type: CruiserArmaments: The Ursa Minor is equipped with boarding shuttles to deploy Brony Marines to enemy ships, and Rainbow Lasers of Love to disable ships before conversion.Special Equipment: Each Ursa Minor has a corps of unicorns maintaining a shield around it at all times.Role: This is the primary frontline ship of the Collective. It prosecutes the conversion of foes in space.Class Name: Ursa MajorShip Type: CarrierArmaments: Ursa Major carriers depend on speed and agility to get to their target planets. They uses only Cake Point Defense Systems.Special Equipment: Each Ursa Major has a corps of unicorns maintaining a shield around it at all times.Role: Ursa Majors are responsible for the conveyance of standard drones, Parasprite fighters, Brony Marines and Orbital Friendship Cannons to a target planet.Class Name: ParaspriteShip Type: Aero-space FighterArmaments: Parasprite fighters are equipped with rapid-fire Muffin guns, able to punch through even the most durable of composite armor.Special Equipment: NoneRole: Airstrikes and harassment of enemy forces.Class Name: DragonShip Type: DreadnoughtArmaments: The Dragon is equipped with heavy Tolerance cannons, capable of penetrating any armor that has been developed to date. They also utilize Cake Point Defense Systems and Rainbow Lasers of Love as less-powerful weapons.Special Equipment: Dragons carry a corps of unicorns, maintaining a shield at all times.Name: Orbital Friendship CannonFunctional Description: The OFC is a system of six satellites which can be placed in orbit around a planet. Once they are set there, they can blast any location on that planet with a full spectrum of friendship, brainwashing anything in the area to complete allegiance to the Collective.Size Estimate: Each satellite is about the size of the Space Needle.Division Name: Brony MarinesDivision Description: The marines are the elite of the elite, comprised entirely of Collective members who have distinguished themselves in front-line battle. They are religious zealots who obey only the edicts of the God-Empress herself, and are equipped with the best enchanted armor and weapons that the Collective's unicorns can provide.Weaponry: Powered armor (capable of resisting a cruise missile strike) and portable Friendship Cannons.Name: Assimilation NanitesFunction: Nanites are injected into brainwashed or captured non-ponies, altering their biology over a period of time to become ponies themselves. Their minds are also suitable restructured to be willingly loyal to the God-Empress.Size Estimate: They're nanobots, what size do you think they are?Industry Report:??? Foundry Galaxy: 90*1012 IP??? Commerce Galaxy: 10*1012 days' less maturation time??? Garden Galaxy: 90*1012 CIPMilky Way Foundry Galaxy: 3*1012 IP5*105 Dragon Dreadnoughts8*105 Ursa Major Carriers20*1010 Ursa Minor Cruisers50*1020 Parasprite fighters.2.00001x10^11 Brony Marines8*105 Orbital Friendship CannonsOOC: So what if it's April First, lighten up, have some fun. The odds of this being worked into the canon are slim anyway, but then again neither is anything else that happens today.:w:

OOCYeah, seriously. It's not going be canon, so please get off the doom and gloom platform and just roll with it. Trust me, it'll be worth your while. If nothing else, think of it as training against a superior enemy in both weapons and numbers. Defeat is not a certainty after all, if you manage it correctly. Now, for funs!IC [standast]The invasion of robotic ponies was, to say the least, an unexpected twist in Stan history, but the Stans were fighting all the same. They did live on an icy wasteland after all, so even cyborgs would have trouble traversing the rough and inhospitable terrain. The Stan military was mobilized with something of a bad start, but quickly were fighting back, several battalions stationed in the major cities holding back the invaders, for now. All the while a powerful radio transmission was sent out to Aquileon; Standast was calling for aid.

voidstars.png

OOC: I freaking hate ponies, but I'll play along.IC:The Astarians replied that nothing was yet set in stone; the Astarians had several competing standards, but none had yet been officially chosen. And certainly if two nations accepted clear and logical standards, others would follow in time. FIC:The Astarian forces were better equipped than most to handle the invasion; while military service was entirely voluntary, the army was rather large for the population it protected. More importantly, between the heavy-caliber standard assault rifle and the Red Dragoons' Boltgun, the Astarian's rounds punched through armor that deflected most smaller bullets. The Helbrecht was also of great note, its massive missile assemblies punching ferocious gaps in enemy formations from far beyond the horizon. Tank backup was also a great asset against the attackers. Throughout the nation, a great cry of "DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA" emanated from the collective Astarian throats.

-Rover

OOCIt's Borg Ponies.And you get to shoot them.Blow them up.Use ****ing A-10s on them.If you hate them, then this isn't annoyance for you man, it's therapy.IC [Astaria]Even as the flora based orbital strike weapons continued to rain down on the nations of the world -Astaria in particular, possibly because of the detection of an advanced space program-, even more ships were arriving, until the sky was beginning to be blotted out by the equine vessels. The presence of elite battle Dragons in orbit, if anyone had encountered them before, meant that the lead mothership would soon be arriving with the commander of the attacking fleet on it.[Meanwhile!]A small weakness had been found, as the Stans boldly held off the invaders. Being partly robotic, and mostly brain dead, the ponies weren't exceptionally smart, except for the more elite and intelligent among them. They were prone to continually charge a well defended position until a more capable leader was able to divert and adapt, resulting in many loses. Of course, it was a very small one, seeing as billions were raining down from the sky.

voidstars.png

>Space Battle Dreadnoughts>Named DragonsSSSSSYYYYYYYYYYRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIINNNNNNXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!FIC:The Astarians soon realized, with the massive force centralizing on them, that their nation was doomed. Communications went out across the globe, pleading the other nations to watch Astaria's fight; if ten thousand years of Astarian history were bound to end, it would teach the other nations to fight this new enemy. The Astarians soon began targeting the pony commanders, annihilating the command units with focused firepower, and slaughtering the less effective drones afterward.

-Rover

IC [standast]Even as other nations fought valiantly, Standast was falling. Their coastal cities were being assimilated, the military on the run as they pulled the final option. Truck based missile racks launched on the coastal cities, unleashing a flood of chemical weapons. It caught the invaders unaware for a while, but they quickly adapted and filtered their respirators, and continued the assault. With the coasts gone the Stans retreated further into the mountains, even as orbital troop drops began to pinch their defenses.One Stan farmer, though, had remained on the outer coasts. The military called him the Night's Curse; armed with only an old bolt action sniper rifle, he had killed thousands of the invading ponies, and had yet to be captured.

voidstars.png

IC: [Orbit]As if the might of the Collective was not yet enough, the fabric of space and time twisted, contorted, and exploded as yet another dreadnought arrived on the scene. This one was unique, however. It was the Celestia's Grace, the flagship of the Milky Way fleet and the base of operations for its commander."Admiral on the bridge!" The bridge crew came to attention, turning to face the door and saluting as it hissed open. The Admiral entered, looking around at her troops."Carry on." She said. "Status report.""The world shows little signs of resistance, Admiral Sparkle." The Executive Officer reported. "No orbital weapons have been employed. I doubt that they have even developed them yet.""Good." She said. "I don't like causing anyone pain...I wish they'd surrender peacefully. No one would have to die.""That is the curse of dealing with less advanced races, Admiral.""I know, I know...but I still think there could be a better way. Where is the resistance heaviest?"The Executive Officer pointed to a spot on a map. "Here, ma'am. Converted locals have indicated that the place is known as Astaria.""Hit their capital with a narrow-beam Friendship Cannon shot. Hopefully that will convince them to surrender.""Aye, ma'am. Deploy the Orbital Friendship Cannon!"A call came from the comm station. "Aye aye. Sonic Rainboom, you are clear to deploy OFC."~+~Six long cross-shaped satellites detached from the body of the carrier Sonic Rainboom, maneuvering jets flaring as they slowly rotated into position. In the Orbital Friendship Cannon control center, a display read:

GENEROSITY: OFFLINELOYALTY: OFFLINELAUGHTER: OFFLINEHONESTY: OFFLINEKINDNESS: OFFLINEMAGIC: OFFLINE

Slowly, each one blinked to an "online" status, and the controller spoke. "Firing OFC at designated coordinates. Narrow-beam strike only." She pressed the button, and outside, the satellites lit up. Thaumaturgic energy crackled down their lengths and lanced out in beams of colored energy.In the capital of Astaria, a bright light blinded the whole populace, striking through their bodies and into the very core of their being. It reached down into their souls and altered their very selves, obliterating the ill will they held for others and replacing it with all-forgiving friendship. Seeing what their countrymen were doing to the new arrivals who wished only to spread friendship and love, they took up arms to try and help the Collective.OOC: I cannot believe I am writing something this off-the-wall.:w:

OOC: I've got a nation full of Simo Häyhä*, and you give me a massive invading army with superior numbers.Bwa all the hahaha.*Or, if you prefer, the Boers of South Africa, who had a similar cultural obsession with marksmanship.FIC: When the enemy began to land in Varangia, they were confronted with a decidedly unpleasant surprise - the Varangians, taking advantage of the unpleasant terrain and the national obsession with marksmanship, quickly took the fight to the enemy, attacking those forces that had landed with high-grade anti-material rifles, while the harbor guns, patrol boats, and helicopters sold to the Varangian military by the Kiserrans assaulted the enemy landing craft, using precision cannons against the armor of the invaders, all those on board determined to keep Varangia free from any alien influence.Meanwhile, an edict had gone out from the Palace - death, it was decided, would be preferable to capture at the hands of the enemy. All those captured or converted were to either terminate their own lives, or, if unable or unwilling to do so, hope that their comrades were more steadfast in their opposition to these invaders.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

This_is_stupid_Large.gifOOC: It's not the ponies I hate. It's the fact that people obsess over the Ponies, to the same extent as Homestuck or Hetalia(the fans of those two bother me as well)

-Rover

OOC: We're making a crack at how everyone tries to bring ponies into everything by portraying them as the Borg, with a few of the sensibilities of that Imperium of Mankind that I've observed in their fans. You are a humorless curmudgeon, to use the words of Rover. Lighten up. Just because you god lasered from orbit doesn't mean you should whine.Would you rather spend a day with complicated D20 mechanics that we hide from you?:w:

OOC: No, of course not.I, on the other hand, would like to hear the other side of the fisticuffs in Varangia. I've got money on the invaders, naturally, but it's not so much that I'd be too put out if my side won.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom