The Island Of Pain

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

OOC: Whoops! I meant Lord Darkon's characters. DX I thought for sure Xiphos was one Darkon's characters. IC Klax - Fortress - Negotiating: -Other than to have a large Fortress to live in, safe from Rahi, and opponents. "So... truce?" he asked out, looking around the group of people who had previously been fighting. IC Oura - Shadowtangle - Fighting: Oura ran after Reya and Jontan, cutting down foliage in his way. He arrived at the fight at the wrong moment, though, as a large wall of water was rushing his way. OOC: I'll wait for ToD to post, just in case Jontan decides to block the wave somehow. -Oura

IC: Ashring At first Vertan began to panic as darkness surround them. He shook the feeling away quickly, if he became distracted, then he would die. The Skakdi blasted the ground where he had last seen Shanrahk with his vision power. Then he began charging force bolts in his palms. They lit up the dark somewhat for him to see. And then he searched the area for his enemy.

The darkness was thick, the Skakdi could not light the area easily.Shanrahk, hidden charged from behind and swung his staff at his opponents back.

IC - Nostala - Shadowtangle -- Aggressive Negotiations:Nostala thought for a moment, and then nodded. "I can make this work." She stooped down, getting on one knee; grabbing a nearby stick, she began to draw a rough sketch of the area around the bridge in the dirt - barely visible in what little light was getting through the jungle's canopy, but still visible nonetheless. She picked up several small rocks, and then began to speak. "You all have good points," the Artanian said. "We just need to bring them together into a comprehensive plan of action. We'll need to do this is stages. First off, we need to get as many trees as possible ready to be cut down, in case the negotiations don't work. We'll need to do this quickly; however, with Rynekk's control over Iron, we won't need as many as before. "Now, once that is done, Orssa and I will move in and begin negotiations; we'll mainly serve as a distraction while everyone else moves into position, just in case they don't wish to cooperate. While we talk to them, Kairan, Plagia and Rynekk will move under the bridge -- Kairan can take my Mask of Disguise, as we planned earlier, since they know what he looks like now. If the negotiations don't work -- which you'll know, most likely, by the sounds of another fight -- then you'll know to attack, with Kairan and Plagia electrocuting the fortress while Rynekk attempts to bring it down with his powers. At the same time, Greel and Rocky can begin knocking down trees; with luck, that'll give Orssa and I enough of a distraction to get away from the fight, while also potentially causing damage to both their group and the fortress itself." She paused, having placed all of the stones in their designated positions. "With any luck, it won't come to that; if they're smart, they'll listen and let us pass through, or at least agree to move their base. Although, we need a surefire way to signal each other that doesn't have the potential to backfire; otherwise the possibility remains that the plan could fall apart under our feet. Any questions or ideas?"

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Rynekk - Shadowtangle Rynekk was hesitant to join what seemed like a suicide mission. But, then again, Greel had saved him from that Rock Lion. He was in dept to him, and this seemed fair enough to join. 'Just one question,' he said, before placing his hand in the circle, 'how am I supposed to bring down a fortress?' -Void

Edited by Emissary to the Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Jontan and Rastaque/Shadowtangle\IC: Jontan momentarily put forth extra power into his shell, helping it hold against the tidal wave. He then began chasing after his prey yet again. The sand was not to be deterred, and a few seconds later began to latch onto Reya like claws of a hungry beast. One of these appendages of living sand tried to wrest the cache from her arms. Rastaque was able to stay in the tree when the wave struck it, leaving him above Oura. Thus, the toa felt the need to take advantage of his opponent's predicament and start flinging needles down upon him. OOC: I just realized, Jontan could see what's inside the caches. XD

Trian and Felix/Parched Wastes\IC: Well, this put Felix in a predicament. He was now hurtling toward Sledge. Thankfully, he was able to launch himself over the former slave. OOC: Sorry, can't post anymore.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

-==IC: Kairan/Shadowtangle==- "That sounds good to me." Kairan said with a nod."Just... Be careful; alright?" Kairan asked, as he looked back to where the fight had been taking place."I'm not sure exactly how willing they'll be to listen to things we say, so... Again, just be careful." Kairan said, as he tried to figure out the best thing to disguise himself as, even before they swapped masks.

IC: Shadowtangle Reya, feeling more sand attacking her, summoned Elemental energy. Tentacles of compacted water burst from her back, four in all, two on either side. They wrapped around the sand appendages, and pulled them away from Reya and her cache. She ran forward, the sand claws behind her, and used the tentacles to feel around her surroundings. In this way, Reya could avoid bashing into anymore plants. Though she kept one limb of water facing the faraway sand, just in case it came back at her, which she knew well it probably would. Then she felt it: a source of water up ahead, growing in size as she came closer. It soon became apparent it wasn't a pool, but maybe a lake, or the sea... IC: Shadowtangle Greel turned to Rynekk. ''You could splinter sections of the metal into iron shards, tear parts of it up, crumble it up into large slabs of metallic protodermis and send to the bottom of the chasm.... Things like that.'' he suggested. IC: Parched Wastes Deciding to leave with his new mask and maybe return later, Hexxon turned to teleport away. But just before he did, however, something near the dune's base where Sledge and his partners had previously been caught his attention. An instant later, he appeared at the spot, and picked up the item. It was a staff - Qayzaf's staff - with a Rhotuka launcher built on it. He grinned; the deceased warrior must have dropped it sometime before or after his faded illusion faded. Whichever was the case, the Toa gripped the shaft of his new weapon. It could replace the gauntlet for now... Not wanting to give the others time for another attack, he looked ahead at the spanning desert, and teleported to the farthest spot in his sight, leaving the group beyond the dune far behind. IC: Ashring Vertan heard the scraping of metal upon rock behind him, but it was too late. He felt the Rahkshi's staff smack his spine, and grunted in pain. Turning, he hurled the two charged force bolts at the spot where he knew Shanrahk stood, hoping they would hit. OOC: Last post for now.

Edited by Magnus Greel

-==IC: Kairan/Shadowtangle==- Kairan thought for a moment."What if the supports were damaged? If the iron holding up the fortress was damaged, wouldn't it collapse?" Kairan asked, as an alternative plan.

-==IC: Kairan/Shadowtangle==- "No, no, you misunderstand... I meant the supports of the fortress. Aka, what holds the walls up and such. I mean, if things start to fall apart at the base of the fortress, logically, the rest of the fortress, assuming the parts where the different walls and floors are slightly weakened as well, would just collapse." Kairan explained, hoping that explanation would be better.

-==IC: Kairan/Shadowtangle==- Kairan looked around at the other for a moment, and then explained that part."Which is why some of us are heading over to the bridge while Nostala tries to negotiate." Kairan said, wondering inwardly if Orssa had been paying full attention while Nostala had explained the modified plan.

OOC: It's a case of trying it. Whether it works or not; that's a different question. =P Besides, it's only if the negotiations fail, and since there'll likely be multiple battles between trying to keep the fortress up or destroy it, and attempting to electrify it and also fend off the people defending it... it's not likely this will be as simple as everyone believes in-character. =P -==IC: Kairan/Shadowtangle==- "Should the ones heading to the bridge start to cut the trees down part-way, or can the ones who are staying help with that?" Kairan asked, curious about that before deciding about leaving or not. However, he then turned to Orssa."She said that Rynekk would help try to bring the fortress down. With his help, plus the trees, then we'd do that. The electrifying part is mostly for those who might still be inside." Kairan explained.

Edited by Fullbringer Blade

-==IC: Kairan/Shadowtangle==- "Yeah, I believe we'll be set up in position before you start negotiations. Mostly so that if anything goes south, we can start on the backup plan as fast as we can." Kairan said, and thought for a moment."Hopefully we'll also be able to help with actual combat, but that'd mostly require elemental powers, for the most part." Kairan said as he thought through that part of the plan.

Trian and Felix/Parched Wastes\IC: "Hey! That's our dead body, it's our right to loot it!" Trian yelled after Hexxon. She dropped the body beside Sledge and leaped onto Felix. Taking the cue, the muaka burst into a sprint, racing toward the distant figure of their attacker.

Jontan/Shadowtangle\IC: Jontan wasn't making the sand claw only at Reya from behind. It was forming walls and arms in front of her, trying to slow down her pace. Jontan was now using his shell as a wedge between any water launched at him, steaming on toward his prey. OOC: So, were we able to deactivate the bombs or not? And in that case, were we able to unlock them?

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC - Nostala - Shadowtangle: "I think Kairan explained things well enough," Nostala said. "If you can find some more trees to weaken on your way to the underside of the bridge, that'd be great -- one of us can find them after we meet with these people." She stood up. "If we're all ready, then let's get started." She removed her Mask of Disguise, holding the Miru-shaped mask out to Kairan.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Kairan/Shadowtangle==- Kairan nodded, and removed his Kualsi, and handed it to Nostala, and then accepted the Mask of Disguise, and then put it on. Kairan looked around, and then attempted to shift into different forms of the people around, but while he got the shapes correctly, the mask seemed to not be under his full control, as he always seemed to shift into a variant of that person with his traditional colour scheme."... This... Might take a few seconds to get used to." Kairan said, as he then shifted into a not-so-convincing small tree. OOC: =P Just a little bit of humour. =P

IC: Sledge / Parched Wastes Following the lead of Trian and her pet, Sledge rushed forward. He let the iron fold back off from the gauntlet. What puzzled him was why the gauntlet was of such value to the shepherds; surely they could create more like it! But if they wanted it that bad, why would they retreat... A trap maybe? No, he couldn't remember ever seeing Patronage work together. Or did they? He didn't really know. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC - Nostala - Shadowtangle: "Just try to feel the mask, Kairan," Nostala advised, placing his Kualsi on her face and beginning to move closer to where the bridge was. "It makes it easier to use." She looked around. "Twenty trees should be enough; make sure that they're close enough to hit the fortress once Greel knocks them down."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Kairan/Shadowtangle==- "I don't really know, to be honest." Kairan said, before trying out Nostala's advice, and shifting into a wolf, and suddenly falling to the ground. He then sighed, but nodded, essentially a 'this is good enough, I guess' type of signal. OOC: Let's just hope he's not stuck in that form. =P

IC: Irriane / Stony Leap "Your own fort?" asked Irriane. "This one takes up most of stony leap. There's no way the bridge will be able to hold up another fort!"She nodded her head. "Though you are correct about enemies. They're just at the edge of Shadowtangle. I saw them earlier. I don't know what they want, why they want it, how friendly they are - I don't really know much of anything." IC: Levacius / Tooth Bane Cove "Bah! Who needs forts!" exclaimed Levacius as he placed a rough picture frame in the captains - his, of course - cabin. He frowned. Picture frames typically look better with designs on them. And paintings. He walked out on deck, and announced to the other two, "Well, the Griffon II is almost ready for her maiden voyage. Not too much longer until..." He looked up, and frowned. "Oh, right. Sails. Confound it!" She was a very nice ship. She could probably hold ten crew members of about toa size, along with a good deal of cargo. She had a lower deck and a top deck, with only three rooms in the lower deck, and had a small cabin on the very top for the captain. She would work best with a crew at the oars, but as storms weren't very common here on the island, it was unlikely she would have any difficulties with just the sails (when necessary) and him steering. The sails were already made. They weren't much. He had found a crashed ship on the shoreline with tattered but still functional sails that appeared to be made out of a much larger species cloak. They were far too large for the ship, but they would work. He considered the possibility of that being a shepherds ship. No, they wouldn't crash. He doubted they even used ships! IC: Arillan / Shadowtangle Arillan left the Shadowtangle, coming out hidden. He doubted anyone without perfect eyesight could even see him if they were actively searching that one area. But he was in he perfect position to watch - though he couldn't hear - the transaction about seven five Bio away at Stony Leap.He was waiting for the fighting to start back up. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

-==IC: Kairan/Shadowtangle==- Wolf Kairan simply looked at Orssa, and narrowed his eyes slightly, as he slowly made his way away from the meeting spot. However, he did keep looking back, mostly to check on the others, partially to see if they were following.

IC: Rynekk - Shadowtangle Plagia nodded sprinting into the trees like a deer in pursuit of prey. Rynekk moved over and patted Orssa and Nostala on the backs whispering, 'Good luck,' before he ran for another section of tree. He kept running until he found one that would fit his needs, a tall, thick redwood (or Bionicle equivalent). Rynekk grabbed two good knives and started the long climb. -Void

[ BZPRPG ]

-==IC: Kairan/Shadowtangle==- Kairan followed Plagia for the moment, using the extra two legs he had at his disposal for the moment to keep up speed without as much effort as would normally be required, as he hoped that they would reach the bridge soon, so that they could get into position.

-==IC: Kairan/Shadowtangle?==- Kairan continued to run near Plagia, as he continued to look to either side to make sure that no-one was about to attack them or anything.Faster we can get into position, faster I can hopefully revert to my normal form... Kairan thought, as he continued to run.Though, admittedly, it's not THAT bad... Though obviously I have no access to my weapons until I change back. Kairan mused mentally.

OOC: The bombs were deactivated the moment they met, and unlocked right after that. ;) IC: Shadowtangle Reya's water tentacles brushed up against something grainy up ahead. At her command the appendages lashed out, destroying Jontan's sand wall and claws. She detected a huge amount of water just a little ways before her. She smiled at this; it was good. She could manipulate the water and wash both her enemies away... Only she stopped. If it hadn't been for her tentacles feeling around, Reya would have fallen of the edge of jungle that stood over the sea.... The tentacles gripped the trees behind her, and she looked back. Jontan and Rastaque would chase her all over the island just for a single cache. She looked back down the the splashing waves. Would they follow her even into the sea? Reya decided it would be foolish of them to chase her in an entire enviroment she could control. Holding her cache tightly, she took a deep breath, and dove into the waters. IC: Shadowtangle Greel and Rocky moved into position after watching Kairan's usage of Nostala's mask. He got up onto his steed's back and directed him to a tree close to the fort. In didn't take long, considering the extremely sharp claws Rocky possessed. The tree would only need a good, telekinetic push to fall down. The pair then turned to the tree next to it and began slicing. IC: Parched Wastes Hexxon was too far away to hear Trian shouting her anger at him. He stood before some ruins, his mask having brought him here. The placed looked pretty empty, which was probably made to be. Thanks to his mental probe on the group, he knew there was an oaisis or two located in similar places. Although it did look deserted, the Psionics Toa immediately sensed a presence nearby. Instead of reading this mind, Hexxon teleported into an upstairs room he saw through a window. He stood against a wall and closed his eyes to quickly scan the stranger's mind, collecting information as he did so. OOC: That would be Aderyn, I suppose. IC: Ashring Vertan fired his eyebeams where he heard his enemy crash and grumble. In addition, he began stomping his great foot on the warm ground to keep Shanrahk off balance by shaking the rock.

Edited by Magnus Greel