LEGO TBRPG Construction & Design

Sisen

@JL You can list my place of residence at the Mariaris Tranch, because I am so down with that plan.

"Regardless of your emotional connection to your so-called 'deity,' the continued imprisonment of the entity known as Pandorym is a breach of contract.

Pandorym deserves release."

-Obligatum VII

sprpgbanner.jpg

Join the space police today.

If you hate false links, click here

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/5127 Not mine, support it so I can buy these sets.

So, can I post an Alien Conquest RPG?

You need to actually submit a written version of the RPG here for feedback and approval.

I remember someone in the "What is this place?" thread suggesting a Lego Universe RPG in the style of the BZPRPG, with multiple topics and stuff. I think something like that would have a good chance of revitalizing this forum, since might be a draw for all the hardcore RPers from COT, the BZPRPG, etc.

The LURPG would not merit having multiple topics. The BZRPG is a lot different and has a significant amount of members. To start off the RPG would be held to just one topic to let it grow, however if it needed expanded due to rapid growth that could be discussed later on.

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

Okay. Here it is:The year: 2009My character, Dr. Cyborg is the founder/president/owner of a technology company called UlTech Industries. One of his labs researching more efficient ways of communication than radio intercepted a laser comm.This message said:"Preparations almost complete.Invasion will commence soon.Be ready!"He brought this message to the leaders of the Lego World. They agreed with him that it represented a threat. They commisioned him to create a team to counter that threat. And so, the ADU was both.The ADU, or Alien Defense Unit, is a team that Dr. Cyborg heads. It has cutting-edge technology and constantly trains to be ready. It is not common knowledge, however.The year: 2012The month: DecemberThe day: the 21stINVASION! The aliens have attacked. Normally, humanity would be defenseless, but not now. In the words of one of Dr. Cyborg's best commanders, "Have no fear! ADU is here!"Join the ADU. Fight back. Defend earth.This is the story of the Alien Conquest.That's the premise. Cryomancer, if this is approved, never mind my PM.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

Alright... so should I post the work I have done on the general space rpg?

"Regardless of your emotional connection to your so-called 'deity,' the continued imprisonment of the entity known as Pandorym is a breach of contract.

Pandorym deserves release."

-Obligatum VII

sprpgbanner.jpg

Join the space police today.

If you hate false links, click here

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/5127 Not mine, support it so I can buy these sets.

Ideally, you could come up with scenarios for Space Police (and maybe Mars Mission? I don't know if there are any new Space themes, I haven't been keeping up) and synchronize it with avmatoran's Alien Conquest scenario.And thank you for that bit of feedback, Sisen. It's just as well, since I realized within hours of writing that particular post that multiple threads would just be a pain in the tail. I don't know how in Karzahni they put up with that in the BZPRPG :P

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Okay. Here it is:The year: 2009My character, Dr. Cyborg is the founder/president/owner of a technology company called UlTech Industries. One of his labs researching more efficient ways of communication than radio intercepted a laser comm.This message said:"Preparations almost complete.Invasion will commence soon.Be ready!"He brought this message to the leaders of the Lego World. They agreed with him that it represented a threat. They commisioned him to create a team to counter that threat. And so, the ADU was both.The ADU, or Alien Defense Unit, is a team that Dr. Cyborg heads. It has cutting-edge technology and constantly trains to be ready. It is not common knowledge, however.The year: 2012The month: DecemberThe day: the 21stINVASION! The aliens have attacked. Normally, humanity would be defenseless, but not now. In the words of one of Dr. Cyborg's best commanders, "Have no fear! ADU is here!"Join the ADU. Fight back. Defend earth.This is the story of the Alien Conquest.That's the premise. Cryomancer, if this is approved, never mind my PM.

In general you do need rules, a character sheet, etc. The premise looks good, just add in the other necessary bits.You also might want to consider what exactly characters are playing as. Say I was signing up right now... I have no indication of my character options such as class, rank, species, so on and so forth. Can you play as aliens? Can you play as ADU? If so, what type of status or rank?Keep it simple, but just flesh things out a teensy wee bit more. :)

And thank you for that bit of feedback, Sisen. It's just as well, since I realized within hours of writing that particular post that multiple threads would just be a pain in the tail. I don't know how in Karzahni they put up with that in the BZPRPG :P

The BZPRPG is so vast... think of it as an entity with thousands of hands, whereas this RPG forum has a very small fraction of that. If there were not multiple threads in the BZPRPG it would be as crazy as Karzahni, because no one would have any idea what was happening.

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

I understand its vastness and the resulting need for multiple threads. The sentiment I was trying to express was incomprehension that players would be expected to keep up with all of those concurrent topics. It seems a bit like a bloated octopus of an RPG from my perspective.EDIT: I don't doubt that it works, either. It just sounds like a pain.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

I am busy typing up the rules and characters, etc. for the Alien Conquest RPG. Just be patient with me. I'm almost done.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

I have made the entire first post for the Alien Conquest RPG. Please read and review. Here it is:

The year: 2009Dr. Cyborg is the founder/president/owner of a technology company called UlTech Industries. One of his labs researching more efficient ways of communication than radio intercepted a laser comm.This message said:"Preparations almost complete.Invasion will commence soon.Be ready!"He brought this message to the leaders of the Lego World. They agreed with him that it represented a threat. They commissioned him to create a team to counter that threat. And so, the ADU was both.The ADU, or Alien Defense Unit, is a team that Dr. Cyborg heads. It has cutting-edge technology and constantly trains to be ready. It is not common knowledge, however.The year: 2012The month: DecemberThe day: the 21stINVASION! The aliens have attacked. Normally, humanity would be defenseless, but not now. In the words of one of Dr. Cyborg's best commanders, "Have no fear! ADU is here!"This is the story of the Alien Conquest.Who will win? That is where you, the player, comes in. Create a character. Join a side. Fight. Win!-------------The rules below are pretty much copied from the Dino Attack RPG. As such, I am giving credit for making them to PeabodySam.RULESRules are important to the survival of this RPG. Breaking them will result in penalties depending on which rule and how severely it was broken.1. All BZP rules are in effect here. This means no spamming, no flaming, etc.2. Use "IC" when In Character (describing what your character is doing in-universe) and "OOC" when Out Of Character (to talk and discuss with other BZP members). This way, it is less confusing for other members to read your posts. For example:"OOC: I bought a Earth Defense HQ on eBay yesterday!IC: Jerry spun around in his Alien Defender. He dodged the Tripod Invader, and began to plan a solution to defeat the monstrous walker."3. Keep violent descriptions down to minimal. Instead of typing "IC: BAMBAMBAMBAM! He shot his machine gun at the Alien Trooper just for fun, and laughed as he saw its guts spill out onto the street!", write "IC: He fired his weapon at the Alien Trooper, whose life came to an abrupt end."4. Do not kill other players' characters without their consent.5. If you are planning to leave this RPG, please let us know in advance so we may take your profile down from the wiki. If you're only going on break, tell us so that I do not take down your profile.6. Rookie Agents are limited to the Steel Sprinter, and Standard Agents are limited to Starter Vehicles. Unless my consent is given, they may not use any other vehicle.GUIDELINESGuidelines are like the rules. However, breaking of the guidelines only results in a warning.1. Instead of adding more PMs to our inbox, if you've got something you want to tell me about this RPG, do so in your post. That’s why the "OOC" part of the post exists.2. Do not kill official LEGO Characters. It's alright if you kill your own made-up characters, but if Pepper Roni or Captain Redbeard dies, I'm going to ask you to change your post.3. Please know that at times I can be extremely busy and cannot always attend this RPG. This means that we may not add your character's profile to the wiki as soon as you post it. If we have not added your character's profile, do not, repeat, DO NOT hassle us or PM us to get it added. Patience is a virtue, you know, and although I admit that I lack patience, I hope you have some instead. Be considerate.4. Do not PM your profile to me. Post it here instead.5. If possible, make your posts medium-length. Epics are not required for each post, but posts with one or two in-character sentences don't add much to the RPG. This RPG tries to see how well you and other members can interact and take control of the story; while this can be achieved through short posts, it take far less time with medium-length posts.6. Keep interaction with other LEGO themes down to minimal. It's alright if your character has a conversation with Pepper Roni and Captain Redbeard, but if scores of Space Police begin to show up, it would get ridiculous.7. No G-Modding. If your character leaps across a fifty-mile canyon, or defeats two hundred Motherships single-handedly without breaking a sweat, that's G-Modding. Don't do it. It makes the RPG less challenging.7a. There appears to be a bit of confusion over the term 'G-Modding'. In this context, 'G-Modding' refers to giving your character ridiculous abilities. Apparently, another definition of 'G-Modding' is controlling other people's characters. The former is what's not allowed, but the latter is allowed in this RPG.---------------Alien Defense UnitRanksThere are three ranks. When you first join, you will be at Rookie Defender rank. After ten good-size posts, you will become a Standard Defender. You will have access to most vehicles. Some Standard Defenders will have sub-ranks, like Commander, Captain, Pilot. If you do much to defend Earth, I will decide to upgrade you to Elite Defender. You will have access to the Earth Defense HQ and the Jet-Copter. The main perk of Eliteship is being able to use these vehicles. VehiclesThere are five vehicles. They are:1. The Jetpack: This is a personal flight pack. Rookie Defenders can only use this.2. The Alien Defender: This is a one-man buggy with two missiles and two guns.3. The Alien Interceptor: This jet is commonly docked with an Earth Defense HQ.4. The Jet-Copter: This helicopter with jet boosts is only available to the Elite Defenders.5. The Earth Defense HQ: These mobile command centers are also only available to Elite Defenders.ProfessionsWhen you sign up, you can say what profession you would like to be. You can be a scientist, who researches alien biology and weaponry. You can be a pilot, who pilots Interceptors and Jet-Copters. You can be a scout, who locates enemy strongholds with a Jetpack. You can also be a common infantry trooper, with no specialization.Sign-up FormIf all this appeals to you, and you want to defend the Earth, use this sign up form:Name:Age:Skills:Profession:Backstory:Alien InvadersRanksSame as for the ADU. When you join, you will be a Rookie Invader. After ten good-size posts, you will become a Standard Invader. You will have access to most vehicles. Some Standard Invaders will have sub-ranks, like Commander, Captain, Pilot. If you do much to invade Earth, I will decide to upgrade you to Elite Invader. You will have access to the Alien Mothership and the Large UFO. The main perk of Eliteship is being able to use these vehicles.VehiclesThere are five vehicles, and two extra variants:1. The Small Hoverscout - This is the only vehicle Rookie Invaders can use. A. The Small Hoverscout comes in a larger variant, inventively named the Large Hoverscout.2. The Dualsled - This unit requires two pilots in its combined form, but has double the speed and firepower.3. The Tripod Invader - This three-legged walker is the most common Alien assault craft. The cockpit can detach and fly off.4. The Small UFO - This small disc-shaped craft is common knowledge among humans, for it was used to scout out this planet for years.A. The Large UFO - This larger variant has more speed, firepower, and agility, but it is only available to Elite Invaders.5. The Alien Mothership - This is used only by Elite Invaders, but it has the most firepower of any of the invasion craft.CastesWhen you sign up, you can say what caste you desire to be in. You can be an Alien Trooper, who is used as cannon fodder. You can be an Alien Pilot, with the fastest reflexes this side of the Andromeda galaxy. You can be an Alien Android, with a computer-enhanced brain. If you want, you can even be a Clinger! (Though I don’t recommend it!) You may not be an Alien Commander, that is taken, for there is only one Commander, and he is Hypaxxus-8!Sign-up FormIf all this appeals to you, and you are feeling evil and zombie-like (brainpower!) you may use this sign up form.Name:Age:Skills:Caste:Backstory: That’s it. Those are the rules. Join the RPG. See you there, and may the best Sentient Life win! Hence comes the Alien Conquest.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

• 2 weeks later...

I have an idea for an RPG that encompasses the Alpha Team and Agents themes. In the RPG, they are combined into what I call the Minifig Defense Force. I would like some feedback as this is my first RPG.

Lego RPG: Minifig Defense ForceBackstory: Context is important.Greetings soldier. Your superiors said that you showed promise enough to be promoted to the Minifig Defence Force. As you know, we are at war. A secret war; one hidden from the public eye, because it will not concern them until it is too late. We fight against the organization COEV, which stands for Coalition Of Evil Villains. Led by Evil Ogel and the maniacal Dr. Inferno, they seek nothing less than destruction, chaos, and control of the entire planet. Our job is to prevent that from happening.Rules: The serious stuff.1. BZPower rules. Abide by them here as well.2. Use the abbreviations “IC” and “OOC,” which mean In Character and Out Of Character to designate what you mean with your post. Ex: IC: Bob heard the siren and ran to the hanger to grab his vehicle. OOC: Anybody want to team up for this mission?3. Keep violence to a minimum. You can kill stuff, but don't violently dismember it.4. On the flip side, I want to keep this as realistic as LEGO can get. For example, if a minifig loses an arm, they lose an arm. They can't just pop a new one back on.5. Do not kill characters that belong to other players.6. If you want to tell me a suggestion about this RPG, tell me in the OOC part of your post.7. However, if what you are suggesting is better if kept as a secret, feel free to PM me.8. Don't kill official LEGO characters. If you need to express violent tendencies, kill a nameless COEV agent in an enemy base.9. Post your profile in the topic.10. Give your posts some substance. You don't have to have a whole short story in one post, but please don't just post one sentence at a time.11. Keep it somewhat realistic when it comes to interacting with different LEGO themes. For instance, your character might talk to the Brickster from Lego Island, but not the ninjas from Ninjago.12. No “G-Modding” or God-Modding. You probably shouldn't jump across a giant canyon or go and kill the mastermind of the entire plot against the world.13. There is another definition of G-modding floating out there that means being able to control other player's characters. You can do that here, just don't make them act out of character.Your Path: What will you do?You have undergone training significantly harder than when you joined, say, the police force, or the military. Now you must choose which branch of the minifig defense force you want to enter:Alpha TeamThe Alpha Team specializes in getting in, completing the objective, and getting out without getting caught, which doesn't mean that they can't handle themselves if they get caught. In fact, they excel at getting out of those situations. Alpha Team agents usually focus on using planes and helicopters rather than ground vehicles, though this is not always the case.Ranks:Novice Agent: All Alpha Team players start as a novice agent. You have access to some of the resources of the Alpha Team. After ten good (to be determined by me) IC posts, your character will be promoted to...Agent: An agent is the standard rank in the Alpha Team. You have access to the majority of resources available to agents. If you prove yourself loyal and devoted, (both to the Alpha Team and the RPG) you will be promoted to...Special Agent: The highest attainable rank in the Alpha Team, a commander can access anything he needs in order to fight the agents of COEV.Commander: This rank is only held by the agent in command of the Alpha TeamVehicles:Alpha Team Helicopter: The standard vehicle issued to novice agents, this chopper can be very useful to both regular and special agents for its stealth capabilities. Novice agents are restricted to this vehicle.IC-2 Helicopter: This vehicle is available to regular Agents, and though it is less stealthy than the standard chopper, it compensates with increased firepower.Navigator: A fairly small underwater scout craft, the navigator is used to nimbly pinpoint COEV's underwater bases. It is available to regular agents.Command Patrol Submarine: Available only to special agents, this large underwater craft will lead the charge in any marine skirmish.Blue Eagle: A fast and manoeuvrable jet, the Blue Eagle is only accessible to special agents, and can be used as both the front line of any dogfight, or a reconnaissance plane.Mobile Command Center: The ultimate in Alpha Team technology, the mobile command center is used to transport agents in and out of trouble spots. It is restricted to Special Agents.Agents Defence OrganizationThe ADO, or just the Agents, are the more overt branch of the Minifig Defence Force. They work at keeping COEV agents back when their missions could possibly fall into the public eye. ADO operatives generally focus on using land vehicles rather than planes or helicopters, though this is not always the case.Ranks:Lieutenant: All ADO players begin as a Lieutenant. You have access to some resources of the ADO. After ten good (to be determined by me) IC posts, your character will be promoted to...Captain: The standard rank in the ADO. You have access to the majority of resources available to the ADO. If you prove yourself loyal and devoted, (both to the ADO and the RPG) you will be promoted to...Colonel: The highest attainable rank in the ADO, a Colonel can access anything he needs in order to fight the agents of COEV.General: This rank is held only by the agent in command of the Agents Defence OrganizationVehicles:Motorbike: A fast high-tech motorcycle is the vehicle available initially to Lieutenants. It has minimal weaponry but is useful as a scout vehicle.4-Wheeled Truck: This jeep-like vehicle is able to go over rough terrain and is equipped with anti vehicle missiles. It is available to Captains.Speedboat: This specialized watercraft is useful for any type of aquatic mission and is available to Captains.Turbocar: An extremely fast supercar prototype, the turbocar is equipped with many top-secret weapons, and is available only to Colonels.Agents Command Truck (Mobile Command Center): The mobile headquarters for ADO operatives, it is outfitted with many tools and weapons. It can only be used by Colonels.Aerial Defence Unit: The only aerial vehicle available to members of the ADO, the Aerial Defence Unit is a flying tank, and is suited to almost any mission. It is available only to Colonels.Objectives: What you need to do.placeholder textThe Database: Find everyone here.placeholder textYour Profile: Where do I sign?If you want to sign up for this RPG, please fill out this form and post it in this topic.Name (What your character's name is):Age (Keep this realistic. Ages below 21 won't be accepted):Skills (What can your character do that separates him/her from the crowd):Vehicle (Your choice, awarded after being promoted to standard rank):Personality (What's your character like):Background (What's happened in your character's past):That's it for the rules, so have fun!

I like the idea of Alpha Team and the Agents working together the way you described it -- with Agents being more public and Alpha Team completely under the radar, as opposed to the two groups trying to do the same thing, as in the DARPG and the last Alpha Team RPG.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Would a Hero Factory RPG be possible? I have some preliminary ideas, and would be willing to work with one-two other members to host it if it would be allowed.-ibrow

If your TBRPG existed on the old site and now resides in the archive, you must submit the game for review before officially posting it.

Well, I guess you are now. Otherwise, I would say it is allowed, seeing as there is no specific rule against it.I had some "preliminary ideas" myself and contacted the guy who posted the RPG on the old forums. He told me that he has no plans to bring it back. The old RPG is rather simplistic, not very conductive to action, battles, etc, and it wasn't very good as a result. If need be, I would be willing to work with you. :) Edited by fishers64

Guess it won't hurt to try working on it while I'm away. Set up the basic storyline. -ibrow

Guess it won't hurt to try working on it while I'm away. Set up the basic storyline. -ibrow

I'd be willing to work with you on that - here's an idea that's been floating around in my head:

Hero Factory: We Build HeroesThis is the Hero Factory, where the bravest and most advanced Heroes in the galaxy are built and customized with unique weapons and technology for any mission, no matter where it takes them. Whenever a wretched villain strikes, the most powerful force against evil is ready. Hero Factory: We build heroes.OOC: Welcome to We Build Heroes, a LEGO text-based role playing game set in the Hero Factory universe. In this game, you take on the role of either a Hero, a robotic paragon of justice built for crime fighting, or a dastardly villain intent on wreaking havoc throughout the galaxy. I'm Xalen, and I'll be your Game Moderator (GM for short) today. In order to play We Build Heroes, please peruse the rules and regulations below and then fill out the sign up sheet and post it in this topic. Thank you!Rules & Regulations

1. Please follow all BZPower rules and guidelines while playing We Build Heroes2. For maximum clarity in your posts, please clearly label In Character and Out of Character knowledge with the abbreviation IC or OOC. In Character means that you are taking on the role of your character and describing his/her actions, thoughts, and speech, Out of Character means you are posting as you, a human LEGO fan browsing the internet.3. Please keep OOCO (Out of Character Only) posts to a minimum, as they clutter the thread.4. Due to BZPowers status as a family friendly site, please keep any and all content you post appropriate for all audiences. Thus, brutal evisceration or graphic coitus (if robots even do that :P) is a MAJOR no-no.5. No godmodding, metagaming, bunnying, or tennising.Godmodding: Making your character perform impossible feats, such as cuffing a villain on the first throw.Metagaming: Using OOC knowledge in the game. (i.e. if you read a pair of villains having a private conversation detailing every facet of their next scheme for galaxy domination while your Hero is currently at the Factory, you may not have him go report the villains. In layman's terms, keep IC and OOC knowledge seperate.)Bunnying: Taking control of another player's character and dictating their actions without permission.Tennising: Repeated back-and-forth posts between just two players. It makes it harder for others to jump in.6. Do not kill other player's characters or important NPCs without permission. If you're not sure whether or not an NPC counts as important, feel free to shoot me a PM.7. Most important of all, have fun!

For Heroes:Gears whir and sparks fly as tiny mechanical arms dart about the titanic Assembly Tower, removing most of your armor and gear as you slowly rise up the vertical shaft on a mag-lev platform. Your mission managers voice begins to echo over the speakers when you hit the halfway point, and the arms stop stripping you of tech and begin adding on new armor and weaponry designed for your latest mission. As you reach the pinnacle of the tower, energy rushes through your circuits as you receive the customary pre-mission Core charge. Daylight begins to filter into the cavernous space as the ceiling opens up and the platform slides into place at the top of the Hero Factory. As you step onto the roof, your teams mission manager hands you a pair of the latest Hero Cuffs, and you're ushered into a Hero /pod on the rooftop landing bay with the words "Catch 'Em and Cuff 'Em ringing in your ears.Name: (What is your Hero's name?)Gender: (Male or female?)Appearance: (What does your Hero look like? A 1 paragraph or greater description. A picture is worth a thousand words, so a snapshot of a Hero MoC works just as well.)Personality: (A brief description of what your hero is like.)Background: (Your hero's backstory. Can be as simple as 'built yesterday for the Breakout mission' to a novel length epic summarizing your past accomplishments. 1-2 paragraphs recommended, though.)Equipment: (What has your Hero been equipped with, besides the standard issue Hero Cuffs? Describe armor and weaponry here.)Skillset: (What your Hero excels at, as well as areas they're lacking in. No perfect characters, please - include flaws!)Other: (Anything else you want to let me know.)For Villains:"Voltix! What took you so long?" "Now the party can start!" Taunts and jeers fill the air as a purple-clad being is ushered into Villain Storage by a pair of Heroes, the hotshot Furno and a newer model you don't recognize. You toss in a sarcastic welcome of your own to keep up appearances. It wouldn't dot to let the goody-two-shoes down there know something was off. As Voltix's cell is lifted into the air, the two Heroes give the ominous staff at the far end of the room a glance and had a short conversation that you can't make out. Voltix apparently could, as his voice booms out across the cavernous space. "Von Nebula's Black Hole Staff? That's funny. It gives me HOPE!" The last word was a shout, as electricity surged along the wires running around the lilac evildoer and a shadowy silhouette emerged from the currents, gliding toward the staff. Your twisted visage forms a smile, all was going according to plan. As as the roof of the containment unit explodes, allowing a huge portal to open up, the lasers barring you off from the outside disappear. You almost can't believe it, after how long you've been cooped up in your cell. Disbelief turns into glee as you jump onto the floor, and your weaponry whirs to life as you exit the power-dampening field of your cell and make a run for the portal. Ah, freedom at last.Name:Gender:Appearance:Personality:Background: (What're you in for? Describe your past life and how you ended up in Villain Storage)Weaponry: (Describe your arsenal of evil instruments)Skillset:Plots and Schemes: (When you received Black Phantom's transmission informing you of the breakout, he told you to begin planning a scheme for as soon as you got out. Not one to miss out on an opportunity for some good old fashioned villainy, you complied. Describe the basics of your scheme here.)

Hero Log: (List of all Heroes)1. XXXX (played by YYYY)Current mission: Tracking ZZZZRogue's Gallery: (List of all villains)WANTED: XXXX (played by YYYY)Being tracked by ZZZZThank you for reading!~Xalen: SSoP

This is the Hero Factory, where the bravest and most advanced Heroes in the galaxy are built and customized with unique weapons and technology for any mission, no matter where it takes them. Whenever a wretched villain strikes, the most powerful force against evil is ready. Hero Factory: We build heroes.[/font]

Well, that's a start, but you're gonna need some kind of overarching plot.

Game Moderator (GM for short)[/font]

Not that it's important, but GM usually stands for Game Master. Nitpicking, sorry.

3. Please keep OOCO (Out of Character Only) posts to a minimum, as they clutter the thread.[/font]

Seeing as there's only one topic for LRPGs, OOC posts will be necessary for discussion of the game. It clutters the thread more to have something like this.Looking at your character profile sheets, it looks like you're basing this specifically on the Breakout arc. (*doesn't follow HF story but tries to sound cool*) Personally, I'd be more interested in an original story. If you really want to go for the Breakout thing, you should allow room for player-driven story arcs. Instead of assigning heroes only to catch one specific villain after another, let them explore their own ideas. Instead of restricting villains to having just broken out of prison, let them create their own background and their own evil plots.So yeah. It's a good start, but it could use some work. This could be a great RPG if done right, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.Also, I call dibs on a Castle RPG. I've got some stuff in the works currently, but I'm waiting 'til I get the story intro fully written before I post anything.

Q2TtLEz.png

This is the Hero Factory, where the bravest and most advanced Heroes in the galaxy are built and customized with unique weapons and technology for any mission, no matter where it takes them. Whenever a wretched villain strikes, the most powerful force against evil is ready. Hero Factory: We build heroes.[/font]

Well, that's a start, but you're gonna need some kind of overarching plot.That's just the introduction to all the TV episodes, which I'm using for effect.

Game Moderator (GM for short)[/font]

Not that it's important, but GM usually stands for Game Master. Nitpicking, sorry.Ah, where I come from, it stands for Game Moderator.

3. Please keep OOCO (Out of Character Only) posts to a minimum, as they clutter the thread.[/font]

Seeing as there's only one topic for LRPGs, OOC posts will be necessary for discussion of the game. It clutters the thread more to have something like this.Again, my RPing background discourages OOCO posts, but if that's different here, that's a-ok with me. :)Looking at your character profile sheets, it looks like you're basing this specifically on the Breakout arc. (*doesn't follow HF story but tries to sound cool*) Personally, I'd be more interested in an original story. If you really want to go for the Breakout thing, you should allow room for player-driven story arcs. Instead of assigning heroes only to catch one specific villain after another, let them explore their own ideas. Instead of restricting villains to having just broken out of prison, let them create their own background and their own evil plots.I'm using the Breakout Arc as a sort of "introduction", after which and during character-driven plots and other stuff should become more accessible. Villains and heroes working together on missions is fine with me, I don't mean to limit the entire RP to just having each Hero chasing after a single villain. And even if it is mostly solo missions at first, there's always the comm link for discussion between characters who aren't in the same place. :)So yeah. It's a good start, but it could use some work. This could be a great RPG if done right, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.Also, I call dibs on a Castle RPG. I've got some stuff in the works currently, but I'm waiting 'til I get the story intro fully written before I post anything.
Thanks for the input, it will definitely be considered! In case you couldn't tell, my comments are in bold.

Well, since we're throwing out ideas on the HF RPG, here is what I had in mind as suggestions go (as for plot, anyway).* * *Feel free to wander around Makuhero city. You may continue your former conversations from the old forum. You may challenge the other poster’s villains, or other canon villains. In addition, in view of all the locations that Hero Factory has added recently, all heroes and villains are allowed to have their own custom Hero (or villain) Ships.1) You can travel to other places in your ships, such as:

a. Quatros

b. Z’Chaya

c. Sigma Sigma Satelite

d. Hive Planet

e. Planet Scylla

f. And more – PM me if you want to add a new location. All new locations must have a name and rudimentary description. However, I encourage you to work with the locations at hand first – we don’t want this to get too complicated. I reserve the right to reject a new location if it is not necessary.

2) Intership and innership battles are allowed while characters are traveling between planets. With the character’s permission, Heroes may ride with other Heroes or borrow each other’s ships. (Ships have up to a three Hero capacity)3) Battles must include at least one non-canon character. We don’t want to just reenact Hero Factory Breakout, people. 4) Heroes whose ships are badly damaged have emergency hero pods to evacuate their ships.5) Canon characters are allowed to be played; former assignments to a character will be honored if the former claimee reappears in this thread playing that character within two weeks of this topic’s beginning or PMs me with a statement of intent to resume playing that canon character. Otherwise, first come, first served.6) In the gameplay of canon villains, all must start on their home planet.Please follow the Lego RPG rules.

Well, since we're throwing out ideas on the HF RPG, here is what I had in mind as suggestions go (as for plot, anyway).* * *Feel free to wander around Makuhero city. You may continue your former conversations from the old forum. You may challenge the other poster’s villains, or other canon villains. In addition, in view of all the locations that Hero Factory has added recently, all heroes and villains are allowed to have their own custom Hero (or villain) Ships.1) You can travel to other places in your ships, such as:

a. Quatros

b. Z’Chaya

c. Sigma Sigma Satelite

d. Hive Planet

e. Planet Scylla

f. And more – PM me if you want to add a new location. All new locations must have a name and rudimentary description. However, I encourage you to work with the locations at hand first – we don’t want this to get too complicated. I reserve the right to reject a new location if it is not necessary.

2) Intership and innership battles are allowed while characters are traveling between planets. With the character’s permission, Heroes may ride with other Heroes or borrow each other’s ships. (Ships have up to a three Hero capacity)3) Battles must include at least one non-canon character. We don’t want to just reenact Hero Factory Breakout, people.4) Heroes whose ships are badly damaged have emergency hero pods to evacuate their ships.5) Canon characters are allowed to be played; former assignments to a character will be honored if the former claimee reappears in this thread playing that character within two weeks of this topic’s beginning or PMs me with a statement of intent to resume playing that canon character. Otherwise, first come, first served.6) In the gameplay of canon villains, all must start on their home planet.Please follow the Lego RPG rules.
Nice ideas! I think a 4 hero limit would be better, as Furno, Stormer, Evo, and Surge all take a ship back to Makuhero in Breakout Part 2. I'd personally prefer it if canon characters remained as NPCs, though.

a. Quatros

b. Z’Chaya

c. Sigma Sigma Satelite

d. Hive Planet

e. Planet Scylla

2) Intership and innership battles are allowed while characters are traveling between planets. With the character’s permission, Heroes may ride with other Heroes or borrow each other’s ships. (Ships have up to a three Hero capacity)3) Battles must include at least one non-canon character. We don’t want to just reenact Hero Factory Breakout, people.4) Heroes whose ships are badly damaged have emergency hero pods to evacuate their ships.5) Canon characters are allowed to be played; former assignments to a character will be honored if the former claimee reappears in this thread playing that character within two weeks of this topic’s beginning or PMs me with a statement of intent to resume playing that canon character. Otherwise, first come, first served.6) In the gameplay of canon villains, all must start on their home planet.Please follow the Lego RPG rules.
Nice ideas! I think a 4 hero limit would be better, as Furno, Stormer, Evo, and Surge all take a ship back to Makuhero in Breakout Part 2. I'd personally prefer it if canon characters remained as NPCs, though.
Yeah, that makes more sense. I'm just kind of basing that off the old RPG, but that one was a failure, so yeah.The ship idea was my own, however - I think an RPG should take advantage of the new locations and drama of intergalactic transport. Anyway, what's needed is to merge your framework with this (if that's what you want) and get ibrow back in the loop.

Yes,please bring me back into the loop here. xD I haven't quite written my ideas out yet, but wait until I've returned from Disney and I'll write them up and post them here, that way every can pick out what they like best from each. Just as a word of warning though, I'm planning to make mine more dark, gritty, and storyline centric. :P-ibrow

Yes,please bring me back into the loop here. xD I haven't quite written my ideas out yet, but wait until I've returned from Disney and I'll write them up and post them here, that way every can pick out what they like best from each. Just as a word of warning though, I'm planning to make mine more dark, gritty, and storyline centric. :P-ibrow

Dark, gritty, and storyline centric is good! Personally I'd prefer a darker and more plot driven HF, but obviously the rules of this forum clearly state that this has gotta be family friendly... Doesn't mean we can't push the upper limits on the gritty side, though, and there's nothing against complex storylines in the rules!

Alright, I pretty much have what would be the opening tory post done, and I'm just having it proof-read; since I'm of the opinion that setting a story for the players up is important to set up before say, character profiles, I'll post it as soon as possible so you can all give your opinions on it.-ibrow

Alright, I pretty much have what would be the opening tory post done, and I'm just having it proof-read; since I'm of the opinion that setting a story for the players up is important to set up before say, character profiles, I'll post it as soon as possible so you can all give your opinions on it.-ibrow

Great! I look forward to seeing it, as Balta said, my plot starts directly from the show so a more custom plot may be better appreciated by members. :)

Here's mine so far:HERO FACTORYThe area was a massive, offsite storage and jailing facility. A facility so large that when consulted, even Mr. Makuro had been unable to tell how far down it went. The cause was a disturbance several weeks previous, a disturbance the heroes had been unable to gather any information about, aside from the fact that an area of up to fifty feet away from the facility in every direction had turned pitch black. As well as the fact that immediately afterward all communications ceased on the facility’s side.So William Furno, Dunkan Bulk, and Jimi Stringer had been dispatched to deal with the issue. What they found upon entering the building was nothing. There were no workers keeping the prisoners in, nor were there any prisoners trying to break out. A search of the three upper floors revealed the same result, leaving them with only one option: to travel beneath the surface. Before all three vanished without a trace like everyone else within the facility, Jimi Stringer did manage to send a message that contained words that should have never been linked with a Hero Factory facility...“Somethin’ hunting us... Bulk gone, Furno unconscious. Dunno how long we’re gonna last here... somethin’ in the walls... there were guns... meteor blasters... a giant axe... other stuff. It feels like... nothing I’ve ever seen. It’s... there’s nothing safe here... every step could... send us into the abyss... oh no... no, it’s back... gotta go, gotta-”Hero Factory has poked and prodded within the top five levels (four of which are above ground) several times since, but as of yet no evidence of any value has been found. However, the legendary Preston Stormer has been assigned to lead the next search team, and he has been authorized to bring five other heroes with him.This is where you come in. As a rookie of Hero Factory, you have been deemed as disposable enough to risk being sent on this mission. Should you wish to join, you may be one of the first since Furno’s lost team to experience the horrors of the Offsite Storage Facility. Should you decide that accompanying Stormer is not something you wish to attempt at this time, there are still plenty of villains that need re-capturing since the breakout, and many more villains that have never been caught at all.This is where you begin.The Story in Short:After the breakout set off by Voltix, Hero Factory had the massive Offsite Storage Facility (OSF) built as a safety measure to hold the worst villains during any similar strikes in the future. However, several weeks previously a blackout occurred, covering a large area around the facility. All communications with the facility fell silent, and three heroes were dispatched to investigate- none have returned.Now Hero Factory is preparing a new wave of heroes known as the “X” series, created to be even tougher and more powerful than the 2.0 build. Five of these new heroes are to be dispatched along with Preston Stormer to investigate the disappearances of the three heroes and the cause of the OSF blackout- meanwhile for the rest of the new heroes sightings of villains all over the galaxy are increasing with great speed, and some of the older heroes have begun to suspect that the higher ups of Hero Factory have been covering up more breakouts – it will be up to you to discover if these suspicions are true.

Do you mean factions, or character ranks?EDIT: Because it'll have both of those. You will be able to play as any faction of the Nexus Force, and we're adapting the ranks from the MMO to work in a text-based form.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Here's mine so far:HERO FACTORYThe area was a massive, offsite storage and jailing facility. A facility so large that when consulted, even Mr. Makuro had been unable to tell how far down it went. The cause was a disturbance several weeks previous, a disturbance the heroes had been unable to gather any information about, aside from the fact that an area of up to fifty feet away from the facility in every direction had turned pitch black. As well as the fact that immediately afterward all communications ceased on the facility’s side.So William Furno, Dunkan Bulk, and Jimi Stringer had been dispatched to deal with the issue. What they found upon entering the building was nothing. There were no workers keeping the prisoners in, nor were there any prisoners trying to break out. A search of the three upper floors revealed the same result, leaving them with only one option: to travel beneath the surface. Before all three vanished without a trace like everyone else within the facility, Jimi Stringer did manage to send a message that contained words that should have never been linked with a Hero Factory facility...“Somethin’ hunting us... Bulk gone, Furno unconscious. Dunno how long we’re gonna last here... somethin’ in the walls... there were guns... meteor blasters... a giant axe... other stuff. It feels like... nothing I’ve ever seen. It’s... there’s nothing safe here... every step could... send us into the abyss... oh no... no, it’s back... gotta go, gotta-”Hero Factory has poked and prodded within the top five levels (four of which are above ground) several times since, but as of yet no evidence of any value has been found. However, the legendary Preston Stormer has been assigned to lead the next search team, and he has been authorized to bring five other heroes with him.This is where you come in. As a rookie of Hero Factory, you have been deemed as disposable enough to risk being sent on this mission. Should you wish to join, you may be one of the first since Furno’s lost team to experience the horrors of the Offsite Storage Facility. Should you decide that accompanying Stormer is not something you wish to attempt at this time, there are still plenty of villains that need re-capturing since the breakout, and many more villains that have never been caught at all.This is where you begin.The Story in Short:After the breakout set off by Voltix, Hero Factory had the massive Offsite Storage Facility (OSF) built as a safety measure to hold the worst villains during any similar strikes in the future. However, several weeks previously a blackout occurred, covering a large area around the facility. All communications with the facility fell silent, and three heroes were dispatched to investigate- none have returned.Now Hero Factory is preparing a new wave of heroes known as the “X” series, created to be even tougher and more powerful than the 2.0 build. Five of these new heroes are to be dispatched along with Preston Stormer to investigate the disappearances of the three heroes and the cause of the OSF blackout- meanwhile for the rest of the new heroes sightings of villains all over the galaxy are increasing with great speed, and some of the older heroes have begun to suspect that the higher ups of Hero Factory have been covering up more breakouts – it will be up to you to discover if these suspicions are true.

I love it! It would tie in perfectly with my Breakout-centric story, and we could use the same rules and SU sheets with only minor modifications (whether your Hero is investigating the OSF or hunting down escapees for heroes, and whether you've recently broken out or were in the OSF for villains.) Care to PM me some storyline details so we can get everything worked out and then (once Sisen gives us the A-OK) posted? :)