Growth Theories

toatitan

Does anyone have an idea why lego didn't stick to the original sizes of toa and matoran?Bodies and limbs just kept getting bigger until they settled on the toa inika, and the matoran continued to grow until the av-matoran build came along. The constant growth made the original toa look like matoran! WHY?!?!

kadin.png kadin.png kadin.png

i know what you mean and i will admit it kinda of really makes me mad that the original turaga are now shorter than the recent matoran when in story form the turaga are suppose to be taller than the matoran. but i do not know the reason for this.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

growth in general is b/c lego using larger/more pieces, but the av- matoran is b/c they do that from the energy in karda-nui, and '01 matoran shrunk from tha spheres, '03 matoran = rebuilding, and voya/mahri matoran = karzahni sux at repairing matoran/karzahni sux at repairing matoran+pit mutagen.

bBhcfWO.png

The matoran sizes are different for canonical reasons. In 01, the matoran became smaller than they were as Metrutoran because of being in the pods. Then they rebuilt themselves in larger, stronger forms after the Bohrok-Kal came. And the Av-Toran were so big because of the energies in Karda-Nui.Toa and Turaga are, story-wise, similar in height to other Toa and Turaga, I think. The reason why they changed was because of new parts.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

Indeed, that is a good question. As Akuna said, it was for canonical reasons most of all. Although, on the height of the Toa, they say the canon height for them is somewhere around 7 feet, which honestly is a bit much. Sure, they want the Toa to be intimidating or just taller than an average human, but I'd say that's a little much, nonetheless. =/ And, because the Turaga are to be considerably shorter, the Turaga would be an average teenager's height or full adult height. The height is a little strange, honestly. But, true, the Matoran heights have reached highs and lows since throughout the story, which is kind of strange, but Akuna's explanation for it makes sense.(Also, off-topic question: Would this be more appropriate in Storyline & Theories, or better off here? Considering it's got a little bit more to do with the storyline for canon reasons and whatnot, it might make more sense there. *shrug*)

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I believe part of the reason, at least in the Toa, may lie in the newer bodies being much more complex than those of 2001-2003, like bendable limbs and multi-part torsos.For the Matoran, they may have made them bigger so they were less prone to breakage?BTW Congrats on thread number 4,000 since the upgrade! :P

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Well, early on, larger sets allowed for improvements in posability (just look at the Rahkshi, which towered over the Toa Mata), and a larger "standard height" for canister sets around the time of the Toa Inika allowed for more variations in height as seen with Toa Mahri Hewkii, Phantoka Pohatu Nuva, Malum, etc.

Simple -- and most of us active on here at the time were well aware of the reason -- to add more points of articulation. The later Matoran gained about as much articulation as the original Toa, hence they had to get closer to that size, and the later Toa got knees and elbows and necks, unlike the originals, so they too had to get bigger. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Simple -- and most of us active on here at the time were well aware of the reason -- to add more points of articulation. The later Matoran gained about as much articulation as the original Toa, hence they had to get closer to that size, and the later Toa got knees and elbows and necks, unlike the originals, so they too had to get bigger. :)

You beat me to it Bones. Think about it, the original Toa Mata didn't have knees or elbows, and the original matoran didn't have much articulation at all. In later years the Toa grew to where they had elbow and knee joints, and the matoran gained some posability. Newer Toa essential had two Toa-Mata-limb-sized pieces in each arm and leg. This made the sets much bigger, but it also had the unfortunate effect of giving them gorilla-like proportions.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Indeed, that is a good question. As Akuna said, it was for canonical reasons most of all. Although, on the height of the Toa, they say the canon height for them is somewhere around 7 feet, which honestly is a bit much. Sure, they want the Toa to be intimidating or just taller than an average human, but I'd say that's a little much, nonetheless. =/ And, because the Turaga are to be considerably shorter, the Turaga would be an average teenager's height or full adult height. The height is a little strange, honestly. But, true, the Matoran heights have reached highs and lows since throughout the story, which is kind of strange, but Akuna's explanation for it makes sense.(Also, off-topic question: Would this be more appropriate in Storyline & Theories, or better off here? Considering it's got a little bit more to do with the storyline for canon reasons and whatnot, it might make more sense there. *shrug*)

yes it would actually go there in my opinion

bBhcfWO.png

yes it would actually go there in my opinion
It's about the actual sets, not characters, so it does belong here
kadin.png kadin.png kadin.png