March Raffle Celebrates LEGO Star Wars 25th Anniversary!

BZPower is thrilled to announce an exciting raffle for the month of March. As part of the ongoing celebrations for the 25th anniversary of the LEGO Star Wars collaboration (yep, we totally planned this), BZPower is giving away the iconic LEGO Star Wars set 75108 Clone Commander Cody! Entering the raffle is as easy as navigating the Kessel Run! Simply visit the official raffle page and follow the instructions to participate. Remember, the Force is strong with those who enter! May the bricks be with you!

View the full article

• Like 1

2 hours ago, confused piraka said:

so it's impossible?

Now that I think about it, they didn't specify "in less than twelve parsecs." Perhaps the Kessel Run is easy to navigate given more time, and it is only impressive if done under a certain time constraint.

Either way, I already have this model (it is a good one) otherwise I probably would have entered myself.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

5 hours ago, Master Inika said:

Now that I think about it, they didn't specify "in less than twelve parsecs." Perhaps the Kessel Run is easy to navigate given more time, and it is only impressive if done under a certain time constraint.

besides how long is parsec? if it's like a few years I could walk the kessel run

image.gif.f0b625d4fc4c82b928516a036fc1cf5a.gif

30 minutes ago, confused piraka said:

besides how long is parsec?

That's the confusing part. A parsec is actually a measure of distance, not time. 

• Like 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

It's interesting to note that, according to original intention, a parsec not being the correct unit of measurement was the point. The published movie script suggests that Han is just making stuff up to wow what he sees as two ignorant locals, so he doesn't care if it's accurate as long as it sounds impressive (which would make his insistence in TFA on the twelve parsecs thing funny if this was the case: "these may be made-up facts, but they're MY made-up facts and dang it you're going to get them right!"). The script even says something like "Ben reacts to Han's attempt to impress them with obvious misinformation" in its directions.

This intention, however, wasn't well understood from the final movie. So we have works in both continuities (Rebel Dawn, third novel of A. C. Crispin's Han Solo trilogy; and the movie Solo) making a point of explaining and justifying how that could actually work: in the explanation that I remember better (the novel one), the Kessel Run goes through the middle of an improbable cluster of black holes, and Han sheered dangerously close to them on one run and in taking that risk managed to achieve it in a shorter distance because of how the black holes warped the space around them.

Edited by That Matoran with a Vahi
  • Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

• 2 weeks later...