Bionicle Zone Power Or Hero Factory Power

Bambi

Which would you prefer,  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think that it'd be best with neither of these. The name BZPower works fine, and they pretty much have shifted the focus to general LEGO, which is best, IMO.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I think this site should not allow anything not related to bionicle.

If they were to do that they might as well close the site down. Activity is already slim in many portions of the site, and, believe it or not, shutting down sections left and right would decrease that, not increase it. Besides, BZPower had sections for non-BIONICLE topics even before BIONICLE ended. Why should it eliminate those topics now that they make up the majority of what there is to talk about?

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

If they were to do that they might as well close the site down. Activity is already slim in many portions of the site, and, believe it or not, shutting down sections left and right would decrease that, not increase it. Besides, BZPower had sections for non-BIONICLE topics even before BIONICLE ended. Why should it eliminate those topics now that they make up the majority of what there is to talk about?
Why should they eliminate Bionicle? That's what most of the forums still discuss...mostly...

Why should they eliminate Bionicle?That's what most of the forums still discuss...mostly...
I never said they should eliminate BIONICLE. In fact, earlier in the topic I posted my vote for BZP staying BZP, since BIONICLE has had the most formative influence on the site regardless of how much discussion of it might drop off now that the theme has ended. My last post was in response to someone with the ludicrous idea that all non-BIONICLE discussion on the site should be eliminated. BZPower has had sections for discussion of non-BIONICLE LEGO and off-topic discussions since its inception, and it's ridiculous to say that we should eliminate that now, when there's far less BIONICLE content to discuss than in the site's heyday.EDIT: Were you referring to my remark that if they eliminated non-BIONICLE discussion, they might as well shut the site down? That was somewhat hyperbolic, but also rooted in how many BZPers stick around largely for the community interaction and non-BIONICLE discussion. In a recent topic in General Discussion asking what changes to BZP would prompt users to leave, some of the most common responses were the elimination of COT and Blogs. BZPers who stick around largely for these things still participate in BIONICLE discussion while they're here.In fact, if general LEGO and Hero Factory discussion were eliminated, I would most likely leave as well. The main reason I stick around is that BZP has a different atmosphere than other, more mainstream AFOL sites. BZP is generally more accepting of constraction themes like Hero Factory and story themes like Ninjago than many other sites on the web. But if discussion of ongoing themes was eliminated in favor of a singular focus on a theme which is for all intents and purposes dead, I would see little reason to participate here any more. Edited by Lyichir

Why should they eliminate Bionicle?That's what most of the forums still discuss...mostly...
I never said they should eliminate BIONICLE. In fact, earlier in the topic I posted my vote for BZP staying BZP, since BIONICLE has had the most formative influence on the site regardless of how much discussion of it might drop off now that the theme has ended. My last post was in response to someone with the ludicrous idea that all non-BIONICLE discussion on the site should be eliminated. BZPower has had sections for discussion of non-BIONICLE LEGO and off-topic discussions since its inception, and it's ridiculous to say that we should eliminate that now, when there's far less BIONICLE content to discuss than in the site's heyday.EDIT: Were you referring to my remark that if they eliminated non-BIONICLE discussion, they might as well shut the site down? That was somewhat hyperbolic, but also rooted in how many BZPers stick around largely for the community interaction and non-BIONICLE discussion. In a recent topic in General Discussion asking what changes to BZP would prompt users to leave, some of the most common responses were the elimination of COT and Blogs. BZPers who stick around largely for these things still participate in BIONICLE discussion while they're here.In fact, if general LEGO and Hero Factory discussion were eliminated, I would most likely leave as well. The main reason I stick around is that BZP has a different atmosphere than other, more mainstream AFOL sites. BZP is generally more accepting of constraction themes like Hero Factory and story themes like Ninjago than many other sites on the web. But if discussion of ongoing themes was eliminated in favor of a singular focus on a theme which is for all intents and purposes dead, I would see little reason to participate here any more.
Argh, too many "not"s - I misread his post to be the other way, as in eliminating Bionicle discussion. As for eliminating non-Bionicle discussion, I am largely indifferent, although even I have some plans in mind in the league of non-Bionicle on BZP that I would have to scrap if that happened. I'm not opposed to it - if it keeps people here, it's good. But it is not the mass majority of stuff on here. Even it being the mass majority of discussion is debatable, although I will not deny the immense popularity of CoT and the Blogs. In the Lego Disscussion area, the most popular topics are unmistakably the Bionicle ones.

I never said they should eliminate BIONICLE. In fact, earlier in the topic I posted my vote for BZP staying BZP, since BIONICLE has had the most formative influence on the site regardless of how much discussion of it might drop off now that the theme has ended. My last post was in response to someone with the ludicrous idea that all non-BIONICLE discussion on the site should be eliminated. BZPower has had sections for discussion of non-BIONICLE LEGO and off-topic discussions since its inception, and it's ridiculous to say that we should eliminate that now, when there's far less BIONICLE content to discuss than in the site's heyday.EDIT: Were you referring to my remark that if they eliminated non-BIONICLE discussion, they might as well shut the site down? That was somewhat hyperbolic, but also rooted in how many BZPers stick around largely for the community interaction and non-BIONICLE discussion. In a recent topic in General Discussion asking what changes to BZP would prompt users to leave, some of the most common responses were the elimination of COT and Blogs. BZPers who stick around largely for these things still participate in BIONICLE discussion while they're here.In fact, if general LEGO and Hero Factory discussion were eliminated, I would most likely leave as well. The main reason I stick around is that BZP has a different atmosphere than other, more mainstream AFOL sites. BZP is generally more accepting of constraction themes like Hero Factory and story themes like Ninjago than many other sites on the web. But if discussion of ongoing themes was eliminated in favor of a singular focus on a theme which is for all intents and purposes dead, I would see little reason to participate here any more.
Argh, too many "not"s - I misread his post to be the other way, as in eliminating Bionicle discussion. As for eliminating non-Bionicle discussion, I am largely indifferent, although even I have some plans in mind in the league of non-Bionicle on BZP that I would have to scrap if that happened. I'm not opposed to it - if it keeps people here, it's good.But it is not the mass majority of stuff on here. Even it being the mass majority of discussion is debatable, although I will not deny the immense popularity of CoT and the Blogs. In the Lego Disscussion area, the most popular topics are unmistakably the Bionicle ones.
The problem is, in the LEGO Discussion area and elsewhere on the site, most of the BIONICLE discussion consists of post-it-here topics (with the exception of Storyline and Theories). Topics like "What Rahkshi power would you like to have?" don't foster much meaningful discussion, with most members posting their opinions and then leaving instead of building off each other. The Exo-Force discussion topic seems to have more substantial discussion going on in it, for Pete's sake, and Exo-Force has been dead for even longer than BIONICLE.I suppose I'm getting off-topic here, but it annoys me that the focus of this site has been relegated largely to topics which have less meaningful discussion than many topics here in the voting booth. It suggests that members are more concerned with putting their opinions out there and increasing their post counts than taking the opinions of others into consideration.

*Smites excessively long multi-quote**continues slightly off-topic conversation and creates rant below about above post*

The problem is, in the LEGO Discussion area and elsewhere on the site, most of the BIONICLE discussion consists of post-it-here topics (with the exception of Storyline and Theories). Topics like "What Rahkshi power would you like to have?" don't foster much meaningful discussion, with most members posting their opinions and then leaving instead of building off each other.

But thats the point of lego discussion (If you are talking about the forum group, not the forum itself, correct me)

This forum is devoted to all LEGO-related discussion that doesn't fit in any other category.Discussion regarding Bionicle that isn't specifically about either story or sets, for example, belongs here, as does any Hero Factory discussion besides sets and MOCs. General discussion of other LEGO lines also belongs here.

It's mostly For Lego in general types of things, for most bionicle discussion other than "post it here" topics as you call them goes in other forums like S&T and Set Discussion, so the more random bionicle questions are here, (except some with small amounts of questions go to polls).

I suppose I'm getting off-topic here, but it annoys me that the focus of this site has been relegated largely to topics which have less meaningful discussion than many topics here in the voting booth.

How meaningful the discussion is in others forums is whatever you think of it. Other people can have different opinions on that. Edited by Hippopotomonstrosesquipeda

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I woiuld prefer BZP plus BZP sounds catchy :P

What do you mean by that? Please elaborate. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

*Smites excessively long multi-quote**continues slightly off-topic conversation and creates rant below about above post*

The problem is, in the LEGO Discussion area and elsewhere on the site, most of the BIONICLE discussion consists of post-it-here topics (with the exception of Storyline and Theories). Topics like "What Rahkshi power would you like to have?" don't foster much meaningful discussion, with most members posting their opinions and then leaving instead of building off each other.

But thats the point of lego discussion (If you are talking about the forum group, not the forum itself, correct me)

This forum is devoted to all LEGO-related discussion that doesn't fit in any other category.Discussion regarding Bionicle that isn't specifically about either story or sets, for example, belongs here, as does any Hero Factory discussion besides sets and MOCs. General discussion of other LEGO lines also belongs here.

It's mostly For Lego in general types of things, for most bionicle discussion other than "post it here" topics as you call them goes in other forums like S&T and Set Discussion, so the more random bionicle questions are here, (except some with small amounts of questions go to polls).

I suppose I'm getting off-topic here, but it annoys me that the focus of this site has been relegated largely to topics which have less meaningful discussion than many topics here in the voting booth.

How meaningful the discussion is in others forums is whatever you think of it. Other people can have different opinions on that.
The BIONICLE sets forum is just as bad, though. Topics which could have fostered interesting discussion, like "Which Characters Would You Like To See As Sets", turn into a pseudo-voting page; except in that one, posts go toward your post count. And a few members take full advantage of that. In others, like Best/Worst Mask Design, most posts can only be described as insular. The members posting in these topics made up their minds on issues like these years ago, and I don't see any of them so much as considering what others have to say on the subject. Again, it becomes akin to the Voting Booth, and indeed the only reason it's not in the Voting Booth is that there are too many options to fit in a single poll. The site's organization pretty clearly is meant to segregate these kinds of topics from those which foster open discussion, but more and more they're oocupying the main forums.

Isn't it pretty clear what he means? BZP rolls off the tongue a lot easier than HFP could. Bee-zee-pee as opposed to Aych-eff-pee.

Isn't it pretty clear what he means? BZP rolls off the tongue a lot easier than HFP could. Bee-zee-pee as opposed to Aych-eff-pee.
Sorry, I misread what he was saying due to the lack of pronunciation. I read it as "BZP plus BZP" being his idea of a title. Sorry for the confusion. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick