Makuta raider forces

Toa Jaxus

From what I recall, the Brotherhood Of Makuta mainly used Exo-Toa suits and Visorak. They probably had other rahi species they used sometimes, and after Shadow Leeches were invented they might have used Shadow Matoran on occasion.

Prior to the war, they likely hired Dark Hunters to do their dirty work as well. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

• 2 weeks later...

Why are Rahkshi being removed from the equation? The breeds like Lerahk and Vorahk seem ideal for raids. Other than them, Visorak, Dark Hunters or corrupt Toa seem like who they would use. Exo-Toa strike me as too clunky and uncreative.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

23 hours ago, Master Inika said:

Why are Rahkshi being removed from the equation? The breeds like Lerahk and Vorahk seem ideal for raids. Other than them, Visorak, Dark Hunters or corrupt Toa seem like who they would use. Exo-Toa strike me as too clunky and uncreative.

The idea I was looking additional forces than just Rahkhshi for a rpg one shot.

12 hours ago, Toa Jaxus said:

The idea I was looking additional forces than just Rahkhshi for a rpg one shot.

Fair enough, but I really think, nine times out of ten, Rahkshi are going to be the backbone of any typical Makuta operation. If it's before the Great Cataclysm, I could see Toa Hagah or Dark Hunters being used. Or, perhaps a unique servant, like Pridak or Sidorak and Roodaka.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

1 hour ago, Master Inika said:

Rahkshi are going to be the backbone of any typical Makuta operation. 

Not necessarily. Rahkshi are costly to create, since Makuta have to use some of their own antidermis to create a Kraata, and it takes two Kraata to make a single functioning Rahkshi. Kraata also start off very weak and only grow in strength with time and experience (and only those with a random, rare mutation can get to Shadow Kraata level). 

Given the amount of time and resources it takes to make a powerful Rahkshi, it's probably quicker and easier to construct some robots or brew up some ravenous rahi. Even Teridax sent several waves of other servants at the people of Mata Nui before deploying his Rahkshi, and even then he only sent out a handful of them despite having had centuries to make as many as he wanted. 

In answer to the original question, I did some skimming and found some examples in lore than give a good indicator of the variety of troops Makuta used, and how they liked to use them. From a flashback scene to the day of the Barraki's defeat:

"Pridak and the others joined him to view a shocking scene. A massive army had suddenly appeared from the north and slammed into the legions. The attackers were Toa, Exo-Toa machines, Rahkshi, and Rahi beasts, an invading force tens of thousands strong. Unprepared to mount a defense, the Barraki’s legions were falling like stone walls before a Kikanalo stampede."

From Piraka flashbacks to the Dark Hunter-Makuta war: 

"Reidak was a happy Dark Hunter. He had been posted to the south wall of a Dark Hunter fortress for the last day and a half. His orders were simple: Anyone or anything that tried to get over the wall was to be crushed, stomped, flattened, and otherwise discouraged from trying it again. So far, he had gotten to practice his favorite hobby – destruction – on a squad of Rahkshi, one suit of Exo-Toa armor running on automatic, and a dozen Rahi wearing infected Kanohi masks that controlled their actions."

"Dark Hunters flooded to the walls to defend the fortress, but the scene quickly devolved into chaos. Visorak Oohnorak used their power of mimicry to shout out contradictory orders in the voices of Zaktan, Ancient, and even the Shadowed One. Vohtarak made berserker charges at the base of the walls, trying to punch holes in the stone. Boggarak scaled the walls, launching their spinners and turning defenders to dust."

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Thanks for everything; thinking along the lines of One evil toa (not sure of element yet, but possibly plamsa), his/her 'brother' toa hordika (kept on the end of a long electrified chain), two Rahkshi, some ex-toa and a several Rahi as the main force and a forgotten group of Blade Borrowers and their Rahkshi handeler that got left behind on a previous expedition and will by under the ground to launch an ambush on everyone.