Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

IC:"Oh, meep." Dr. Cyborg backed away from the pool."Okay, everybody. I can extract the Maelstrom from that thing. However, it will take time. It isn't instantaneous. If you can distact that croc, I can dive in, strike and extract, retreat, let you distract it some more, and repeat. You stay up here, and fire at it. I'll dive and extract."With that, Dr. Cyborg backed away and did a repeated backflip into the pool. The croc rounded on him. Cyborg dived, and hid in the murky deep.At that point, the others on the ledge started firing at the crocodile, and he came to the surface snarling at them. Dr. Cyborg came up under him, and extracted a few quarts of Maelstrom. The croc attacked him, but he dodged the swinging tail, and submerged. With that prey gone, the croc turned again to the others. Dr. Cyborg came up again, and the process was repeated.Dr. Cyborg came up behind the croc a third time. He extracted a few quarts. He had now taken 2 1/4 gallons of Maelstrom, but the crocodile still had gallons of it in his system. When the crocodile turned to strike with his tail, Dr. Cyborg tried to dodge the flailing spiked tail, but whether it was the water's natural resistance, the Maelstrom in his system subtly influencing him, or what, but he was too slow. The tail struck his head, his weak point. His helmet protected him from anything more than a bruise, but the serious damage was done: he was unconcious. He slowly started sinking, unaware of his predicament.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

iC:Even a massive mutant T-rex was unable to stand the firepower of a T-1 Typhoon and an agent aerial defense unit . Hertz watched as the creature gave out a defiant roar and spun around at its attackers. It fired its powerful eyebeams at the helicopter’s week spot and blasted its tail entirely off. The ADU spun madly before it crashed in a fiery explosion at the monster’s feet.The Second Typhoon fired it beam emitters at the great beast and was finally able to bring the T-Rex down.Hurtz sighed and turned his attention back to the Renaissance. He climbed out of the narrow hatch that led up from the anal turret and looked around for Vinyaya. She was nowhere to be seen.He franticly picked up a radio. “Fate, Lucky, give me a static update! Where’s Commander Vinyaya?”“She’s not back there?” asked Lucky surprised. “We can’t see in to the cabin. She must have fallen out.”“Turn around and find her.” Said Hertz.“We can’t! I’m struggling to keep this thing in the air as it is!” said Fate.At that moment a second Tyrannosaurs Rex shot from the trees. Grabbing the Renaissance by the noose it fired its eye beams point blank. Fate was killed instantly in the resulting fireball and Lucky need to take control of the voltaic cannon to dislodge the Mutant.The Renaissance spiraled out of control as the remaining typhoon fired support. The Green T-rex ignored the beam emitters coming from its attacker and instead allowed a sudden swarm of Mutant Pterosaurs take down it’s advisory.The Green T-rex turned its attention back to spinning Renaissance and dug its teeth into its port side beam emitter. Hertz yelled and kicked the beast’s snout with as much force as the techy could muster.Lucky was still yelling but Hertz ignored him. He just swar profusely and kemp kicking.The T-rex had had enough. It slammed the Renaissance into the ground and Hurt’s vision went black.* * *Most of the team was unfortunate enough to fall into the water when the bridge fell. Septimus had wasted no time jumping from the black water and stabbing his spear into the Crocodile’s back. It roared and thrashed around madly, throwing the drone into the brick wall.Katerina was just as successful. She fired her riffle to the best of her ability but the splashing waves made it hard to get a clear shoot. The Stromling Croc dove beneath the water and came up directly below a Synthetic Loop.Loop gave a yelp as the massive teeth closed around his body. The teeth sheared the figure clean in half and the crocodile flung the leftovers at Katerina.Lance, Lutsky, and a single Loop had remained on the ledge. Lance was unfortunate enough to have lost his Cosmotronic Ray in the fight so all he could do was watch. When he saw Doctor Cyborg get hit it was impulse reaction to jump in.As a surfer he had often rescued drowning victims from a watery death. That is why he did not hesitate to jump over the ledge and come to Cyborg’s aid.Lance Williams dove after Cyborg’s rapidly sinking body. He was heavy but soon he was able to raise the commander to the surface. Rushing him over to the shallows he attempted CPR.Gahiji Thutmose only had his knife. He had also lost his automatic rifle in the water but that did not stop him from stabbing at the crocodile’s eyes. It snapped it’s jaws and rolled over knocking the Egyptian into the water.Dust gasped for air and saw that one of his knives was still stuck in the monster’s head. He reached for another knife in his boot and again swam at his foe.Lutsky stood on the ledge and emptied his machine gun on the crocodile. Smocking holes appeared across it’s back but the stromling was quickly able to heal it’s wounds.He growled and whipped out his side arm. He took aim and fired his gun at the chaos bellow.

That is all

OOC: I assumed the expy was Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid. Turns out I was wrong. Oh well.IC:"Mind lending a hand, Raine?" Brickhouse asked ace pilot Raine Dashworthy, currently seated in an Agents jet."Yeah, yeah," Raine responded arrogantly, but clearly excited.. "I'm on it!" Brickhouse watched from his ADU as Raine turned her jet toward the hijacked T-1 Typhoon and fired several missiles at it. One missed, but three other missiles connected with the hull of the vehicle. A massive explosion sounded out from the vehicle and flames began to shoot out from the outer plating of the vehicle."Alright, finish it off!" Brickhouse heard Dino Attack commander Semick yell over the radio. There was an enthusiastic response from several minifigs. The T-1 Typhoons and Aerial Defense Units then launched every they could muster. The hijacked helicopter began to fall. Brickhouse watched as some strange minifig abomination smashed its way out of the cockpit. Brickhouse reeled back in disgust."What is that thing?!" he asked, as the minifig abomination climbed to the top of the collapsing helicopter and seemed to prepared to leap. A single Sonic Screamer blast from a T-1 Typhoon knocked it out, allow it's body to be consumed by the massive fireball that erupted from the T-1 Typhoon as it collided into the ground."That was a Minifig/Mutant Lizard Hybrid from the looks of it," Semick responded morbidly. "Nasty pieces of work. Nice work, uh...""Thaddeus Brickhouse.""Captain Brickhouse, nice work," Semick directed his attention to the rest of the group flying. "Alright, we need to take down those two infected Agent Jets.""What of the Talon?" an agent asked."We'll see what Hotwire does before we decide to attack. I have a feeling he'll find a way out of this.""I hope some gets Virchaus good in the temple," a Dino Attack Agent muttered. "That son of a MegaBlok probably caused this, that no-good piece of Znap!""Wait," Brickhouse double-taked. "Did you say Virchaus? As in Zachary Vir-""Sir!" Francis screamed from the back of the Aerial Defense Unit, cutting off Brickhouse's question. "Something is wrong with Wheatley! He's - AHHHHH!" Brickhouse flipped on the autopilot and quickly spoke into the radio. "We might have a hijacking in progress! Don't shoot us down yet!" He then turned from the cockpit and headed to the back, his gun in hand.************************************Minerva continued to walk. Andrew’s words uplifted her slightly, but fear and uncertainty continued to gnaw away at her.Not much farther, the voice said excitedly. Minerva jumped in surprise, but held her ground.What do you mean? Minerva demanded. The voice reeled back at her sudden assertiveness, but continued.Not much farther until you and your friend meet the end. The voice responded.Elaborate. She responded. End of what?Where would the fun be in telling you? Know that only you are at the end of something.You’re helpful. Minerva said sarcastically. It that all? Vaguely tell me about about to be at the end of something? If so, you can move along.Getting rather feisty, aren’t we? the voice snapped, clearly not amused. Why do you continue stay with this man? What is his name? Anders? Andy? Arnold?Andrew, Minerva responded quietly.Yes, him. Andrew. Why are you with him?I pulled him down here with me.Hmm. So he’s here because of an accident. He serves no purpose in your plans, does he? Minerva remained silent, not wanting to give away too much. I assume he doesn’t. He is extra weight to you. Why not dispose of him?Because he’s my friend, Minerva shot back defiantly. He wouldn’t abandon me if he was in my place.So sure of that? I must admire your blind faith. However, it is rather foolish. He seems rather unstable to me. He did tell you he had his own desire to change his very being. Rather strange, wouldn’t you think? And he intended use the Maelstrom to boot. Who is to say that he won’t accomplish this dream and leave you for dead.He got over it.So he says. How can you really trust him? Andrew is unstable and his true methods are unknown to you. Perhaps he is plotting how to kill you right now?No. Andrew is a good person. Minerva knew the voice could sense her doubt.It is best to get rid of him before it is too late. the voice said with force. Would you like to hear a secret?I...don’t think so., she was mentally facepalming. Her hesitation was apparent.Up ahead is a single trap. Once a sensor is tripped, the walls ahead will smash into each other once and only once. It will kill anyone trapped inside.So, you’re helping me now?In fact, I am. Have Andrew walk ahead of you. When he trips the sensor, he will be crushed and a threat you and your plans will be eliminated.What?!There will be a hieroglyphic of a red sun on the left wall. Once he passes that, he will die. He is a threat and you know it. the voice said soothingly, almost seductively. Finish him off before he finishes you. He doesn’t matter. Only saving Zach does.Minerva silently mulled over what the voice had told her. She felt herself believing the voice. She looked at Andrew silently. He was silently and looked ahead. Minerva glanced at the rifle in his hands. She knew he could kill her rather easily.Maybe I can’t trust him. She thought. Minerva looked away from him. She could feel herself slowing down, allowing Andrew to be clearly ahead of her. She looked at his back. He needs to die...? She stammered in her head. Then she saw it.On the right wall, a dark red sun shined through the darker, more monotonous hieroglyphics around it. Once they passed the sun, the walls was come in and crush them. And yet, Andrew continued forward, not realizing the danger he was in.Here it goes. She muttered. She felt a cold, false-sense of comfort suddenly consumed her. She felt the edges of her vision started to become dark and cloudy. Andrew’s foot crossed the sun.“Stop!” Minerva suddenly screamed, pulling Andrew back by his shoulder. He stumbled backward as the walls ahead of them quickly slammed together with a loud crash. Both walls cracked and chipped from the force of the collision. After several seconds, the walls weakly receded.Andrew stepped away from Minerva and stared at her in surprise. “How did you know that was going to happen? Did the Maelstrom-”“Yes,” Minerva said shakily. “I was about to kill you.” She avoided Andrew’s widened eyes. The cold feeling vanished and her vision returned to normal. She could see his grip tightened around his rifle. “The Maelstrom...it...I...I don’t know what happened. I’m sorry. I -” Tears slid out of her eyes as she backed away from Andrew fearfully. “I almost killed you.” she whispered. She had almost fallen into the Maelstrom's control. Minerva finally broke down, letting herself slide to the floor, her back against the wall opposite of Andrew, crying weakly.

OOC: I'm going to have to go out an say I was pretty surprised by the guesses. I wasn't expecting anyone here to have seen Escape From New York but I'm surprised you didn't take into account the fact that until quite recently I outright despised first-person shooters. I didn't think any of you had any reason to believe I had actuallly played Metal Gear Solid, letalone knew Solid Snake well enough to create an expy. However, if anyone here who has played Metal Gear Solid wants to make a Solid Snake expy, I am willing to have Snake and Snake team up because that would probably be incredibly awesome.IC: "What the Znap are you doing?" Garry shouted, catching Windows' attention. "I thought I told you to stay in constant contact."'I've been trying," replied Windows. "Hertz hung up on me and I can't get in touch."

Cabin quickly grabbed a rifle as she walked up towards Snake."How far are we from the battlefield," Snake asked, lighting a cigarette."Not far," replied Cabin. "We should be able to walk there."

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: Raine Dashworthy? I see what you did there...Oh, and Atton, I learned something interesting. Apparently, Lance Williams is also the name of an investigative journalist.IC: The inside of the Talon was a standoff. Hotwire and Helm had their Cosmotronic Rays pointed at Cyrus, who had left the cockpit and stood menacingly in front of them. He leered at Hotwire, who was forced to support the heavy gun with only his right arm as his left arm was occupied with supporting him on the crutch, and was shaking slightly with the effort. Then Semick's voice broke over the comm. "Hotwire, if you can hear this, try for the 'Bank-In-Finance-Trouble' method."It took little more than a second for Hotwire to figure out what Semick meant. "Stand back," he muttered to Helm, "and be ready to ignore your acrophobia for a few seconds." At that point, Helm understood as well, and cautiously stepped back towards the emergency supply cabinet. Hotwire adjusted his grip on the Cosmotronic Ray and carefully aimed it directly at Cyrus.The Agent Stromling chuckled. "You wouldn't fire that in here, boy," he said condescendingly. "You know better. You'd blow us to Megablokland.""Wouldn't I?" Hotwire said, beginning to tighten his grip on the trigger. Cyrus visibly braced himself and prepared to dodge, and then Hotwire did the unexpected. Balancing on his right leg, he suddenly whipped the Cosmotronic Ray around behind him. The momentum caused his entire body to pivot, and he raised his left arm. The crutch smacked Cyrus across the neck, and the Stromling stumbled back, clutching at his throat. "No, you're right. I wouldn't," Hotwire said. At the same moment, Helm came back up with a parachute strapped across his shoulders."Loop, get over here," Hotwire called, dropping the Cosmotronic Ray and slipping his arm through one of the parachute straps. "You're coming with us." Loop burst out of the rear cockpit, grabbing the second parachute from the emergency compartment. Helm gritted his teeth, and the two DA agents leaped out of the T-1.Cyrus, wheezing and coughing, pulled himself back up as Loop dashed towards the door. "Oh no you don't," he growled. He grabbed the three-eyed minifig and dragged him into the forward cockpit, where Phoenix tore control panels off, exposing the wires underneath. The two grinning Stromlings grabbed Loop's wrists and forced them into the wires.------------------------There was a sinking feeling in Osprey's gut as he watched his forces split. His own ADU shook as he and his crew fought two of their own comrades. He kicked one of the Stromlings out of the side and sadly watched him plunge to the ground.As he was turning back, Osprey's eyes happened to fall on the Talon, hanging in the air over the forest. Two minifigs dropped from the helicopter towards the trees, and a parachute blossomed above them moments later. That was when the Talon began to change colors, shifting from beige and red to purple and black."Mother of Ole," Osprey said weakly as oily purple smoke billowed out of the T-1's sides and whirled around the rotors.------------------------Phoenix and Cyrus cackled as Maelstrom energy poured out of them, through Loop, and into the Talon. "Time to have some real fun!" Phoenix bellowed.------------------------Hotwire dropped his crutch and nearly lost his grip when the parachute opened, but he managed to pull himself back up. Helm had his eyes squeezed shut - that was no surprise. "We're coming up on the trees," Hotwire warned. Helm nodded slightly. They slipped between the treetops easily enough, but inevitably the parachute snagged, leaving them hanging thirty feet above the ground. "Okay, there's a branch just beside us," Hotwire said. "I'm going to get onto it, then I can help you down." He carefully transferred himself to the tree limb. This sure won't help me while climbing, he thought, and removed his prosthetic, allowing it to drop to the ground as well. He looked back to where Helm hung a few feet away, eyes still tightly closed. "The branch is right next to you," he told the former mariner reassuringly. "Just reach over on your left."------------------------A machine gun round thudded into the wall next to where Katerina was treading water. "Be mindful of where you are firing," she snapped at Lutsky, before firing her own weapon again. She had been lucky enough to keep it above the water so far, but a wave produced by the thrashing of the Stromling crocodile temporarily overwhelmed her. One of the synthfigs swam over to her side. "Avenge your brother," she muttered, and the synthfig charged forward, attempting to absorb the Maelstrom within the monstrous reptile.------------------------Eventually Hotwire and Helm made their way to the ground and retrieved Hotwire's crutch and leg replacement. They followed the sounds of the battle back to the temple grounds. Before long the stump of Hotwire's left leg was burning again."Znap it," he muttered. "No painkiller on me.""Where would it be, then?" Helm asked, as they pushed through the bushes at the edge of the temple clearing. There was a mighty thundering as an army of TumTum warriors and natural dinosaurs charged into the fray.Hotwire looked up and shock momentarily stopped his breath. "There," he said, and pointed upward. Helm looked, and gulped.The Talon, completely saturated with the Maelstrom, soared above the army of Adventurers' Island natives, raining devastation on dinosaurs and minifigs alike.OOC: Do not hesitate to attack the Talon, but don't bring it down. That is a detail I will take care of myself.

Edited by Jackson Lake

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Oh, and Atton, I learned something interesting. Apparently, Lance Williams is also the name of an investigative journalist.

OOC: Is that a fact? Interesting.I'll post an IC later. I'm a bit short on ideas at the moment. If anyone wants feel free to interact with Cabin and Snake.

IC: "Oh you crafty little monsters," Semick muttered as he watched the Talon go through a most peculiar transformation. Without hesitation, he flipped on the mic for the upteenth time. At this point, he needed to start leaving the thing on."All aircraft divert your attention to a freshly corrupted T-1 in the air! The agents not corrputed that are piloting it have bailed out, so don't hesitate to throw everything you have! And it may have inherited some of the Malestrom's regenerative energies, but remember the weak spots of every helicopter: the blades, the guns, and the cockpits! Focus on those, and keep manuvering well, and we'll get this taken care of quickly and efficiently!"Semick then diverted his attention back to the Renaissance. The darn T-Rexes had managed to bring the crippled craft down, but he still hoped that it could be of use. Rockford's IP crew of mechanics were speeding up to it, firing at the last T-Rex as it went, but it would likely take a full-on trip to a Dino Attack hanger to get it working again. For now, they could only see if they could get it converted to a withstanding makeshift command post.Now there was the matter of how much more aid ADU could offer. "Bluetooth," he said, "get me in contact with the Agents's leader.""Patching you in," the technician said behind him. After a few seconds of comn buzzing, he heard a voice at the other end. "This is ADO Captain Osprey, is thisElit-""Cut the formalities, Ospery. Can you tell me if ADU has any more squads on standby? And how long it would take for them to arrive?"------------"I don't like being sitting ducks down here," the Fire Hammer driver muttered as Rockford's vehicle steered through the mob and over another Mutant Lizard."Well, it's not like we had designed these vehicles for military assult," said Rockford."Yeah, yeah. You got a plan?""Well, with the current support from the natives, I think we can afford to divert our attention from the dinos long enough for this." He flipped on the mic. "Any IPs and FHs that aren't occupied with emeny fire, divert your attention to the corrupted T-1! You all heard Semick, so aim for the weak spots! Your targeting systems were built for a reason, you know!""Sounds like a command any guy would make," remarked the driver."Rockford is a normal guy," Laxus reminded them."Just a normal lawyer thrown into a battle zone," Rockford concurred. "What else is new?"------------Andrew was still a little suprised at what had happened, but he didn't waste any time trying to confort Minerva. Glancing around to make sure no Stormlings were coming yet, he leaned down to her side."Don't worry, I understand completely. You know what I just said, the Malestrom is going to try and persuade us to do unscrupulous things. The fact that you did resist at the last moment there shows that you have enough sense to resist. Just keep what I said in mind, and we'll get through this.""Yes, but..." Minerva said, still obivously distressed. "...the Malestrom has so many choice words. Espically about you."What do... oh, right," said Andrew, recalling his conversation with voices just a few minutes ago. "Listen, I know that you; might be convinced to be unsure of me. I can get that way myself. But I assure you that I understand that the Malestrom is nothing for me to mess with, let alone try to use. Besides, I think trying to... eh, what's a good word... alter myself would be of poor practical use at this time. Even if some agents have spent time being non-minifig with generally good results, I find personally that that wouldn't be the best idea. Trust me, I am not stupid, despite some of my more unlogical actions."Minerva snickered a bit. "Yeah... you don't really want to... you know?""No. Not now, and perhaps not ever. At least, not until the end of all this planet-threathening madness. I'm solely focused on saving Zach, stopping the Malestrom, and kicking Dr Rex's scaled behind. Now shall we get to working on that?""Yeah, we should," said Minerva, who began to get up. "Just... I don't want to-""Just keep my suggestions in mind, remember that the Malestrom is solely out to do us in and turn this planet into another Crux, and have some faith in me." Andrew glanced back at the area they had been about to cross. "Now, how do we bypass this trap? Has it stopped working after one go, or do we need to find a way to deactivate it?"

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

OOC:Two things:1. Yay! I'm a commander!2. Stupid guy! I had planned for Cyborg to sink to the bottom, but again, compromise.EDIT:Andrewnuv, there is a difference between ADU and ADO. ADO is the agents, ADU is tue Alien Defence Unit, which would be in my Alien Conquest RPG if it is ever approved.IC:Kara saw the helicopter get corrupted. She never knew such a thing was possible. I hope you'll never let that happen to me! her AI said. "Not a chance," she replied. She maneuvered the dropship to a position behind the Talon and fired.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: Actually, Atton. I believe Metal Gear Solid is a stealth action game. The main point of the game is sneaking past enemies, not killing them.However, your Snake smoking immediately reminded me of Solid Snake, who is a frequent smoker.I'm glad you saw what I did there, Jackson Lake.IC:“The Maelstrom said that it would only work once,” Minerva said as she stood up, wiping her eyes quickly. “It was supposed to crush you and then let me go, I guess. I suppose the Maelstrom might have lied to me or will crush us simply because I didn’t kill you.”Andrew glanced down the hallway. The walls were cracked and crumbled. Bits of stone littered the floor. “Let’s try this.” He picked up a good-sized stone and threw it past the sun. It disappeared into darkness.Silence, then they heard a loud grinding sound. More stone detached from the wall and dust fell from the ceiling. However, the walls did not close. Andrew glanced at Minerva, who looked equally confused.“What do you make of this?” he asked her. She shrugged.“I don’t know. I guess it wants to kill us, but something is stopping it,” Minerva couldn’t believe it. Was the Maelstrom just going to let them go, even after Minerva defied it? “Do we trust luck?”“I don’t really want too, but our only other option is to go back to the slide, which is basically a dead-end.” Minerva bit her lip as she glanced behind her.“How about we run?” she suggested. Andrew shrugged, then nodded. The both got into a running stance. Anxiety began to build up inside her.You won’t make it... the voice said in a hushed whisper inside her head. It should no signs of disappointment or anger at Minerva’s refusal to kill Andrew. She flinched visibly. She began that “YTP Method” Andrew had talked about. She felt the Maelstrom reel back, confused by the odd mash-up of Sweet Child o’ Mine featuring phrases from Song of Myself, all being sung by that Stromling Monkey that had attacked her back at the camp and that smooth-talking guy on those deodorant commercials. Thinking of these gave her a minor headache, but she ignored the pain.“Go!” Minerva yelled. She and Andrew sprinted through the hallway, ignored the strained moans coming from the wall. After nearly a hundred yards of running, Minerva noticed a red sun on the left wall as they ran past.“I think we’re good!” she gasped, slowing down to a jog. Andrew slowed down ahead of her and looked back, breathing heavily. The walls suddenly slammed together behind them, just before the red sun.“How do you...?” Andrew asked. She pointed to the red sun on the wall. Andrew nodded in understanding.“Let’s keep going,” he muttered, turning around. Minerva followed him. They walked for only a few minutes when they came upon a doorway on the right wall. They looked at each other, interested.The doorway was a two-minifig-wide archway. The two agents slowly walked through the archway and entered a massive round chamber. The ceiling extended more than fifty feet above their heads, topped off by a dome ceiling. In the center of the room was a small pool that contained liquid Maelstrom. Other than that the room was rather bare.“What is this place,” asked Andrew, glancing around in interest. “What is it for?”“I think a better question,” a dark voice said behind them. “Why are you here?” Minerva and Andrew quickly turned around and saw Zachary Virchaus standing behind them. He pointed his Cosmotronic Ray at them lazily. Confusion danced in his eyes.Behind him was a Stromling Islander. He was bald and head strange teeth tattoos around his mouth. He was extremely muscular and had a necklace of teeth around his neck, containing both Minifig and dinosaur teeth. He was silent, staring at the Dino Attack Agents intently.“Seriously,” Zach continued. “How did you get here?”***********************************“We fell down here,” Minerva stammered to Zach. “A trap in the pendulum hallway brought us down here.” Ahua chuckled darkly behind him, as if Minerva’s explanation amused him.Zach raised an eyebrow. As far as he was aware, there was no other traps in that hallway other than swinging pendulums. Interesting.“And so you happened upon here, the very location I was stationed,” Zach said. “Rather convenient, is it not? Especially since you both of your goals when entering this temple were to find me.” Andrew and Minerva’s eyes widened. “I am aware of the plan my formerself created to eliminate me. You listened to him, and you will ultimately pay with your deaths.”“What is the plan?” Andrew asked.“However,” Zach said, ignoring the question all together. “I am rather generous, so there is a chance for you live. Starting with you, Minerva.” She jumped out the sound of her name. He walked up to her so they were face to face, about two feet apart. He shoved Andrew away and stared at her intently. Her generally body language clearly showed Minerva was afraid. However, her face displayed a defiant gaze at Zach. Zach grinned.“Minerva, abandon the Dino Attack,” Zach said softly, a major contrast to his normally boastful nature. “Finally abandon the life you had been trying to escape. Forget the past, forget Oswald, forget this suffering. Join me. We can be together.” He extended his left hand toward her. She glanced at it quickly, but backed away from the extended hand.“I can’t, Zach,” she said steadily, looking directly into his red eyes. “You need to come back to us. Please.” Something stirred in Zach. A longing to rejoin his Minifig companions. However, he pushed that feeling down. His face remained emotionless as he turned away from Minerva.“Why did you come here?” Zach asked, controlling the clear anger in his voice. “Why bother risking your life coming here?”“Because I-” she paused and swallowed loudly. “Because we’re friends. I don’t -” However, Zach had blanked out the rest of her excuse. A burning anger filled his entire being. Something snapped inside of him. He sharply turned around and jabbed the Cosmotronic Ray into Minerva’s chest. She stumbled backwards, looking at Zach with pleading eyes.“‘Friends?’” Zach hissed. “Just friends, right? I think I remember you saying that after Oswald turning tail and ran back to XERRD. We’re just friends, right?” His voice was full of sarcasm and hate. “And yet every actions you seem to commit around me suggests otherwise! Running into the XERRD fortress alone to find me and this instance right here show very plainly you seem to think of me a wee bit more then a friend. Tell me, Minerva. Would you go to such lengths to save any other friends?”“Y-y-yes!” she stammered, clearly frightened by his anger.“LIAR!” Zach screamed, jabbing into her chest even harder with the Cosmotronic Ray. “If Andrew here or Nazareno were in my predicament, would you be willing to go to such lengths to save them?” Minerva was silent, her mouth agape. “I thought so. You are a piece of trash, Minerva Fabello, and I will take great pleasure in killing you. I’m glad we had this talk, friend.”He stepped back from her. A single tear fell from her eyes, but not audibly weeping escaped her body. She just stared at Zach with wide sad eyes. I may have come off a little bit wangsty, Zach remarked. He mentally shrugged this off and turned to Andrew.“Where are my manners?” Zach exclaimed, returning to his arrogant and sarcastic demeanor. “Good to see you again, Andrew. You realize that I will have to kill you as well.”“If things go right, all three of us will be alive and friends again,” Andrew stated simply.Zach smirked. “Believe what you wish. However, I think it’s only fair I make the same offer I made with the worthless girl you decided to help. One last time Andrew. Will you join the Maelstrom? You’ve heard my reasons. If not, I think we’ve wasted enough time talking. It is time to end this. Once and for all.”

iC:They did not have time for a drawn out fight. The stromling Crocodile had suffered little in the ensuing battle but Dust’s team had. The black water was impossible to fight in. It felt strange and evil, corruption filled the room and tensions rose with every roar from the stromling. Dust still carried his sidearm but he had learned that drawing it would risk loosing it. He had to settle this the old fashioned way. With a bladeKaterina Schattenburg stood beside him. She had proven herself to be an extremely competent fighter and Dust could not help but take a fancy to the women in the stylish black shadowtech jumpsuit. She moved fluidly in the harsh water and he never once saw anger of emotion distort her judgment. She simply aimed her gun and fired efficiently and without hesitation.The Stromling Crocodile was distracted with the a Loop and Septimus. Its attention was diverted to the other side of the chamber and both of them knew that it would be now or never.Lutsky had proven that the crocodile had incredibly rapid regeneration abilities. As Schattenburg was discovering her machine gun had little effect on the monsters scales. Whatever shots did not bounce of the raw back would soon be healed by the purple fog surrounding the crocodile.Dust glanced over to the shallow to where Doctor Cyborg and Lance were. The Doctor had had the right idea. The stromling could not be beaten into submission. They needed one powerful and deceive attack that would finish the job.“The mouth.” Muttered Schattenburg.Dust raised an eyebrow. The massive jaws of the crocodile snapped open and closed and based on its size there was little doubt that the monster could easily swallow a minifigure whole. He had seen what the jaws had done to Loop and there were still bits of the Synthetic figure littered about the chamber. “What about the mouth?” said Dust.“I think that it’s the stromling's weakest point.” Said Schattenburg. Her eyes were still fixed on the threshing maw. She was deep in thought as she conjured a plain.“What do you recommend.” Said Dust. “Chances are none of us will get close enough to that thing to cause any real damage.”“You’re the expert Thutmose.” Responded Schattenburg.“Not of Stromlings. I believe that’s your aria of knowledge.”Schattenburg turned to size up the egyption. "I'f I can kill it can you provide a devertion."He nodded and Katerina Schattenburg smiled. “You’re be needing a bigger weapon.”She shouldered her rifle and dived into the water. Dust rolled his eyes and glanced at his feet. All around them lay the bones of previous grave robbers and hopeful adventures. In one of the skeleton's hand a shining scimitar. Grinning Dust pried it from the deed man’s clutch and followed Schattenburg into the water.A cosmotronic ray is powered by unique coolant system. Any good soldier knows that the weapon must be kept cool to prevent an untimely and catastrophic overheating.Katerina knew the result of a poorly cooled cosmotronic ray and had already formulated a plain to implement it. Picking up the weapon from the shallows she took aim at the Crocodiles back.Dust saw the blast hit and closed his eyes to the flash of light. The Stromling reared its ugly back to confront its new advisory and came face to face with the Egyptian. Dust cursed and dived as the crocodile lunged. Under the water he slashed the sword at the stromlings tummy before comeing up for air.Katerina continued to fire her gun. Not as much to cause damage but to build up energy in the heating chamber. The cooling vents smoked and she had to be careful to not burn herself on the hot metal.Dust climbed onto the back of the crocodile and repeatedly stabbed with his scimitar. Obviously the Stromling did not like this action and worked hard to shake the Egyptian off. All he could do was cling onto the handle for dear life. Katerina was no longer able to hold the burning weapon. The cosmotronic ray was as unstable as possible and it was now or never to bring her plain into action.Dust slashed the scimitar across the stromling’s eyes and it hissed in fury. It slammed it’s face into the water and Dust was flung across the room. He hit the wall and sunk into the black water.The Crocidal was blind. All it could do was thrash madly and snap it’s jaw back and forth. Most of the agents had found shelter from the madness but Katerina Schattenburg braved the chaos to the snapping maw. The beast opened and closed its razor sharp teeth and Schattenburg approached slowly and with caution.She threw the Cosmotronic Ray into the stromling’s mouth and took cover as the beast bit down.A fiery explosion filled the room. The Crocodile’s head vanished in a fireball and the resulting shookwave battered the eight agents against the wall.Soon the water settled and the pit became quite. OoC: Brace you're selves. My next post will be the enterence into the mealstrom chamber and the begining of the climatic fight that Peabody Sam has intrusted on to me. Feel free to leave the pit room with the rest of the team but don't go into the mealstrom chamber yet

That is all

OOC: Hmm, I never pictured the ShadowTech uniform as a jumpsuit, but I guess I can roll with it.Also, avmatoran, in this context 'ADU' is the Aerial Defense Unit, which is what the Agents helicopters are called.IC: Katerina hauled herself back up onto level ground, when suddenly she heard a voice in her head.You made a grave mistake in joining this battle, Catherine Alexander.That is not my name, Katerina responded. I reject it as I reject you. Know that although I may not succeed in destroying you as I once intended, I shall not rest until you have been permanently expelled from this world.And how, precisely, do you intend to do that? the voice of the Maelstrom demanded angrily. With your freakish synthfigs? Oh, and on that note, you should know that one of them is proving to be very useful to me.Impossible. They are resistant to your influence.So sure of that, are you? Do you not know how close your "Lupus Schattenberg" was to succumbing to my will? Katerina hesitated, troubled by this claim, but decided that it must be an attempt to shake her resolve and dismissed it. The voice in her head continued. Mental influence aside, he certainly isn't immune to the...shall we say, physical persuasion of others...------------------------Loop shuddered as the waves of Maelstrom energy slowed. The Talon was now fully under its control, but Cyrus and Phoenix still held Loop down on the wires. Although he himself could not interface with the machinery, he was the only link between the undirected Maelstrom in the T-1's systems and the minds of the two Stromlings chortling with glee as they rained death on the Dino Attack agents and the TumTum tribe. He wasn't certain anymore where he ended and the Talon began, and that was when he noticed -- the Maelstrom he had been holding in his storage cells had been forced into the T-1 along with the torrent the Stromlings were sending through him. Desperate for autonomy, he began to form an idea, and slowly began to draw electricity from the Talon's systems and into his body.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: Sorry I couldn't post earlier. I've had some... problems lately regarding the affects of the computer on my eyes and I've somewhat had to limit my use of it over the last few days. As a result I mainly kept up on an iPod touch and if you guys have used one you'll know how hard it is to type.IC: "What was that?" Lance asked neverously as he looked at his squadmates. "I never seen a crocodile like that before."

"How's your radio?" Cabin asked Snake as she approached."Busted in the crash," replied Snake. "I'm guessing yours is broken too.""Yeah," replied Cabin.OOC: Anyone can interact with Snake and Cabin if they like.

Dust wadded out of the dark water. He had bruise across his forehead from when he was thrown against the wall and he had a mild limp.“I figured that this room would contain some sort of guardian.” He muttered. “I thought it would be something big, I should have expected it would be a stromling. Megabloking lizard.”“Well it is the maelstrom temple.” Said Schattenburg as she brushed a stray lock of hair our her eye and returned it to it’s position in her ponytail “Quite frankly I’m surprised we have’t seen more of them.”“That does not mean it’s not here.” Responded Dust as he gave her a lopsided grin. “I imagine you’ve all noticed that atmosphere of this place. It feels so cold and lifeless. Not at all what I expected.”“Why would you expect otherwise?” said Septimus. “The Mealstrom radiates evil.”“My enter life has led up to this place.” Frowned the Egyptian. He had a distinct look in my eyes. “It just feels so wrong.”“I’ve noticed too.” Agreed Doctor Cyborg as he stepped out of the water. “I feel a dark presence is active in this temple. It can only be maelstrom.”The room did feel dark and eerie. Just minutes after the fight the water had become still and not a sound was heard. It was unnatural the way the light played across the surface and the darkness speed like cob weeps in every nook and cranny. The walls of the pit sloped up steeply and made it difficult to climb but since a Synthfig had brought a rope the six agents below where able to climb to a ledge and join Lutsky and the other Loop above.Schattenburg had taken a rather quick dislike to the blond haired man. He had shown little regard to the lives below when he had opened fire with his side arm and had come close to killing her with one of her stray shots.Lutsky said nothing as he shouldered his way past her and stode before the dark doorway leading out of the chamber. “Where to next Thutmose.”“This is it.” Said Dust. “That Crocodile was the last obstacle. Down this hall will be the chamber containing the maelstrom.”“What do you recommend we do when we get there?” said Lance as he crossed his arms. “We don’t have the ability to fight this thing.”“Rex told me he and Rotor are going to the temple of creation to find some weapon we can use against it.” Said Dust. “Once we get to the chamber our job is to hang tight and put the situation under control in till Rex and his team arrive.”“How long will that take? How will they get threw the temple safely.” Said Loop.“I can PM them directions.” Responded Dust brushing the question aside, “But that is not our job. All that we have to do is contain the maelstrom. That’s it.”“And how do you propose we do that?” Said the Cybrog. “My and the Synthfigs can help to some extent but we don’t have the ability to destroy something that powerful.” Dust smiled and walked down the dark hallway. “I’m working on it.”OoC: For those of you expecting an epic post, sorry. But I need to rush this along. I think Peabody Sam is getting restless hence my incredibly rushed fight against the Stromling Croc.Obviously I don’t want you going into the chamber yet but feel free to post otherwise. Hopefully I can get around to that sometime this week assuming that nothing major comes up.

That is all

IC: The sounds of hooves echoed throughout the desert as Clint waited with Maria and Harmonica. He smiled as he quickly recognized the source of the noise, and it wasn't long before Angel Eyes showed up with a posse of a few dozen men, among them Flatfoot Thomsen, his gang, and Sherriff Wyatt West."You gotta be znapn' me" Thomsen shouted upon seeing Maria. "We are working for a women. What kinda fool do ya take me for? And what'ya doin' wearin' men's clothing."There was a loud gunshot as Thomsen's hat flew off. "Any more objections?" Clint asked. The crowd remained silent.

IC: I have found a name for our ship, Kara's AI said."Oh, really? What?" Kara asked. The Reclaimer."Why that?" I found it in a popular book and video game series involving rings, powered armor, and the coolest aliens ever, like ones with four jaws, and others that are technological magicians."I'll have to look it up sometime," Kara replied.I have also found a name for myself.She broke off for a second as she shot down a missile tracking them. Cortana.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: that guy, you're getting into Katerina's head a bit too much. That's my job :P I mention this because I had thought she and Lutsky would actually get along fairly well, as she subscribes quite firmly to the ends-justify-means variety of ethics. She would certainly dislike him for almost shooting her, but that would probably be their only point of conflict.I realize it's probably quite confusing for me to take one of my most familiar characters and completely transform them. I apologize to everyone for any difficulties this causes.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OoC:Sorry about that. The only dialog she and Lutsky have had was when she almost got shot. I figured that that would lead to some more disputes in the future considering her new rather serious and military persona. I thought it was a responsible inference because I assumed she would have no tolerance for loose cannons like him. I suppose I was wrong. :sigh:If you want me to edit my previous post I can certainly do that but at this stage I can just consider it in the future. I've never interacted with Katerina Schattenburg before so I have not as much knowledge of her character as I should. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/sarcastic.gif

That is all

OOC: Interesting bit of trivia, I actually stumbled across a discussion on IMDB (which I sadly can't link you to). It turns out apparently Solid Snake actually was actually a shameless knock-off on Snake Plissken (and I know it's not the other way around, because Escape From New York came out in 1981, the first Metal Gear Solid Game came out in 1998), so the huge misconception makes even more sense.IC: Jackson fired another round before his attention was drawn to the arrival of two individuals, one of them he recognized as Cabin, the other was a gruff-looking man with long hair, a black tank top, and an eye patch."Snake," Dactyl muttered as she stood up. "I heard you were dead."

IC: Andrew stared at the being in front of him with intimidation and a hint of fear, but he did his best to put up a front calm. He was just as tired of this Malestrom business as he was still afraid of it, and he knew that just talking to Zach wouldn't be how he would get him back yet. All he could do now was give a few choice words."The Stormling formally known as Zach," he began, "me and Minerva have decided to risk it all to get inside a temple serving as the focal point of your energies, have persuaded our allies to leave us alone, luckily gotten seperated from our crew leaving us to wander into here, and have done all of those arguably stupd things, just to see if we could reclaim your former self. Call it devotion to your cause, call it arrogant stupidity that 'makes us destined to fail'(Andrew motioned air quotes to this), but the point is that we've done everything soley for your sake, because you've gotten into this position by your true self telling us there's still a chance, and because we have sympathy for your position due to me feeling like you're my mirrior opposite and I take horror and pity in that, and Minerva because..."He looked towards his ally. "Can I be frank about my opinion, Minerva?"Minerva was still a little disraught from Zach's lashings, but she took a moment to gulp and nod her head."Okay. And Minerva because you two seem to have shared affection for one another. Perhaps even love. I believe you've thought of that?"Minerva blushed a little, while Zach shot his head back in a little bit of suprise. Andrew guessed that he might've hit a sensitive spot, because the gleam of fury quickly returned to his red eyes. He aimed his Cosmotronic Ray arm at the Dino Attack agent's stomach."How perceptive for you to think that. But regarding that... rash... bit of judgement, I assume from your little speech there that you're declining our offer once more?"Sweat was beginning to appear on his forehead, but Andrew remained stern and defiant as he said "Yes." As Zach began to react to his words, sudden thoughts in his mind suddenly gave him a sharp pang of pain in the head. He grimmanced and instinctively put his hand up to it.What are you doing?! Letting yourself die just because you don't trust the distributor!?Shut. UP, Andrew told "himself", and let his eyes wander to the well-built Islander Stromling behind Zach. It had raised its eyebrow and stared at Zach. Zach stared back with confusion, then looked back at Andrew with a rather sly grin.I guess you heard that, didn't you? Andrew thougth in his mind.Eeyup, said Zach's voice inside his mind.What, no knocking first? How rude.Well, I would've invited him in.Andrew glanced back at Minerva, who was now staring at the three figures with confusion and worry."Euh, don't worry about it Minerva," Andrew said aloud. "We're just having a pleasent little mental conversatio-ERRAGH!"Something felt like it was stabbing through his forehead and jabbing into his brain. The recoil from such a mental blast knocked Andrew off his feet and onto his back. His eyes, shut tight from the reaction, saw the little light passing through his eyelids suddenly darken.Ach... what is this, guys, some kind of Malestrom gang-This..., said a voice that appeared to talk with authority and a hint of aura of menance, ...other voice of yours... seems to speak contrary to what you say aloud. I think you aren't telling us everything.What, that? It's just my "dark conciousness" that likes to think the black and grey morality thought about how I should handle my desires. Don't we all have that?But with such strength... and percistance... it seems to be more than meets the eye.Oh, you.Andrew felt annoyed that his mind was being treated like some dimmly-lit bar at night, but he kept focused on the conversation at hand. Oh alright, it has somehow managed to tell me things I wouldn't know otherwise, but I don't have an explanation for that. But I'm willing to blame faith or something. I dunno, I haven't thought much of it lately.We are the same, him and I. I just happened to speak our mind and heart bluntly, and have a few ways of guessing how things work.Geeze, with prose like that, I should be a poet or something after the war.Only if you think you could survive this encounter, said the other voice, which Andrew was guessing to be either the Malestrom itself or the Islander guy who had been in the room before. Which you won't.We'll see... about THAT.Heh heh heh. I like this guy. He makes victory just much more entertaining.Okay, do you get it yet, Mr. "Dark Conciousness?" These guys are evil and should not be worked with.They're also as cocky and overconfident and lax as every other villian in stories where the bad guy loses. I hardly fear them.You might.Exactly! WE don't fear them! This'll be easy. The Islander/Malestrom voice laughed again, this time with the intimidating deep dark one Andrew had always had a little problem with.So we shall see.Andrew then felt himself feeling alot more tired, and he began to see where this was going. As he felt himself loose conciousness, he managed think Okay, okay, but if we're doing this, let Minerva know what's happening, and that I have fate that she'll be able to handle what happens nex...OOC: Yeah, I managed to try and squeeze in a bit more of my personal drama into this. Brikman, if you feel this might interfere with your plans, let me say that if your ideas also start to involve the mind, I think I can work that into things.EDIT: Added some variations to the mind talking scene. Rather cheap method, but I think it helps to clarify things.

Edited by Andrewnuva199

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

OOC: that guy, I guess I'm still thinking of Lutsky pre-breakdown. I keep forgetting he's a loose cannon now, so I suppose that's a fair point. And it's not just you who hasn't interacted with Katerina. I haven't even interacted with her that much :P I do think she and Dust would get along well, so you hit the nail on the head with that one.And Andrewnuva, the exchange in Andrew's head was a bit hard to follow.Having trouble coming up with a real IC, so I'll just clarify some locations instead of actually contributing to the plot like a competent RPer would :PIC: With the help of a pair of warriors from the TumTum tribe, Hotwire and Helm made their way across the battlefield to the crashed Renaissance. Rockford had already arrived with an IP and several mechanics. Hotwire quickly boarded the Renaissance and joined in the attempt to convert the T-2 into a temporary command post. Helm joined the defenders outside.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OoC: Thanks for the input Jackson, the chemistry between Dust and Katerina is something I will defiantly consider in the future.As for the Renaissance I should probably mention I have plains for it. In the meantime I would rather there is no interaction with the helicopter or the T-rex until I get Hertz's fight resolved.

That is all

OOC: It was a bit hard to read Andrew's mind battle. I read it over several times and I think I finally got it.I think I can work out whatever your planning into what's going on, Andrewnuva. Let me see where you take this before I send Zach directly into the fray.IC:Minerva stared at Andrew's body, terrified and confused. "What did you do?" she asked Zach anxiously. Zach grinned and shrugged."It doesn't matter. I'll deal with him later," Zach glanced back at the Stromling Islander, who stared at Andrew's body as well, a small evil smile on his face."Who is he?" Minerva asked. She wrapped her arms underneath Andrew's arms and dragged him to the edge of the chamber away from the two Stromlings."A rather pesky member of the TumTum Tribe called Ahua," Zach replied. "He holds quite a bit of authority here. Say hello to our guest, Ahua." Zach grinned widely at the islander. Minerva saw Ahua's eyes narrow angrily, but he ignored Zach and continued to look at Andrew. "Rather rude, Ahua. Oh well."Ahua. The name slammed into Minerva's brain like a bullet. "Ahua is the guy Ghost was talking about," she whispered in realization. She winced as she glanced at Zach, whose grin had faded away rather quickly."Oh, really?" Zach said. "What exactly did Ghost say about Ahua?"Minerva bit her tongue. She had quickly forced herself into an even more dangerous position. Zach scowled, no longer amused. He turned to Ahua, who had so far blanked out their entire conversation. Zach then turned back to Minerva and walked up to her."What did Ghost say?" Zach demanded."He said Ahua wanted to bring me to the temple," Minerva finally said. Zach raised an eyebrow, then turned back Ahua. "This changes the situation a bit, doesn't it?" Zach noted. Minerva backed away as Zach glared at her and began to approach her menacingly again.****************************Commander Vinyaya gasped in pain as Colonel jabbed his fist into her spine for the fifth time. As he charged up for the sixth time, she reared back her foot and kicked the Stromling in the stomach, knocking him back. Vinyaya rolled to her feet and raised her handgun and prepared to fire.Colonel regained his composure and fired several Sonic Screamer blasts at her. She dodged the blasts, hearing an irritating whistling as the blasts flew by. She fired several shots a Colonel, clipping his right arm and the Sonic Screamer. He growled in pain as Vinyaya ran forward and started punching him into the face, knocking his cap off his head. Colonel growled again as he swung his Sonic Screamer at Vinyaya, slamming her into the chest and knocking her to the ground. She moaned and threw another kick at Colonel before he could attack again.Vinyaya dragged herself across the ground and pulled Colonel to the ground with her. She clumsily managed to get on her knees and began to swing punch after punch into the downed Colonel. She stumbled to her feet and pulled her gun out and pointed it at the Sonic Screamer and fired. The bullets ricocheted off the Maelstrom-infused metal harmlessly."Son of a Mega Blok," she muttered before slamming her foot into Colonel's chest before he could get up. She wanted Colonel's Sonic Screamer out of this fight before it proved to be extremely crippling. Vinyaya pointed the gun directly into the Sonic Screamer's barrel and fired several bullets into it with precise aiming.Vinyaya regretted that decision immediately. The bullets cause the weapons to explode. She stumbled backwards, her face burning and small bits of shrapnel hitting her armor with a loud clink! She looked at Colonel's left arm. The Sonic Screamer was more or less destroyed. Colonel was on his feet, glaring at Vinyaya. Vinyaya smiled."What are you to do now, Quartich?" she asked. She reloaded the gun and pointed it at the Stromling. "Have fun in MEGABLOKLAND!"

OoC:I’m sorry; I have a hard time knowing when something becomes too graphic. If there is protest I can go back and change it.iC:They turned the corner into the main sanctuary of the temple. It was a massive room that was more then large enough to hold a small basketball court and its vine-covered walls raised several stories high toward the ceiling of the temple.Unlike the rest of the temple the room felt warm, it had a life in it and soft brown dust hung in the air. It was still strangely quite it but it was a quite of peace. Not of death.A large rectangular hole in the roof let down a shaft of light that illuminated a great square platform in the center of the room. Large bricks littered the floor of the room from bits of the ceiling falling to earth over the years. Wide Crumbling Steps ran up on three sides of the alter and encircled the pit in which the Mealstrom vortex was held.But instead of a black and purple entity dominating the room, all that remained was a black crater on the platform. The room was empty, the Mealstrom was gone, and all traces of the monster had long since disappeared.The dino attack team stood there in shock. The entire operation had always been a red herring and all they had to show for the sweet and blood they put into it was a really big empty room.Dust smiled. He had had his suspicions that this temple was no longer in use. And he was now positive that the temple of creation was the true host. All this meant is that he did not need the D.A to clean up the mess in his new residence. The Mealstrom definitely called this place it’s home long ago, but it has not dwelt here since the time of Hotep III.“You lied to us!” yelled Lance. “You said the Mealstrom would be here!”Certainly they were protesting. He had wasted there time in more ways than one but this moment was special for him and he did not want them ruining it.The Egyptian did not immediately respond but he slowly began to descend the steps up to the alter. “I never said the Mealstrom would be here Williams. I admitted that I had no idea. I did provided strong evidence to support by theory. Fortunately for me you took the bait. Perhaps you’ll know better next time.”“You led us here for nothing.” said Septimus. “People out there are dieing and you tricked us into coming along on you personal mission.”He was now halfway up the steps. “That is exactly what I did, and quite frankly now that I have what I want I no longer need you. I care as much about those people outside as they care about me. They don’t care what happens to me; to them I’m a tool to be used on their personal mission. I’m now just going to throw you away like the broken toys that you are.”He turned his back to continue up the steps when he heard Docter Cyborg behind him. There was a faint click of a gun being cocked.“Stand aside Dust!” said Cybrog. “Your finished.”Suddenly Dust had his own gun out and had it trained on the assembled agents below. “Look, you’re welcome to go, I no longer need you anymore. Lets not spill any more blood today then we have too.”“What about those people outside!” said Cybrog. “They’re all dieing on your account!”Dust raised an eyebrow. “I take full accountability for that. But an apology would sound hollow coming from me wouldn’t it? What I mean is that I really don’t want to kill you. Now please put the gun down Doc.”Docter Cyborg was not convinced but Septimus slowly came up and took his gun. The drone placed it on the ground and looked Dust in the eyes.“What’s you plain Dust?” said Katerina. “If we go do you think you’re going to spend the rest of your life sitting alone in this temple.”Dust laughed. “I have had a plain for the last twenty-three years of my life, everything I’ve done has led up to this point! I’m finished now, I can do what I want, and my life is now complete. Oh the joy of not having a plain!”“You’re insane.” Muttered Lance.Dust was suddenly serious. “You’re welcome to believe that Lance.” He said as he pointed the gun at the surfer. “I really don’t give a darn what you think about me. I don’t care. No one has ever cared. Now I recommend you go before I change my mind about killing you.”He was now at the top of the steps looking down at the seven agents below him. They looked up at him not as much with anger as with pity.Katerina frowned “I’m sorry we gave you this second chance Dust. Rockford said you had a chance to be a hero but you let him down. You let us all down.”The comment about Rockford took Dust back a second. He had no idea why he strived to make the commander proud, it was not something he felt since he was under the guidance of Professor Kilroy back at the museum.Dust ignored the comment. “That’s the thing with you people. You’ve been living under the false impression all these years that you’re doing things for the greater good and not for your own self respect. You’re not fighting the maelstrom for the planet, your fighting it out of obligation and so you feel better about yourself. You’re all so self righteous.”Cyborg shook his head. “You know what Dust. I do pity you, I feel sorry that you can still believe after all this time we’re that bad guys. That humanity is basically bad. I don’t know what happened in you’re life but I’m sorry.”The Egyption nodded. “You’re right, you don’t know what I’ve been threw. If you did you would most certainly know what this means.”The doctor shook his head sadly and turned to the assembled agents. “Lets go guys. There is nothing we can do. He’s broken lets just let him be.”Dust looked down in surprise at the assembled agents as they turned to leave. What did this mean? They had not turned in anger, they did not react with violence, and they had done the unexpected. He had anticipated conflict at the end, now he just stood alone holding his gunThe faces of the people below told the Egyptian one incredibly inconvenient truth; these where not bad people. They truly did work for the greater good; how could he have lived without seeing that?He was breathing heavily. What had the last thirty-three years of his life been about? What had he lived his life off the assumption of? That man was only out for his own personal gain? That the only thing that drove people was their own primordial urges of wrath and greed?His life was wasted. His understanding of the world had been wrong all these years.This could not be true; these were the people he thought they were. Any moment they would turn around and shoot him and take his temple from him.Dust looked down at his trembling hand holding his gun. He would stop them, he would not give them the satisfaction of killing him. These were bad people just like him and he would make them understand.He was desperate. He needed a reaction, anything that would confirm his beliefs. Holding the gun tightly he held it high and screamed at the top of his lungs.“THIS IS MY TEMPLE!”A single gunshot cracked threw the chamber. The agents turned to see who pulled the trigger and saw Dust still standing on the top of the platform with a surprised look on his face.He looked down at his chest in shock. A quickly growing red stain was spreading from his abdomen and he staggered backward.Below stood Carl Lutsky with the smoking gun. A look of cold satisfaction was on his face. No one had taken much notice of the commander the entire trip and if they did they might had seen his true intentions all along.He pulled the trigger again.Dust stumbled backward as the bulled impacted with his chest. He coughed and slowly fell to his knees. Everything was happening in slow motion and his gun fell from his hand and tumbled down the steps.His hands where now extended from his side and he looked up at white light visible threw the hole in the roof. What did this all mean?Lutsky fired twice more and Dust slowly tumbled backward to lie on the cold stones of the temple alter. His heart was pumping rapidly and the Egyptian coughed blood.This is what it felt like to die. He could not move, he lay there in his slowly growing pool of blood looking up at this sky. His chest heaved up and down as he struggled to breath.Soon they were with him. Doctor Cyborg, Lance, Septimus, and Katerina had all climbed the steps and were huddled around the dieing man.Cyborg took Dust by the hand “Come on Dust stay with us!”“Stop the bleeding!” yelled Lance.They struggled to bandage his chest. Katerina called a Loop to fetch gauss but they all knew there was nothing they could do at this stage.The Egyption could do nothing he just laid there looking into the faces of these good people. After all he had done, after every con he’d pulled they still were making an effort to make matters right.Dust coughed. “This… This…”“Come on Dust you can pull threw this,” said Katerina. “It’s okay.”“This is how I want to go.” Stammered Dust. His eyes darted around the chamber and settled on the scull like face of Septimus.“This is where I want to die.”“Hay man don’t give up,” whispered Lance.The Egyptian choked and gurgled. His arms began shaking. He was going into shock.“Tell Rock…Tell Rock…Tell Rockford…It’s been an honor…knowing him.” Gasped Dust. His eyes began to close and he began to lay still.“Tell him I’m…sor… sor… ry.”Gahiji’s eyes glazed over and he stopped shaking. He looked peaceful in state and his eyes remained locked on the white sky visible threw the ceiling.Gahiji Thutmose’s death was surprising in two ways. He died in his temple, the place he had devoted his entire life too. This is what it had all been about for him. That had always been his destiny.The second was that he did not die alone.

That is all

OOC: Well that's perfect, Atton, because "somewhere on the edge of the battlefield" is exactly where my characters are as well :Pthat guy, that was incredibly moving.So Rex, Amanda, Kate, and Rotor just walked straight into the real Maelstrom Temple with no backup. I imagine this is all part of the plan.IC: Now that they had made it back to the battlefield intact, the most pressing problem that faced Hotwire and Helm was the fact that neither of them were armed. There hadn't been time to bring any weapons with them when they bailed out. Hoping to avoid the attention of the combatants on the temple grounds, the two of them stayed just within the forest and began to circle the battlefield, with a significant degree of difficulty in Hotwire's case. After a few minutes, Helm spotted a Fire Hammer concealed within the trees halfway up a nearby hill. With this new goal in mind, Hotwire summoned all his strength and determination and forced himself onward despite the pain in his severed leg.Before long they arrived at the Fire Hammer. There were already four other DA agents there."You two don't look too good," said one of the agents, a woman perched on the roof of the Fire Hammer with a sniper rifle."We've sure seen better," said Hotwire, wincing in pain."We were on the Talon, and bailed out just before it became corrupted," explained Helm. "I'm Helm, and this is Hotwire.""Dactyl," the woman responded. "Pleased to meet you. This is Jackson." She gestured at the other agent on top of the Fire Hammer, who nodded. The remaining two, another woman and a long-haired man with one eye, introduced themselves as Cabin and Snake.Hotwire recognized one of the names. "Cabin," he said, then realizing, "You were on the T-1 that crashed." Cabin nodded. "Frankly," Hotwire continued, "with all the work I put into the Talon, I would have preferred that it be blown up rather than stolen by the Maelstrom." He winced again. "Would any of you happen to have painkillers?"------------------------Katerina slowly stood, looking sadly at the late Gahiji Thutmose. Despite her misgivings about him before awakening from her fictional life as Kat, she had nothing but respect for the man. Here was someone who, like her, had set himself a goal and dedicated his entire being to it. The only difference was that Dust saw his goal achieved -- in barely more than three decades, at that -- and after almost eighty years of life, Katerina was no longer sure she ever would see her own success.She would miss this kindred spirit.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: Wow...That was quite the spectacular ending for Dust, that guy. It certainly felt appropriate for Dust to die. Especially in his temple. By Lutsky's hand.Holy smokes. I really can't say I saw that coming.Except the red herring. Ho ho ho. A twist of a twist.I'm anxious to see where the story goes now. Good on you, that guy. Potentially important response IC later.So with the Big Reveal more or less "revealed," may I have the Maelstrom reveal the big reveal to the Dino Attack Team as you suggested, Peabody Sam?

IC: "I'm afraid not," replied Snake. He reached into his pocket for a pack of cigarettes and offered one to Hotwire, who politely turned them down."I'm Helmie, by the way," replied the man accompanying Hotwire."So what's the plan?" Cabin asked."I don't know," replied Helmie. "Right now we don't have much in the way of weaponry.""I'm afraid we can't help you much there," replied Cabin. "All Snake and I got are the rifles we salvaged from the crash. There might be some ammunition in the back of this fire hammer, though."

"Great" Lance remarked. "This is just wonderful isn't it? The one guy who knew this temple is dead. What chance do we have now?"At that moment, Lance thought he heard something, and promptly turned and drew his gun...

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC:I am not resolving these problems, just giving a possible solution.Also, I am retconning the fuel rod cannon wait time from a month to three or four days, depending on activity of the ship.IC:"Cortana, I can't harm the Talon. What are the weak spots?" Kara said.Calculating based on bricks used, structual integrity, and clutch power. Ah, here we are. She brought up a building plan on the HUD and highlighted a few spots. You can hit the base of the tail, base of the rotor, or between the cockpit windows, Cortana said.Kara aimed the Cosmotronic Rays at all three weak spots, to no avail. "It's not working! Is there any other way?" Well, you could land the ship for ten minutes. "What good would that do?" Kara asked. That would allow me to jump-charge the fuel rod gun, giving a sufficiently powerful blast to forcefully disassemble the Talon.Kara landed, waited ten minutes, took off again and chased the Talon.Preparing to fire, Cortana said.--------------------------------"Well, that's just prime," Dr. Cyborg said. He looked around the room, then continued. "This is all we got for the price we paid. Now I really want my refund. This price was too high."He then looked to Lutsky. "Lutsky, I think I have the right and power to arrest you on the spot for murder.Former Commander Lutsky, on a charge of murder, I hereby place you......"OOC:Note, I did not destroy the Talon, nor did I place Lutsky under arrest. This is what Dr. Cyborg would do. To have Lutsky arrested, Cyborg must finish his sentence, "under arrest." If you don't want that guy, feel free to make an earthquake knock him down and stop it, or something.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC:His force of will was close to breaking. The chaos was strong, and he was weak. He knew this, but he also knew that he would never give up. If anything, his spirit would die to exhaustion. And then, something happened. The unstoppable force... gave ground.He mentally pushed, straining to control his body. And suddenly, he was free. From all he had heard, he thought it was impossible. The Maelstrom was not impossible to resist. But it had been draining. He looked out the cockpit of his jet, and he saw the ground rushing up to meet him."Megablocking..." said Captain Hugh Yena.And then, he saw no more.*****"Megafriggingznapingblocking megablocks," B swore up to the sky.First it was the dinos, then the ADO showed up to "help." Help. Heh. Better call the dictionary people, 'cause "help" now means a missile to the rear end of your jeep. I just got that thing back on its wheels, and now... well, there's no way we're fixing that thing.B looked around him. He was farther away from the battle than he would have preferred under normal circumstances, but now, was perfect.Ironic that I'm in worse shape than either Kev or Chris, and yet I'm the only one who wasn't knocked out. Ow... my head.He dragged Kev and Chris away from the fiery wreck of the Hammer. A glint of light caught his eye and he looked up at where it was coming from. An ADO jet, presumably one of the hijacked ones, was flying, or rather falling, towards him.A crash, the screaming sound of metal and dirt clashing, and then B was left standing between to very similar piles of smoking metal. He stared for a second, and then his natural practicality and training took over.Those jets usually have great cushioning, in case of scenarios exactly like this. So, even though the rest of the plane's a smoking wreck, there's a good chance the pilot's still alive.B gingerly pried open the cockpit and pulled the body from it. It had a distinctive purplish tinge to it, but not to the extent of the Stromlings. The face was familiar."Yena. If you live through this, man, we are even."

Edited by crazylegoman

OoC: Thank you for your high praise regarding my climax.I’m glad it had the impact I intended. I wanted Gahiji’s death to be sad, he lived a hard life and he was only exposed to the worst of people. Throughout the RPG I did not want to write many redeeming values about him, he was a scumbag and a murderer for much of his life but I always felt like he needed to be relatively sympathetic. I believe his last minute epiphany showed that he was a broken man and that he was still capable of atoning for his crimes.Lutsky has always been my true villain. I wanted him to be narsistic to the max and unrepentant of his past misdoings. He convinced himself he was doing what was right and that was his excuses for evil. Carl Lutsky cannot see anyone else’s point of view and he believes he is incapable of doing wrong. He has no accountability for his mistakes and will always lay the blame on a subordinate. These qualities have always made him a bad man but it was Dust who pushed him over the edge.It was not an accident that Gahiji was killed by his own creation. I always intended a curtain degree of symbolism to be present. Nothing was on accident. The post was planed weeks in advance and involved quite a bit of meticulous edits. I had always intended to have Dust die. You may remember his nightmare at outpost 108 in which he dreamt of being killed by Choppy. Obviously that could not be there always was plain for a last minute betrayalMy only regret is not being able to interact with Katerina more. If I had no plains to kill Dust latter perhaps I would have pursed a relationship. Alas is was not to be, over the last two years I have grown attached to Dust I and I find myself grieving his death.Lutsky is to be arrested Avmatoran. That was always my plain and I’m glad you caught on. You are welcome to start that chapter but I still have plains for him in the future so don’t dive to deep into his character yet.Many of you theorized about the temple of creation. That was something Peabody and me had worked out long before the forums went down. He wanted my to try and convince you that Hotep’s temple was the maelstrom temple and I made an effort to the end. But not even the great Peabody new I would have Gahiji Thutmose die.In the meantime I am going to bring my attention to Hertz. I intend for him to become my new primary character and have great work planed for him in the future. I might do a post featuring him sometime today or tomorrow.Again, thank you for your kind words. It warms my hart being able to convey the strong emotion I had always intended to be at the end of Dust’s story.

That is all

OOC: I do in fact remember that dream. That was the first thing that came to my mind as I read Dust's conclusion.Since it is now clearly obvious that the Maelstrom Temple is NOT Hotep III's temple, I go ahead with an IC post that has been in development for a few weeks.IC:Nazareno nodded as he watched Zelda Frodongan slowly walk across the room. Every step she took was a shaking, unstable one. She occasionally lost her balance and collapsed, but quickly pulled herself back up and continued walking. To the side several doctors were writing down observations in her movement. Nazareno smirked slightly.She is their ideal Guinea pig, Nazareno noted. The first ever cured Stromling had to be put under various tests to see any changes her well-being, including her motor skills. Nazareno only hoped he could get Zelda alone so he could begin helping her train her mind against the Maelstrom. The other doctors wanted to find a way to completely flush out the Maelstrom, but Nazareno felt it was unlikely to happy. The Maelstrom is extremely powerful and Nazareno could easily see it holding a grudge against those who managed to escape much of its wrath by hanging over their head for the rest of their lives.Nazareno stirred uncomfortably. He placed a hand on his stomach. The Maelstrom wound pulsed impatiently and rapidly. He had intended to talk to a doctor about it, but the issue of Zelda had overshadowed concern for his own wellbeing. The wound needed to addressed soon."Alright," Dr. Saran said as Zelda completed her course. "That's good. Take a break for a bit." Zelda nodded slowly and went to sit on her bed. Nazareno walked over to her. She was panting heavily as she looked up to the approaching space ninja."Are you alright?" he asked. Zelda nodded quickly."Yes," she gasped between pants. "My body just took a good beating from the Maelstrom and it is still recovering." Nazareno nodded. He was glad to Zelda was calmer and more laid back compared to her first revival."That reminds me," Nazareno said, remembering the moments before Zelda became a Stromling again. "You were about to say something earlier about the Maelstrom before you became a Stromling." She looked at him, confused. "About the Maelstrom Temple? Hotep III's temple? Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins? Ring a bell?" She continued to look at him with a puzzled look. Suddenly, she jumped."Oh my gosh!" she yelled in realization. "I remember. The Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins isn't the Maelstrom Temple!" Nazareno mouth dropped underneath his mask."Are you sure?" Nazareno asked slowly, fearing the worst. "Are you sure the Maelstrom isn't just messing with your mind?"Zelda shook her head hurriedly. "No! The Temple of Creation is the Maelstrom Temple! My last message from Zach said he and the other Stromling were building up forces primarily at the Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins to trick the Dino Attack into thinking the Maelstrom Temple was Hotep III's Temple. It was a trap!""Coupled with the fact that a XERRD scientist we were tracking lead us there, it seemed everything had worked out in the Maelstrom's favor," Nazareno noted. He knew he should have expected this, and yet it was still unexpected. The Dino Attack had walked into another trap set up by the enemy. Rather, both enemies had lead them into a trap."Stay here," he said Zelda as he turned. "I need to find Windows and inform him of this new development."

IC: Garry's attention was drawn towards the noise of footsteps running. Turning around the hallway, he saw the familiar face... er- mask, of Kareem Nazareno."What's going on?" Garry asked."I need to find Windows," replied Nazareno. "It's incredibly urgent.""Why?" Asked Garry. "What's going on?""The whole thing is a trap," replied Nazareno. "Do you know where he is?""Of course," replied Garry. "He's in the radio room, where I left him. Come on."

Windows laid back in his chair, his headphones around his neck, half asleep when his attention was suddenly drawn by Garry."What's going on?" Windows asked as he turned and noticed the somewhat intimidating space ninja standing in the doorway."Get on the radio, quickly," replied Garry. "Our friend here just discovered something about the Maelstrom temple.""I've just spent a full two hours trying to reach them," replied Windows. "I can't get in touch with Hertz. I keep trying but he won't acknowledge and I can't seem to reach znap out there and I'm starting to think that nobody's been able to reach anybody on this whole megablockn' island man!"

OOC: Heh, figures that the one day that I'm busy all day and cannot finish that IC post that I had planned turns out to be the day where that guy finally reveals the big reveal that he and I had been planning for about a year.Although, I must say, Dust's death came as a real shock, but it was a beautiful thing to read and the best possible way to end such a well-written character. I have to say, it was truly a real pleasure having you (and Dust) in this RPG, that guy from that show.Anyways, yes - the cat is out of the bag now, and the Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins is not the Maelstrom Temple (and, if you carefully noticed, I had never confirmed OOC that it was the Maelstrom Temple... I always referred to it as just the Forbidden Ruins). And yes - Rex, Amanda, Kate, and Rotor walked into the real Maelstrom Temple without any back-up. I promise that, tomorrow, I will do my best to finish up that IC so it may be posted as quickly as possible.

OOC:Was that the reason you wanted Catless to go with the main party, PeaSam? Meh. Can we please retcon so Catless is in the temple, or have her go there because she feels bad about leaving them, or something? Since Hotep III isn't the temple, I would like Catless in the temple of Creation, so I have a character in the real Maelstrom temple.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: avmatoran, don't worry about it. None of the rest of us have characters there except Atton, and he can't really do much since (presumably) he's not in on the plans. We'll get there soon enoughcrazy, it's ADO, not ADU. The ADUs are the helicopters.

My only regret is not being able to interact with Katerina more. If I had no plains to kill Dust latter perhaps I would have pursed a relationship. Alas is was not to be, over the last two years I have grown attached to Dust I and I find myself grieving his death.

I also regret the short duration of their interaction. However, I feel I must also mention that a romantic relationship would have been impossible. She may not look it in her synthfig body, but Katerina is close to eighty years old. Beyond that, Kat has always been pretty much aromantic.And I think we all got attached to Dust. I mourn him as well (and I kinda wish I could have gotten as many people attached to Tracer, but oh well :P).IC: Loop gathered more and more electricity from the T-1's systems. The Maelstrom was in such total control that the drain went unnoticed by both of the Stromlings. He soon felt as though his electricity-storing cells would rupture, but continued to absorb as much power as he could. The Maelstrom swirling between him and the Talon suddenly seemed to take notice, and Loop saw his last chance.In one burst, he released all the electricity. It surged through the Talon, frying circuits, blowing out equipment, and ultimately, stopping the motors cold. Sparks swarmed across the bodies of Cyrus and Phoenix as well, and the two screamed in pain and lost consciousness. The T-1 plunged towards the ground as the rotors spun lazily to a halt. Loop could feel the Maelstrom trying desperately to restart the engines, but he'd spent years toying with electricity, and he had ensured that each and every system was stone dead. ------------------------"Well, perhaps we should just be ready to move out if we are needed elsewhere," said Hotwire. The other five agreed, and they began to prepare the Fire Hammer for departure. Suddenly Hotwire's attention was drawn to the battlefield. The Talon's rotors had stopped, and it plummeted nose-first in a steep downward arc until it finally plowed into the ground and slid about thirty feet, crushing a group TumTum warriors and DA agents in addition to several mutant lizards. The massive helicopter finally came to rest a short distance from the trees, a ruined flaming hulk with barely any remnant of its former glory, and was still.------------------------Phoenix and Cyrus pushed their way out of the wreckage of the Talon as the Maelstrom quickly healed their wounds. They walked over to where Loop lay after being thrown from the cockpit in the crash. The synthfig's breath was shallow, and he was pale with blood loss, but there was a faint smile on his face. Phoenix saw his expression and sneered."You'd probably prefer to go this way, as desperate for autonomy as you are," she spat. "Unfortunately, you've been too much of a pain for us to let you get off that easily." She grabbed one of his arms."Don't worry," added Cyrus, grabbing Loop's other arm. The Stromlings dragged him back to the Talon. "This will only hurt so much that no other pain you've ever experienced will compare to it."At that moment the Maelstrom which had infected the Talon surged out of the wreck and into the body of the dying synthfig. He jerked and squeezed his eyes shut as it began to overwhelm all his defenses. His storage cells were quickly filled, but the dark energies continued to fill him; it seemed that Cyrus and Phoenix had used him to tap into a larger source of Maelstrom energy, far more than was necessary to corrupt one normal person.Loop, though, was anything but normal. It soon became clear that the description 'Maelstrom resistant' was in fact relative to the quantity of Maelstrom in question. It filled every fiber in his body and relentlessly assaulted his mind. It was already restoring his body to health, so he finally had no choice but to succumb.From the perspective of Lupus Schattenberg, this was a fate far, far worse than death, for when he opened his eyes again, he was no longer a free being. Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC:Okay. I just feel cheated, having maneuvered Dr. Cyborg to go into the temple, where he would be most useful, and it's the Temple of Creation.IC:"...under arrest," Dr. Cyborg finished. He was relieved. No earthquake had knocked him off his feet, stopping him from arresting Lutsky. He was supposed to arrest him.He looked around for something to use as handcuffs."Here," Lance said as he took off his belt. "Use these."Dr. Cyborg cinched the belt tight around Lutsky's hands."You will be held on trial for murder when we return to camp. You will tell us where your weapons are on your person. You will not try to escape. If you do, your sentence will be worse. Do you understand?" Lutsky sullenly nodded in the affirmative."Now," Dr. Cyborg said, "on to more pressing matters. Where is the true Maelstrom temple? It is most likely the temple of Creation, but are there any other temples in the area that could be a host?"-------------------------The Talon suddenly started falling towards the ground."Cortana, hold fire!" Kara said. She watched as it plummeted towards the ground. It broke apart into a thousand parts. "Like cheap *********(megabloks) on a kitchen floor!"

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: That's the point, avmatoran. Everyone (except that guy from that show) was supposed to feel cheated. Hey, what can I say? I love Quadrant 14 scenarios (and anyone who has been in the Dino Attack RPG for the Goo Caverns knows all too well what I mean by that), since Bait-and-Switch plot twists make things more interesting.I was hoping to post this immediately after the big reveal, while you guys were still trying to recover from the shock factor. Hopefully, this is not too late.IC: Rex, Amanda, Rotor, and Kate stared at the figure who emerged from the shadows. He was clad in high-tech black armor, similar in style to Ogel's wardrobe or a Blacktron spacesuit. In one hand, he held what appeared to be a miniature rocket launcher, and in the other, he held a strange device. Although his head was masked by a helmet, as he drew closer to the light of the Imagination statue, Rex could make out his features through the figure's visor, and from his earliest memories, he recognized that face. It was the last face he expected to see in the Temple of Creation."Hello again, Rex," smiled the figure. "It's been far too long since we last spoke.""Doctor Wallace Bishop," Rex gritted his teeth, unable to believe his eyes. "What are you doing here?""One might say," smirked Wallace Bishop as he approached the group, "I'm here on the same mission as you." As Dr. Bishop drew closer, Rotor picked up his weapon and pointed at the XERRD scientist, who raised his arms in a show of peace. "Now, now. Let's not be pointing guns at each other. I have no intention of using this rocket launcher on you... it's for my own protection. I presume you four had some Stromling problems on the way in?"Dr. Bishop sighed bitterly as he approached the Imagination statue. "The Maelstrom grows stronger every day. And all that keeps us alive is this tiny orb of Imagination. It is beautiful, is it not? And yet, it is so frail. Powerful, but frail. Rather like hope, is it not? So easily snuffed out, but it's what keeps us alive. An eternal paradox.""So why do you spend your time supporting that which destroys Imagination?" demanded Rotor."The Maelstrom?" Dr. Bishop responded without looking at the Dino Attack agent. "While one may think that the best way to study is to always look at the light, sometimes its properties can be best understood by looking at the darkness. A balance must be met, for nothing is solely light or completely darkness. Paradox taught me this."Staring at the Imagination, Kate softly murmured, "So beautiful, and yet so frail."This drew Wallace's attention away from the Imagination and towards Kate. His expression held concern, and even a bit of fear. "... Kate? What are you doing here, my dear? It's far too dangerous!"The fear he heard in Wallace's voice alarmed Rex, and he knew what was about to happen but was too slow to stop it. Before Rex could do anything, Rotor forcefully grabbed Kate Bishop, locked her body against his, and pressed a pistol to the girl's temple. Crying out "Rotor!" was the only thing Rex could manage.Rotor smirked maliciously and locked eyes with Wallace Bishop. "Surrender now!" he hissed through clenched teeth. "If you don't do as I say, your little girl gets a bullet in her head!"Dr. Bishop's face contorted into a grimace. He pointed his rocket launcher at Rotor and Kate, declaring, "And if you dare do that, then I shall have no qualms about firing this at you! You would be dead less than a second after you fire that pistol!"Kate's lips trembled in terror, and tears gathered at her eyes. The whole thing was far too much for her, and Rex and Amanda knew that their plan of not bringing Kate to the Maelstrom Temple had backfired horribly. It was time to step in quickly.Rex lifted his Sonic Screamer and aimed it at the XERRD scientist. At the same time, Amanda pointed her knife at Rotor with a clearly murderous intent, letting him know that if he tried anything, she would kill him instantly. "Doctor Wallace Bishop," declared Rex, "as second-in-command to XERRD, you are under arrest. Do not attempt to struggle or resist, for you are outnumbered."Rex heard the sounds of two pistols clicking. He turned over his shoulder to see Señor Palomar, wearing a gas mask and wielding double pistols, one pointed at Rex and the other pointed at Amanda. "Apologies for turning this into a Mexican Standoff, señor," smirked Palomar, "but it appears you were quite wrong about that statement."Laughter rang through the temple chamber, and the Dino Attack agents' eyes widened in horror as they saw more figures emerge from the shadows of the chamber. Most were clad in high-tech armor like Dr. Bishop, but a few were dressed in sorcerer garb, and one was even wearing shinobi robes. They all were dressed in a black-red color scheme, with the XERRD emblem printed on their sleeves. Among those dressed in high-tech armor, Rex recognized Michelle Glados, Zed Provhezor, and Walter Breen, and one of the sorcerers bore striking resemblance to that female scientist that Zachary Virchaus was chatting with while infiltrating the XERRD Fortress."What are you all doing here?" demanded Rex. "The rest of the Dino Attack Team is following Paulie Gonepus to the Maelstrom Temple... and you're all here, in the Temple of Creation?""Following Paulie Gonepus?" repeated Walter Breen. "Do tell, where did he lead them?""The Pharaoh's Forbidden..." Rex began weakly, before his voice broke as a cold and dreaded realization washed over him.The XERRD scientists chuckled unanimously. "Doktor Paulie Gonepuz may be obzezzed viz hiz Maelztrom energy," sneered Zed Provhezor, "but he iz not a vool. Vy, zat iz quite brilliant ov him indeed! I juzt love red herringz, don't you?""No..." whispered Rex."You see, Rex," explained Wallace Bishop, "the reason I said that the Imagination here is the only thing keeping us alive..."Dr. Bishop moved aside, and for the first time, the Dino Attack agents could make out the massive vortex of Maelstrom energy in the far end of the chamber. Cold fear overcame all their senses as they stared into the swirling black hole of destruction."Velkome, voolish Dino Attack agentz," laughed Dr. Provhezor, "to ze Maelztrom Temple!"Before they could recover from their shock, Dr. Bishop cleared his throat. "And now, if you don't mind, I must collect some Maelstrom energy with this device here." He lifted the strange device he held in one hand. "This is a Maelstrom Vacuum, invented by Paradox with the purpose of collecting Maelstrom samples. XERRD has been harvesting these samples from this temple for use in our experiments, as well as using it to keep the Maelstrom's power in check.""You may proceed, Dr. Bishop," nodded Señor Palomar. "We'll take care of these Dino Attack agents for you."Wallace Bishop stiffened and raised his hand. "I shall refrain from battle. Kate! I suggest you do likewise, my dear; it's too dangerous for you. And, I swear to the First Builders, if anyone dares to lay a finger on her, I don't care if you are a Dino Attack agent or a high-ranking XERRD scientist... you will pay dearly. Mark my words." With that, he turned away from the others and approached the Maelstrom vortex."Rotor," ordered Amanda, "let go of Kate now."Rotor complied, but this time it was because he knew that he would be a better fighter against the XERRD scientists if he did not have one arm occupied with Kate."Kate," whispered Rex, "Dr. Bishop is right; it's too dangerous for you. Stand back and stay out of the battle... should we fall, I need to depend on you to warn the rest of the team.""Alright then," announced Walter Breen, "you all do battle... I'll just stand here and supervise-""Nein!" snapped Zed Provhezor, grabbing Dr. Breen with his mechanical arm. "You vill do juzt vine on ze vront linez!"Michelle Glados walked slowly and calmly towards the Dino Attack agents, with a rocket launcher in one hand and her teleportation device in the other hand. A hint of a sadistic smile appeared on her face as she declared in her ever-monotonous voice, "This is the part where we kill you."The battle for the Maelstrom Temple had begun.OOC: ... Hmm, I'm thinking I'll give you guys a week or so if you want to participate in the battle against the scientists before I move on. We have so much to do, and so little time! But at last, the true climax of the Adventurers' Island story arc is here!EDIT: I should probably elaborate, in case anyone makes it to the Maelstrom Temple in time to battle the scientists. Feel free to kill the unnamed redshirt scientists. You can also kill Breen if you want, but just don't make it too easy. Obviously, Palomar is off-limits for the killing, but you can defeat him in a non-lethal way if you wish (again, feel free to do so, but just don't make it too easy). Glados and Provhezor can be fought but cannot be defeated, and Bishop cannot be engaged in battle.

Edited by PeabodySam