Jazz

otter

Jazz, the sweet music of the ages. It rocks your soul, leaving you with a warm fuzzy feeling inside every time you listen. They've got Soul, and Funk, there's Fusion, Bebop, and many others...all leading back to straight up Jazz.Which is what you're about to hear about today.Is this topic about Jazz? It sure is. Why? Well, I play Jazz and I like listening to it...and I want to hear who else does either of those, or both.If you like listening to Jazz, please mention what sub-genres you like to listen to. And if you play it, please list the sub-genre you play most, and what instrument(s) you play.I, myself, play Upright Bass and Bass guitar when playing Jazz. And I love playing and listening to every sub-genre there is...I can't get enough.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I listen to jazz fusion. That's pretty much it. Mahavishu Orchestra, Brand X, and Miles Davis (late 60s, early 70s albums). Jazz fusion isn't really my thing, but the former two have some great songs. I've been thinking about trying to listen to Weather Report as well.

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

With jazz, I mostly like vocal jazz, like Frank Sinatra and Peggy Lee. There's also this unsigned singer that I like, Hania Lee. She does quite a lot of really good vocal jazz songs.Other than that, I like some Ornette Coleman and a jazz/black metal fusion band called Shining.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

Vocal Jazz is nice. One of my favorite things to listen to is Jazz Fusion, going back to T.I.

I listen to jazz fusion. That's pretty much it. Mahavishu Orchestra, Brand X, and Miles Davis (late 60s, early 70s albums). Jazz fusion isn't really my thing, but the former two have some great songs. I've been thinking about trying to listen to Weather Report as well.

Yes, listen to Weather Report. You can not live without hearing the amazing bass skills of Jaco Pastorius. Look up Third Stone from the Sun, the way Jaco plays it. Not Jimi Hendrix. And never forget Birdland, oh no.You also wouldn't go wrong listening to the Rippingtons, they wrote a song called Morocco that my High School's jazz band played near the beginning of the year. It's a nice song too.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

• 2 weeks later...

Vocal Jazz is nice. One of my favorite things to listen to is Jazz Fusion, going back to T.I.

Yes, listen to Weather Report. You can not live without hearing the amazing bass skills of Jaco Pastorius. Look up Third Stone from the Sun, the way Jaco plays it. Not Jimi Hendrix. And never forget Birdland, oh no.
Yeah, I'll eventually get to it. Been busy with progressive rock and thrash metal - typical me. :PI'll need to sort Weather Report into my schedule... Edited by Tenebrae Invictus

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

• 3 weeks later...