LEGO TBRPG Construction & Design

Sisen

...Which hopefully will be annnny day now...One thing we should also think about is how to advertise these things. All three of these upcoming RPGs could probably draw in crowds from the rest of the site, except almost nobody pays attention to us over here. :P Does anyone know how to make really good banners?

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

...Which hopefully will be annnny day now...One thing we should also think about is how to advertise these things. All three of these upcoming RPGs could probably draw in crowds from the rest of the site, except almost nobody pays attention to us over here. :P Does anyone know how to make really good banners?
There are main-page news articles for the Bionicle RPG contests, right? (Or at least there were, once upon a time).Perhaps the creation of new LGD RPGs could be submitted as news.
current_events_sigbanner.png

There's a thought...perhaps if we hold off until all three are up and running; they might not publish a story on one single RPG, but three at once, well...Incidentally, Canis, might we have a look at what precisely you've worked out? My curiosity is growing.

Edited by Jacks

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Okay, here is what I have done so far:

The Ninjago RPG

Excerpts from Jay’s Journal

Nearly a year after the defeat of the Overlord:

The strangest thing happened today. I was in Ninjago City buying some final supplies for the academy when the sky grew dark. A whirlpool formed in the clouds, focused around the tallest building in the city. Then, from the center of the whirlpool came a bright purple orb. As I looked at it, it appeared there were five shapes in it. The orb flew off, and the skies brightened.

A few days after the last entry:

Today, The Academy of the Ninja opened, on the same grounds the Monastery once stood. Everyone was there, and many students applied immediately. The five of us ninja will be busy over the next few days.

One month after the opening of The Academy of the Ninja:

So much has happened in the last few days. We know who the five figures I saw in the orb are. They are evil versions of us five ninja: Lloyd, Kai, Cole, Zane and me. The evil Lloyd, (who calls himself Lord Garmadon) stole Darreth’s crown and united the Skulkin, Serpentine and Stone Army against us. Luckily for us, we aren’t alone.

This is where you come in. You will take on the role of a student at The Academy of the Ninja, and combat the united armies.

Rules

(Credit to Peabody Sam for writing these in Dino Attack. Mostly copy & pasted from there)

Rules are important to the survival of this RPG. Breaking them will result in penalties depending on which rule and how severely it was broken.

1. All BZP rules are in effect here. This means no spamming, no flaming, etc.

2. Use "IC" when In Character (describing what your character is doing in-universe) and "OOC" when Out Of Character (to talk and discuss with other BZP members). This way, it is less confusing for other members to read your posts. For example:

"OOC: I bought a 9450 Epic Dragon Battle on eBay yesterday!

IC: Kai spun around in his Blade Cycle. He dodged the Serpentine Mech, and began to plan a solution to defeat the robot."

3. Keep violent descriptions down to minimal. Instead of typing "IC: Swing, swing, swing! He swung his sword at the Serpentine just for fun, and laughed as he saw its guts spill out onto the street!", write "IC: He swung his weapon at the Serpentine, whose life came to an abrupt end."

4. Do not kill other players' characters without their consent.

5. If you are planning to leave this RPG, please let us know in advance so we may take your profile down from the character list. If you're only going on break, tell us so that I do not take down your profile.

6. Trainee Ninja are limited to the Ninja Glider, and Standard Ninja are limited to the vehicles outlined in the class section. Any rank can use the vehicles of a rank below them. Unless my consent is given, they may not use any other vehicle.

Guidelines

(Credit to Dino Attack)

Guidelines are like the rules. However, breaking of the guidelines only results in a warning.

1. Instead of adding more PMs to our inbox, if you've got something you want to tell me about this RPG, do so in your post. That’s why the "OOC" part of the post exists.

2. Do not kill official LEGO Characters. It's alright if you kill your own made-up characters, but if Kai or Sensei Wu dies, I'm going to ask you to change your post.

3. Please know that at times I can be extremely busy and cannot always attend this RPG. This means that we may not add your character's profile to the character list as soon as you post it. If we have not added your character's profile, do not, repeat, DO NOT hassle us or PM us to get it added. Patience is a virtue, you know, and although I admit that I may lack patience, I hope you have some instead. Be considerate.

4. Do not PM your profile to me. Post it here instead.

5. If possible, make your posts medium-length. Epics are not required for each post, but posts with one or two in-character sentences don't add much to the RPG. This RPG tries to see how well you and other members can interact and take control of the story; while this can be achieved through short posts, it take far less time with medium-length posts.

6. Keep interaction with other LEGO themes down to minimal. It's alright if your character has backgrounds in another theme, that’s okay, but keep it as simple as that.

7. No God Modding . If your character leaps across a fifty-mile canyon, or defeats two hundred Stone Swordsmen single-handedly without breaking a sweat, that's G-Modding. Don't do it. It makes the RPG less challenging.

7a. There appears to be a bit of confusion over the term 'G-Modding'. In this context, 'G-Modding' refers to giving your character ridiculous abilities.

8. For practically all vehicles are the size of the set. The only exceptions are the Ultra Dragon and the Destiny's Bounty, which are the size they are in the show. Try to keep getting in your vehicles realistic. Please don’t just suddenly be in it or have it appear out of nowhere.

Elements:

Light: The green energy Lloyd uses. Can fire lasers, and orbs of energy. Elite experts can make a green fire. Color is green.

Fire: The art of the flame. Can shoot fire balls, make fire whip or breath fire. Members usually have a temper. Color is red.

Earth: The mastery of stone. Members have exceptional strength and experts can fully control earth. Color is black.

Lightning: The control of electricity. With this one can shoot bolts of lightning and experts can create shields of lightning. Members are usually quick-witted and agile. Color is blue.

Ice: Users of the cold. One could fire freeze bolts and experts can lower the temperature in any area. Users are normally extremely serious. Color is ice.

Ranks:

There are four ranks: Trainee, Standard, Elite and Master. Ranks are for players, so if you get Elite, all of your characters are Elite. All players start as a Trainee. Upon ten good-sized IC posts, they will become a Standard Ninja. Elite rank is achieved by having good merit. Master is the moderator rank, so there may never be more than one at a time. It is achieved by exceptionally good merit.

Perks:

Trainee: Powers: Spinjitzu

Vehicles: Ninja Glider (30080)

Weapon: No special perks

Clothing: First suit used.

Standard: Powers: Fire: Fire Balls

Light: Lasers

Earth: Earth punches

Ice: Freeze Bolts

Lightning: Lightning Bolts

Vehicles: Fire: Kai’s Blade Cycle (9441) and Kai’s Fire Mech (70500)

Light: Lloyd’s Mech (70505) and a Green version of 2260

Earth: Coles Tread Assault (9444) and Cole’s Earth Driller (70502)

Ice: Zane’s Snowmobile (9445) and Ice Spider (70504)

Lightning: Jay’s Storm Fighter (9442) and Jay’s Jetpack (70501)

Weapons: Golden version of chosen weapon

Clothing: ZX Armor

Elite: Powers: Complete Elemental Control and NRG Form

Vehicles: Ultra Sonic Raider (9449) and Ultra Dragon (9450)

Weapon: Energy version of chosen weapon.

Clothing: Kimono

Master: Vehicles: Destiny’s Bounty (9446)

Armor: Kimono with shoulderpads

Can issue missions and use canon characters

Important Characters

The Sensei’s: Both of the to brothers: Wu and Garmadon. Both have equal control of all four elements and know Spinjitzu. They are the headmasters of The Academy of the Ninja. The duo are very old men, but they have incredible power.

Lord Garmadon: An evil version of Lloyd Garmadon from an alternate dimension. It is currently unknown how he became evil, why he came to our dimension, or how he came here. Physically he looks like Lloyd, but with black hair, pale skin and red eyes. He controls Shadow instead of Light, and dresses in purple instead of green. Shadow can do all of the things that Light can, but is purple. Lord Garmadon posses all four dark elements, and knows the Dark Dragon Fighting style.

The Dark Ninja: Evil versions of the four original ninja. Each has a dark version of their original element, which can corrupt one, or due the normal things for that element. Look like the original evil ninja from our universe, but we know they are the actual ninja from their dimension. Each has the ability to make a dark dragon, like Lloyd’s Golden Dragon ability, but they become the dragon. Each wields the Golden Weapon of their element.

The Five Ninja: The original ninja, Lloyd, Zane, Cole, Jay, and Kai. Each controls one element. They all teach their respective element at The Academy of the Ninja. Lloyd wears his Green Ninja outfit for casual wear, and his golden suit for battle. For more, go to the Ninjago Wiki.

Nya: Samurai X. She now a weapon teacher at The Academy. If need be, she will enter the Samurai X mech again. She knows spinjitzu, but she keeps this a secret. No body knows this, not even the ninja.

Important Locations

The Academy of the Ninja: A school founded dedicated to the art of the ninja. It was built on the remains of the Monastery. It serves as the main base for the ninja and teaches students on stealth, mastery of their element and the art of weaponry.

Forest of Tranquility: An average forest that contains a rare element: Relaxum. This element calms one down incredibly, and is being mined by the united armies. It is unknown why Lord Garmadon’s forces want it, but it can't be good. To prevent the mining, the Fire Temple has been turned into a citadel controlled by ninja.

Ninjago City: The largest city in all of Ninjago. The ninja bought the entire building that their fancy apartment had been located in, and have turned it into a branch of the Academy, where important ceremonies occur and Elite ninja live.

Ouroboros: The city of Ouroboros has been completely renovated by Lord Garmadon. It has modern buildings, many walls and defenses. This is the opposite of the Academy: It is the base of the united armies. At the center, where there was once a Slither Pit, stands Lord Garmadon's palace.

The Five Tombs: The five Serpentine tombs have been converted into bases for the united armies. They have electricity and modern comforts. All are heavily guarded and nearly impossible to break into. Hypobrai entrance is located in the Nothern Provinces, and is the laboratory for the united armies. All of the tombs have been linked together, making one giant base.

The Caves of Despair: The forces of the evil Lloyd Garmadon are mining a special, practically indestructible metal called Inumium here. To stop the mining, a section of the cave was converted into a fortress. It is very easy to get lost here, and many poisonous creatures lurk in darkness, so you must always have light and a map here.

The Nothern Provinces: A barren, frozen wasteland, this is the location of a major battle site. The ninja control the Ice Fortress, where the Shruikens of Ice were found, and the Serpentine have a tomb here. The ninja are trying here to prevent the expirements that the united armies are performing in the Hypnobrai tomb. The Nothern Provinces off limits to Trainee Ninja.

The Dark Island: The Dark Island is infested with Skulkin, Serpentine and Stone Soldiers. Many cities populate the island, all controlled by the united armies. The forces of evil are mining Dark Matter here, and are refining it. Refined Dark Matter gives one red eyes and pale skin. The only base the ninja have is the Mountain of Light. The mountain that contains the Temple of Light has been turned into a huge fortress. The battles that rage here are very dangerous, so the Dark Island is off limits to Trainee Ninja.

The Enemy:

After arriving in our universe, Lord Garmadon stole the Helm of Darkness and took control of the Stone Army. He united the Skulkin and Serpentine together with the Stone Army to take over the world. Vehicles of separate factions are generally used only by their respective faction. The Skulkin are living skeletons that come from the Underworld. They have the ability to use elemental powers of the original four elements equivalent to Standard Ninja power. The Serpentine have four different powers: The Fangpyre, turn objects into snakes with a bite; Hypnobrai, mind control enemies; Constirctai, burrow through the ground and Venomari, make enemies hallucinate. The Stone Army are nearly indestructible warriors made out of rock that can only be defeated with elemental powers.

Major Events and Missions

Missions are occasionally issued by Master Ninja. It is not necessary to participate in any, but it is recommended you do.

None as of yet.

Character List:

If you are going to quit the RPG, let me know in advance so I can remove your profile from the list.

User: Example

Current Rank: Master

Name: Kai

Element: Fire

Weapon: Sword

Personality: Short-fused, Angry

Background: Before becoming a ninja, Kai owned a blacksmith shop with his sister. Skulkin kidnapped his sister, and Kai became a ninja to rescue her.

If you want to study at the Academy and defend Ninjago, fill out this form. You may have two (2) PCs, and up to ten (10) NPCs. If one of your characters dies, then you can create a new one.

Name: Pretty obvious. Can be ninja/oriental themed, but doesn’t have to be.

Element: Choose out the five outlined above, light cannot use the other four.

Weapon: Choose a melee weapon. If it is in any Ninjago set or relatively simple, you can use it. Gets upgraded with each rank (See Rank Perks).

Personality: Describe what your character is like.

Background: Where did your character come from? Describe it here.

You have the story, you have the enemy, and you have the setting. Go out, and defend Ninjago.

Comments and criticisms are welcome.

Edited by Canis

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Shattered Mask Productions...I shall remember that.Regarding your RPG plans, I think it looks good, except for the bit where you said

Ranks are for players, so if you get Elite, all of your characters are Elite.
The logic behind this makes a bit of sense, but I have doubts about how well it will work in practice; some players (I'd probably be one of them, were I to join the Ninjago RPG) may want to have characters at different ranks -- a rookie NPC that one's primary character takes under their wing, or a veteran to give them help and advice.Generally, the unwritten rule of thumb for such cases has been None of your NPCs may outrank your Primary. I would suggest that you consider that as an alternative to requiring players to keep all their characters at the same rank.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Shattered Mask Productions...I shall remember that.Regarding your RPG plans, I think it looks good, except for the bit where you said

Ranks are for players, so if you get Elite, all of your characters are Elite.
The logic behind this makes a bit of sense, but I have doubts about how well it will work in practice; some players (I'd probably be one of them, were I to join the Ninjago RPG) may want to have characters at different ranks -- a rookie NPC that one's primary character takes under their wing, or a veteran to give them help and advice.Generally, the unwritten rule of thumb for such cases has been None of your NPCs may outrank your Primary. I would suggest that you consider that as an alternative to requiring players to keep all their characters at the same rank.

Hmmm... The reason I did this was because you can have two PCs and I didn't think it made sense for someone to have to earn Elite rank twice. I will probably change 'all your characters' to 'both of your PCs', and your NPCs can be any rank (Not outranking your Primaries).

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Oh, shoot. I missed the two PCs bit. So I guess that makes sense, although another option you could consider is that players may be free to promote any of their characters up to but not exceeding the rank of their highest-ranking PC at their own discretion.So say you have a player who has two PCs but posts more/makes more meaningful contributions to the game as one priary than they do as the other. You could then promote that character to Elite, at which point the player could choose when to promote any of their other characters to Elite.Just my tuppence, though I can see now why your system would also work just fine.

Edited by Jacks

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Could people please comment on my RPG? I really want to improve it, but no one except for Jacks has commented on it. It's not that people haven't been active- Avmatoran has posted twice since I posted my RPG, but neither time was about my RPG.
So I know nothing about Ninjago, as well as many other newer themes, but here's a few thoughts:-Is there a reason you are forcing players to restrict themselves to one weapon? I mean, yes... a warrior who favors the bow over the sword is going to primarily fight with the bow, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't switch to a sword, or dagger, or something else if someone charges them. (Just as a general example).-If you do want to restrict players to one weapon, you should have a list of possible weapons they can choose, rather than saying "whatever is used in the sets is acceptable".-The perks section is a little confusing to read, although I'm not entirely sure how it could be made better. Links to the actual sets would be one thing. Maybe break it down by elements -> ranks rather than ranks -> elements, and use a bulleted list or something?Jacks sorta already mentioned the main thing I noticed, but from a different angle- from a brief perusal of your RPG, it seems like there is only one faction to join, yes? What's the point of letting people have two player characters, then, if they can have ten NPCs? (Unless you are allowing players to join "The Enemy" faction- in which case this should be expressly stated).When Peasam and I did the Alpha Team (Ogel's Last Stand) RPG a while back, we allowed two characters, but that was so one could be in one faction and the other in the other faction.Also, and this is a bit more general- on placing limits on the number of NPCs one player can control / create- I'm not really sure I like the idea. I mean... in general, yes, you don't want to have too many NPCs running around the place. But what does that limit actually apply to? NPCs who are common members of "your squad", characters who generally go on missions with your primary character? Or any and all NPCs you need to create for the purposes of storytelling?By "for the purposes of storytelling", I mean cases like: let's say I want to add a conversation between an engineer servicing my vehicle and my main character so I can hint at some detail or another, or I need to introduce a redshirt NPC so I can kill them off later, or I want to write about a character in some other organization for some story (this may not be an issue in this setting, but it would be in, say, Dino Attack).So... onto what class of NPC does this restriction actually apply?Also, I can't tell from the rules, but are you expecting people to fill out the character form for their NPCs?
current_events_sigbanner.png

Could people please comment on my RPG? I really want to improve it, but no one except for Jacks has commented on it. It's not that people haven't been active- Avmatoran has posted twice since I posted my RPG, but neither time was about my RPG.
So I know nothing about Ninjago, as well as many other newer themes, but here's a few thoughts:-Is there a reason you are forcing players to restrict themselves to one weapon? I mean, yes... a warrior who favors the bow over the sword is going to primarily fight with the bow, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't switch to a sword, or dagger, or something else if someone charges them. (Just as a general example).-If you do want to restrict players to one weapon, you should have a list of possible weapons they can choose, rather than saying "whatever is used in the sets is acceptable".-The perks section is a little confusing to read, although I'm not entirely sure how it could be made better. Links to the actual sets would be one thing. Maybe break it down by elements -> ranks rather than ranks -> elements, and use a bulleted list or something?Jacks sorta already mentioned the main thing I noticed, but from a different angle- from a brief perusal of your RPG, it seems like there is only one faction to join, yes? What's the point of letting people have two player characters, then, if they can have ten NPCs? (Unless you are allowing players to join "The Enemy" faction- in which case this should be expressly stated).When Peasam and I did the Alpha Team (Ogel's Last Stand) RPG a while back, we allowed two characters, but that was so one could be in one faction and the other in the other faction.Also, and this is a bit more general- on placing limits on the number of NPCs one player can control / create- I'm not really sure I like the idea. I mean... in general, yes, you don't want to have too many NPCs running around the place. But what does that limit actually apply to? NPCs who are common members of "your squad", characters who generally go on missions with your primary character? Or any and all NPCs you need to create for the purposes of storytelling?By "for the purposes of storytelling", I mean cases like: let's say I want to add a conversation between an engineer servicing my vehicle and my main character so I can hint at some detail or another, or I need to introduce a redshirt NPC so I can kill them off later, or I want to write about a character in some other organization for some story (this may not be an issue in this setting, but it would be in, say, Dino Attack).So... onto what class of NPC does this restriction actually apply?Also, I can't tell from the rules, but are you expecting people to fill out the character form for their NPCs?

Okay, I will respond to these points in order.

-Weapons: I will probably change that to favorite weapon. You could use others, but the one you put on your form should be your main. I put the set thing in so that if someone wanted to use a complicated weapon and didn't know how to describe it, they could say it is in whatever set. I will probably link to a list at the Ninjago Wiki - I'm pretty sure they have one.

-Perks Section: Most perks are not element specific, so I thought it would make more sense to be done this way.

-Two PCs: While this RPG does not have factions, the elements differ between themselves greatly. You can have different powers and vehicles. I have two PCs so that you could have two characters of two elements.

-NPCs- I did this so people didn't have armies of NPCs or so many that they lost track of all of them. After hearing what you had to say, I allow for unlimited NPCs. That one part was not very well thought out on my half, so there never was a class of NPC that it applied to.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

For those who have any interest, work has begun on the Chima RPG!

It will be set before the 1000 year peace, but not so far that we're getting into the time when animals were just transforming.

@Canis:

I like the RPG, but I'd also like to point out a couple things:

-What if you want a PC to be a Skulkin, Serpentine, or Stone Army? Would someone be allow to make up their own Recruit-Standard-Elite chart, then have you approve?

-Does a good PC have to be a ninja? Could they train as a samurai under Nya, or do other things?

-Custom Vehicles?

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Well, the problem with that is that, in a game in which access to various canon vehicles is a major signifier of rank, the host would have to approve every single custom vehicle, to make sure that players are not circumventing the rank system to get better vehicles without earning them. (That was an issue in the DARPG early on, when several players gave their characters giant airships, and another gave his NPCs tanks.) Plus it could be tricky to attach custom vehicles to ranks.Now, you may wonder that I am explaining why custom vehicles are a questionable idea while simultaneously planning to allow them in my own RPG. I did ponder the advantages and disadvantages very extensively, and I do believe it will work for the LURPG for two reasons: 1) Vehicles have almost always been used as the primary rank perks, but LEGO Universe didn't really have much in the way of vehicles apart from the rockets and cars and whatnot. And since the LURPG will only have two ranks, only the higher of which has custom vehicles, the feature cannnot be used to circumvent the ranks. 2) LEGO Universe was all about imagination, so it fits thematically.On the other hand, in a theme which already has vehicles in its canon, custom vehicles would be a superfluous complication. However, I don't think this would rule out canon vehicles that have simply been modified. I've seen that route taken many times over the years.

Edited by Jacks

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

For those who have any interest, work has begun on the Chima RPG!

It will be set before the 1000 year peace, but not so far that we're getting into the time when animals were just transforming.

@Canis:

I like the RPG, but I'd also like to point out a couple things:

-What if you want a PC to be a Skulkin, Serpentine, or Stone Army? Would someone be allow to make up their own Recruit-Standard-Elite chart, then have you approve?

-Does a good PC have to be a ninja? Could they train as a samurai under Nya, or do other things?

-Custom Vehicles?

Zakaro

-I wanted to allow people to do this, but I had trouble balancing the perks compared to the ninja. The main problem was powers- How could tunneling though the ground and other Serpentine powers be ranked up effectively? If someone wanted to make their own chart, I might except it.

-I would say yes. NPCs of yours could be Samurai, but not your PCs.

-I would prefer not. If you have a custom vehicle you really want, you could PM me for approval.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Sample Profiles, a Blank Profile, and Commented Profile coming soonCool, thank you for answering my questions.

And hey, here's the Chima RPG!

Legends of Chima:

The Forgotten Tales

There are other stories told in the land of Chima, long epics of adventure and action. Most have happened in the thousand-year peace, but this one, which has been forgotten by all but a few in each tribe, remains the oldest of them, and occurs long before the peace... Nearly 50 years before, in fact...

Introduction:

Welcome one and all to Legends of Chima: The Forgotten Tales. Being set before the thousand-year peace, almost zero references will be made to something in the TV series. However, most of the aspects of the series will be included within the RPG. You, as a player, will assume the role of a warrior or whatever you wish to be in one of the tribes.

Overview

The Kingdom of Chima is in disarray. The Wolves and Lions have gone to war over the ownership of the Golden Chi, which was supposedly won by the Wolf Warrior Wrodez. Lion Warrior Leonixus protests that the Wolf used a hidden weapon to gain an unfair advantage, to which he replied that it was covered with its safety guard and that Leonixus should have seen it. Tensions between the tribes had been building from the Lions refusing to grant the Wolves more Chi, even though their tribe had a large group Coming of Age and said they needed more to fulfill the needs of their vehicles and the teens. Which side will you choose?

Tribes

As info on every tribe is limited, not all will be intractable/playable until the summer, and maybe some past then.

Lions

As a Tribe, the Lions are the rule makers, and then they follow them to the dot. They attempt to maintain peace as best they can, even when they disagree with other Tribes. Strict yet fun-loving, they are the protectors of the Sacred Pool of Chi. Led by a King and Queen, with each firstborn continuing the line. Important characteristics are:

-Either brown, orange, or red manes. Red indicates royal linage, gray or white shows age.

-Based in the Lion Temple.

Eagles

Often airheaded, the Eagles just kind-a float around Chima, discussing life and making calculations. Among the smartest Tribes, some Eagles are able to figure out just about anything if you give them enough time and space to write. They are led by the Eagle Council, which talks much more than does. Important characteristics are:

-White, sky blue or dark blue feathers. Darker blue usually indicates Council linage.

-Based in the Eagle’s Castle

Crocodiles

Competitive, cunning, prideful- All traits of the Croc Tribe. Even though they’re sometimes the source of strife in a conflict, they’re still a Tribe to be respected and treaded lightly around. They are willing to negotiate to solve problems instead of just fight, because fighting can only hurt both sides. Most of the time. Led by a King and Queen. Important characteristics are:

-Dark green, lime, or brown scales. Dark green indicates royal linage.

-Based in the Croc Palace

Wolves

Pack animals, they live close together. Most decisions are made quickly and effortlessly. Some are backstabbers, deceivers, cunning, and just plain unlikeable. Others are kind, helpful, and trustworthy, once you gain it. Made of several different packs which come together at meetings and tournaments, they’re more of an alliance between Wolves rather than a true Tribe. Led by a Tribe Leader, the strongest of the Pack Leaders, who’s position can be challenged for. Important characteristics are:

-Fur in shades from Black to white, with any shade of grey in-between. Darker fur means stronger, lighter means faster.

-No true base. They live in dens all over the place.

Ravens

Thieves. One word that summons up the Raven Tribe in a nutshell. If there’s a competition for something, they’ll participate, but if they don’t win or it seems easier, they’ll just steal the prize. Some have a knack for math, which allows them to keep track of what they’ve taken. Easily bought. Led by the Grand Thief Master, who’s position can be challenged for. Important characteristics are:

-Armor may be steel, silver, or gold. Better the metal, better the thief.

-No true base. Constantly moving around to avoid justice, even if the Eagles wouldn’t ever decide on a punishment.

Bears, Rhinos, Skunks, Gorillas, Foxes

-WILL BE UPDATED WHEN INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE-

Currently not playable.

Locations

-Chima will be simply made up, and any differences can be attributed to changes in the landscape when the Chi gets out of balance -

Ranks

Like most other RPGs in this forum, there’s a ranking system. However, it’s a little different.

When you first start, you get 1 PC that’s not of Age, and only faceless NPCs. (Trainee) After 10 good posts, you can create a character that’s anyone but a leader of a Tribe. (Or in the Wolves’ case, no Pack Leaders as well.) (Warrior) You can choose for your first PC to Come of Age then, or wait. You can have up to 2 PCs, and as many NPCs, faceless or developed, as you want after 10 good posts.

When I feel you’ve contributed quite a lot to the RPG, you will be able to use the more powerful vehicles. (Elite)

A few select people will be Staff, and will be able to control the NPC Tribe/Pack Leaders.

Vehicles

You can only use the ones corresponding to your tribe. You must go to the Tribe’s base to receive one, and you can’t just grab another if it crashes. When there is a number like this: (X) You need that many people to operate the vehicle.

Trainee Vehicles: Speedor

Warrior Vehicles: Razcal’s Glider, Crawley’s Claw Ripper, Lennox’s Lion Attack, Eris’s Eagle Interceptor, Wakz's Pack Tracker

Elite Vehicles: Laval’s Royal Fighter (2), Cragger’s Command Ship (4), Razar’s Chi Raider, Equila’s Ultra Striker (Accepting suggestions for a Elite Wolf vehicle)

Rules

The Lions insisted. Compiled from the Dino Attack RPG, as well as a few of my own.

1. All BZP Rules stay in effect. Why one would think they don’t apply, I have no idea…

2. Use IC and OOC for in and out of character. Ex.

IC: Leonixus dove out of the way of the incoming Speedor. Who knew they went around this way?

OOC: Anyone want to be the Speedor driver?

3. Keep it suitable for kids. No descriptions of gore, and keep romance to kisses and maybe maybe implying an implication. NOMORE.

4. Don’t kill anyone without permission. If it’s a NPC, ask the user or the GM. If it’s a PC, you better be told you can. Or you might be the one getting killed.

5. If you don’t post at all for a month, your name will be marked. If you know you’ll be gone for x amount of time, tell me so I can add a return date. EX: User9001: Inactive until 9/4/16

6. Follow the Ranking system. Also, remember: If you crash/lose a vehicle, you’re not going to immediately going to get another of the exact same kind. Vehicles are about the same size, and can’t appear out of no-where.

7. Profiles go here, in the topic. No PM. And remember: we have lives too. No hassle.

8. No GMing, no bunnying. Even if your character has Chi in their chest, give the other person a chance.

9. No interaction with other Lego themes. Chima is unlike other themes in that aspect, it’s separate and can’t combine. Almost like Bionicle.

10. Respect the GM and Staff. GM: Zakaro Staff: None currently

Profiles

Sample Profiles, a Blank Profile, and Commented Profile coming soon.

GM-NPCs coming soon, Staff-NPCs coming soon, Players and their characters will go here.

(GM-PC: Game Master-NonPrimary Character. Beings such as Leonixus and the Lion and Wolf Leaders who I want to keep under my direct control. Staff-NPC: NPCs that are too important to be used by the average player but that I don’t need to directly control. Only Staff may control them. Beings such as the Eagle Council and the other Tribe Leaders.)

Key Events

-Lions and Wolves go to war.

-Current alliances: Lions vs. Wolves. All others neutral.

Thank you,

Zakaro

Edited by ZakarOMEGA'D!

AGoNWLR.jpg

I am looking forward to seeing this more developed. I just have two suggestions:

-Mix up the good and evil tribes (Talking about the current series). IE: Crocs and Lions on one side; Wolves, Eagles and Ravens on the other. This would make it not have clearly defined good and evil, which I think is good.

-If you do that, make the Wolves and Ravens less evil in their descriptions.

These are just my two suggestions.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Ah, dang it. I forgot to add a 'Key Events' Section. XD

Well, currently I'm planning for it to start with just Lion vs. Wolves with all the others starting neutral. The players' actions IC would determine the Eagle, Raven, and Croc Tribes' alliances.

K?

Also, I'll change that, since I kinda pulled it straight from the Bios on Lego.com... XD

EDIT: Added some stuff to Crocs and Wolves. Made it so that some Wolves are as we've seen in the show and on Lego.com, but others are different. Probably gonna have two different packs, one good and one bad.

Zakaro

Edited by Zakar0%

AGoNWLR.jpg

If no one else has anything to say about my RPG, I will submit it around this time tomorrow. Zakaro, when do you think your RPG is going to be up? If it is soon, I will wait on the news article. If not, when my RPG gets approved, I will start it.

On a side note, the Alien Conquest RPG is getting ignored.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Psyched to see Ninjago up! I've just sent off the email to the news team, plugging your game, the LURPG, and Alien Conquest, as well as Zakaro's upcoming Chima RPG. If we're lucky, we might have an influx of players in the near future. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jacks

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

@Canis: I'll consider that. Perhaps fur lightness can imply 'good'ness...

And heck yeah go Universe

Zakaro

On a note related to this, we have just gotten a picture of Windra from the Nuremburg Toy Fair, and she is white. So, you could just have the two tribes form one over the years as an explanation. The fox tribe has also been released, so they should make an appearance.

Edited by Canis

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

More tribes.

<_<

Just what we needed.

I mean, we honestly can't have half the tribes even active at this point, with the amount of RPGers in the LEGO RPG forum and even just in general.

Heck, I could even open it up to each person can somewhat control a tribe and there'd still be inactive tribes.

So yeah, the Chima RPG will get an addition sometime soon.

When I get around to it.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

Of course, we would have more players if the news team gave a drat about this subforum. It's been almost a week since I sent them that email, and there's been nothing. That they don't consider the steps we are taking to revitalize an entire subcommunity of the website to be newsworthy doesn't bother me nearly as much as the fact that we don't even merit a reply saying "We don't consider this to be newsworthy." I fully understand that they are people with lives who are at least as busy as all of us, but gosh, it would've taken all of five seconds.Rant over, before I accidentally turn this thread into a bitter ragefest. :P Still can't wait to see the Chima RPG leave the hangar.

Edited by Jacks

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You