Runescape Thread 4

KayTee

WGS does look like fun, I have all the reqs so far except for all the quest points. Need like 50 more. =/ But right now I'm working on getting 99 Attack (my first 99 =D) and 85 Dungeoneering. Luckily I have a bunch of clanmates that can help me with Dung, the teams of random people are usually horrible. And, I just got 96 Attack and combat level 120. =)^I put waaay too many smilies in that post.Anyway, for BXPW I'll be training Herblore. Makes me kinda sad knowing all my money will be gone afterwards, but I know in the long run it's saving me money.

Edited by Humanity

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

I used BXPWE so far to train myself to 76 firemaking.Do not comment on how nooby that sounded.I also borrowed a dragon hatchet and I'm going to try for 68 woodcutting. Got 67, so it's doable.As for dungeoneering, I must say I intended to do some, but I don't want to have to get a team together.Concerning the new armor update.I dislike many parts of it, but overall, the detail is improved which was Jagex's goal. Though I will miss the old appearances, I think I'll get used to the new eventually.

Edited by Nujanii: Kanohi Master

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah. I got a Ghasts task. Been putting it off for weeks now. I've finished the nature spirit, I know it's not that bad. I just... don't like Ghasts.Guthan's heals better than a Bunyip. Also, it leaves room for a combat familiar, which can make up for the damage not inflicted by using Guthan's spear. Of course, to get a decent combat familiar, I will need to train my summoning level. At level 40, any familiar I summon will not be likely to be very effective. So the end result is the same.

Combat XP from Slayer really isn't as slow as people think. You get pretty good combat XP, Slayer XP, and money. And it's much less boring because you're not fighting the same thing for ever and ever and ever.Also, I'm just a few XP off 99 Attack now. I have an XP lamp that will get me 99, but I'm waiting for a friend to get like 500k more XP so we can both get 99s at the same time. Double 99 party FTW!

Let me know time and place please. I'd rather like to attend.That is, if you don't mind.Double 99 party... epicness.As to Slayer, I hadn't thought of that before. Yes, not fighting the same monster over and over does sound somewhat appealing.Though the money is comparatively appalling around my level. 49 slayer... :/

I doubt it. And even if it worked, you'd never hit.Anyway, me and my friend got our 99s without really having a party. We were going to, but we were waiting for someone to log on. He never came and everyone else had to leave and then we just decided to not wait til everyone came back. <.<So now I think I'm FINALLY going to go get 85 Dungeoneering. Even though I hate it, I really need to be able to go to frost dragons.

Edited by Senrab

Err-- excuse me. By working a real job you can get lv 99 runecrafting faster than if you played the game only. Does that bother you? How about the fact people can get boss drops from the wheel? Are you concerned by the fact that, with enough spins purchased, you can get rare boss drops without fighting any bosses? And forget not that 10 Million coins can also be gained. What will that do to the economy?I know it's not the worst update ever, but come on. It's against the spirit of the game. Besides, it's gambling. Except, unlike dicing, with real world cash. Not good, say I.It does help that the 'lucky' boss items are untradable. But really, they minimize the long term demand for the item. And I don't think it's a coincidence that prices for the items with lucky counterparts are going down.EDIT: I am not intending for this post to be accusatory, so please don't take it that way.On another topic, I rather like the new Easter event. It's neat and you sort of have a history for it. I remember a past event where you made the Chocotrice. Nice to have it him back.

The high end rewards are so rare that immediate effects on the economy would be negligible. If you check the 180 day graph of some of the rarer items that can be won, prices have either been plummeting since November, or have a nice little sine wave. The only way the update could have had a large effect is if people panicked and influenced more people to panic and then everyone panics. I agree that it is against the spirit of the game, earning things and achievement, and it does open the window to allow Jagex to do more things that can have an adverse effect on the economy, such as directly buying coins and items. However, one must always remember, Jagex is a business that wants to make money. If people want to throw money at them, why stop? Valve does the same exact thing, selling keys to open random crates for a rare chance to get a special hat, and they're pretty successful.

That would be terrible, Senrab.I think that, if this update stays, the prices of boss items on the SoF will go down. From fear, maybe. But I refer to the long term consequences. How will this affect the long term prices? The chance of getting a rare item is about 1/300 (my information from others. I have not bought a single spin). It looks to me like you'll get one or two rare items per year (if you're a member). This means that, with the bought spins, more boss items will be generated than if people fought the bosses for them and there was no alternate supply. This is all guessing, however, as I have not taken into consideration factors like possible declining number of high leveled players or possible increase of new people. Does what I am saying make sense? Or am I just ranting?Jagex is a buisness. But why this? Why go this route for more money? For one, someone on the RS forums said that the 'update' to the SoF looked like it had been planned ahead of time. I think further that Jagex would not have changed their policy so rapidly without good reason. Perhaps the investors have some say in how the company is run? I don't know enough about Jagex on this. Could someone explain it?

Jagex is a buisness. But why this? Why go this route for more money? For one, someone on the RS forums said that the 'update' to the SoF looked like it had been planned ahead of time. I think further that Jagex would not have changed their policy so rapidly without good reason. Perhaps the investors have some say in how the company is run? I don't know enough about Jagex on this. Could someone explain it?

Because Jagex is no longer three neckbearded brothers who programs Java games, and it is no longer year 2000 where the Dotcom bubble still has an effect.Also one or two years ago Jagex was brought by investors. This caused them to get more money and resources, but they also needed players, but they also needed to get rid of the (paying member) bots, and they are a company so they need money to make this happen.Here we are, six months later where only terrible F2P color-coded bots works and the average amount of players is 70-110k, depending on the day/time. Jagex knows that they need more money and increasing subscribtion prices isn't a good idea, so if you need extra money why not make some optional mostly cosmetic, extraordinarily rare and untradeable rewards that you can randomly win by spinning a wheel, where you can BUY MORE SPINS?Also before this devolves into "spins sux" "spins owns", here's my 2 cents. I brought 75 spins.It gave me around 90k Prayer exp in lamps, 91k items, 50k forced exp lamps and absolutely nothing special.Yes I love my 82 prayer and 135 combat, and yes I would have wasted the 100kr/20$ on some dumb stuff like new bedsheets, but I honestly do not think it was worth it. Maybe if you have alot of money this could be fun but really it was just grinding a red button to get better exp rates and tons of junk that Shades of Mort'ton would be ashamed of giving you.
yooo_daaaawg.png

First BzP'er to own Vezon and Fenrakk!

• 2 weeks later...

Why doesn't Jagex need more money?More money means more cars, more golf clubs, more KFC Double Downs. I dunno if you studied Economics at all but you should always want more money.

Edited by ~JC~

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

I know why you should want money. I wanted to know why Jagex needed more money (according to KayTee). I re-read KayTee's post and I understand his position better now.So what do investors do for the game?EDIT: Or, rather, that effects do investors have upon the game?

I know why you should want money. I wanted to know why Jagex needed more money (according to KayTee). I re-read KayTee's post and I understand his position better now.So what do investors do for the game?EDIT: Or, rather, that effects do investors have upon the game?

It keeps the game online by helping to pay the bills. They put money in, hope it does well, then get MORE money back after a while. But, if you need huge amounts of detail, I recommend you go to college to become a Stock broker. Otherwise, it'll just seem like unneeded flab (I haven't gone to college for that, but I have a bare bones understanding of the concept).

This game ate years and years of my life and stopped me from doing anything creative with it but I hold no grudge against it. Was my fault. And I'm still a casual fan of the game.I'm known as Sukidd. Who knows, you might see me on once and a while. Or it might be somebody who jacked my account.Last I logged off was october last year when I tried doing the latest vampire quest. Vanstrom is harder than I expected, even with supers and piety on.