Excellent input guys. You didn't have to but you did it anyway. AWESOME!I'm starting to lean back to the original style. I think what threw me off was that i gave the bubble an outline. And I didn't like it. XPI have something else to show you.What do you think of this logo?softies_logo.pngWhat does it look like to you?What comes to your mind when you see it?(this are questions we ask ourselves in Typography class)

Comic 1 previewTwo things :Yes, it will be painted. And this is a very very very very rough version. The final idea is FAR more detailed, and its gonna take...probably all week to do it. This image is backed up, its actually supposed to be zoomed in. And as you can see in the bottom right corner of the picture, you'll see something familiar. This bad boys gonna be a big one. And for good reason, it has to be for what I've got in stalk for the comic's plot.

Edited by Calvirick

CS6. Got it this semester for my illustration class. "So swift...so tender..." I could just eat it up. I use it everyday!And for the comic, I'm really wanting this to be awesome. I will not let it go until I'm able to walk away happy. And right now, it needs so much work.

What does it look like to you?What comes to your mind when you see it?(this are questions we ask ourselves in Typography class)
It looks like an abstract version of Cal and Poco facing each other ... and Poco's got a grrrr face or something ...
O.Othats awessoooommmmmmeeeeee ....Can't wait!

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

-----------------------------------------

Okay, so I've just been back on after who knows how long of a hiatus because hey people are coming back and God knows this forum needs it.Nice to see the updates, Cal. I was going to respond to your PM, but I figured that with all of the updates you've made lately, I might as well just comment on the stuff you've done and continue on from there where others could perhaps build on it.First off, I'm glad you're sticking with the chibi style. That is a fundamental base of this series and it's why I loved viewing this. I also loved the presentation of your panels, how they seemed to be taped to a posterboard.As far as text goes, I actually really liked the old text, especially with the sort of half-faded square word bubbles. Very nice retro feel. Change is also good, though, and I think you would benefit from experimenting with each one. Out of all of the ones you've given, definitely a veto on the pixel fonts in 1 and 4. They don't fit the style and kind of distract you from everything else going on. The text and the content need to flow with each other.2, 3 and 5 I'm all in favor of. I honestly can't say which one I like better. They all fit the artwork and compliment it well. What it really does come down to is what kind of impression you want to make with the viewer. Never underestimate the effect typography has on how the reader views your comic. You have a lot more freedom with this since your style is more distinct than most other series, but the effect will vary as to each one.2 has a sort of old-school feel to it, what with the typewriter feel and all, as well as (and this is only me personally) seems to carry a bit of a sarcastic overtone. 3 is more retro than old-school, which fits in fantastically with the art style (single tone color, saturated pallet), but also appears more loud and bombastic, like everyone is shouting or overstating what they're saying. 5 has nice, varied and wavy lines that echo the handdrawn graphics and compliments them the most, but it also makes things look a little scratchy in nature and may or may not end up being harder to read than the others.Each of those makes the series appear different, and its up to you to figure out what its supposed to be and what you want the reader to think alongside it.The painted backgrounds are extraordinarily well done, and they're something I wish I could do myself. Granted, the rest of the series has, up to now, has had a very dirty, grunge feel (which was punctuated by the contrastingly clean artwork, graphics and text), so I'm not sure how the painted will go alongside the rest of your backgrounds. Unless, of course, you're completely redoing all of them, but that would also arguably change the entire look of the series. I've loved the contrast between the art and the backgrounds before, so while I'm interested to see what will come of it, I'm also kind of hoping for the original look to continue.That's pretty much all I have to say at this point. It's nice to see you back. People coming back usually inspires me to make some sort of revival, so you might be seeing more of me around, depending on how long you stick around. Like I said, this forum needs it. T!lted was one of the best series I've read on here and I'm more than looking forward to its return. Hit me up if you need anything. I'll be around.Ciao.Oh, and you can get rid of all your PGSes as long as they're not me. ;)

• 8 months later...

Hey!

Ya'll remember when I mentioned something about promises?

Well, ya, I didn't keep it. I don't even remember what painting I was referring to earlier... :dontgetit:

Anyway, long story short, for my Graphic Design studies, I've been trying to build my portfolio, and to keep my artistic energies alive, I reconsidered the comic section again. But I'll be real with ya'll, I haven't come up with any idea yet, but I was just making sure ya'll are still here....Ya'll make it fun to do this sort of thing.

Anyway, Tilted or a different running title might return, but I'm still not sure yet.

I'm honestly surprised to see you still lurking about.

Though to be double honest, it's a nice change.

Using comics to work on your portfolio sounds like a neat idea, since I do remember your work always being visually appealing.

I'm sure you'll think up some ideas.

Still nice to see you around here again, Calvirick.

lovewarconga2.png

UPDATE TIME:

I still am a very social person. And the truth of the matter is that the actual creation process hasn't started. Most of the days have been composed of working as a Barista. However this week coming up should be a lot more free. (college work doesn't begin until the 26th)

I have already constructed 9 comic sketches. It's a process I've used over the years to makes strips.

I'll need to go back over them and find the ones that might be too controversial, edit the ones I will use, and then finish the Design look of the front page.

I'm still keeping the Tilted title, it's too well known at this point to be permanently forgotten.

I want there to be an open ended discussion though about these comics. It's part of how artists get their work professionally critiqued.

Besides the fact that they are "squishy", do you all want me to go back to making daily strips? (yes, I was the one that originated that concept) I think that might be the better idea. Quality of the Squishness might go down to save time, but I could definitely work out a system. When there's a will, there's a way...as they say. HAHA