What would the Dark Hunters do after moving to Spherus Magna?

Hi, guys. After Bionicle’s 2010 story arc, where Spherus Magna is restored, everyone from the Matoran Universe moved to the planet. That includes the Dark Hunters. They are all scattered, so their leader called the Shadowed One is gathering them. He also recruits villains from Spherus Magna (maybe not the Great Being who pretended to be Velika since that guy is the new main antagonist after Makuta Teridax).

I would think that the One would recruit some MU villains, like the Barraki (again), Zyglak, Vortixx, mutated Toa Hagah, Protocairns, and Frostelus. He would perhaps recruit Gaardus as well since Gaardus doesn’t like Matoran. Well, there are some Dark Hunters who left the organization, so since the MU is no longer inhabited, the One would want to convince these people to re-join the Dark Hunters as well since Spherus Magna is a new place for the Dark Hunters, and they don’t know what the planet is. I mean, think about it. The Shadowed One lost many of his soldiers to Teridax and his minions, so he would think about that. The Shadowed One is power-hungry, after all. 

However, there are a number of ex-Dark Hunters who have their own situations. Some joined the Barraki’s armies, but I would be sure the One would be fine with that since he would make an alliance with the Barraki again. Amphibax would re-join Ehlek as well since he was Ehlek’s lieutenant long ago. The Piraka were used to create a golden-skinned fusion. Vezon is in Bota Magna. There are Dark Hunters revived in the Red Star, but are trapped in there. Also, there’s Mimic, who would be reunited with his female companion. However, the Shadowed One would kidnap the female, so he would force Mimic to re-join the Dark Hunters.

Also, I believe there are some Dark Hunters who would want to rebel against the Shadowed One. I would start with Tyrant since he tried to usurp the One long ago. He would recruit some Dark Hunters. Here are his potential recruits:

1. Conjurer - He wanted to take over as the leader of the Dark Hunters. He lost his tail, so he would want revenge of the Shadowed One for it. He is in a coma, so the Shadowed One would have the Hordika Dragons wake him up. Then, Conjurer would make an alliance with Tyrant.

2. Darkness - Darkness wants to kill the One if the One gets weak, despite having warned five of the seven Dark Hunters who would then become the Piraka about the Shadowed One knowing their attempt to rebel against the Shadowed One long ago. 

3. Gatherer - He was kidnapped by the Dark Hunters when he was an Onu-Matoran. He was forced to join the Dark Hunters.

4. Primal - He has a strong sense of justice, and he would kill Dark Hunters that the One assigned as Primal’s partners.

5. Seeker - He would become aware of the location of the Mask of Light and the Toa Hagah, so he would betray the Dark Hunters.

6. Shadow Stealer - He killed Dark Hunters that got in his way.

7. Vanisher - He killed Dark Hunters that he was partnered with.

Tyrant and his group would rebel against the Shadowed One, and they and the Shadowed One would fight each other. Do you think the Shadowed One would convince them to re-join the Hunters to let them live and learn a lesson in life, or just kill them? They cannot get revived by the Red Star if they are outside the Matoran Universe, anyway. Plus, since this is Spherus Magna, I think people would sort of change their policies due to them not being in the Matoran Universe, anyway.

Edited by Lenny7092
Fixing some mistakes.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

What becomes of the Dark Hunters on Spherus Magna would depend heavily on what kind of society it is that Spherus Magna ends up being. In the real world, at least, organized crime is most influential in places where the legitimate government doesn't or can't provide protection to its people. In Spherus Magna, we could be looking at a New Republic-type situation in the current Star Wars canon, where they're really just letting the First Order grow right under their noses.

The Shadowed One isn't going to let people leave his group if he can help it. In the MU, leaving was a big no-no. If you're a Hunter, you're a Hunter for life. The only way I could see DHs leaving in meaningful numbers is if Spherus Magna society is willing to take them in and give them protection and something to do. Maybe they will, but BIONICLE has traditionally leaned very heavily into the "Beauty Equals Goodness" trope. Who knows, this could be the foundation for a great fanfic.

I think it's interesting you focus on Tyrant. The impression I got from him is that he's a small-time punk who is only really impressive against Matoran. The Shadowed One could kill him in five seconds if he tried to, and Tyrant knows it. I'm not sure if the DHs moving to Spherus Magna is going to change that. Tyrant is no fool, he knows TSO is more powerful than him, that's why he spends so much energy biding his time and planning. Maybe the move to a new planet will give him the push he needs to make his move. I feel like it wouldn't work out too well for him, though, and it would be a pretty anticlimactic end to an interesting villain we never got to see in-depth.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

A lot of beings who are part of the Dark Hunters are outcasts, mutants, or one-of-a-kind beings. They didn't fit in with the rest of MU society before, and they certainly won't now after all of the crimes they've committed. I'd expect them to close ranks and bolster their forces with other outsiders and exiles like the Barraki and Skrall.

Anyone stupid enough to step out of line and challenge The Shadowed One is likely just going to get disintegrated. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

• 3 weeks later...

People wanted to hire dark hunters before and they will want to hire them again. The dark hunters exist as long as there are beings who are willing to pay for their services and now their is a whole new clientele with the inhabitants of both Bota-maga and Bara-maga.

Edited by Onvermel
  • Like 2

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp