Happy Halloween!

Master Inika

Happy Spooktober, fellow BZPers. This is a topic to discuss nostalgic Halloween memories and the holiday in general.

I'm a Zillennial, so Halloween for me was really determined by pop culture. Scary Godmother: Halloween Spooktacular and Billy & Mandy's Jacked-Up Halloween are my favorites and I usually watch them each every Halloween online now.

As for costumes, I have been: Dracula, Toa Hordika Vakama, Tsar Nicholas II (the final Russian emperor), Boba Fett, and a giraffe hunter (as an inside joke because my friend was a giraffe that year). I finally splurged for a nice costume from a real costume store a few years ago and have been Obi-Wan Kenobi ever since.

As for candy, I like Kit-Kats, York bars, and Skittles. Three Musketeers are okay, but Reese's Cups are overrated if you ask me. Even though my deteriorating dental health makes eating any of them a little less enjoyable now.

• Like 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

IT'S THE BEST DAY OF THE YEAR. 

I also went as Toa Hordika Vakama once, but nowadays I mostly just dress up as a ninja and hand out candy.

My favorite candies are York peppermint patties, Reese's, and anything chocolate.  I avoid anything really sticky like Dots or Tootsie rolls because they're the worst for your teeth.  :/

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

I have to admit, this was the first time I've ever heard of the term "Zillennial." :P

To me, it's the second best holiday. It's perfect out, not too cold (where I live), and it's nice to see all the fall decor. I don't ever dress up, I'll just watch some scary movies and eat some candy. I like the marshmallow Kit-Kats the best, though I try to hold off on that so I don't ruin my teeth. :c

Not really a Halloween celebrator over here - a combination of it not being as big a deal generally this side of the pond, my parents not being fans of it, and me not liking 'scary' stuff as a kid anyway - but I did dress up as Lewa Mata one year when several of the local churches got together to run an "alternative" party on Halloween with a jungle theme.

I must have been 10 or 11 at the time, I suppose? There were instructions to make your own Toa costume out of cardboard on the Lego Club website - mask, chestpiece, hand, and weapon, worn over appropriately-coloured clothes - and while the guide was actually for Tahu I adapted it for Lewa to fit the party's setting, since really the only major changes that necessitated was the colour and making a cardboard axe instead of sword. I also talked a friend who was going to the same party into being my Turaga Matau, and likewise made the cardboard mask and staff for him to use.

We've always kept candy on hand to give out, though, even if we didn't participate beyond that. Not seen many trick-or-treaters doing the rounds in recent years though, so we usually have plenty of leftover to munch throughout November, which is always a nice bonus! I've got a bag of chocolate to hand out here now that I've moved out, too, although I don't really anticipate getting many visitors either: my current place is a little removed from the main residential streets. Still, I'm prepared just in case ^^

No costume though. I like the idea, but it doesn't seem worth the effort when no-one is going to see it xD

• Like 3

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

This was my first Halloween after graduating college and entering the workforce full time. My organization told us No Costumes (and used the inflatable T Rex costume as an example of what not to wear), but said that shirts were okay. So I wore a pair of black jeans and a green and black striped shirt originally from Hot Topic, but which I found used at a thrift store for 50 cents. I looked somewhere along the Shy Ronnie-Kurt Cobain-Beetlejuice line. The office was mostly empty that day, but someone did bring in a cake for the people that were there. No trick-or-treaters. The last time I had those was living in the dorms my first year of college, where I gave each of them a bottle of sparkling water.

In past years, I've often been a simple vampire, but I've also done more thrown-together costumes as well as better planned ones. I've been a werewolf, Coach Z, The Heavy Weapons Guy, and my personal favorite from 2017, The Headless Horseman with a real pumpkin head. Apparently I was a trendsetter with that one too.

I enjoy Halloween a lot. ^_^

• Like 1