Runescape Thread 4

KayTee

It's late night in the realm of Runescape when suddenly a little clan party turns into the frightning... HALLOWEEN PARTY 2011 ! ! ! (Thundercrack)Me, Exo, Talakal and Law met up at my house, dressed in costumes and killing my iron dragon/confetti. Frog Necromancer (Tala), Vegeta (Law), Bazooka Reaper (me) and N00000B (Exo). Looks chill enough but suddenly...halloween1.png The whisperings of EVIL lures them into the Forbidden Wilderness where one should stay away during.... HALLOWEEN (2011™)halloween2.png They feel a need arise. To find a pure player and split his skull to perform the Ritual of Ridiculousness!halloween3.png The blood of the innocent has been spilled and this the ritual has begun! The loot was shared amongst the partygoers, but they were not aware of what they unleashed upon this frail world during a terrifying HALLOWEEN NIGHT (2011)halloween4.png The group summoned long forgotten and arcane clan members to help them prepare for the final part of the dark ritual...halloween5.png But first a quick intermission by visiting an old BZPCHAT-HIDEOUT®, the Wilderness Ship!halloween6.png Unfortunately, all good parties must end and thus the now massive gang prepared to preform the final part of the ritual... The sacrifice of a SINNER ! ! !halloween7.png Fighting erupted and in the end the very host of the initial party was sacrificed in a dark ritual which summoned the Grim Spectre of Death himself to lead the unfortunate victim straight into the darkest pits of Tartaros...halloween8.png But the Ritual was a success, and this one frightning night the entire clan was called back upon the virtual realms of RuneScape to enjoy some HALLOWEEN PKING AND PARTYINGhalloween9.png Now my dear reader, I bid you farewell. I hope you enjoyed the DARK TALE OF HORRIBLE MURDERS and the montage of pictures that followed.

Edited by KayTee
yooo_daaaawg.png

First BzP'er to own Vezon and Fenrakk!

Hmm, I'll have to check this out sometime.Ttotp on Runescape if anyone's interested. XP I mainly go on during holiday events nowadays. XD I did the Halloween event, and it was fun. ^^ Not too impressed with the prizes, but the games were worth it. =D

Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Wind

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

I like how you completely ignore

2) DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE OLD THREADS. I AM DEAD SERIOUS.

We're only three pages in, can't you guys try to be just a little mature?
This. Unless you want the current topic closed, avoid discussing the old topics which were shut down.

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

Apparently Jagex is in the midst of a major lawsuit with one of the main botmakers. They sent out emails to everyone they have detected using that bot and said that they could be sued as well for a decent amount of money. Jagex really brought the house this time.

I know this is pretty late to the punch, but I'd just like to point out that Jagex has no real case, that email was more of a scare tactic. Using a program that doesn't use or interfere with the game's code wouldn't constitute copyright infringement. Actually, none of the bigger-name bots would be considered for copyright infringement, and the users of the bot couldn't be touched either. Unless Jagex is going to make the claim that in-game skills and resources have monetary value, which won't hold up in court AND they have fervently denied for how many years now?, or they make the claim that 'Fletching' or 'Firemaking' or any other skill name are copyrighted terms, which won't hold up either since they predate Runescape by a few hundred years. I'm not trying to play devil's advocate here, but really Jagex, try harder next time.
kaiji.jpg

KUYASHII

­

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: ImaGonnaGetYou

At this point, they've tried hard enough for my satisfaction when it comes to bots. So long as they remain vigiliant and get on a new outbreak as soon as they get wind of it, I don't care of they rely on scare tactics for those who botted- So long as they get the point that botting isn't a possible avenue for them, I'm happy. The only thing Jagex really needs to do now... is stop doing P2P Holiday items. I'm P2p, but I have an extreme vendetta against P2p holiday items, or ones like the golden scythe scenario. It's not a big deal if it's like, the runefest hood, I can totally get that. But the scythe.. hyped a lot of people up for nothing. Ten bucks says before this time next year, at least one of those 25 scythe users won't be a big Rs player anymore, or they'll hardly even touch it. And for things like the Icycle crown or hourglass, they're also horrible on the premise of being pay-to-play only.

One thing everyone forgets about Jagex is that they're a business. A business is there to make money. So, they have to create a drive or reason to get members. If the drive is as small as p2p exclusive holiday items, then so be it. I do agree with you, however. I think all holiday items should be available to everyone.

Apparently Jagex is in the midst of a major lawsuit with one of the main botmakers. They sent out emails to everyone they have detected using that bot and said that they could be sued as well for a decent amount of money. Jagex really brought the house this time.

I know this is pretty late to the punch, but I'd just like to point out that Jagex has no real case, that email was more of a scare tactic. Using a program that doesn't use or interfere with the game's code wouldn't constitute copyright infringement. Actually, none of the bigger-name bots would be considered for copyright infringement, and the users of the bot couldn't be touched either. Unless Jagex is going to make the claim that in-game skills and resources have monetary value, which won't hold up in court AND they have fervently denied for how many years now?, or they make the claim that 'Fletching' or 'Firemaking' or any other skill name are copyrighted terms, which won't hold up either since they predate Runescape by a few hundred years. I'm not trying to play devil's advocate here, but really Jagex, try harder next time.
###### I love your Squid Girl avatars but seriously. Reflection based bots works by pulling the numID's out of Jagex's caches and intercepting the server/client communication.That is tampering with a registered product and well. Let me put it this way. I love bacon. I go into mcdonalds and put bacon in every burger. All the burgers.Then someone doesn't want bacon. Sorry, but they're getting bacon, even if they do not want it/cannot eat it.Can mcdonalds sue me for tampering with the food, because there is no laws against serving delicious bacon to everyone.The Bacon is bots and Mcdonalds is Jagex and the burgers are Runescape. Think about it. Edited by KayTee
yooo_daaaawg.png

One thing everyone forgets about Jagex is that they're a business. A business is there to make money. So, they have to create a drive or reason to get members. If the drive is as small as p2p exclusive holiday items, then so be it. I do agree with you, however. I think all holiday items should be available to everyone.

Yes, I've seen that argument made before. However, -holidays- are the one thing that Jagex should not use to hold awards above the heads of the F2P players. I'm fine with them having to use various methods to advertise membership to the F2p for the good of their company (especially with all the revenue they're going from the bots they've nuked), but the holiday events are not the way to go. It just ruins the spirit of the festivities for a lot of free to play folks, and F2p easily make more use of the event than most P2p players simply because they don't have much else to do or look forward to.

###### I love your Squid Girl avatars but seriously. Reflection based bots works by pulling the numID's out of Jagex's caches and intercepting the server/client communication.That is tampering with a registered product and well. Let me put it this way. I love bacon. I go into mcdonalds and put bacon in every burger. All the burgers.Then someone doesn't want bacon. Sorry, but they're getting bacon, even if they do not want it/cannot eat it.Can mcdonalds sue me for tampering with the food, because there is no laws against serving delicious bacon to everyone.The Bacon is bots and Mcdonalds is Jagex and the burgers are Runescape. Think about it.
The bots we're talking about use data that is output to the client, and even then doesn't tamper with it. If the bot operated in a way similar to the partyhat glitch many moons ago, taking and replacing code that is sent back to the server, I would agree. But having a program make decisions based on data the game client is already receiving is hard to argue as being "tampering" considering it isn't. Like being given free food, and then arrested for theft while trying to eat it. And on the other side of this, Jagex suing users of bot programs? That part was such a joke. Not related to our argument but I thought I'd throw that out there.
kaiji.jpg

KUYASHII

­

###### I love your Squid Girl avatars but seriously. Reflection based bots works by pulling the numID's out of Jagex's caches and intercepting the server/client communication.That is tampering with a registered product and well. Let me put it this way. I love bacon. I go into mcdonalds and put bacon in every burger. All the burgers.Then someone doesn't want bacon. Sorry, but they're getting bacon, even if they do not want it/cannot eat it.Can mcdonalds sue me for tampering with the food, because there is no laws against serving delicious bacon to everyone.The Bacon is bots and Mcdonalds is Jagex and the burgers are Runescape. Think about it.
The bots we're talking about use data that is output to the client, and even then doesn't tamper with it. If the bot operated in a way similar to the partyhat glitch many moons ago, taking and replacing code that is sent back to the server, I would agree. But having a program make decisions based on data the game client is already receiving is hard to argue as being "tampering" considering it isn't. Like being given free food, and then arrested for theft while trying to eat it. And on the other side of this, Jagex suing users of bot programs? That part was such a joke. Not related to our argument but I thought I'd throw that out there.
All 9,001,000,000 of them?

He was exaggerating the number of bots that were in RS before Tuesday.

Well I was referring to the most widely known and used bots, i.e. iBot, Powerbot, etc. All of which no longer work as of this writing. There are other bots out there, but none that actually tamper with Runescape as far as I know. iBot is the biggest one with a userbase being "sued" by Jagex, but according to court documents, Jagex used a lot of information illegally, and what they have legally wouldn't make a case. So they're wasting money on a lawsuit on top of the money they lost by banning bots with memberships. Niiice.
kaiji.jpg

KUYASHII

­

He was exaggerating the number of bots that were in RS before Tuesday.

Well I was referring to the most widely known and used bots, i.e. iBot, Powerbot, etc. All of which no longer work as of this writing. There are other bots out there, but none that actually tamper with Runescape as far as I know. iBot is the biggest one with a userbase being "sued" by Jagex, but according to court documents, Jagex used a lot of information illegally, and what they have legally wouldn't make a case. So they're wasting money on a lawsuit on top of the money they lost by banning bots with memberships. Niiice.
On the other hand, they're doing the lawsuit in California, USA, which means that pretty much anything can happen at this point. But back to actual in game talk FFFFFFFFF Dominion tower, this is extraordinarily hard.Especially when you spend 30 minutes killing the Gelatinnoth Mother because Karamil drained all your stats to 10 and you needyour Spirit Dagannoth to attack her every sixth(orange) turn. x_x
yooo_daaaawg.png

I'd say the fun of the Tower is worth it moreso than the rewards. Of course, I don't have a Dreadnip or any of the later rewards yet. Though the Dominion Weapons you get degrade somewhat fast I hear, and they require 90 in their respective skill to use, but they're better than chaotics. Once you unlock the requirements to get a dominion weapon, they're somewhat common rewards.One of the hardest fights I've had so far is the Desert Treasure group on Endurance mode with only half an inv of food and no fire gloves. Nearly won it too, but the last guy got a lucky hit as my prayer ran out. Balance Elemental is so much easier than I remember him being! XPDefinitely not looking forward to the Nomad challenge.... Doubt I can even do it right now. But since I really want to unlock the top of the tower... gotta find a way soonish. >_>

*fistbump*New quest is epic.Tell everyone there's a murder demon loose.Tell them again.Uncover the true murder.Kick the murder down from a tower in cold blood.Tell everyone there was a murder demon loose.Get 110k Prayer exp.Of course I took the most horrible karmic path but whatever, I still got the powered up god books and cith... Citath... new lyre.

yooo_daaaawg.png

*fistbump*New quest is epic.Tell everyone there's a murder demon loose.Tell them again.Uncover the true murder.Kick the murder down from a tower in cold blood.Tell everyone there was a murder demon loose.Get 110k Prayer exp.Of course I took the most horrible karmic path but whatever, I still got the powered up god books and cith... Citath... new lyre.

Sounds good.And I think they're robes.

The Dominion Tower is like my new favorite place. I've been working on getting the requirements for the super epic Goliath Gloves you can get as a reward. I'm also pretty close to being able to do WGS, all I need s some quest points and 65 Herblore, which I'm too poor to train at the moment. =/

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231