Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

OOC: This is a flashback, I presume?And in the following IC, Bartholomew Helmutson will finally reunite with his son! :DIC: The stack of files Helm had surveyed already was now larger than the stack of files he had left, and still no lead. However, this only increased his optimism -- I'm that much closer to finding him! So he cheerfully forged onward through the P's, Q's, R's...Several minutes later he opened a file and his heart stopped. He attempted to steady his shaking hands, but he was entirely numb, overcome by the sensation that someone else was in control of his body, and he was merely a spectator. He set the file down and blinked. As his heart and soul sank lower than the deepest trenches he'd ever sailed above, he reread the line of text over and over, hoping and praying that somehow he was mistaken. Or perhaps it was the file was wrong. But the words were right there, plain as day. They took up no more than four inches of space. And the weight of those six little words utterly crushed him.Rookie Agent Jason Helmutson, codename "Tracer."

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: This is a flashback, I presume?And in the following IC, Bartholomew Helmutson will finally reunite with his son! :biggrin:
OOC: Yes, it's Trigger's job back at Mindstorms. I'm making up most of the details as I go but I got a basic idea of the key points.

Rookie Agent Jason Helmutson, codename "Tracer."
OOC: *tries to flip laptop, but severely miscalculates the mass of said laptop, causing said laptop to not be flipped over entirely and instead fall back on my exposed fingers... ouch*If I have any major ideas regarding your flashback, Atton, I shoot them over to you via PM.IC: Rex stood in his room, watching the sun set outside his window. The skies were filled with a most beautiful array of colors, making the sight spectacular, although not quite as picturesque as the sunset on Adventurers' Island, since LEGO City was still in ruins thanks to the Dino Attack. Still, the sunset could not ease Rex's anxieties. He felt as though there was still something that needed to be-"Tick, tock, tick tock."Rex froze in shock. As soon as he recovered, he whirled around, but no one was there. Just his shadow, cast upon the wall by the light of the setting sun. Confused, Rex was ready to dismiss it as something he imagined... only to realize that what he first conceived as his shadow did not quite match his form. Whoever this shadow belonged to, he clearly wore a top hat, a cape, and carried a scepter...Rex blinked. "What are you doing here?" he demanded. "We banished you!"The shadow laughed. "I'd like to congratulate your team on that, by the way. Quite impressive indeed. I never thought you'd have the strength to do it, and yet here you are, having survived a direct encounter with the Darkitect himself. Of course, if I had the Maelstrom Crystal or was at the height of my power, you would never have survived. Still, I admire your efforts... but you are a fool to think that you have completely banished me from LEGO Planet."Rex looked down at his own legs. "I'm standing," he realized. "This must be a dream. You're not real, only a mere shadow from the back of my mind."The shadow shook his head. "True, but dreams reflect the subconscious... and that's where I shall never leave you, Rex. By closing the Maelstrom vortex on Adventurers' Island, you may think that you've shut my only window to the LEGO Planet. That is not true. As long as Dr. Rex lives, I still have power here. I've taken up residence in his subconscious for a long time, and the old fool is no match for the power of my mind. I influence his decisions and control his mind. The best part is... he brought it upon himself. As for you, Rex, I may not have domination over your mind, but your body is poisoned, and I intend to make your fate as terrible as possible."Rex remembered Frank Einstein's message. "Oh, right. I've got less than a month to live. Gee, thanks a lot, by the way. Really appreciate it. But, the thing is... I've won that battle already. I've made peace with my fate, and I'll accept the bell's toll when I hear it ringing. Nothing you can do will change that."The shadow chuckled softly, a most hideous sound. "Death? You think death is the worst part? Oh, no, Rex. You are terribly mistaken. Death is mercy, an escape. I intend to make your life as miserable and as full of suffering as is in my power. You will die, Rex, but first you will watch all that you know and love be destroyed by the Mutant Dinosaurs. You will suffer, Rex. And then, only once you have suffered the greatest of all pains and you are literally begging for death... only then shall I be merciful to give it to you."Rex scowled. He ran up to the shadow and tried to punch it with all his might, but his fist hit the wall instead. As his hand recoiled from the shock and Rex grimaced in pain, the shadow laughed once again. "Tick, tock, tick tock!"BEEP! BEEP!Rex awoke. He was still lying on his bed in his room. His forehead was covered with sweat, and his heart was pounding again. He glanced at the clock and cursed softly when he saw that several hours had passed since he fell asleep. Still, he felt a little refreshed, as Amanda hoped that he would, even if the dream was very unsettling.BEEP! BEEP!"Alright, alright," muttered Rex. He grabbed his PDA from the desk beside his bed and pressed it against his ear. "Elite Agent Rex."The voice he heard on the other line was the female receptionist of Dino Attack Headquarters. "Gun would like to speak with you in the lobby as soon as possible.""I'll be there immediately," nodded Rex. He hung up, then sat up on his bed. "Gun?" he mused to himself. "Really? These Dino Attack agents' codenames are becoming less and less creative every day." Then, he realized that he was alone in the room. Wondering where Amanda was, he picked his PDA up again and sent a quick text message to Amanda.A moment later, he received her reply. She had gone for a walk and would return as soon as she finished one last errand that she needed to run.

Medic stood in his lab, located in the Dino Attack hospital wing. Before him, Engineer laid on an operating table. The equipment for the procedure had been set up, and now all that remained was extracting the memories from Engineer’s eyes and brain cells.Medic picked up his bone saw and looked it over, inspecting its sharpness and checking for rust. In its reflection, he saw his comrade, Heavy, sitting in an nearby chair and resting his head on his hand, with his eyes half-shut.Medic smiled gently, putting the bone saw back down. He turned and approached Heavy. “Ivan,” he murmured, “you are an exzellent comrade und a great vriend, but you are tired und veary. You don’t have to ztay iv you don’t vant to. Vy don’t you get zome rezt?”Heavy stirred slightly from his position. “I vant to be here, Dietrich,” he declared. “Engineer is dead. I do not vant to see you dead either.”Medic laid a hand on Heavy’s shoulder. “I underztand your conzernz. But, do not vorget zat I can devend myzelv should I be in danger. Remember zat one Hybrid in Gold Zity?”Heavy grinned. He stood from his chair and patted Medic on the back. “Perhaps late-night snack vill help me stay avake. I vill be back… vith sandvich.” With that, Heavy walked out of the lab, closing the door behind him.Medic chuckled softly as he watched Heavy leave. He turned his attention back to Engineer, and then picked up the bone saw once more. He heard the door open again, too soon to be Heavy with his sandwich. In his surprise, Medic bumped against the operating table, and then something fell out of Engineer’s gloved hand.Raising an eyebrow, Medic bent down and picked it up off the floor. It was a crinkled piece of paper. Unfolding it, Medic saw a message scrawled on the paper, consisting of only two words:You’re next.Medic took this death threat as a warning. He tightened his grip on his bone saw and then spun around, swinging the bone saw like a sword at the one who had entered the lab. It hit against a metallic object, and Medic saw a pistol flying out of his attacker’s hand. Medic prepared to swing again, this time to draw blood.Then, Medic caught a good look at the mysterious attacker. What he saw paralyzed his entire body, and he could only manage a choked: “Nein! It cannot be!”The attacker, on the other hand, recovered much more quickly and did not remain disarmed for long. He pulled out a knife from his pocket and slashed at Medic, catching the Barron doctor by the throat. Instantly, Medic collapsed and did not move.

“Anyvay, sandvich is great! So moist and del-”By the time Heavy returned to Medic’s lab with a sandwich, the killer was gone. However, Heavy instantly saw the blood on the floor and Medic’s still form.“Medic!” gasped Heavy. He dropped his half-eaten sandwich and dove towards Medic’s body. He lifted Medic’s head, felt the ice-cold skin, and saw the slit throat. “No!”Sobbing, Heavy cradled Medic’s body in his arms, feeling lost and alone in the world. “Help!” he cried, praying that someone would hear him. “Medic is dead!”

Edited by PeabodySam

OOC: Danggit PeaSam! You stole my thunder! And did it wrong (pft, amateur). Lucky for Jackson, I had my dad's laptop last night when I read that post. And indeed, it was flipped.I think I know who this "Gun" person is that Rex is meeting. Or I am crazy and extremely idealistic to a fault.As for you Jackson Lake, I had a big rant prepared about how the last sentence in your OOC was a complete lie and how Helm never actually got to see his son in-RPG. I'd also go on about how misleading it was, how that smile at the end of the sentences was just terrible, and how you made my character kill Helm's son, which is depressing in its own right. In the end, I decided it wasn't worth it.Should provide some interesting interactions between Helm and Zelda, provided they ever meet.IC: After much searching, Zach finally found both Zelda and Nazareno. They were inside the rather large garage of the Dino Attack Headquarters. He was surprised to a good sized crowd forming in a large empty space where it appeared two Iron Predators could park. He pushed his way through the crowd so he had a good place.Opposite of him he was grinned in amusement as he saw Enter and Return at the other end of this makeshift “arena”. He was well aware that the other doctors and medics of the Dino Attack Medical Wing (save for LEGO Islanders such as Dr. Go and Dr. Clickitt) considered them Scrappies and disliked their methods, despite their general effectiveness. He imagined that the medics had learned of whatever Zelda and Nazareno were doing and sent them out to make sure no one got hurt. Right now, they stood by with a stretcher, a mail box, and a shark that rested inside a tank of water that was several sizes too small.In the center of this large crowd, to the far right, stood Kareem Nazareno. He was extremely calm with bored, yet somehow interested gleam in his eye. To the side of him rested his armor and his two golden katanas. In his right hand was a wooden stick that bared some resemblance to a katana. He swung it through the air several times before noddingAt the other end of the arena stood Zelda Frodongan. Over her neck she wore a black bandana that covered the lower part of her face. She carried her own wooden katana, which she sliced through the air excitedly. She nodded and looked at Nazareno, who remained motionless. After a minute passed, Zelda lowered her sword slightly.“Um...” she said, clearly confused. “Are we going to-?!” She wasn’t allowed to finished as Nazareno suddenly launched forward. Zelda was barely able to pull up the sword to block the attack. Nazareno landed blow after blow on Zelda, whose was desperately trying to keep up with Nazareno’s quick flurry of attacks. Finally, Nazareno knocked the wooden out of Zelda’s hands and swung into her shins. She swore as she fell to the ground. The crowd observing the battle laughed lightly.“I win,” Nazareno said.“You could’ve told me you were going to do that!” Zelda exclaimed angrily, clutching her legs. Nazareno shook his head disapprovingly.“I should not have to teach you this,” he said. “Unless your opponent is an extremely hammy who likes to gloat and enjoys Calling His Attacks or is just a moron, he will not be likely to say ‘Let’s start fighting’. Be prepared.” Zelda grumbled as Nazareno helped her back on her feet. She went over and picked up the sword. She sighed as she moved back into position. Almost as soon as she turned around, Nazareno knocked her sword out of her hand and jabbed her stomach with his left hand. Zelda fell to her knees and Nazareno placed his sword against her neck.“I win again.” At this, crowd roared with laughter and applause. Nazareno removed his sword and Zelda got back on her feet, glaring at Nazareno. "And another thing: expect your enemy to take advantage of every flaw, mistake, and weakness you have, such as I have done twice. You should also take advantage of your opponents flaws.""Doesn't sound very honorable," Zelda said as she picked up her sword."It isn't, but it has become a norm to use any advantage to win. We must adapt. Now, again." This time, Zelda returned to her start position by backing up, never taking her eyes off of Nazareno. He nodded in approval. Finally, both opponents reached their endsin the 'arena' and held their swords in a battle position. Both remained still, never taking their eyes from each other.Finally, Zelda moved. She was quickly met by Nazareno in the center of their arena, where the swords clashed with a mighty crack. Now fully prepared, Zelda managed to block Nazareno's attacks better than before, and even managed to attack herself.The fight was fierce, and the crowd gave many "oohs", "whoas", and "wows". Zelda knocked away Nazareno's sword and prepared to swing down when Nazareno suddenly brought his sword upward, slamming into the underside Zelda's sword hilt, throwing it behind her."Don't give up!" Nazareno barked as he swung his sword at Zelda's stomach. She bent her body back to avoid the swing. "Use your speed and athletic ability to get your sword!" Zelda stepped back as she dodged Nazareno's swings. Suddenly, Nazareno throw his foot forward, intending to strike her in the stomach. Zelda let herself fall back into a ball before the foot could hit her. She rolled backwards several revolutions before unwrapping back on her feet next to her sword. She kicked it up into her hand and pointed it at Nazareno."Excellent!" he exclaimed as the crowd cheered in awe. Nazareno rushed forward and their swords collided fiercely. Now more determined and confident than ever, Zelda managed to land several of her own blows on Nazareno's sword, forcing him to step back. She swung up on Nazareno's sword, forcing it out of his hands and into the air. Zelda then swung her sword at his knees. Nazareno suddenly jumped into the air and did an aerial flip over Zelda, catching his sword and landing behind. He was about to poke her back with his sword when Zelda quickly turned and knocked his sword off course.The two circled each other. With both their mouths concealed, it was hard to tell how they were thinking. Nazareno stopped and seemingly gestured Zelda over to him, his eyes fiery and excited. Is he toying with her? Zach thought curiously. Zelda ran at him and swung her sword furiously. Nazareno deflected the attack with ease and shoved her away with his left hand. Zelda stumbled backward, but quickly caught herself and ran at him, her sword reared back. As they met, both swords collided with a large amount of force above them.Crack!Zelda and Nazareno dropped their splintered swords in surprise as chunks of wood flew into the crowd. The crowd cheered in surprise and awe. Zelda glanced at the hilt of her sword on the ground and then at Nazareno."It it over?" she asked slowly. Nazareno walked up to her, twisted her arm fiercely and forced her to her knees. She groaned angrily."It is now," Nazareno said, amusement in his voice. The crowd laughed and cheered their approval as Zelda climbed back on her feet, scratching the back of her head in embarrassment. He slammed her shoulder approvingly. "Excellent work. A few mistakes here and there, but overall a good job. Just because you and/or your opponent has lost their weapon does not mean the battle is over. You may flee or simply fight with your hands, depending if your skill and if your opponent still has his weapon.""Okay," Zelda muttered. She winced as she walked. "I'm going to be hurting tomorrow.""Most likely," Nazareno said, moving away from her. "But we can deal with that later. Catch!" Zelda turned and caught a new wooden katana. She stared at in surprise, but quickly turned her glance toward Nazareno as he swung his new sword at her.

iC:As the agents in the hallway dispersed following Trigger’s confrontation with Amanda the founding member Digger pulled Hotwire aside.Digger frowned. “Hotwire, I’ve yet to be fully debriefed on the events of Adventurers’ island. Was this violence and hostility between agents common?”Hotwire glanced at Doctor Solomon Koplowitz who stood over Digger’s right shoulder. “With all due respect sir, I’d rather not talk about it with him here.”“I believe the intentions of Solomon are censure Hotwire, that should be enough.” Said Digger sternly. “Now answer my question.”The Elite agent shrugged. “Well in that case sir I’ll admit that these short of events where more common then you would expect.”Digger folded his arms. “Like what?”Hotwire briefly listed off some resent events including Rotor’s near court-martial and the preceding armed confrontation. He also told of the hostility that Commander Lutksy showed to Doctor Cyborg when they first met.“Don’t even get me started on Dust.” Finished Hotwire.“Where are Rotor and Lutksy now?” asked Digger.“From what I heard Lutksy had some sort of mental breakdown sir. He’s currently being held in the headquarters jail. Rotor was attacked earlier today and he’s in the ER as we speak.”“There is a lot of negative energy going around right now Hotwire,” said Digger. “It seems there is a dangerous amount of infighting going around with almost no punishment for the perpetrators. This will need to be addressed, we can’t afford to act this way with the war the way it is.”“I agree sir, even after our victory tensions are still very high.” said Hotwire.Digger nodded and motioned for Hotwire and Solomon to follow him down the hall.“What can you tell me about Trigger.” asked Digger.“Not much,” shrugged the elite agent. “He’s a mercenary that was hired to work with us.”“Do you know who hired him.” Asked Solomon.“There is some debate over that, Trigger has hinted that an elite agent in Antarctica paid him but I myself am not so sure.” Responded Hotwire. “If the D.I.N.O team hired him he should be expected to at least follow our instructions. I doubt that an agent would ask him to be on the team but not respect it.”“So you think a third party hired him?” asked Digger.“That’s what I’m leading towards but I’m not sure at this point, he appears to only be motivated by money. I’ve never heard of the D.A hiring mercenaries before. In addition if money was all he cared about I don’t expect he would have gotten so aggressive with agent Claw.”“That’s what concerns me too.” Frowned Digger. “Amanda Claw is a respected agent here, this man destroying her credibility is a bad thing to have right now.”“What do you know about Silencia Venomosa?” asked Hotwire. “I feel I’ve heard the name before.”“So have I,” said Solomon, “Venomosa was a woman tied to a series of violent organizations a few years ago. It’s been theorized that she was a subject to a variety of terrorist groups back in the day. She disappeared of the radar several year back.”“I’m going to look into Amanda Claw’s record this evening, see if there are as many skeletons in her closet as this Trigger clams.” Said Digger. “But there is one more thing I want to ask you.”“What’s that sir?” asked HotwireDigger stopped in front of his office and turned to the two men. “Do you trust Trigger?”Hotwire considered for a moment before responding. “I don’t think he’s the mole if that’s what you mean.”“But do you trust him?” asked Digger again.“No.” said Hotwire. “I think he’s dangerous and unpredictable. He has no regard for minifigure life, and his obvious disloyalty means that he could betray us when ever he feel someone would pay more. In addition, he has no respect for the work we’re doing here and I quite frankly don’t like him.’“That’s what I’m afraid of,” frowned Digger. “I’m considering having him spend the night, if not longer, in a cell. He needs to be punished for attacking another agent and I feel we’re need some time to look deeper into his past. What do you think?”

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

OOC: If it makes you feel any better, Brikman, Tracer actually became Helm's son posthumously, when I needed some reason to bring Helm back from Antarctica. So even though Helm's son is now in a state of having-been-killed-by-Zelda, you could claim that Zelda technically did not kill him. Does that make any sense? Barely? Okay. Suffice it to say, I definitely intend for Zelda and Helm to meet.And that guy, you forgot 'IC' on your post.IC: "I think I'll have to agree with that, sir." Hotwire said.Digger nodded. "And as for your question about Engineer, the autopsy should reveal the time of death, but failing that, the security cameras might allow us to estimate. Still, it could be extremely helpful if you and your friends could list everyone you saw in the mess hall anyway."

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OoC:Just for my sake I put together a list of as many characters as I could leading up to Engineer’s death and where they where located. This is not in character because none of my characters would know. This is just for the sake of doing it.The Headquarters Tarmac: Sarah Bishop, Kate Bishop, Alan Pierce, Cabin, Rotor, Naomi Carver, and HertzThe Hangers: Carl Lutsky, Kara Wise, X1, X2, Dr. Cyborg, Katerina Schattenburg, Rainer, and Wolfgang.The Infermiery: Zachary Virchaus, Nazerano, Dr. Martinet, Septimus, and Mort.The Mess Hall: Papa Brickolini, Mama Brickolini, Minerva Fabello, Zelda Frodongan, Andrew, Laxus, Stranger, Trigger, Snake, Pterisa, Wright, Shiller, and HotwireFounding Member Spec’s Office: Rex and Amanda ClawIC in a moment never mind

That is all

OOC: I think I'm starting to see the drill. You're just going to kill off the Second Headquarters Squad one by one.IC: Pierce was quick to respond to Heavy's cry for help. "What happened?" He asked nervously. "MEDIC IS DEAD!" Heavy shouted. "Calm down," replied Pierce. "Let me take a look at him."Heavy lowered medic onto the ground, leaving Pierce to examine him. "Slashed throat," he muttered. "Looks like someone didn't want him to do that autopsy."At that moment, Maria stepped into the room and almost fainted at the sight of medic's corpse, but quickly came to her senses. "What happened?" She asked. "I just vent to get sanvich," replied Heavy. "I come back and Medic is dead!""We got to act fast," said a voice from behind. Pierce turned around to see an intimidating looking man dressed in black Western garb, accompanied by the familiar face of Clint Wayne.. "Somebody's picking us off one by one," Angel Eyes said. "And I think I know who it is.""Who?" Replied Pierce."The less you know the better," replied Angel Eyes. "The important thing that we got to be prepared for the next murder. Maria, I need you to go to the mess hall, anywhere else and get everybody from the Second Headquarters Squad to meet up there. Heavy, you go with her.""I go with little lady," Heavy said."Yes," replied Maria. "Come on."

"You little maggots think you can keep me in this one room," Soldier shouted. "You ladies couldn't keep a- OW MY SPINE!"

"You should know better than to mess with a woman," Maria said sternly.

Angel Eyes slowly walked into the room to address the now assembled Second Headquarters Squad. "As you may know," he said. "Someone in here isn't who they appear."

"Somebody's been pickin' us off one by one," Maria continued. "I don't know about the rest of y'all but I sure as megablockland ain't goin' to be next. Based on the circumstances whoever's tryin' to kill us wants to get at us while we're alone. From this moment on until we know precisely who the killer is and we can confirm that our theory is correct, none of y'all are to leave this here room without either myself, Angel Eyes, or Blondie as an escort."

OOC: There, hopefully that will make things a little safer. Now onto the exciting story of... um... truck robbing.

IC: "GET OUT OF THE MEGABLOCKING TRUCK!" Schiess shouted as he aimed his gun right through the window at the driver, who looked at the men nervously. He slowly started to reach for a gun and attempted to aim it at Schiess only to take a bullet right through the forehead and collapse.

"Montoya, let's get a good look at what's inside," Schiess said as he turned toward the man in the vest.

Montoya slowly opened the back doors of the truck, with a label on them reading "Dacta Corp."

As he raised the metal screen and stepped inside he looked around in amazement.

"What is all this?" Montoya asked.

"Computer parts, by the look of it" replied Schiess. "Whatever this is it's state of the art technology."

Keaton quickly climbed inside as well and looked around with interest.

"I'm beginning to see why Mindstorms Inc. was so keen to get a hold of this," said Montoya.

"Alright," replied Schiess. "Let's get out of here. Montoya, you drive. Orange, you go with him. Deniro and Keaton, you two get a car, follow behind them. The rest of you help me dispose of the body. Let's go!"

Montoya quickly opened the door in the truck's cab and pulled out the body of the driver. Orange, a tough, blonde-haired young man in a suit climbed into the seat next to him. Within a few minutes the back screen was pulled down, the engines started, and the truck drove off.

OOC: This isn't really relevant to anything, I just wanted to set the scene by giving us an idea of the types of jobs that were done. Also, bonus points to anyone who can guess the references in any of the names.

IC: "Alright, men!" declared Ronald Army, pacing back and forth in front of the rest of Second Headquarters Squad. "We'll use this time wisely! Let us practice marching up-and-down the square!" This generated groans from everyone assembled. "Silence, maggots! Now step forward and form a line! That's it! Let's see here... one, two, three, four... Hey, wait a second! We're missing five men! Where are those maggots?"Pyro murmured something incomprehensible, but gestured towards Heavy, who was sobbing quietly.Army stormed up to Heavy and got so close that they could smell each others' breath. "Quit that crying!" he shouted. "What are you, a baby? Man up, maggot!""I think," murmured Angel Eyes, "that he's still mourning the death of Medic. Remember: Medic and Engineer just died. That's why you're missing some men.""Oh, right," muttered Ronald Army. "So that's two of them. But where are the other four?""Three," coughed Scout."Wait, did you count yourself?" Maria raised an eyebrow."Shut up, lady!" snapped Army. She proceeded to kick him in the pants, causing him to double over in pain. A short scuffle later, after Angel Eyes and Pyro succeeded in tearing the two fighters apart, a badly-bruised Army tried once again to count his men. "Now let's see... that's one, two, three, four... plus two is seven... no wait, that's six... plus me, that would be seven... We're still missing two men! Now, where are those maggots?""Alright, calm down," sighed Angel Eyes. "Let's figure out who's not here. Heavy, Scout, Pyro, Demoman, Sold-""I AM NOT A SOLDIER!" screamed Sergeant Ronald Army."Huh," Angel Eyes murmured. "That leaves Spy and Sniper.""They weren't with us in the cafeteria," noted Scout."Has anyone seen where they went?" inquired Angel Eyes."This isn't right!" declared Ronald Army. "I'm not going to sit around in this mess hall while some maggot is killing my men! I'm going to find that safe room where the Portal Operating Team.. err, operated. That's where I'll deposit the rest of you while I hunt down this maggot! Who's with me?" With that, he charged out of the cafeteria, with Scout and Heavy following him. Pyro did not move right away, but instead glanced at Demoman, who appeared to be too drunk to figure out what was going on, and then shrugged to Angel Eyes and Maria."You've got to be kiddin' me," grumbled Maria. "Now we're going to have to hunt down those morons again." She and Angel Eyes pursued the three members of Second Headquarters Squad, leaving Pyro and Demoman alone in the mess hall.OOC: There, hopefully that will make things a little less safe. And I would politely request that neither Sniper nor Spy are found. Even though we already (think we) know where they are. Seeing that most suspects of the mole are in Second Headquarters Squad, grouping most of the squad in one place kind of reduces the "whodunnit?" situation at hand, which is the whole fun of the mole hunt at this point.And now, to begin my own part of Atton Rand's "flashback"...IC: Batholomew Enderson cleaned the glass. It was already sparkling clean, but it made him feel more comfortable whenever he was cleaning a glass. It did not help that business was unusually slow today, because chatting with customers also took his mind off of whatever it was that troubled him.Then, at last, she entered. Although she was silent as always, her very presence seemed to change the atmosphere of the room. She approached the bar and sat down on the stool.Bartholomew inquired, "Anything to drink, miss?" Usually, the answer was no, but he always asked, just to be polite. As he expected, she shook her head. She was not here for a drink. She was here for business. "Right then," he murmured in a low voice, handing over the envelope. "It's another assignment. I believe this one is from Dacta Corporation, if I'm not mistaken."Why am I doing this? Batholomew Enderson thought with a hint of self-loathing as she took the envelope. I always see the results in the news, and it horrifies me. And yet... I know that if I ever refuse to do this... she'll kill me. No. Even worse. She'll kill me and my family.She opened the envelope, took out the letter inside, and read it over, silently. When she was done, she nodded to Enderson, then stood and left without a single word. May Builder forgive me, thought Bartholomew Enderson as he watched her go. It is a cruel punishment for a humble bartender such as myself to be the secret-keeper of Silencia Venomosa herself.

Edited by PeabodySam

OOC: I had a feeling it wouldn't last long. The main reason I set it up in the first place was just because it seemed the smart thing to do. Naturally, given how insane the Second Headquarters squad are, they were pretty quick to walk out of the room. I guess I just loved them so much that there was a small part of me optimistically hoping that maybe I could save a few of them.IC: "We got your cargo," Schiess said over the phone-line. "The truck arrived yet?""Indeed it has," replied the familiar voice of his employer. "I've got a few workers unloading it right now. Montoya was mentioning a body.""The driver tried to put up a fight," replied Schiess. He briefly glanced back across the road from the public pay phone. There were two other men standing there with shovels."What happened to him?""We took care of him," replied Schiess. One of the men took a moment to wipe the sweat off his head before he approached Schiess. "We've just finished disposing of the body now sir," Schiess continued."What about the truck?""We'll make it look like an accident," replied Schiess. "As soon as you're done loading it tell Montoya to drive it off the road, make it look like it crashed. As long as he can get out in time we should be able to fool them.""Very good work, Schiess. I've already given Keaton and Orange their shares. As soon as you can get down here I'll have your money ready to go.""Excellent," replied Schiess. "What happens then?""I got another job for you," replied the president. "This one's a bit riskier. Once you're all down here I'll give you the rundown."There was a brief click, and then a dial tone."Alright," Schiess said to his two men. "You two done with the body?""Yeah," replied one of them."Good," replied Schiess. "Verbal, Scorsese, I need you two to get me a car.""No problem boss," replied Verbal.As it happened, at that moment a car was approaching. Schiess walked into position, stepping calmly right in front. Within a few minutes the vehicle came to a complete stop.Verbal walked up to the car window. Inside there was a young man, who looked to be of Arabic descent as he raised his gun. Schiess was soon drawing his own weapon."What's going on here?" The young man asked. "What do you guys want? You need a lift?""Hand over the car," Schiess said coldly."I can't," replied the young man. "I got a lot of ancient artifacts. If I don't get these to Kilroy at the mueseum-"Schiess walked over to the back door and opened it. Sure enough, there were a few Egyptian pots. Schiess promptly picked one up and carried onto the road. He walked over to the edge and threw it on the ground, smashing it instantly. He then raised his gun again."HAND OVER THE MEGABLOCKING CAR!" Schiess shouted. The young man saw that Scorsese had his gun pointed toward him rather menacingly. Slowly he raised his hands and stepped out."Hand over the keys," replied Schiess. Reluctantly, the young man complied. Trigger gave him a swift punch in the face, sending him to the ground before sitting down in the driver's seat. Scorsese sat down next to him. Verbal got into the back, and in the process smashed several more Egyptian pots on the ground. With that, Schiess took off, leaving a shaken and confused young man in the middle of the road surrounded by broken Egyptian pottery.

Edited by Atton Rand

IC: "Are we all set to go?" said Semick to his crew."Everything's packed up and in top working condition, Semick," said Bluetooth, tuning the TALON-9 system to full awareness."Good. Now get yourself comfy, Bluetooth. We have a long flight ahead of us, and who knows what HQ will have in store for us once we get back."The sun was now just reaching out of sunrise phase as the rotors on Semick's T-1 Typhoon started up once more, pulling the craft up from the landing area of Outpost 4. From below, Semick could see agents waving, and he was sure Rockford was among them somewhere. He was a good agent, that one, and he hoped he would do well both in and out of service.He steered the craft in the direction of LEGO City, and started flying. The jungles of Adventurers Island soon gave way to desert, and then, pure blue ocean. Semick leaned back and took a nice deep breath. Now was the time he could truly relax for a bit.He would need his energy for whatever was to come.----------------"This morning sure took a somber turn fast," said Laxus."Tell me about it, unfortunate events just can't leave us alone," said Andrew."I suppose it's ironic in a way," said Pterisa. "Just recently, your group and allies were sabotaging Dr. Rex's base of operations. Now the tables are turned.""Looks like it."The three were now walking around Dino Attack Headquarters, as promised to Pterisa for her welcoming tour. Agents were taken aback to see her, but Andrew and his companion's presence in the situation helped to push down most concerns, including some of the odd concerns about her being the murderous traitor, since she hadn't left Andrew's side since the Maelstrom temple."At least Brickolini's is still a small mercy," said Laxus. Andrew had managed to get two extra boxes of the breakfast pizza for the go, and the group was finishing it off rather quickly (Pterisa had been as receptive to it as Laxus, if not a little more. The taste of Brickolini's was truly charming for all species, it seemed). Laxus was just taking the last slice from the first box, Pterisa finishing off the second-to-last."Couldn't have been better," said Andrew. "I do wonder though what the main goal of this saboteur is. I mean, I know that two of the Second Headquarters Squad is dead, but there has to be other factors, hasn't there?""Some of those technical agents were talking about malfunctioning cameras," said Pterisa, finishing her slice in a few big bites. "So they're making sure that whatever they want to do, they can't be seen.""Yeah, there was something about turrets, too," said Laxus. "It seems they're going for the classic objective: breaking our defenses.""But that's a bit unreasonable," said Andrew, tossing the empty pizza box near a recycling bin and taking a slice from the second one. "Our team has a boatload of techies and engineering wizzes. The only way to really keep us out of condition is doing substantial damage, which takes a lot of time and effort.""Unless..." said Pterisa, "... they're using some method developed specially in a way that your experts can't comprehend yet." Andrew and Laxus were silent as they took the idea in. That wasn't something pleasant to think about."Well..." said Andrew. "The best we can do now, I suppose, is start increasing the guard for our security systems and vehicles and keeping an eye on which agents are doing what. And the Second Headquarters Squad better watch themselves, because even if Engi was just trying to stop the traitor, and Medic was trying to find what killed him, there might be reason for the rest of them to be killed, especially if they try to go after the culprit.""You'd think they'd be able to overpower this traitor easily," said Laxus. "Those guys are apparently known for their strength in fighting.""The element of surprise is a powerful thing," said Pterisa. "I know that from experience, and whoever's doing this knows this all too well.""On that note," said Laxus, reaching for another slice of pizza, "I suppose Spy might be considered the culprit here, though that may seem like an easy target.""Anything's possible," said Andrew. "But to push away from that subject for a bit, we're coming up on the main dormitories now. You might be surprised at the quality they put into these rooms, Pterisa."

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

OOC: Of course, Atton. You knew that would be the logical thing to do, but the Second Headquarters Squad (especially Soldier) can be so incompetent at times, so logic wouldn't do much good for them. Plus, Engineer (probably one of their sanest and most reasonable members) is dead and Spy (same for him) wasn't there... which, oddly enough, caused Pyro to seem like the Only Sane Man in my last post.IC: As soon as she returned to Rex's room, Amanda Claw escorted Rex through a hallway in Dino Attack Headquarters en route to the lobby. They were both surprised to see agent Spy approach them.As Spy got closer, Rex was even more surprised to see that Spy had lost his famed composure. He walked with poor posture, he breathed heavily, and his exposed skin glistened with sweat. Spy was grumbling under his breath, and Rex thought that he heard, “… briefcase. How many times must I tell zem to not touch my stuff? I bet Scout’s trying to play another stupid prank, or maybe Sniper is acting a little more paranoid zan usual and…”As he walked past them, Spy muttered a half-hearted, “Good evening.”Rex turned his head to look over his shoulder. “Is there something wrong, Spy?”Spy stopped and sighed. “I don’t suppose either of you have cigarettes on you?” Rex raised an eyebrow and Amanda grimaced, but then Spy shook his head and muttered, “Of course not. Agent Claw is trusted with an emergency lighter, and I doubt you smoke, Rex. Zat’s a shame, because I really need a smoke right now.”“Spy,” Rex spoke sternly, “you know that there is no smoking allowed in Dino Attack Headquarters.”“I know, I know,” Spy nodded. “I just need a smoke to calm my nerves… Yes, zere is something wrong, Rex. Ze spy, ze infiltrator, ze… traitor is amongst us. He has taken two lives within ze past few hours, and I am sure zat he intends to take another.”Rex bit his lip. He remembered hearing the rumors about XERRD planting a mole in Dino Attack Team, and felt angry with himself for sleeping through the deaths of two of his teammates. “Spy, as an infiltrator yourself, perhaps you can shed some light onto this situation. Can you figure out where the infiltrator is heading? Who his next target is?”Spy opened his mouth, as though to say something, but then he slowly shut it and frowned, thinking for a minute. “I’m afraid not. I have not yet acquired enough information. However, I do fear zat, even now, I see a pattern emerging. I do not wish to cause false alarm, so I shall withhold my hypothesis until I have more evidence. In ze meantime… I need to calm my nerves so I can think straight.”Spy glanced towards the ceiling and added quietly, “Perhaps Sniper has some cigarettes on him. I shall go check on him and ask if I can borrow any.”“Right,” nodded Rex. “Carry on, then.”Then, Spy departed, heading to the sniping posts in the upper floors.*****Brixton "Sniper" Hale checked his PDA once again. The words on the message disturbed him deeply: “Engineer and Medic are dead. Watch your back.”It was his worst fear realized. Anything in front of him could be taken down. But an enemy on the inside who could backstab him… he was defenseless.The message was unsigned and untraceable. This, combined with the warning, could only mean one thing: Spy. It would be in his style to send untraceable warnings about watching one’s back.Was the message a warning or a threat?Of all his teammates, Spy was the one that Sniper distrusted the most. Sniper’s paranoia combined with Spy’s preferred fighting style meant that Sniper never felt easy with Spy around. As Sniper considered the message, he contemplated the likelihood of a threat disguised as a warning. If Spy was the killer, then he would want his allies to trust him, and what better way to earn their trust than to pretend to care for their safety?Sniper put his PDA back into his pocket and took a look around his sniping post. There were several crates stacked up. Sniper considered moving the crates around his window to form a defensive barrier. He walked towards one crate and saw the label. Raising his eyebrows, he opened it up and looked inside.Spy will come here with a knife.Smiling maliciously, Sniper pulled a machete out of the crate.But this is a knife!OOC: Dino Attack RPG's first major video is now online. I recommend that you check out the front page of the Dino Attack RPG Wiki and watch it! Oh, and happy birthday to Andrewnuva199!

Edited by PeabodySam

Before Digger closed the dour to his office Hotwire took him by the shoulder.“When I was in the mess hall earlier I remember seeing the Brickolinis, Agents Minerva Fabello, Zelda Frodongan, Andrew, Laxus, Stranger, Snake, Wright, and Shiller. I also saw Pterisa and Trigger.”“That’s a start,” sighed Digger. “I just got word that there has been another death in the morgue. You two help deal with the mole and Trigger. I’m going to do some investigation into Amanda Claw.”Hotwire and Solomon nodded before heading two the mess hall.“No offence doctor but I find it strange that he’s giving you so much freedom so soon. I geese he likes you but I would think that with all paranoia that is present now you would be locked up.” Said Hotwire“Quite frankly I’m surprised too.” Agreed Solomon. “I expected that I would at least spend a few days being investigated before I started doing work for you people. Does the D.I.N.O team have any form of an internal affairs department?”“I’m afraid not.” Responded Hotwire. “We usually need to solve these sort of problems ourselves.”The two found themselves in the mess hall. It still appeared to be a hub of activity and Solomon soon spotted Trigger smoking in the corner with his new buddy Snake.“What do you say we do?” asked Solomon. “I suppose you’re more concerned about the mole right?”“You could say that.” Shrugged Hotwire. “I don’t think Trigger’s causing trouble now but I don’t like leaving him to his own devises.”“You’re probably right.” Said Solomon. “I’d offer to take care of him myself but considering my former employment I could not tell you how much I could do for you gentlemen.”“He can wait.” Said Hotwire. “You better establish yourself a little more before you start arresting people.”Solomon nodded. “Perhaps I’ll just go have a chat with him.”“I’m going to go check up on the second headquarters squad.” Said Hotwire. “Good luck.”Hotwire limped down the hall leaving Solomon to take a seat at Trigger’s table. The scientist took a hold of Trigger’s cigarette and crushed it beneath his shoe.“What the znap is this?” swore Trigger.“There is no smoking inside the headquarters.” Said Solomon. “And I personally find it disgusting.”“I don’t give a znap what you think you znaping son of a 4+.” Said trigger. “I’ve never had a use for your kind except as human shields.”Solomon kept his voice calm and controlled. “I’ve never had much use for your kind except as lab rats. Sadly the rats were more useful.”Trigger chucked before discreetly drawing his gun. “You want a znaping die? Because that’s the direction you’re going. You’re a member of XERRD, no one will miss you, I bet if I killed you now no one would lift a finger.”Solomon shrugged. “You’re welcome to try my friend but you’re already on thin ice as it is. You tried to murder Amanda Claw, as I’m sure you are now aware, the D.A did not take kindly to that. Hence why you sit alone.”“What about me?” said Snake with a mouthful of food.“You don’t count.” Smiled Solomon“Amanda Claw is a 4+” said Trigger returning to the subject. “She would have had it coming.”“Well that’s why I’m here Trigger.” Smiled Solomon. “I’m sure you’re used to casual murder, I’ve known a lot of people like you in my day. But that behavior is not welcome here. There will be consciences Trigger, mark my word.”“Is that a threat?” asked Trigger. “Because I don’t take kindly to threats.”“If that’s what you want to call it.” Said Solomon. “This is what I recommend; you give me the gun; we go down to the cellblock, and you spend the night in an eight by eight box. How does that sound?”“You want to make me old man.” Said Trigger.“Oh, I would love to make you,” said Solomon coldly. “But not now. I’ll give you an hour to think things over. If you don’t make the right decision, I’m coming to get you.”Solomon got up from his seat and headed to the dour of the cafeteria. “Personally I hope you don’t cooperate.”He headed down the hallway.“You don’t even znaping work here!” yelled Trigger after him.“Neither do you!” smiled back the scientist. “No one would miss you either!” With that remark he walked down the hall with his cloak billowing behind him.OoC:I’ll probably start Lutsky’s talk with Saran soon, but I’ll want Solomon to pick up a sward from Nazerano first. As for the video, I thought it was really cool. How long did it take you to make it? Because you should definitely make more of these in the future. Wait, why does Hertz have peg leg? never mind, I realize it's Hotwire now. They both ware black caps

That is all

OOC: that guy, minor issue with your post:

Hotwire walked briskly down the hall
He can't exactly do that. Maybe by sometime in 2011, but right now he's been on a prosthetic leg for hardly twenty-four hours.I'll try to have an IC tonight if I can get to this computer again.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: that guy, minor issue with your post:
Hotwire walked briskly down the hall
He can't exactly do that. Maybe by sometime in 2011, but right now he's been on a prosthetic leg for hardly twenty-four hours.I'll try to have an IC tonight if I can get to this computer again.
OoC:D'oh! forgot about the leg! I'll go change it to limped

That is all

OoC: As for the video, I thought it was really cool. How long did it take you to make it? Because you should definitely make more of these in the future. Wait, why does Hertz have peg leg?
OOC: You might've mistaken Hotwire for Hertz.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

OOC: I think that Minifig with the pegleg was Hotwire, that guy Andrewnuva beat me to it.As for getting a sword from Nazareno: Nazareno is not the swordmaster swordsmith guru guy of the Dino Attack. He only has his katanas and a bunch of sparring swords for him and Zelda. Unless you want to apply Wooden Katanas are Even Better and have Solomon use those. Other than that, Nazareno only has two (extremely durable) katanas. I'd recommend checking elsewhere for katanas.IC:Zach smirked as he watched Zelda and Nazareno battle. While they considered it practice or training, the crowd surrounding them saw it as good entertainment after a particularly nasty week at Adventurers' Island. They had broken two more pairs of swords and they both seemed intent on continuing fighting.He was rather impressed with how Zelda was holding herself up. She appeared to already know how to handle a sword prior to this session and was a quick learner. However, Nazareno was fiercely skilled and had clearly recovered from the bullet wound Zach had given from him. He was fast, fierce, and maybe even a bit playful when he knew Zelda was getting frustrated. Zelda had yet to defeat Nazareno, but there were many close calls.Zach flinched as he felt a pair of arms jab his sides. He turned sharply and saw Minerva behind him, grinning. "Was that necessary?" he grumbled.Minerva nodded. "Come back here." she grabbed his hand and pulled him to the back of the crowd. "I was watching that," he said. Minerva rolled her eyes."Then let's go watch them kill each other over there by those medics." The two walked over to Enter and Return's location. Zach acknowledge them before he and Minerva took a seat on the floor as they watched Zelda and Nazareno duel."Wow," Minerva said with awe as she watched Nazareno quickly move at Zelda, swinging his katana with precision as it smashed against Zelda's. "I wouldn't want to face Nazareno. How did you beat him, again?""I shot him while he was distracted," Zach said. "But the only he defeated me was because you showed up. I'd say Stromling!Zach and Nazareno are rather even since they resorted to use distractions as their advantage." He watched Zelda flip backwards several times to avoid a swing from Nazareno. "Zelda is rather fearsome in her own right, but I suppose that is what happens when you learn from the best."Minerva nodded. "So I was walking back from my shower and I heard some guy scream that Medic was dead.""A medic?""No, Medic. A Dino Attack Agent named Medic.""Oh," Zach realized. "Second Headquarters Squad guy.""Yeah. He's the second one to get killed by the mole.""What?" Minerva briefly explained that Engineer of the Second Headquarter Squad had been killed by a mole and investigations were presumably pending. Shortly afterwards, Medic was killed while trying to preform an autopsy on Engineer's body. "Well then. I can't tell if this guy is targeting the Second Headquarters Squad or these are coincidences.""Zelda thinks that the mole is killing anyone who figures out or is about to figure out who he or she is, so it sounds more like a coincidence that the only people the mole has killed are from the Second Headquarters Squad.""I'd still watch my back if I was one of them.""Yeah. After going to the mess hall and finding out that you were gone, I saw a bunch of them leave the mess hall with one leading them shouting about a 'maggot' who was killing his teammates.""Sounds like Soldier.""He was also yelling about how he isn't a soldier.""Well, from his page in the database, it sounds like being called "Soldier" is his Berserk Button, so I think we can safely assume that its Soldier." Minerva chuckled at this. "Whoever this mole is has slipped up pretty well if he allowed Engineer to catch site of him.""Maybe it was his plan," Minerva said, wiggling her figures in a mock-spooking matter. Zach smirked."Oh yes. He blew his cover on purpose because he was mad at Engineer because he lost a game of Texas Hold'em to him. The mole lured out his worst enemy so he could finally take him on. After a lengthy fist fight where the mole is victorious, he leans in close to Engineer's sweaty face, holding a pistol to his rival's forehead. He then stared into Engineer's goggles, a triumphant gleam in his eyes and a satisfied smirk on his face. And then, just before pulling the trigger, he says in a cold, emotionless voice:" Zach leaned in close to Minerva's face. She was biting her lower lip, snickering loudly and trying suppress her laughter."'No, Mr. Engineer. You fold.'"Minerva finally laughed. Zach backed away, his face betraying no emotion. "After his Pre-Mortem One-Liner, the gun goes off. Boom. Dead. And the mole walks away, his thirst for revenge satisfied. He knew he would have to tie up loose ends, such as the case with Medic, but it didn't matter. He had finally gotten his revenge against his only true rival."After Minerva stopped laughing, she nodded solemnly. "You made that up on the spot, didn't you?""Maybe a bit. It might of been a bit distasteful, joking about someone who just died, but let the record show that you started it."Yeah, okay," Minerva said, rolling her eyes. "Duck!" They both bowed their heads as splintered pieces of wood flew over them. Zach quickly glanced up and saw Zelda and Nazareno fiercely fighting with some form of martial arts, the hilts of their swords on the ground like broke toys."This should be interesting," Zach said to Minerva as the crowd cheered excitedly.

IC: "To megablockland with him," Trigger muttered as soon as Solomon was out of sight. "I know Silencia's behind this. I don't care if the rest of the team's too znapping stupid to figure it out, I'm going to find her, and I swear I'm going to kill her. You with me Snake?""I got nothing better to do," replied Snake. "What about him?""I can take care of him," replied Trigger. "I killed dozens of his kind."With that, he worked his way out of the cafeteria. "Now she's probably learned from that one little experience," Trigger said. "Silencia was always the kind of person who never fell for the same trick twice."

Montoya quickly opened the door to the cab and rolled out as a loud crash was heard below. He slowly got to his feet and worked his way up the hill to the roadside, and turned to admire his work as he lit a cigarette."That's a good day's work," Montoya said with a look of excitement as he turned toward Orange and Deniro. "It's one crime they can't pin on us.""What about the driver?" Asked Deniro. "Won't they get suspicious when they open the cab and find blood but no body.""He crawled away," replied Montoya. "There's one final step to this plan. We got a gas station down the road. I'll just need to use their payphone."He quickly climbed into the driver's seat and started up the car. Orange and Deniro climbed in with him and drove down the road to where he spotted the gas station. Sure enough, there was a payphone. Quickly putting some change into the small slot, Montoya picked up the phone and dialed 911."Hello," Montoya said into the phoneline. "Listen, there's been a very serious accident. I'm currently at a local gas station on 42nd street. A truck had some problems and drove off the road... I saw the driver get out, but he appeared to be injured badly and he ran off before I could talk to him."There was a few minutes before Montoya hung up, and smiled."How does reporting our own crime help us?" Deniro asked."Easy," replied Montoya. "The last people they'll suspect of being responsible for the accident are the people who told them about it to begin with. Now let's fill this car up and get going."As soon as the pulled into the office, Montoya was quick to climb out alongside Orange and Deniro. They slowly stepped into the lobby and worked their way to the elevator. There was a DING noise as it stopped and the door opened. Soon they were back in the president's office. Schiess was there along with Scorsese, Verbal, and Keaton."Truck's taken care of," Montoya said. "Made it look like an accident just to keep the cops off our scent.""Very good," replied the president. "Allow me to introduce a new hand. You may have heard of Ms. Venemosa.""Venemosa," Montoya said. "You mean the famous bounty hunter?""The very one," replied the president.Montoya turned to see a scary-looking young woman in a dark-colored suit. He did not like the way she stared at him one bit, but she seemed disturbingly alert, possibly listening to everything they said."Well," replied the president. "That's a pretty good job you boys did, but I think you will all love what I got in store for you next. We've taken the parts they needed, but I am interested in seeing just what Dacta's plans actually were."Schiess casually took a breath of his cigarette. Montoya was quick to light another one. He held the box out toward Silencia, who simply shook her head."We're going to perform a heist?" Keaton asked."That's about right," replied the president. "Your job will be to walk in there, get the paperwork, and get out. I got a man who manged to steal the blueprints for their office. Hopefully it will help you plan your raid."

OOC: Whoa, Zachary. That's pretty insensitive towards poor Engineer! Too Soon! I call Too Soon!IC: Sergeant Ronald Army marched down the hallway of Dino Attack Headquarters, with Scout and Heavy following suit. Anyone who got in their way was shoved aside, including Ata, who tried to tell them, "Oh, hey guys! Specs wanted to see-""Out of the way, missy!" shouted Sergeant Army as he pushed aside the communications expert. Ata moved quickly to make sure that he was not trampled by Scout, who seemed to move as fast as a bullet, or Heavy, who was like a tank plowing through the hallway. He watched them go, wondering where they could possibly be going in such a hurry.They continued in their charge until they came to a three-way fork in the road. There was a hallway to the left, a hallway to the right, and a stairwell directly in front of them. Sergeant Army immediately took the left path, but Scout stopped and called, "Yo, what are ya doin'? The 'safe room' is clearly to the right!""No, it's not, you maggot!" declared Army. "As a general-""Sergeant," coughed Scout."-I have a very keen sense of direction, and the right way is the wrong way, and the left way is the right way!""Yeah, whatevah," shrugged Scout. "Ya headin' to the lobby if ya take the left hallway. Hey, Heavy, am I right or what?"Heavy was silent."Fine, then!" snapped Sergeant Army. "We'll split up! Divide and conquer! And I'll see you arrive at the safe room late because you took the right way while I took the right way! But don't be surprised if you get yourself killed by this mole along the way!""Same to ya," muttered Scout, a little darkly. With that, Sergeant Ronald Army took the left path, while Scout to the right path.Heavy stood there, grimly staring at the stairwell. Although Heavy was far from the brightest of Dino Attack agents, he could sense that something was very wrong. They split up, he thought to himself. They are alone. No one to watch them or see vat they do. One of them could be killer. Killer who killed Dietrich. I swear upon my motherland that I vill avenge Dietrich. I shall go to 'safe room', but I shall not come alone. I vill bring her. Yes. Time to bring out big guns, for now is coward killing time! With that, he ran up the stairwell to his room in search of his precious machine gun.

Silencia Venomosa listened as the men talked. She took mental notes of everything that she observed, from their posture, to their tone of voice, to the very fact that they smoked. That last bit disgusted her, and she felt nearly offended when Montoya offered her a cigarette. Already, she did not like these men. They would have to go, sooner or later.As they talked about their heist, Venomosa made sure to listen to every detail and remember it. This was what she was here for. It was her business to know Mindstorms, Inc.'s business. For now, her work was merely undercover observation... but Venomosa was too wise to think that was all that Dacta Corporation hired her for. She was a bounty hunter, an assassin, a killer. To hire her and not ask her to kill anyone would be like going to a steak restaurant and ordering fish; what you get might be satisfying, but it's not the best that they have to offer.Venomosa thought back to her trip into Dacta Corporation's main building...Silencia Venomosa pushed the revolving door and entered the main lobby. Taking a glance at her letter and then at the giant sign posted, she figured out which floor she needed to go, and was able to catch the elevator before its doors closed. The elevator was crowded, hot, and sticky, as men in business suits surrounded her.The elevator ascended, and she waited patiently until it stopped at the 13th floor. As soon as the elevator doors opened, she brushed her way past the other elevator occupants and walked out into the hallway. The hallway was lined with priceless inventions and machines invented by Dacta over the years, contained in glass cases and marked with plaques that identified each machine, its inventor, and date of creation. Instinctively, as Venomosa passed these inventions, she wondered how each one could be used, if needed, to kill someone or make an escape.At last, she stopped at a desk. There sat a fat receptionist with big rimmed glasses, too much lipstick, and a ridiculous hairstyle. Venomosa waited at the desk, but the receptionist was too busy chatting on the phone to notice her. Silently, she began tapping her fingers on the desk, waiting to be addressed. She took note of her surrounding area, making mental notes about possible escape routes. Finally, the receptionist noticed her, put down the phone, and asked in a nasally voice, "Oh, honey, why didn't ya say something?"Silencia Venomosa frowned."Now, do you have an appointment?"She nodded, holding up the envelope containing the letter that Bartholomew Enderson passed on to her. The receptionist reached for it, but Venomosa quickly put it away."Alright," muttered the receptionist as she checked the schedule, "what's ya name?"Silencia Venomosa did not reply, but rolled her eyes. She could not believe that she had to deal with this. Normally, she would have scaled the building's walls with her own custom-made gear and come in through the window to the coporate executive's office, but the letter specifically stated not to do so. She imagined that the last thing that the executive wanted was a heart attack from her sudden and silent entrance into his room through the window."Look, honey, what's ya name?"Venomosa glared at the receptionist, tapping her fingers on the desk.The receptionist, who had the audacity to give a disgusted sigh, picked up the phone, dialed a number, and waited. "Hi, sorry to bother ya, but I've got this lady here who says she's got an appointment with ya but she won't tell me her name or any..." She paused as the man on the other line spoke. Confusion appeared on her expression, much to Venomosa's pleasure. "Oh, um... okay. I'll tell her to go right in." She hung up the phone, but by the time she opened her mouth again, Venomosa was already gone.She strode around the desk and made for the door on the other side. She confirmed that it was her destination by quickly reading the plaque on the door, which read "EDWARD KORRUPTE: Dacta Chief Executive Officer".

Edited by PeabodySam

OOC: Okay, so not much of an IC since I spent most of my energy poring over that video. Good stuff. Almost makes me want to give LDD another try myself...almost. Maybe in another three years. :PAnd I'm not sure what to do with Hotwire, since the Second Headquarters Squad isn't really in a position to be 'checked up on' at the moment.IC:Trigger and Snake had made it no more than twenty feet when a voice came from behind them. "So where you boys off to in such a hurry?" They turned and saw the sandy-haired agent who had accosted them earlier lounging in a doorway."None of you znapping business, punk," Trigger snarled.Shiller detached himself from the doorway and sauntered towards the two men. "I'll take that to mean you're off to find Silencia Venomosa again, because if there's one thing your actions have showed us all, it's that you just can't take a hint." He absent-mindedly pretended to examine his fingernails. "And I suppose you think you'll still kill her even though all your weapons have been confiscated. And maybe that's something you really are capable of...but I doubt you could do it quickly enough for the deed to go unnoticed. And then you get kicked out, branded as an enemy, and then guess who doesn't get paid?"Trigger scowled angrily. "That's my business, not yours. What the megablock do you think you're doing anyway, following us around?"Shiller sighed. "I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that you weren't paying attention at the time, after that tap on the face my nice lady friend gave you, but O'Neal did say that we weren't to let you out of our sight, and he is an elite, so despite the huge number of times I've flaunted his advice in the past, I do kinda hafta actually listen to him this time.""Well you'd have to kill us before we submit to 4+ like that," Trigger snapped."Oh, we won't do anything like that." The voice made Trigger and Snake whirl around again. Agent Wright had the pecular ability to crack her knuckles simply by making a fist, and she was doing so now, as she leaned against the wall behind them. "Shiller and I, we're idealists, you see." She looked up at them with a menacing grin. "You try any funny business, and we'll just make you hurt."

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: It may have been a wee bit Too Soon. I - ahem - Zachary spent a lot of time browsing the site of tropes and I - he was trying to spice up the conversation and I - he remembered Engineer's real name and everything sort of fell into place after that.IC:Zelda's weakest area was easily the actual hand-to-hand combat. Nazareno used a rather basic form of martial arts while Zelda used a more undefined, random-punch-throwing technique. If she was fighting someone else, she would be fine. Nazareno thought. He couldn't imagine any of Dr. Rex's servents knowing anything above throwing punches and kicks. And Zelda was skilled at fighting with her fist in her own right.She threw a punch at his chest. He easily step-sided it and twisted her arm sharply. Zelda groaned and turned on her heel, kicking Nazareno in the side. Surprised, he released her arm and Zelda rolled away. She jumped back on her feet, a determined gleam in her eyes. Nazareno grinned. They ran at each other. Zelda prepared to punch when Nazareno suddenly fell into a slide. He rammed into Zelda's legs, causing her to fall. Nazareno quickly jumped back up on his feet and placed a foot on Zelda's chest, pinning her to the ground. Zelda was gasping for breath, surprised."I win," he said calmly. Behind him, the crowd cheered. Nazareno wasn't particularly fond of the agents simply viewing this as a spectacle, but knew there was no use in making them leave."No you don't!" Zelda yelled out triumphantly. She grabbed Nazareno and twisted it, causing him to stumble off of her. Zelda was quickly on her feet and wrapped her arms around Nazareno's waist as she tackled him. After a short scuffle, Zelda managed to pin both Nazareno's arms to the ground. She looked down at him, her eyes wide and her hair damp from sweat.Nazareno shook his head smirking. "I think I do." Without warning, he suddenly launched his head upward and slammed into Zelda's. She yelled angrily and her grip on Nazareno's arms loosened, allowing Nazareno to turn the tables, pinning Zelda's arms to the ground. The crowd applauded and cheered wildly."Ow..." Zelda groaned. "Get up!" Nazareno obliged, rising to his feet. Zelda clutched her head and stayed on the ground for several minutes. "Seriously?" she said, rolling over. "Was that necessary?"Nazareno shrugged. "It may have been a bit overkill. I'm glad you attempted to fight back after being pinned, but realize I will do the exact same thing.""Yeah, but my head?" she moaned."Do you need medical attention?" he asked, looking over toward Enter and Return, who had managed to remain tame during the whole ordeal."No. Just need a break so my head will stop hurting."Nazareno eyes narrowed, but he smirked. "Fair enough. Maybe that head wound will lead you to the secret of defeating me.""Shut up."

IC: When Rex and Amanda arrived in the lobby, they were surprised to find it empty, save Dino Attack's receptionist, Elizabeth Wilma, working at the desk. They traded glances, Rex shrugged, and Amanda pushed his wheelchair to the front desk. Wilma was busy, typing away at her computer. "Excuse me?" spoke Rex, trying to catch the receptionist's attention.Wilma looked up. "Oh, Elite Agent Rex. There you are.""Where's Gun?" inquired Rex.The receptionist glanced around the lobby and bit her lip. "Err, he was right there, sitting in that chair and waiting for you. I wonder if he got up to use the facility. He knew you were coming, but he might have also gotten a little impatient and gotten up to look for you himself; I'm not sure if he knows about your... um, condition." She gestured to Rex's wheelchair.Rex sighed. "Very well. Do you know what he wished to speak with me about?"Wilma shook her head. "I'm afraid not. All that he said was that it was important information, and that he requested that he speak with you as quickly as possible. Maybe you should stick around a bit; I hope he's coming right back.""Right," nodded Rex."I can go look for him, if you want," suggested Amanda. "Rex can stay here in case he comes back, but in case Gun is looking for him, I can find him and tell him that Rex is waiting here.""Good idea," agreed Rex. Amanda moved Rex's wheelchair near the chairs, then sprinted down the hall in search for Gun.Rex sat in his wheelchair, watching the clock as time passed, its constant tick, tock, tick, tock recalling the Darkitect's words. Just thinking about that caused his heart to start pounding again. Rex grimaced and clutched his chest. The pain subsided quickly, but Rex could not help but notice that it lasted a little longer than it did last time.

Brixton “Sniper” Hale looked out the window of his sniping post, looking for Mutant Dinos to pick off with his sniping rifle.Or rather, that’s what he appeared to be doing. In reality, Sniper kept his eyes on the machete, lying beside him and propped up against the wall. In the blade’s reflection, he had a good view of the space behind him. If anyone tried to sneak up on him, he would see his attacker in the reflection.Now, Sniper thought to himself, I just wait.The minutes ticked by, feeling like an eternity. Patience was a virtue that Sniper learned long ago. However, seemingly waiting for his death was the tensest moment he had ever faced. But with Engineer and Medic dead, he was not taking any chances.At last, after minutes of torturous waiting, he saw movement in the reflection of the machete. A dark Minifig, hidden in shadow, carrying something shiny in one hand.Steady, steady, Sniper thought to himself as the Minifig approached. The Minifig raised the shiny object into the air, and Sniper smiled grimly. Just as the Minifig was close enough to strike, Sniper tossed aside the sniper rifle, grabbed the machete, and swung around.“Take that!” Sniper bellowed. “Yeh bloody backstabbing wuss!”The attacker jumped back, diving back into the shadows where Sniper could not see him well. Sniper slashed again with his machete but missed his target. The attacker responded with a feigned swipe to the side, and as Sniper attempted to dodge, the attacker immediately followed up with a kick.Sniper slammed against the windowsill, dropping his machete in the process. He nearly lost his balance and almost fell out of the window. However, as the attacker prepared to strike again, Sniper launched himself at his attacker.“I’ve wrestled crocs tougher than yeh, mate!” hissed Sniper as his pinned the attacker to the floor.The attacker tried to shake Sniper off, but Sniper refused to move. Thus, the attacker slashed at Sniper’s face with his knife.Gasping in pain, Sniper jumped off his attacker, who quickly jumped to his feet. Another well-placed kick knocked Sniper back down on the floor. As his attacker drew closer, Sniper groped around for his machete.Closing his fingers around the weapon, Sniper lunged at the attacker, slashing with his machete. He laughed as the attacker recoiled back into the shadows.“Hah! Spy! You’re bloody useless!”He slashed again, but this time, the attacker dodged the blade and swiped with his knife. The knife blade skimmed against Sniper’s cheek, leaving a cut and knocking off his sunglasses. Sniper narrowed his eyes in anger, but with his shades removed, he could now more clearly see the figure in the shadows.“Crikey!” Sniper gasped. In his shock, he froze for three instants too long.One. The attacker jabbed at Sniper’s arm, knocking the machete out of his hand.Two. The attacker sliced across Sniper’s torso, and in pain, Sniper doubled over.Three. The attacker stabbed at Sniper’s exposed back, planting the knife in Sniper’s shoulder blades and instantly killing him.The mole had claimed his third victim’s life.

OOC: Dang it PeabodySam! Oh how I want to abuse the fact that some of my characters know who the mole is so I can save the rest of the Second Headquarters Squad but I can't because I don't know who the mole is so I can't write that one little detail.IC: Montoya started to step out of his apartment when his girlfriend, a young blonde named Debbie, walked up to him."You sure about this?" Debbie asked, nervously. "You know how much it worries me what you do.""Hey," replied Montoya. "I'll be fine. You know I only do this for us." "I know," replied Debbie. "I just sometimes wish you'd get a job doing something a bit more...""Legal?"'Yeah," replied Debbie. "It's just that whenever you get drawn into one of these heists, I get so scared that something's going to go wrong and they're going to take you in.""Nothing's going to happen," replied Montoya. "The money I get from this job should cover us for a while. Maybe we can move into a nice place of our own by the seaside."Debbie smiled. "I love you," she said."I love you too," replied Montoya as he turned and left the room, closing the door behind him. He worked his way down the stairs to where Schiess was waiting. There was a car parked out front, which Montoya quickly climbed into the driver's seat of before starting up the engines.

Angel Eyes slowly turned Sniper's body over, as he pulled the knife out of his back."Looks like our mole got to him too.""I think we ought to tell someone," replied Maria. "This is gettin' outta hand. This here mole's killin' everyone of the squad and you, me, and Clint are the only ones who know who it is.""At this point it's only a matter of time before he comes for us," replied Angel Eyes. "But we have evidence now," Angel Eyes glanced at the knife. "Maria, you keep looking for the rest of that squad. See if you can try to make them see reason. I'm going to go turn this in to our superiors. Maybe it can get us some answers, help us confirm if we're right."

"What do you suppose we do then?" Trigger asked. "We just sit around while Silencia continues to pick us off one by one? Trust me, I know this from experience. I had this job back at Mindstorms Inc. She managed to kill five out of seven men, including me. The sixth guy only survived because he wasn't in the building."

"I don't know about the rest of you," Montoya said as he took a bit into his hamburger. "But I don't trust this Venemosa one bit.""Hey," replied Schiess. "If it's any consolation to you I can honestly say I was never overly fond of her either.""I know," replied Montoya. "It's just, the way she was always so reclusive. She seemed to be trying to stay away, and just the way she seemed to be staring at every little thing. It was kinda creepy if you ask me."There was much chatter going on among the men around the table in regards to various things. Some were talking about movies and music, while others like Montoya and Sciess were a bit more professional."Alright," replied Schiess as soon as they were done. "I'm going to go pay for the bill. I'll need you each to put a dollar in for the tip."Schiess left the table. Montoya pulled out his wallet and placed a single dollar on the table. One by one the others started to follow, with one exception."Scorsese," Montoya said. "You gotta pay.""I don't pay tips," replied Scorsese."Why not?""I don't believe in them. I mean if the waitress does a really good job, than yes, I'll give her something extra, but as an ordinary thing-""Look," replied Montoya. "You do realize that the only way they can make a living is on tips. I got a girlfriend trying to bring in money as a waitress, alright.""What's going on?" Schiess asked as he returned to the table. He counted the money in front. "Who didn't pay up?""Scorsese," replied Montoya. "He said he doesn't believe in tips."Schiess looked at him angrily. "Look, I paid for your dinner."Scorsese remained silent for a moment. "Alright," he said. "Since you paid for dinner I'll pitch in, but this isn't something I'd normally do.""I don't think what we're doing now is something any of us would normally do," replied Schiess.

It was getting dark outside, the only lights came from the streetlamps and the bright windows of nearby apartments as Montoya brought his car to a halt. Schiess handed Montoya a walkee talkee, and another one to Keaton, who was in the back with Deniro. "Alright," Schiess said. "You boys know the drill? Montoya, you stay in the car, keep a lookout. If the cops start to come you warn us.""What about Ms. Venemosa?" Asked Montoya."According to our boss she's already in there. I think she was supposed to take care of security or something. I'd suggest you all make sure your guns are loaded anyway. Alright let's go."Schiess quickly climbed out of the car. Deniro opened the trunk and got out couple of handguns which he gave to each of the men. Right behind them, Verbal, Orange, and Scorsese were similarly preparing themselves.Schiess cocked his pistol as he opened the door to the office and stepped inside...

OOC: I was on the fence about doing this, but because I'm running dry on stuff to post, I'll do it. Prepare for a not-so-epic three-part flashbacky thing.The second half of this IC takes place sometime after the Dino Island Laboratory is blown up by the Brickster and before the battle in the Maelstrom Temple.IC:"So," Minerva said, leaning back slightly as she watched Zelda place an ice-pack on her head, despite Enter and Return's insistence that they some how use the shark to help Zelda's headache. "You haven't told me what happened with Provencal.""Oh, yeah," Zach said. He wasn't anxious about reliving the moment, especially since, despite the presence of a mole in the headquarters, he was rather happy and content at the moment. "It's not a happy story and wouldn't consider it my most glamorous moment.""What did you do?" Minerva asked, sitting up slightly. "Rip her head off or something?" She smiled at him jokingly. He returned it halfheartedly, causing her smile to falter. "Seriously, what happened?""Fine," he said. "After Provencal took you out..."**********************************************Oswald Fabello looked down at his feet as he waited for the receptionist to return and to hopefully lead him to his objective. He knew what he was doing had less to do with XERRD’s agenda and more with his own. He was only here because headguard Blaire Darkling agreed to his demands in exchange that Darkling would accompany him to this location.Darkling stood at the receptionist’s death, his hands behind his back and his face completely emotionless. While Oswald had swapped at his guard uniform for a leather jacket, white shirt, and blue jeans, Blaire Darkling wore his signature tan colored trenchcoat, black pants and boots, with dark, reflective sunglasses. The only thing that was different from his appearance on Dinosaur Island and here was that he had removed the sash on his left arm that bore XERRD’s emblem.Blaire looked at Oswald and grinned. “Are we having doubts about coming here, Fabello?”Oswald looked up and scowled at Blaire. “No,” he snapped.“Good. I hate for this trip to be a waste when there are things that need to be completed on Dinosaur Island. If I wasn’t so interested in seeing this place for myself, I doubt I would’ve let you come here at all.”Oswald grumbled. He was not happy Blaire was here. He was tall and big. He sported a dark blond beard that included a goatee that stretched from his lower lip to his chin. In addition to his sunglasses, a large scar leaked out from underneath the right lense. He most notable feature was his long white that went from the top of his shoulders to resting neatly on his sunglasses, concealing his eyebrows.Due to this, he stuck out like a sore thumb. From his white hair and sunglasses to his name. Darkling. He hadn’t even bothered to come up with a new alias while here. He decided to remain Blaire Darkling, most likely because it was an alias. The fact is was also a Name to Run Away From Really Fast did not help the situation. “Could you have taken better measures to blend in, Darkling? Die your hair, remove your sunglasses?” Oswald asked irritably.“Trust me,” Blaire said, his voice extremely calm. “It would be a lot worse if I removed my glasses.” Oswald expected this. He had heard rumors concerning Darkling’s hair and eyes. Most of them trace back to an accident while the Mutant Dinos were still being developed. Blaire refused to tell anyone. Blaire’s entire being seemed to be shrouded in mystery. He was extremely intelligent, calm, and certainly dangerous. At least, according to him. He did manage to restrain me, I suppose. Oswald thought.“Excuse me?” the receptionist had returned, flanked by two nice-looking young men in clean white coats. “These two will lead you to your destination.”Oswald was about to speak when Blaire bowed his head. “Thank you, ma’am.” The receptionist blushed and nodded her head. Oswald rose to his feet and slung his backpack over his shoulder as he and Blaire followed the men into the hallway.

OOC: Oh, yes, Atton. If I were a particularly sadistic game master, I would say that this is your punishment for your characters knowing too much. You get to watch the Second Headquarters Squad die... and there's nothing you can do about it.And now, to begin a three-part IC that I've been waiting a long time to publish...IC: The next thing Rex knew, he was being pushed down the hallway at a rather uncomfortably fast speed. To his shock, it was Sergeant Ronald E. Army who was gripping the handlebars of his wheelchair.“What do you think you’re doing?” Rex gasped, holding onto the armrests for dear life, uncomfortable to be on a wheelchair moving at running speed.“Something’s amiss, troop, and we is likely next on the hit list!” Sergeant Army explained as he continued to push Rex down the hallway. “First, they got Medic, then they got Engineer… but I’ll see to it that they don’t get us! We is heading to the safe room!”Army finally came to a stop in a hallway. Also standing in the hallway was rookie agent Scout, who was desperately punching numbers into a hidden keypad in the hallway’s wall. Rex had not been in this hallway before in his time at Dino Attack Headquarters, though he suspected, based on information from General about a secret door, this was where the self-titled “Portal Operation Team” operated before being shut down by the idealists.“Report, son!” Sergeant Army demanded.“Can’t – get – this – door – open!” Scout reported, his voice clearly strained. “Gimme a little more time, and…”“Oh, you are all MAGGOTS!” Army yelled as he shoved Scout aside. “Scum-sucking maggots hatched from giant mutant maggot eggs served with ham and bacon and spam for breakfast! Let ME handle this! I’ve got the password!”With that, Army punched in numbers he recited aloud. “One… two… three… four… um, err…”“Five?” wagered Scout.“RUN AND HIDE, COWARDS!” roared a deep voice from the other end of the hall. Scout, Army, and Rex turned their heads to see Heavy charging at them, a large machine gun in his hands.“Get down!” shouted Rex. He launched himself out of his wheelchair, and Scout darted to the side. Sergeant Army, a little too slow, was slammed against the locked door by Heavy, and a second later the door splintered into pieces, sending Heavy and Soldier reeling into the ‘safe room’.Rex climbed back into his wheelchair and was pushed by Scout into the ‘safe room’. Surveying the damage, he sighed and shook his head. Heavy smiled sheepishly and shrugged, while Army, leaning on a desk for support, was clearly at wit’s end.“MAGGOTS!” Sergeant Ronald Army screamed. “I’M SURROUNDED BY MAGGOTS!”Rex heard someone clear his throat. He turned his head and saw Spy standing in the doorway, carrying something over his shoulder. “Sorry to pop in unannounced, gentlemen,” announced Spy.

Silencia Venomosa silently opened the door and stepped into the Chief Executive Officer's office. Instantly, she began noting everything about the room, including the portraits hanging on the wall; the framed awards, certificates, and cut-outs from The Daily Brick; the large and expensive wooden desk cluttered with writing utensils, paperwork, picture frames, and one paperweight that could possibly be used as a blunt weapon should the need arise, with one large comfortable chair on either side of the desk; and the window on the far side of the room, looking out over the skyline of LEGO Town.Facing the window, with his back turned towards Venomosa, was a middle-aged man in a gray suit. In case one missed the plaque on the door, there was another plaque on his desk that read his name: Edward Korrupte. He did not turn around for some time, and Venomosa realized that he must not have heard her come in. Thus, she walked around his desk and approached the window until she was standing next to Mr. Korrupte.It was out of his peripheral vision that he finally noticed her. With a start, he exclaimed: "Oh, it's you!" He quickly regained his composure, fixed his tie, and requested, "I do apologize, I did not hear you come in. Please, take a seat, and we'll discuss our business."Silencia Venomosa nodded, and so she walked back around the desk and took a seat in the chair opposite Mr. Korrupte.The CEO did not sit down right away, instead leaning on his chair and staring at Venomosa with disbelief. "So, at last, I have the pleasure of meeting you face-to-face," he murmured quietly. "But you are so... young. Given your... résumé, I imagined that you were considerably older. You're not even twenty years old, are you?"Venomosa frowned, raised an eyebrow, and tapped her fingers against his desk. It was not uncommon for her employers to be surprised by her young age, but for her, it could only happen so many times before she grew weary of it. She wanted to get past the formalities as quickly as possible so she could learn exactly what she was being hired for."I'm Edward Korrupte," he introduced himself, extending a hand towards Venomosa. "CEO of Dacta Corporation. It truly is a privilege to be working with you, Ms. Venomosa."Politely, Venomosa took Korrupte's hand and shook it."Now, then," Mr. Korrupte clasped his hands together, "I'm sure you have come with with many questions regarding your employment. Most importantly, 'what'. But, I hope you don't mind if I answer 'why' first, and give you a little exposition regarding the circumstances that have led me to hiring you."Edward Korrupte turned his back on Silencia Venomosa and strode back to the window. Watching him do so, Venomosa thought to herself that Korrupte was a foolish man to believe that he could turn his back on her; had someone else already bought her loyalties, that would have been the perfect moment to backstab him. Since she was not hired to kill him... yet... she let it go for now, but felt a little disappointed that her employers would not know better than to always keep their eyes on her at all times.Looking out the window, Mr. Korrupte sighed. "Ah, LEGO Town. Such a prosperous and ever-growing example of some of the best that LEGO has to offer. And, for years, my company, Dacta Corporation, helped shape this town and make it what it is today. Over the years, we have poured our resources into continuing to build upon what our founders have created. We've educated the world on the possibilities of Duplo and Technic. We've funded expeditions to Egypt, overseen the restoration of historic landmarks in Castle Cove, and greatly supported the vehicle industry. Ms. Venomosa, this company has been in my family for three generations. I would do anything to keep it from going under."Venomosa raised her eyebrows, interested."Now, recently, another company has stepped up to the plate. Mindstorms, Incorporated. While Dacta was once undoubtedly the number-one producer of modern technology, Mindstorms threatens to take that position away from us. Frankly, I'm rather certain, for all their high-tech gadgets, robots, and inventions, that they have been stealing our resources and ideas. Fame is a fickle friend, and already the world is starting to forget all that Dacta is done and is instead drooling over every new product put on the market by Mindstorms. I can't do a thing about this, but I'm not about to sit by and watch my company crash and burn after so many years of unchallenged success."Edward Korrupte turned around to face Silencia Venomosa once more. She nodded and made a gesture for him to continue."Supposedly, Mindstorms, Inc. has been working on a new product codenamed NXT, rumored to change the world forever. I need eyes and ears in Mindstorms so I can figure out what this NXT business is all about. Someone on the inside that I can trust. Someone who won't talk back or spill the beans. And that's where you come in, Ms. Venomosa. I need you to find out what Mindstorms, Inc. is planning in those dark and decrepit backrooms behind that polished silver exterior of their main office building. I can see that, in your silence, observation is one of your greatest skills, and therefore I have no doubt that you would be perfect for this job."Silencia Venomosa blinked and raised an eyebrow. An infiltration? It was no doubt something she was more than capable of performing above and beyond her client's expectations, but it seemed a little odd to her. Nearly every one of her clients wanted her to bring in someone with a huge price on his head or to assassinate a key figure. That was what she was most infamous for. It seemed odd that Edward Korrupte would try to hire her, a reputed killer, for a quiet infiltration mission. So, she crossed her arms, narrowed her eyes, and cocked her head ever-so-slightly, as if asking if that was all.Mr. Korrupte bit his lip. While he was not nearly as skilled at reading her expressions as her brother (and they had fallen out long ago, so she had not seen him in years), he could sense that she suspected that he was not saying everything. Clearing his throat, he declared, "That is all I wish for you to do at the moment. Should the moment arise where you must... take greater measures, I'll find some way to contact you. But for now, all that I ask of you is to infiltrate Mindstorms, Inc. and feed information back to me on what they are up to."He sighed and shook his head. "Even now, I bet, that windbag who is running Mindstorms has hired his own mercenary, most likely to infiltrate my own company, as I have done with you. I'd hate for this to end as a repeat of Reliable Excavation Deconstruction and Brick League United, but I fear I have no choice but to act first if he has not done so already."Venomosa nodded. She remembered the history of Reliable Excavation Deconstruction and Brick League United. One company was founded for the purpose of building; the other, for deconstruction. Any other time, it would not have been a major intercorporate conflict... but the problem was that they were founded by brothers who had a severe case of sibling rivalry. Their disputes and arguments culminated in the 1950s, when each company hired a team of mercenaries to infiltrate the other company. That... ended badly. Luckily, since then, the two brothers had passed away due to old age, and their successors managed to build far more peaceful relations between the two companies."Alright then," concluded Edward Korrupte, "if either of us has any questions or new information, we shall contact each other. It was a pleasure meeting you, Ms. Venomosa."Silencia Venomosa frowned and began tapping her fingers on his desk."Oh, right," Mr. Korrupte bit his lip and scratched head, a little sheepishly. He bent down and picked up a briefcase. Opening it, he showed off stacks and stacks of $100 bills. "Here is half your payment up front. When I feel that your mission is complete, I'll reward your services with the other half."Venomosa's eyes widened as she looked at all that money... and it was only half of her full payment. Nodding, she stood and took the briefcase from Mr. Korrupte. They shook hands one last time, and she started for the door."Oh, and one more thing."Venomosa paused and turned around.Edward Korrupte slowly sat down in his own chair, with a grim expression as he locked eyes with Venomosa. "This conversation never happened. We are the only ones who know that you and I were here together. Understand?"Of course. It was silly and paranoid to think otherwise. Silencia Venomosa nodded, then opened the door and slipped out back into the hallway.As she made her way back to the elevator, she passed the receptionist once again. "Had a good time, honey?" the receptionist gave a false smile, her nasally voice making her comment even more obnoxious.Venomosa paused for just a second. She turned back and glanced at the receptionist. Ursula Bennett was her name.Then, Silencia Venomosa turned away and resumed walking to the elevator. This time, she smiled to herself. It was a dark and sadistic smile, the smile flashed by a serpent as it cornered its doomed prey. Edward Korrupte had requested that only the two of them know about the meeting that was held in Dacta Corporation that day. Surely, Ursula Bennett, who had seen a silent young woman enter the CEO's office today, knew too much.I'll just make it look like an accident, thought Silencia Venomosa, with sadistic pleasure.OOC: Whoa, that flashback turned out a lot longer than I had anticipated.Just to remind you all that I will be away Saturday and Sunday. Rex, Soldier, Heavy, Scout, and Spy (and Sniper's corpse) are in the secret room formerly used by the disbanded Portal Operations Team (Chompy, General, Shock, and Libo). Please do not interact with any of them until my return. And if you interact with any of my characters outside the room, make sure that they're in-character (I don't want any more "Because PeabodySam wasn't there to write what she would normally do while Trigger pointed a gun at her and publicly revealed her darkest secret, Amanda just sat there going 'DUH...!'").

OOC: I see where this is going. You based that all off the "Meet the Spy" video, didn't you?IC: "Hey man," Dude said as he approached Kate and Sarah's table and sat down with them, putting up his mostly exposed feet."Who is this?" Kate asked."A friend from Antarctica," replied Sarah. "Long story."Walter sat down next to them. "Now this is what I'm talking about," he said excitedly. "This pizza is surprisingly good.""Hey guys," Donnie said as he approached."SHUT THE ZNAP UP, DONNIE!" Replied Walter."Somebody's been murdered.""I said shut the- wait, who was killed?""Three people now, a technician, some doctor-""What doctor?" Replied Sarah."I don't remember his name. Ludwig, Luftwaffe, Luxan... Something along those lines."Sarah sighed in a moment of relief."Is something wrong?" Kate asked."No," replied Sarah. "It's nothing."At that moment, Angel Eyes stepped into the mess hall. He got himself a bottle of whiskey and sat down at a nearby table where Clint was sitting. After taking a moment to light his pipe, he took out the knife he'd found at the crime scene and handed it to Clint."Sniper's dead," Angel Eyes said sternly. "We found this lodged in his back. If we can figure out where it came from it might give us some idea who the killer is.""Looks like Spy's," replied Clint."If he is the mole than he's one knife short," replied Angel Eyes."He still has a gun," replied Clint.

The lobby was mostly empty, most of the staff having left for the night. Still, the six men in the room were reaching for their guns just in case something happened."Alright," Schiess said. "Remember the plan. Scorsese, Orange, you two go take care of security. I need you to disconnect cameras and any other alarm systems in the building. The rest of you come with me."Schiess led them toward the elevator. As soon as he, Keaton, Verbal, and Deniro were on, he hit the button for the 13th floor. There was a brief dinging sound as the elevator came to a stop."Who's there?" Said a sudden voice, drawing attention from Schiess's gun. He slowly approached the corner, walking past the various inventions that adorned the hall to find a young security guard standing there. Quickly Schiess drew his gun and shot the man through the head, killing him instantly.Further down the hall, there was a receptionist getting ready to leave. She was just getting her jacket on when she turned saw Keaton pointing a gun to her."Where do you keep the paperwork?" Keaton asked sternly.The receptionist looked at him. At that moment, Keaton noticed a name on her desk; Ursula Bennett. "Now I'm only going to ask this once, where is the megablocking paperwork?""What paperwork?""The documents concerning Dacta's latest projects," replied Schiess. "Everything they're planning!""They're in Mr. Korrupte's office," replied the receptionist.At that moment there was static from Schiess's walkee talkee before the familiar voice of Orange came in. "We've disabled security cameras," he said. "We're currently heading back to your position.""Good," replied Schiess. "Alright, Keaton, Deniro, keep your guns on her. Verbal, let's check this office."With a quick gunshot, Schiess was able to break in."It's in his desk," Ursula shouted. Deniro cocked his gun once more.Verbal opened one drawer, and found nothing, another drawer, and another. He finally opened the last drawer and revealed a file containing various blueprints. Schiess took a moment to examine them."Alright, let's get the znap out of here," Schiess said. There was suddenly a loud gunshot followed by a scream. Schiess and Verbal stepped out of the office to see Ursula lying on the ground with a bullet hole through her chest, right in front of the smoking barrel of Deniro's gun."Scorsese, where are you?" Schiess asked."We're working our way up to- oh znap," Suddenly the line went dead."Scorsese, Orange. Are you there? SCORSESE! ORANGE! ZNAP IT!"

Edited by Atton Rand

OoC: By the way, I just reread Atton’s post awhile back and low and behold there was Dust. I like what you did there, I was hoping that Dust would have a cameo in the flashback and I’m glad he made an appearance. It’s funny seeing him as a museum nerd and not our manipulative friend we have come to know and love. This probably takes place somewhere in his mid twenties so the date would have to be around 2002.Also, I saw the big Lebowski awhile back and have come to have greater appreciation for agent Dude. The Dude abides.IC:Naomi looked grimly at the three covered bodies in the morgue. The victims had been arranged in a neat row with a white sheet covering each body.The blood on the flour had been whipped clean but Naomi still glimpsed the brown stain that covered the concrete floor where Medic had died.Gate Crusher also stood in the quite mortuary. The doctor slowly checked of boxes on her third death certificate she filled out today.“Did you know any of them very well?” asked Naomi. “I never had the opportunity to work with agent Medic.”“You’re lucky.” Said Gates. “Dr. Luzwheit was very disturbed, brilliant, but absolutely insane.”“So you knew him?” asked Naomi, “You worked with him?”“No.” replied Gates. “But I read the some of the surgical reports. There where cases where he dug around in people’s brains so they would be unable to comprehend they lost both there feet. He then would sit them back at their computer none-the-wiser so they could continue their work.”This made Naomi feel slightly queasy. She had developed a great respect for the medical staff well working with the likes of Dr. Pierce. She found it difficult to believe that someone who pledged to ‘do no harm’ could possibly do that to another minifigure.“You’re probably thinking that everyone on the Dino attack team is a good person.” Said Gates, “I was that Naïve once two. You need to know that each side had heroes and each side has villains.” She motioned to the second covered body. “Medic was not a villain, but he was not necessarily a good person. His initiations in life where good but that is not be true for everyone in this unit.”She motioned to the three dead bodies.“As I am sure you are now aware.”Carver looked at the three shrouded forms. Something then caught her eye on the floor. A bloodstained scrap of paper sat beneath the table where Medic had died.She carefully lifted the scrap and unfurled the bloodstained corners to see what it said.What she saw made her jump into the air shriek. She threw the scrap across the room as if she had discovered a cockroach.“What is it!” asked Gates.“It said you’re next!” screamed Naomi.“Relax.” Said Gates as she picked up the scrap of paper “It was not meant for you.”“Than whom was it meant for?”“Probably Medic.” Suggested Gates. “I bet he was holding it when he died.” The doctor considered for a moment. “This is a clue Naomi, it means that the killer is picking targets, not killing out of necessity.”“We should turn that into an elite agent.” Said Naomi, “They would know what to do.”“We can also use it to check handwriting.” Responded Gates excitedly. “If we have the suspects write something we could match it up to this peace of paper.”The two medicinal staff ran off to announce their discovery.OoC:Anyone is welcome to interact and do with this as they wish. Someone can even destroy the paper if they want.Next post I’ll probably have Hertz visiting with Rotor and Cabin in the infirmary and start Lutsky’s the session with Saran.I’m also still on the hunt for a katana for doctor Solomon if any one has any ideas let me know.I’m starting to suspect Amanda as the mole myself, but considering PeabodySam’s tendency for mind games I’m betting he wants us to think it’s Amanda.That would put Solomon in an awkward position

That is all

OoC: By the way, I just reread Atton’s post awhile back and low and behold there was Dust. I like what you did there, I was hoping that Dust would have a cameo in the flashback and I’m glad he made an appearance. It’s funny seeing him as a museum nerd and not the manipulative bustard we have come to know and love. This probably takes place somewhere in his mid twenties so the date would have to be around 2002.Also, I saw the big Lebowski awhile back and have come to have greater appreciation for agent Dude. The Dude abides.
OOC: My original plan was just to have it be a common family but I decided to find a way to tie it into the main narrative, and I remembered the comparisons between the two characters and that some of you guys wished that Trigger could meet Dust so I decided to grant it... sort of. I wasn't totally sure about the exact date as well (this flashback was supposed to place before Kate was born, she's roughly eighteen now) so I'm not quite sure if Dust would have been working for Kilroy just yet, but I still think it more or less worked.Also, it is great to see someone loves Agent Dude.IC: "Where are you two going?" Pierce asked as he turned toward Carver and Crusher."We found something," replied Crusher. "Show him the paper.'Carver unfolded a small slip of paper as Pierce read the words on it, "You're next.""Where'd you find this?" asked Pierce."It was on medic," replied Carver."Oh my Builder," replied Pierce. "There's a pattern, here, something. Whoever these people were there's a reason this person wants them dead.""I was just going to inform the elites about this-""Good," replied Pierce. "I can't believe I'm about to say this but I think I know one thing we can do. Crusher, I'm going to need you and Wade to help me with this.""What?" Crusher asked."Luzwheit believed he could extract the last memories of his victims," replied Pierce. "He thought he could cut open a person's brain, locate a few specific cells, and then project the last thing they saw onto a screen.""Is that possible?" Crusher asked."I don't know," replied Pierce. "But the equipment's already set up and we have three bodies. If we can figure out the process we might just be able to prevent a fourth from joining them.""Right then," replied Crusher. "I'll see if Medic left any notes on this procedure. Why don't you and Wade get one of the bodies ready."Pierce slowly walked over to the mortuary, and pulled off one of the sheets, revealing the familiar face of Dietrich Luzwheit. "Let's see how you like this," he muttered as he struggled to pick up the body.

OOC: I noticed the connections between PeaSam's post and the Meet the Spy video. I also noticed, after rewatching the video out of curiosity, that Sniper's fight with the mole seemed to be somewhat inspired/based on the BLU Sniper's fight with the RED Spy in that video.And speaking of movies and their connection to the RPG, I watched both Iron Man and Star Trek this week, both featuring Faran Tahir. Thanks to you mentioning that Tahir would be your prefrence to play Dust that guy, I saw a terrorist holding Tony Stark hostage and a starship captain as Dust. :PIC:Zach finished his story. Minerva simply looked at him, her eyes filled with concern. "Well," she finally began. "It's...to be honest, it sounds down right horrible, but it was necessary. Provencal couldn't be allowed live. She was evil for everything she did. To Oswald, to you, to Zelda...""Zelda?" Zach suddenly questioned."Zelda told me Provencal was the one who injected her with the Maelstrom." Zach let that sink in. He wondered how many more Minifigs had been corrupted by Provencal's hand. "And besides," she continued. "How you felt when you killed her had to be because you were in the Maelstrom Temple. The Darkitect was messing with you like he was with everyone else. Except instead of forcing you to face your fear, he was messing with your emotions. Maybe trying to turn you to his side again. Or...or-""Maybe trying to get me kill myself out of regret and anguish," he said forcefully. Minerva's eyes widened. He had left out that detail. It made sense. The Darkitect didn't want Zach controlling his power, so he would manipulate him into becoming the monster that he had destroyed, only for him to break down in grief and kill himself."Did you-?" Minerva started. Zach nodded. Minerva was about to say something when he raised his hand."The moment passed soon enough. As much as the Darkitect has manipulated me in the last week, I finally caught on to him and told myself there was still a lot worth living for." He poked her in the shoulder to reference her. Minerva still seemed worried. "The Darkitect has lost his connection to this planet. He may still be able to just barely contact me, but his influence is next to nothing, even with a small amount of Maelstrom in me.""What?!" Minerva exclaimed. "But we injected the cure in-""I think I'm a different case than most Minifigs." He raised his hand. He concentrated on briefly enough to allow purple sparks to dance on his finger tips. Minerva was less surprised at this. "Without the Maelstrom, I doubt I would be able to do that.""But why can you do that?" she asked. "You haven't explained that."Zach sighed. Another exposition. "Alright, here it goes. It started when I was about to become a Stromling in the Temple of Hotep III. Ahua did some digging and..."***********************************As he walked through hallways, Oswald dwelled on the very recent past. Even though he knew joined XERRD was probably the best decision he made in his life, he continued to try and justify his actions.It was necessary. he thought. How often had he repeated that line in his head? They would’ve killed me otherwise. And truly, what would I have gained by helping the Dino Attack Team? Returning to a life I despised? That was his true reason for joining XERRD: an escape. And he had didn’t regret his decision until he was captured by a ninja and a Dino Attack Agent while guarding the now-destroyed fortress on Adventurers’ Island. He reasoned that he would finally get the death he deserved. He desired. For he considered death the only true escape. Nothing mattered once he died.And then he got the shock of his life: his own sister had joined the very team he betrayed. Shock combined the remembrance of what Carolyne Provencal and Walter Breen said to him that convinced him to join XERRD sent him into a violent state. He wasn’t sure how to react to Minerva’s presence and the fact the she was half the cause of all the turmoil in his life. So he disregarded his initially idea to be killed in Dino Attack captivity and made his poorly-planned escape, killing eight agents in the process in a cackling, sadistic episode. Now, he was calmed and prepared. He was certain she would live past her mission on Adventurers’ Island, regardless whether the Dino Attack, XERRD, or even that dreaded Maelstrom won the battle.He had a plan. Oswald had shared parts of it with Blaire, who was extremely indifferent to it. Oswald, however, was conflicted on it. Its main goal was to convince Minerva to join XERRD. After reassessing the situation multiple times, he knew very well he could not bring himself to actually kill Minerva. So he would make her join him. And if that didn’t work, he would make sure Minerva suffered. Horribly. And both plans involved collecting the target at this location with Blaire.Oswald grinned madly. It would be hard to keep the target intact long enough for Minerva to see it, as he desperately wanted to destroy the target as soon as they reached it. Just a little while longer. he relished happily. Everything in his life seemed to be leading up to this moment, and when it came, he would accept it with open arms.“Fabello,” Blaire whispered quietly. “Stop grinning like a moron.” Oswald shook his head, his frown return to his face. “I can’t having you go mad on me. Especially in a place like this.” Blaire chuckled and continued to look forward.Oswald looked down at his feet. Am I going mad? It seemed more and more likely with each passing day. He now suffered from extreme insomnia, represented by dark shadows underneath his eyes. And when he did manage to catch a few minutes of sleep, he woke up screaming and he wasn't exactly sure why. He began to see things and people that were really there. Primarily his deceased father and brother. They rarely spoke to him. They just watched him with cold eyes. And when they did, the encouraged his efforts. His plans. He knew the very few remaining Minifig guards were beginning to believe he was losing it, leading him to accusing, yelling, and beating his men in a furious, uncontrollable fashion that had often times needed Blaire to break it up forcefully.I’m not crazy, Oswald thought with certainty. If anything, Minerva is crazy for joining the losing side. He sighed. We're both crazy for even taking sides in this war. But despite how mad we both are, we will never be as crazy as her. Oswald shuddered as he thought about her. All in good time. He made the right decision. Being with XERRD and Doctor Rex was for the best.“We’re here,” one of the men in white said, gesturing to a door. Oswald let a half grin return to his face. He was unsure what would happen next, but he was excited all the same. It had been a long time indeed.

IC: "I think I might have something here," Crusher said. There was a small tape recorder on a nearby counter. She pushed the rewind button and then hit play, and within a few minutes Dietrich Luzwheit's voice was heard."It iz a very simple process. Vat ve are going to do is extract ze memories from his brain. We just got to locate ze memory cells, zen we can put needles into hiz eyes to project the last memory onto a screen. First, I vil take ze bonesaw, let me just check- oh yes, zis iz nice and shiny."There was a brief moment of silence before his voice came up again. “Ivan, you are an exzellent comrade und a great vriend, but you are tired und veary. You don’t have to ztay iv you don’t vant to. Vy don’t you get zome rezt?”“I vant to be here, Dietrich," said a voice which Pierce recognized as the man who called him. "Engineer is dead. I do not vant to see you dead either.”“I underztand your conzernz. But, do not vorget zat I can devend myzelv should I be in danger. Remember zat one Hybrid in Gold Zity?”“Perhaps late-night snack vill help me stay avake. I vill be back… vith sandvich.” Pierce could briefly hear a thud as the door closed, presumably from this Ivan walking out of the room."Now, to begin ze operation," Medic said to himself. 'Ve start by cutting ze patient's skull-"They very faintly heard the door opening once again, and very faint thud."Vat is zis?" Medic asked. "You're next.""That would explain the slip of paper Caver found in his hand," Crusher said.In the next few minutes, they were unable to make much of what they heard. There was a brief clinging noise, as though Medic had hit something metal with his bonesaw. Then here was Luzwheit's final words; "Nein! It cannot be!"There was a moment of silence, only accompanied by a loud thud as presumably Luzwheit hit the operating table for landing on the ground."Well," Pierce said. "That was... very helpful-" He suddenly cut himself off as another voice was heard faintly.“Anyvay, sandvich is great! So moist and del-”"MEDIC!" There was a momentary pause before Ivan was heard shouting "NO!"Ivan could be heard crying softly before he shouted a familiar sentence. "HELP! MEDIC IS DEAD!"After a few seconds, Pierce heard his own voice. "What happened?""Calm down," replied Pierce. "Let me take a look at him.""Slashed throat." Pierce muttered. "Looks like someone didn't want him to do that autopsy.""What happened?" Maria's asked in her distinctive southern accent."I just vent to get sanvich," replied Heavy. "I come back and Medic is dead!""We got to act fast," said Angel Eyes. "Somebody's picking us off one by one, and I think I know who it is.""Who?" Asked Pierce."The less you know the better," replied Angel Eyes. "The important thing that we got to be prepared for the next murder. Maria, I need you to go to the mess hall, anywhere else and get everybody from the Second Headquarters Squad to meet up there. Heavy, you go with her.""I go with little lady?" Ivan asked"Yes," replied Maria. "Come on."At that point Crusher stopped the tape. "We all know what happened after that," she said. "That still doesn't explain the full process," replied Pierce. "The other thing that concerns me is that recording seemed to suggest that someone didn't want this autopsy to happen.""Whoever it was only attacked after that other guy was gone," replied Crusher. "Judging by that and the note, I'd hazard a guess that he had other reasons for killing Luzwheit, and he wanted to get him while alone. I reckon as long as there's at least two of us in here we should be fine.""Alright," replied Pierce. "WADE, GET OVER HERE! As soon as Carver gets back we'll need her too. I'm going to have to make a series of educated guesses into this operation."

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: I got back earlier than I expected.Well, as I explained on Sniper's wiki page, I intended for that "something" that Spy brought into the room, carrying over his shoulder, to be Sniper's corpse, so that he could fling it upon the table a la "Meet the Spy". I'll have to make a few last-minute adjustments... Part 2 of 3!And yes. If you're curious, the Word Document that I saved these 3 ICs in is titled "Meet the Spy".IC: “Spy!” snapped Sergeant Ronald Army. “What do you think you’re doing here? This is my safe room, and you are not welcome in my safe room!”Spy smirked and gestured towards the splintered remains of the door scattered on the floor. “I see ze ‘safe room’ is far from safe now.”“He does have a point,” Rex nodded.“Yeah, thanks t’ knucklehead here!” Scout retorted, pointing at Heavy. Heavy responded with a dark glare that shut up the rookie agent.Rex ignored Scout’s comment. “I presume you’ve heard what’s been going on? In regards to agents Engineer and Medic?”“But of course, I heard about it,” Spy nodded, with a grim look in his eyes.Out of the corner of his eye, Rex saw Heavy’s dark glare fade away instantly, replaced by a mourning expression. “Dietrich…” Heavy sighed. “Medic vas more than just friend to me. He… vas like… brother…” At that point, Heavy became too choked up to speak.“I think he was a lot more than just a brother to ya,” smirked Scout. Everyone glared at Scout with disapproval for this remark.Spy pointed an accusing finger at Heavy, Soldier, and Scout. “Now, thanks to you incompetent cowards, we have no safe room! And worse… zey got Sniper as well. I found him in his sniping post, with a knife planted in his back.”“Poor fella must’ve been stabbed from behind while zoomed in,” Sergeant Army remarked.“Not quite,” Spy shook his head. “It looked like he would not go down without a fight; Sniper had a few minor cuts on his face as well, and I found a nearby machete which Sniper presumably used in conflict with his attacker. But he was dispatched so quickly and so silently, even if zere was a knife fight between Sniper and zis… infiltrator, nobody would know zat it happened until his body was discovered.”Surprisingly, a small chuckle escaped Spy’s lips, causing the others to stare at him. “I’m quite impressed, actually,” Spy admitted. “Whoever is behind zis is quite ze master at the art of infiltrating.”“What are you?” scoffed Scout. “His number one fanboy? Hah, I bet all ya no-good dime-a-dozen spies secretly love each other!”Spy shot Scout a dark glare. “Silence, boy!” he hissed. “Zat is no way to speak to your father!”Scout was visibly startled. His eyes were widened and his jaw was hanging open. He struggled to find his voice, but even before he could succeed at that, Spy pulled a photograph out of his suit pocket. Rex, Heavy, and Army looked over Scout’s shoulder and saw a wedding photo depicting a bride who resembled Scout’s mother, Mrs. Rutherford, holding hands with a groom wearing a familiar ninja-style cowl.Scout reached out for the photograph, but Spy quickly pocketed it. “But zat is of little importance at ze moment. What matters now is zat we find out who is ze skilled master of spies who has successfully killed Engineer, Medic, and Sniper.”“They were all members of Second Headquarters Squad,” remarked Rex. “Any of you three might be the next target! Where are Pyro and Demoman?”“Zat is ze pattern zat I thought zat I saw emerging,” Spy nodded grimly, “ze one I hesitated to tell you and Amanda about. It is becoming increasingly obvious zat we members of Second Headquarters Squad are ze targets of zis killer. Why, I am not yet certain, but I theorize zat our victory at Gold City and Fort Legoredo makes us too dangerous for our enemies to keep us alive. Additionally, taking down Engineer and Sniper could be seen as a strategy to take down our defenses, and as for Medic... he got too close to discovering his identity. Or perhaps, zere is a far more malicious intent behind zese murders, something I cannot fathom... something zat would be in ze style of, for example, Silencia Venomosa.”Rex tensed at those last two words. “From what I understand, Silencia Venomosa has been... inactive for quite some time now. I seriously doubt that she is behind this; while XERRD has hired mercenaries in the past, I have a strong feeling that she is not one of them.”Spy glared at Rex, his piercing eyes boring into Rex's consciousness, and for a moment, Rex thought that Spy could read his mind and discover Venomosa's true identity. “I would not be so quick as to discount anyone, Rex,” hissed Spy. “As a spy myself, I know zat ze killer could be any one of us. For all we know, it could be you, Rex. And for all you know, it could even be me! And-”There came the sound of thunder. Spy fell to the floor, his skull blown into thousands of tiny shards. He would never move again. Rex, Scout, and Heavy all stared wide-eyed at the corpse, then at Ronald E. Army. The military sergeant was smiling maliciously as he reloaded his shotgun.OOC: Bet you all saw that one coming. Again, please don't interact with anyone in the room until my next IC.

Edited by PeabodySam

OOC: Bet you all saw that one coming. Again, please don't interact with anyone in the room until my next IC.
OOC: The only problem is I have a terrible feeling by the time you write that next IC everyone's going to be dead. For some reason it's just really painful for me to read about the deaths of these guys.Oh, and now I'm thinking it's time for another round of "Spot the Expy". I'd like to see someone catch this one.IC: "There seems to be a pattern here," Angel Eyes said. "First Engineer, then Medic, and Sniper. You see the connection.""Yeah," replied Clint. "They were all part of the same squad.""That's it," replied Angel Eyes. "What puzzles me, though, is that nobody's come after any of us. We were there with the squad and we're trying to find out who the mole is, and yet nobody's come to Whoever's responsible must know them. All we know based on this evidence that whoever it was was good with a knife.""All the more reason to suspect Silencia," said a voice from behind. Angel Eyes turned to see a rough-looking man in a leather jacket. "Agent Trigger," he said. "Silencia Venemosa?" Angel Eyes asked. "You know her?" "Back at Gold City we had a few run-ins," replied Angel Eyes. "I always thought she was long dead.""She isn't," replied Trigger. "I know her well. I lost five good men by her hand, and she's right here in this base under the pseudonym of Amanda. She has this whole innocent act she keeps pulling but I don't buy it.""She use knives a lot?""You kidding?" Replied Trigger. "We had this one job at Dacta, it was down to me and this other guy, Keaton. We just got to the door when I found she'd stabbed him in the megablocking back with her switchblade. The getaway driver and I were the only ones who made it out of that mess in one piece and believe me when I say we got back at her.""That gives us two possible suspects," replied Angel Eyes. "I'm not much of a detectiv-""Perhaps I can be of assistance," said a sudden voice from behind. The men turned to see a tall man in a suit and fedora approaching them. He sat down at the table and poured himself a glass of whiskey. "Who are you?" Trigger asked, sternly."The name's Bogart," replied the man. "Private Detective." He held out a badge."Why didn't you get on this sooner?""I didn't know," replied Bogart. "Some guy called and said to come down here because there was a murder so I came down here to investigate.""Three murders actually," replied Angel Eyes. "What do we know so far?" Bogart asked."We know that they were all working for the same squad," replied Angel Eyes. "The Second Headquarters Squad, they called it. The only question is why they haven't come after us?""Were you part of this... Second Headquarters Squad?" Bogart asked. "Sort of," replied Angel Eyes. "Right," replied Bogart. "I'd better start asking around.""I got to go make a phone call," replied Trigger as he stood up. "I'll come talk to you more about this business with Silencia later."

Trigger quickly closed the phone book and turned the dial on the ridiculously outdated payphone the team had installed into the wall outside the cafeteria. "Hello," he said. "Antarctic affairs. Yes, I need you to pass a message to a friend of mine. His name's Montoya. Tell him it's from a friend of his, named Schiess. I want you to simply tell him, I found her, see if you can get him in contact as well."

After a few minutes washing and sterilizing the bonesaw, Pierce slowly turned toward Medic's body, which lay on the table. "Crusher, you find anything among his belongings."

"A few notes," she said. "Not much that was useful."

"Alright," replied Pierce. He started to put the bonesaw on Medic's forehead, and began to make the cut...

OOC: I can confirm that I flipped my laptop while writing the wall of text below when I read that Spy was Scout's father. Too bad his father was shot in the face almost immediately after that reveal. Of course, Scout could always be the mole if we're playing the Meet the Spy card and doesn't really care, but I doubt that. Hopefully.And a clever way to slip more Meet the Spy references Under The Radar, particularly the not-appropriate-for-BZP bits.IC:Oswald stepped into the room. It was a small, completely room. Its only prominent features were a small bed with a nightstand with a lamp and picture frame on it, a toilet nearby, and a small table in the middle of the room.At this table sat a woman. She had long, unkept graying-blond hair that dropped past her shoulders. She had wide, empty gray eyes as she stared at her work-in-progress puzzle of LEGO City’s skyline. She wore a baggy orange jumpsuit with the number 2004-6810 inscribed on her chest in dark characters. She looked up at the group of men, her eyes wide and confused. Her face showed signs of aging and looked horrifyingly familiar to Oswald.Oswald couldn’t bring himself to say anything. Not in the presence of these men in white coats. He could only stare at the woman in front of him in shock and awe.Thank you, gentlemen,” Blaire said to the two men. “If you don’t mind, we would prefer to speak with our...cousin alone.”“Of course,” one man said. He and his partner began to leave. “Let’s go get some lunch,” he muttered to his partner. They gently pulled the door behind them as they left. Before the door could snap shut, Blaire stuck his boot in the way. He pulled out a switchblade from his pockets and jammed it in the door, preventing it from closing.“Is she the person we are looking for?” Blaire asked. Oswald ignored him as continued to look at the woman, who had risen to her feet, never taking her eyes off of him. She slowly moved toward him until they were face to face. Oswald bit his tongue as he realized that he knew who this woman’s face resembled.The woman reached up and put her hands on his cheeks. Her eyes showed childlike confusion and wonder. Finally, she spoke, her voice quiet and clear. “Ozzie?”Oswald swallowed hard. “Yes?” The woman grinned foolishly and wrapped her arms around him in a tight hug. He forced himself to refrain from killing her right here and right now. The woman pulled away and looked at him, grinning happily.“Ozzie, you’ve gotten so tall!” she cooed. “And so handsome!” Oswald felt his eye twitch in fury. The woman suddenly paused, but quickly continued talking. “You haven’t been home all day, playing with your little friends. Minnie has been crying about wanting to see you all day.”Oswald felt the cold hand of Blaire grab the back of his collar. “Please restrain yourself, Fabello,” Blaire hissed into his ear. “I know what you want to do, but this is not the ideal place to do it.”“And Tod was hoping you’d play Super Brick Kart 64,” the woman continued. Oswald bit his tongue again in fury.“M-m-mother,” Oswald hissed through clenched teeth.“Yes?” Athena Fabello said, her gray eyes glistening with excitement.“Minnie...Minerva is hurt. She needs your help.” Athena frowned in confusion.“Where’s your father?” she asked.“He’s dead.” Oswald spat. Athena laughed in an easy tone.“What? Your father isn’t dead! That’s ridiculous. He’s probably working late again.”Oswald bit his tongue yet again. He wanted slap his mother for her idiocy. “Minerva needs your help now. She’s hurt and she’s crying for you.”Worry appeared on Athena’s face. “Where is she? Is she with Tod?”Oswald scowled “No!” he roared. “Minerva was alone. She’s outside. She’s hurt, she’s crying, she needs you!”Athena began to panic. “She’s too young to be out there alone!” Oswald frowned. Too young? Well, I suppose if she thinks Dad and Tod are alive, she probably thinks Minerva is four years old.Athena pushed past Oswald and started moving toward the door. She bumped into Blaire hard. She stepped back and stared at him, confused and angry. “What did I say about not talking to strangers, Oz? Who are you?” she demanded.Blaire rested a hand on Athena’s shoulder, causing her to jump. “Ma’am, please calm down. For all our sakes.” Athena still looked angry, her hands curling into fists. “Shh. Breathe, Ms. Fabello. Breathe.”Oswald watched as Athena breathed in and out slowly, nodding, her anger and fear being replaced with relaxation. “I-” Athena began. She froze momentarily. Then she turned to Oswald. Her grin slowly returned to her face.“Ozzie,” she said affectionately, walking over to him and rubbing his hair. “Are you hungry? I have macaroni cooking.” Oswald let his mouth hang open.“It sounds like she has short-term memory loss or at least some form of dementia,” Blaire noted. He opened his trenchcoat and revealed a tan-colored folder. “However, according to this, it isn’t as simple as that.”“Clearly, if she thinks my adult sister is four-years-old and I’m ten-years-old,” Oswald snapped. “Where did you get that?”Blaire shrugged. “From the front desk. The receptionist set it down and I picked it up. Simple as that.” He flipped open the folder and began reading its contents. Oswald turned back to Athena, who was holding his hand and observing it closely.“If you are going to have macaroni,” Athena said sternly. “you need to wash your hand. They are filthy!” Oswald scowled and shoved his mother away.Let’s try this again. “Mother,” Oswald began.“‘Mother?’” she repeated. “Since when have you called me ‘Mother’?”“Mom,” Oswald hissed. “Minerva needs to see you.”“Why?” Athena asked. “Does she help on her homework? I know she’s been falling behind since Dad went away on his business trip.”What?! But you...? Oswald rolled his eyes and went along with it. “Minnie needs help on her math homework.”“Okay. Where is she?”“I will lead you to her.” He pulled the backpack from his shoulders. “You need to change into clothes more fitting for...public viewing.” Athena frowned.“Wouldn’t she just be in dinning room where she always does homework?” Athena asked.“She’s doing it outside. She’s catching some...fresh air.” Athena shrugged and nodded. He handed her the backpack. “Put these on over your jumpsuit.” He then turned back to Blaire, whose sunglasses were fixated on the folder containing Athena’s information. “Do you know how we are getting out of here?”“Of course,” Blaire said without lifting his head from the folder. “A quick observation shows that Napoleon XIV’s security system here has many flaws. The fact those men just left us here with her is a good example. The cameras have massive blind spots as well, allowing us to easily slip out. And Ms. Fabello allows are escape to be much easier.”“How so?”“The institution no longer cares for Athena Fabello. She has good behavior, keeps to herself, and hasn’t caused any problems or had any visitors since 2006. Napoleon XIV intends to have her live the rest of her life out here.”“What problems? What visitor?” Oswald demanded, curious.“An Ernesto Fabello visited her in late 2006.” Oswald shrugged. His Space Police officer uncle didn’t matter. “Athena Fabello was extremely prone to violent episodes shortly after being institutionalized. She had to restrained and sedated multiple times over the course of the year. Does this sound familiar?”Oswald choked slightly. “That’s how she killed my brother.”“You have my pity,” Blaire said, his voice containing a small shred of sympathy. “And when they find out she is gone, they won’t go to extreme efforts to find her.”“Why not?”“Once they discover Ms. Fabello has left Napoleon, they will search the entire refuge facility in search for her while trying to keep their actual motives under wraps. When they can’t find her, they will simply state she is dead.”“Why?”“Because if they were forced to start an actual investigation, the investigative services would discover the faulty security system around her, which would lead to some bad publicity indeed. Perhaps word would even spread that other inmates had escaped thanks to the security system. Simply announcing her as dead as opposed to revealing the flaws of their facility would be preferred.”Oswald was impressed. “Have you done this before?”Blaire smirked arrogantly. “Prior to joining Paradox, I was in a line of work that was...less than noble. I participated in many dealings such as this. I learned quickly enough that if you don’t know what you’re doing, you don’t survive.”“Oz?” Athena asked, her voice filled with surprise. She had a white sweatshirt and jeans over her jumpsuit, give her a bulky appearance. It would be easy to explain away as they were in the cold tundra that was Antarctica. “Why are you here? Shouldn’t you be in school?”Oswald’s eyes narrowed. “Yes, of course. I overslept and you forgot to wake up.” His sarcastic demeanor had no effect on Athena, who simply frowned. “You should take me to school now.”“Well, obviously!” she exclaimed in a sweet tone. “Get your things and we can go. He must be the truant officer.” She gestured to Blaire. “I am so sorry, sir. It won’t happen again.”Blaire smirked, amused. “No problem, Ms. Fabello. Mr. Fabello, gather your things please.” Oswald cursed Blaire under his breath and picked up his backpack and slung it over his shoulders. As he turned, he saw the picture frame sitting on the nightstand again. Curious, he went over to it and lifted it into his hands.It was a family portrait. Against a blue background were five people. In the back was a beautiful blond-haired woman wearing a black dress and a dark-haired bespectacled man wearing a neat suit. Both grinned happily into the camera. In front of them stood two young boys, one blond haired and the other dark-haired wearing glasses, both wearing nice clothes. They smiled goofily as children without a care in the world would. In front of them was a small girl. A toddler. She had wide, excited eyes and a toothy grin on her face. She wore a simple black dress similar to the older woman and had long, messy brown hair on her head.Oswald stared at the date in the lower corner. 1996. He remembered this picture. It would only be a few short weeks before everyone in this picture’s life fell apart in one, single gunshot. He saw a hand rest on the frame. He looked at Athena, his stare trying to drill into her clearly lost mind. Athena’s own eyes were wide, a childlike look of longing on her face. And in her face, he saw Minerva. He was horrified to know Minerva had grown up to resemble her mother, only with dark hair instead of blond. Athena tugged on the frame once. Oswald let go, and Athena quickly hugged the picture to her chest.“It’s time to go, Fabellos,” Blaire said, putting his hands into his coat’s pockets. “We have things that need to be done. Preparations to be made.” Blaire chuckled as he bent down and picked his knife acting as a doorstop. He stopped the door from closing and gestured for Oswald and Athena to go first. Nodding weakly, Oswald tore one of his mother’s hands away from the picture and led her out of the room. Blaire followed close behind, shutting the door.It was easy to leave Napoleon XIV Mental Institution from there. They encountered very few people, and when they did, they passed by without even looking at the group. Blaire, Oswald, and Athena reached lobby. Blaire casually slid Athena Fabello’s folder on the floor to the front of the the receptionist’s desk, who was clearly too concentrated on her computer to notice two men kidnapping one of the institution’s inmates.From there, the group fled the refuge facilities and boarded a helicopter on a course for Dinosaur Island. As the helicopter rose into the air, Oswald grinned madly. The plan is underway. He thought as he looked at Athena Fabello, who looked around the helicopter in confusion and in surprise. Now to find Minerva.

OoC:Its my birthday!Haha, I’m glad you’re seeing Dust places. I wish I could do the same with your characters but no one aside from Atton has given me their actor picks.Also the expy is certainly Humphrey Bogart. Don’t know what movie he is from however.I was certainly surprised by Spy’s death. It’s a shame that he fell victim to mole paranoia.IC:“I don’t need a shrink.” Said Lutsky.“Oh I expect you don’t,” said Doctor Saran matter-of-factly. “But do you see that camera up there?’The psychologist pointed to a lone security camera mounted outside the wall of cell. “They expect me to spend the next hour or so sitting here.” He sat back in his chair and crossed his arms. “You don’t need to talk of course but it will certainly make us look batter if we have some sort of conversation.”Lutsky snarled. “Well then what do you suppose we talk about doc? The weather? Perhaps you’ve noticed that I don’t have window in this cell.”“Yes I have noticed,” said Saran. “How do you feel about being locked up down here?”“What do you think?” muttered Lutsky. “I was once a distinguished commander, I led these men! Now they treat me like I’m their enemy!”“Tell me about your history as a commander.” Said Saran. “I’m just curious.”“That Egyptian is who destroyed my job.” Said Lutsky. “He made the other agents think I was insane. That freak had a way of getting in a person’s head, that’s what he did to the other members of the D.A. He was playing them the whole time. I had to kill the son of a 4+.”“But I did not ask about Dust.” Said Saran. “I asked about your career. Why did you join the D.A?”“This is turning into one of your talks.” Growled Lutsky“No it’s not,” responded Dr. Saran, “It’s just a conversation. Perhaps you would like to ask me a question.”“Maybe I will.” Said Lutsky defiantly.Saran smiled and sat back in his chair. “Ask away.”The former commander considered for a moment before he finally thought of a question he considered worth asking.“What do you think about Dust?”“Do you really think me opinion of that man is important.” Asked Dr. Saran concerned. “I must admit that your fixation on the man is bordering on an obsession.”“I’m not obsessed.” Hissed Lutsky. “Now answer my question.”

Naomi walked excitedly down the hall to agent Rex’s room. She hoped to turn in the handwriting sample to an elite agent. Someone in a leadership position would know what to do with the evidence.She came to the dour of Rex’s room. The dour was ajar so the nurse allowed herself to enter without knocking.The room was similar to most rooms in the dino attack headquarters. Well rookies all slept together in a large barrack, standard agents sleep in groups of eight, elites shared a room with only three others. Rex’s room was no different. It was empty save for two vacant bunk beds and a toothbrush sitting by the sink.“Can I help you?”Naomi jumped in surprise as Amanda Claw walked into the room behind her.“Yes, I’m looking for Rex,” said Naomi innocently. “I have something I’d like him to see. You would not know where he is would you?”“I’m afraid not.” Frowned Amanda. “Last I saw he was with some of the second headquarters squad. Perhaps I could help.”Naomi considered for a moment before handing Amanda the bloodstained scrap of paper she found in the morgue.“I found this by Medic’s body.” Said Naomi. “I think the mole wrote it. I hoped Rex might be able to identify the handwriting.”Amanda said nothing as she eyed the paper.“Who ever the killer is,” smiled Naomi. “He must be getting cocky if he thinks he could get away with writing scary threats like that.”“He must be.” Said Amanda “They say a member of the 2ndHS is suspected. A lot of those guys are rather nuts if you ask me.”Naomi laughed. “You know there are people who suspect you. I think that’s somewhat ridiculous”“Yah Ridicules.” Said Amanda.“You know what you should do?” Said Naomi. “You should write something. That way you could put those rumors to rest.”The Nurse pulled out a notebook from her pocket and handed it to Amanda. “It would certainly make people less suspicious. I would hate for someone like you to get hurt over this.”“You didn’t here about last night.” Muttered Amanda.OoC:There is a fine line between bravery and Stupidity

That is all

Also the expy is certainly Humphrey Bogart. Don’t know what movie he is from however.
OOC: Wow. I honestly did not expect anyone to get that. I didn't actually intend Bogart to be a direct expy of any particular character (though if I were to credit any particular inspiration it would be his private detective characters, Sam Spade and Phillip Marlowe) so much as a Humphrey Bogart-esque individual.
Haha, I’m glad you’re seeing Dust places. I wish I could do the same with your characters but no one aside from Atton has given me their actor picks.
You haven't by any chance started seeing my characters in random films have you? Like did you start watching some James Woods movie lately and quickly spot Trigger in there?

OoC:Well I have not seen any James Woods movies nor have I seen the Thing. However I do imagine Giovanni Wade and Berry Jackson when I watch Saving Private Ryan or the Green Mile. I also often see Rotor in Robert Duvall movies. I have not seen Apocalypse now yet but since it's on my Netflex cue I intend to soon.
OOC: I'd recommend you take a look at Vampires (it is available on Netflix). Believe me when I say that you'll quickly see Trigger in James Woods' performance there.
OOC: Atton, don't forget that Wright and Shiller are sticking to Trigger like glue. You could at least mention that in your previous IC.
OOC: Unfortunately, that little detail seemed to have slipped my mind. Sorry about that. Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: Just a minor note, that guy. (As far as we know,) Amanda does not know that Rex is with the Second Headquarters Squad; she left him in the lobby to (supposedly) look for Gun.I promise, avmatoran, that I'll get to your PM as soon as possible. With the mole hunt and the Trigger/Amanda flashback being the most relevant issues at hand for me at the moment, I've been spending a lot of time focusing on getting these done. In the meantime, if you're asking my approval for something, think about what it is you are asking about and try to judge whether or not I'll see it as g-modding or going Off The Rails.And now... for part 3 of 3!IC: Just then, Amanda's PDA started beeping. She held up a finger to Naomi, telling her to wait a second, then reached into her pocket and pulled out the PDA. She pressed a button and spoke: "Standard Agent Claw.""Hi, this is Elizabeth Wilma," came the voice on the other line."Ah, yes," nodded Amanda. "Has Gun returned to the lobby and spoken to Rex yet?""I was about to ask if you had any luck finding Gun yet."Amanda frowned. "I'm afraid not. I just checked Rex's room, and there's no sign of Gun here.""Because Standard Agent Soldier just came in, grabbed Rex's wheelchair by the handlebars, and rushed him out of the lobby, all the while shouting something about gathering the Second Headquarters Squad in a 'safe room'."Amanda's eyes widened. "What?" she blinked, incredulous. Rex is with those incompetent lunatics? I better find out where he is and take care of this immediately. "Thank you," she muttered. "I'll try to find Rex immediately, and hopefully one of us can find Gun in the meantime." She pocketed the PDA and began to head out the door."Wait!" called Naomi before she could go. "The handwriting test?""Oh, yes, of course," murmured Amanda. She grabbed a slip of paper, quickly wrote something down on it, and handed it to Naomi. "Hope you can figure out who's really behind this before anyone else loses their life." Then, she exited Rex's room and sprinted down the hall.Naomi watched her go, then looked down upon the paper. What she saw seemed to drain all hope from her body:"Careful. People are capable of writing in various styles."

When Rex finally found his voice, he stammered: “Soldier! You just killed Spy!”“Dude!” Scout’s jaw dropped. “That… that was my dad!”“So much blood!” commented Heavy, staring at the corpse of the Dino Attack agent once known as Spy. “How could this happen?”Sergeant Ronald Army realized that Rex, Scout, and Heavy were all glaring at him. “What are you maggots looking at me for?” he shouted. “Spy was obviously the spy! He gave himself away! Oh, he thought he was so tricky and smart, speaking in third-person, but no one would show so much respect towards a cowardly murderer unless that cowardly murderer was himself! And then he even admitted that he could be the killer!”“‘Could’ is not a certainty!” snapped Rex. “Spy could be very innocent, and you’ll be under arrest, charged with murder!”“Unless,” Scout glared darkly at Army, “you’re the true traitor! Get’m! Beat’m to a pulp!”“Now is killer killing time!” Heavy sneered, revving up his machine gun. Ronald Army swallowed nervously as he saw a furious Heavy and Scout charge towards him.“Stop this madness now!” Rex shouted from his wheelchair, unable to physically intercept. “Soldier, you will be placed under custody. Scout, find Specs and tell him about what has happened. Heavy, you will stay here with me and Soldier until Specs arrives.”Shooting Sergeant Army one last dark glare, Scout spat on the floor and walked towards the door. Heavy sneered at Army and sat down upon the desk, his machine gun aimed at the army sergeant.“You can stop revving your gun, Heavy,” Rex said. “It’s starting to get a little obnoxious.” Heavy’s machine gun was making so much noise, in fact, Rex could faintly hear Scout shouting about something but could not make out the words.Heavy sighed in disappointment, but pulled the switch to turn off his gun. When the revving continued, Heavy’s eyes widened. “Uh, oh. Gun is not stopping!”“Here, let me help with that!” Sergeant Army already started reaching for Heavy’s weapon.Heavy pulled it back, giving Army the evil eye. “This is my veapon!” he growled. “You do not touch my gun!”Scout was still shouting something, but was incomprehensible over the sound of Heavy’s machine gun and the argument between Heavy and Army. It only became harder for Rex to make any sense of anything when Army actually laid a hand on Heavy’s gun, leading to a wrestling match over possession of the heavy weapon. Of course, neither the strong, furious soldier nor the incompetent military sergeant would listen to the attempts of a handicapped man in a wheelchair to make them settle down.One by one, things started to quiet. First, Scout stopped shouting, likely having given up on whatever message he was trying to tell the others.Then, Heavy’s machine gun stopped revving. This was followed by a triumphant laugh from Heavy, who declared, “Hah! See? I fixed my own veapon vithout any of tiny baby man’s help!”Sergeant Ronald Army lay on the floor, amidst the broken pieces of the desk, as though he had stood in the way of an elephant stampede. Covered from head to toe with bruises, he slowly and painfully picked himself up. Still, he managed to say, “You… call that… breaking every bone… in my body? You… stupid foreigners… do not-”Heavy slammed his fist into Army’s face, sending the military sergeant flying across the room. He crumpled against the far wall, where he lay mostly still. “Okay!” he wheezed. “Now… every… bone… is… broken…!”“Keep crying, baby!” laughed Heavy.Rex was aghast. Not since Kotua had he seen so many Dino Attack agents fighting one another. He could not possibly imagine how these agents had worked so well together in the Second Headquarters Squad. All that was needed was a bit of suspicion, and suddenly they turned against one another like savages.“Okay,” Rex sighed, rubbing his forehead, “now that’s over with, we all need to just calm down. Scout, what were you trying to say? Scout? Are you still there?”No reply.“Fine.” Rex glanced at Heavy, who was smiling and hugging his gun, then turned to look at Sergeant Army. “Looks like we’re going to have to get you to the medical wing as soon as possible.”Heavy smiled in Rex’s direction. “It is good day! You are here-”Rex was on the verge of explosion. “Agent Heavy! I will not condone this behavior! You will be-”Heavy’s smile vanished. “Spy!” he shouted, pointing towards Rex. “I see spy! He is killer!”“Now I’m the mole?” seethed Rex, unable to believe what he was seeing or hearing. “That’s your excuse? That’s going to be the reason why I’m next on your beat-everybody-up list?”Weakly, Sergeant Army lifted his arm, pointing at Rex. “Get down, troop! Hit the deck!”Rex blinked in surprise. Glancing over his shoulder, he saw the glint of light reflecting off a knife. Immediately, he launched himself out of his wheelchair.There came the sound of a gunshot, and Sergeant Ronald E. Army let out one last sigh and moved no more. Heavy, roaring furiously, revved up his machine gun and charged at their mysterious attacker. From his position on the floor, Rex could not see what happened, but heard Heavy bellow in pain, followed by a loud thud as the large Dino Attack agent’s body hit the floor.“No…” whispered Rex. He strained to turn over. Footsteps coming closer. Cursing his immobile legs, he pushed with his arms and twisted his body until he could face his assailant.The figure approached him with a knife. The infiltrator bent down close and pressed the edge of the blade against Rex’s neck. Frozen with shock, Rex was rendered entirely immobile, and could only stare into the eyes of his attacker and wait for his end.There came voices from far off down the hall. The killer quickly glanced in that direction, then looked back at Rex. Then, the mole chuckled softly, pocketed the knife, and pulled out a cigarette. The infiltrator lit it, then dropped it down upon the floor.The room was suddenly filled with smoke. Rex coughed violently, his eyes watering. Then, just as suddenly, the smoke cleared. His attacker was nowhere to be seen.Several Dino Attack agents rushed into the room. Rex, still in a state of shock, his eyes and throat burning from the smokescreen, could not quite make them out. The whole world was blurring. As far as he knew, all but two members of Second Headquarters Squad had been killed.But that was not the worst thing Rex had seen in the last hour. He now knew the identity of the spy, the infiltrator, the mole, the killer.Specs.Then, Rex fell into unconsciousness.OOC: Confirming via Word of God that Scout is dead; when he stopped shouting, that was an indication of his death. And now, remember that your characters are still acting only with IC information, not OOC information; with Rex unconscious, nobody knows that Specs is behind all this yet, so don't instantly march up to Specs's office and demand to arrest him. Of course, with Crusher and Pierce's operation, that might change...So, is Specs really the XERRD mole? Why did he kill most of the Second Headquarters Squad? What are his true motivations, hidden behind that mysterious balaclava of his? Or is there something else entirely behind that balaclava? Is there more to this story than I am telling you? Is nothing as it truly seems? Is this even reality? Let the Wild Mass Guessing begin!Let me just say that from the very moment that I introduced Spy and first brought up the possibility of a XERRD mole, I planned to have this three-part IC based upon "Meet the Spy". That means that every member of Second Headquarters Squad, except Pyro and Demoman, were essentially redshirts: I introduced them with the sole purpose of killing them off eventually. Still, I knew better than to make them the typical underdeveloped redshirts, and so I created the Gold City/Fort Legoredo mission so we'd have some time to get to know and love them... so their deaths could be all the more punishing and heartbreaking.

Edited by PeabodySam