Mr. Fluffy

Discuss the epic show here, as well as its epic sequel, The Legend of Korra, which is slated to air on April 14, but, as a special treat, has two viewable episodes on its website RIGHT NOW!Don't forget to include spoiler tags if you discuss the new episodes.

Edited by Mr. Fluffy

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

The Last Airbender was nothing short of an amazing series, and I have every expectation that Legend of Korra will be the same. It's already looking really good after only two episodes, and the entire modernized setting is really just fascinating.Also Mako is awesome.

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

I use to watch it but i lost track of it after the first book/season because of unforeseen circumstances. but i do own the whole first season box set. so yeah i use to be a fan but am not now although i do want to watch the live action movie though.

Edited by Voxumo The Frozen One

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I use to watch it but i lost track of it after the first book/season because of unforeseen circumstances. but i do own the whole first season box set. so yeah i use to be a fan but am not now although i do want to watch the live action movie though.

The live-action movie was a disappointment. Some of the hate and controversy it garnered was unwarranted in my opinion, but it still stands that The Last Airbender was a mediocre movie based on an exceptional TV series. I gave the movie the benefit of the doubt for the longest time, since I knew that if it flopped there was little chance of a do-over, but seeing as a sequel is looking like a pipe dream at this point I'd advise you not to waste your money. Do go ahead and watch books 2 and 3 of the original series, though. You won't be disappointed with those.As for Korra, it's looking awesome so far. The first episode had some pacing issues in my opinion, but that's often how first episodes are. Pacing occasionally has to be sacrificed at the expense of establishing the series' setting, characters, and tone. The second episode improved on that a lot, and I expect the rest of the series to be more like that.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Love this series. I looked into the episodes, but it looks like they were taken down. Guess I'll just have to wait a little longer. ^^'As for the movie, I say it wasn't all bad. Did you see the settings? Their interpretation of the Air Temple was pretty amazing! Loved seeing the Northern Water Tribe too. ^^ I also thought Gran Gran's speech in the beginning was an interesting viewpoint as well, though there really was little else to the movie other than pretty scenes and an elderly lady, I'm sorry to say. =/

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

I was put off of Avatar during the last season through a combination of obnoxious fans I had to interact with and timing issues. However, I managed to catch a few here and there, as well as the somewhat ridiculous finale, so I've seen all that's really necessary.Regardless, I watched the two Korra episodes and loved them. Definitely looking forward to the new series. Polar bear dog!And yeah, the live action movie was pretty bad. I still can't quite place my finger on what went wrong, exactly. The acting wasn't super terrible (for kids, anyway), the graphics were pretty great, and the plot was a relatively good condensation of stories. It was just horribly disjointed; nothing looked like it belonged where it did, and it flipflopped between assuming you knew everything about the show and assuming you knew nothing about the show. It didn't even suffer the way M. Night Shyamalan's films usually do, it was just something that was weirdly painful to watch. At this point, I'm willing to just say that it's something that can't transfer over to live action well.

• 3 weeks later...

Two more days! Of course, I've already seen the first episode, but it'll definitely be worth rewatching.

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

I've been watching a few of the extras episodes. Love the humor in them (or maybe it's just because I love lame humor XP). My word do I love the last season. The Puppet Master was a great episode. ^^ You know, looking at the extras, I'm amazed at how much research must've gone into the show. 'Tis quite epic...

Saw the premiere, wasn't a single bit less awesome even if I'd already seen it.Though there was a pretty long "In this season" teaser at the end and it was too much awesome to handle. I am looking forward to this even more than I already was, which is saying a lot.

AXKP5KC.png

Have the first 2 episodes on my iPod. We could not have asked for the personality of a better Avatar. After seeing it, I instantly wanted to become an air-bending pro-bender, even if it wouldn't be canon :(

The Old King is dead long live the King

Dragon types will rule

PM me if you have Pokemon White

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are of the remaining 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.

Oh my... My love... All of it to Legend of Korra!I love the character options (Tenzin's children provide some pretty nice comedy as well as help keep things light hearted). Seeing Katara was great! The writers are totally evil for mentioning Ursa like that... >> I like Korra's personality. She really seems to foil Aang quite a bit, and yet they're pretty similar (which makes sense seeing as they're the same person. XP). She seems to love to fight and be active as opposed to Aang who was much more pacifist in his methods. It's crazy to see industrialization in the Avatar world and it really makes you wonder where the Avatar will fit into everything (which I'm guessing is one of the main points of the series). Airbending training. My gosh, I love seeing this unfold. The one element we've seen nothing of and now we're getting more in-depth. It's great! (Plus the leaf in the wind training is a really cool concept). Nagga. Need I say more? Toph had children... With who?! D= I wonder if we'll find out anything about Sokka and Suki? Then there's Azula, Ty Lee and Zuko and Mai that you have to wonder about. It'll be interesting to see if the writers have anything in store for us on that front.Plus, the chase music and training music is pretty sweet! (Sorry, I'm really nerding out about this. XP)

Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Gales

*snipped because too awesome* I love this show already.

I watched the first two episodes again last night and I screen capped that exact scene without seeing you had done it already because that is my favorite sequence of images from ever.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I don't think Amon is a bender per se. I think he may just block people's chakras or something. Or wait is that just an Avatar State thing?Speaking of which I can't WAIT to see Korra in the Avatar State. She'd tear things up. More than she does already, i mean.

OpAXNpl.jpg

From what I understood, he's using what Ty Lee's methods of chi blocking.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I figured that was more of a bluff than anything else.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

New episode. Oh my Celestia, I love this series more than ponies. It's on par with Guitar Ninjas right now. XD Not bad considering it's only three episodes in. ^^

Mako can bend lightning?! YEEEESSSSSS! 8D Awesomeness! The thing about Amon's ability to block chi... It didn't look like he was energybending (that's a skill only an avatar can master as confirmed by the extras in the last season by the creators). It didn't look too much like Ty Lee's chi-blocking methods either. Still, take notice of where he placed his hands; the head, the same area Aang placed his when he took away the firelord's energy. Remember what that chakra was when the guru explained it to Aang? That chakra on the head dealt with connection to the energy of the cosmos. In other words, if you block that chakra, you block that person's bending. It's just a theory, but I think it has something to do with that. It's a sort of spiritual knowledge combined with Ty Lee's chi-blocking attack style, or so I think. That makes the most logical sense to me anyway. Is it really permanent? I'd think so, as Aang had his final chakra locked before. To an avatar, that meant he couldn't go into the avatar state. To a bender, it might totally block their bending. That's why I'm interested to see if his technique would actually work on Korra in that it would block her bending. After all, she is no ordinary bender and her spiritual connection to the universe is vast. Makorra. I am excite. =3 Also, Bolin is a great character. XD

Is anyone else getting Fullmetal Alchemist: Broherhood vibes from Legend of Korra? It's nice to anime-inspired western cartoon that's not really obnoxious looking, as must stuff like that makes me want to gauge out my eyeballs.I need to find time to watch the first show sometime.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m02femJhDp1rptk5lo1_1280.jpgYou might enjoy this, then. Both of the creators are fans of the show now, and this sketch was actually made by one of them. I'm hoping there'll be some sort of shoutout in a later episode.

fjRqLk4.jpg

This episode was great. We learned more about the culture of Republic City, and we also got to see Amon's frightening power.

Edited by Mr. Fluffy

Love both shows-- great executions of non-Western based fantasy with original characters, great action and amazin animation.

New episode. Oh my Celestia, I love this series more than ponies. It's on par with Guitar Ninjas right now. XD Not bad considering it's only three episodes in. ^^

Mako can bend lightning?! YEEEESSSSSS! 8D Awesomeness! The thing about Amon's ability to block chi... It didn't look like he was energybending (that's a skill only an avatar can master as confirmed by the extras in the last season by the creators). It didn't look too much like Ty Lee's chi-blocking methods either. Still, take notice of where he placed his hands; the head, the same area Aang placed his when he took away the firelord's energy. Remember what that chakra was when the guru explained it to Aang? That chakra on the head dealt with connection to the energy of the cosmos. In other words, if you block that chakra, you block that person's bending. It's just a theory, but I think it has something to do with that. It's a sort of spiritual knowledge combined with Ty Lee's chi-blocking attack style, or so I think. That makes the most logical sense to me anyway. Is it really permanent? I'd think so, as Aang had his final chakra locked before. To an avatar, that meant he couldn't go into the avatar state. To a bender, it might totally block their bending. That's why I'm interested to see if his technique would actually work on Korra in that it would block her bending. After all, she is no ordinary bender and her spiritual connection to the universe is vast. Makorra. I am excite. =3 Also, Bolin is a great character. XD

The chakra thing was totally my guess. I thought if he was an "energy bender" that there would be some kind of light show like when Aang took away Ozai's bending, but it seemed to be more of a physical blocking.What got me the most about Amon's speech was that he claims to have talked to the spirits-- do you guys think he's telling the truth? 'Cause right after he said that, I kept trying to think of what spirits would he have talked to. Eh, maybe I'm taking his words way too seriously....And anyone else notice that Mako's story is almost the same as Bruce Wayne's? Just sayin'...

"Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus."

Love both shows-- great executions of non-Western based fantasy with original characters, great action and amazin animation.

The chakra thing was totally my guess. I thought if he was an "energy bender" that there would be some kind of light show like when Aang took away Ozai's bending, but it seemed to be more of a physical blocking.What got me the most about Amon's speech was that he claims to have talked to the spirits-- do you guys think he's telling the truth? 'Cause right after he said that, I kept trying to think of what spirits would he have talked to. Eh, maybe I'm taking his words way too seriously....And anyone else notice that Mako's story is almost the same as Bruce Wayne's? Just sayin'...

This is completely SPIRIT's idea and not mine:He could have talked to Koh. That would explain his missing face, meaning he lied about it being burned off. And since spirits can do all sorts of bending, it just might be possible Koh taught him how to energybend.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

This is completely SPIRIT's idea and not mine:He could have talked to Koh. That would explain his missing face, meaning he lied about it being burned off. And since spirits can do all sorts of bending, it just might be possible Koh taught him how to energybend.

~|ET|~

Well, he wouldn't be lying. He never said his face was burned off specifically, he just said the Firebender "took his face". So yeah, I'm thinking it's pretty likely we'll be seeing Koh again.

fjRqLk4.jpg

A couple of my friends thought Koh might show up too. But I think they thought Amon was Koh.. I'm not completely sure... Anyways, him talking to Koh would make sense.. But if Koh did steal his face, how would he have eyes to see and a mouth to breath? Because, you could actually see his eyes. Personally, I kind of hope we don't see Koh again.. He was a bit creepy. Then again.. What other spirits could he have talked to?Anyways... Bolin was HILAROUS in that episode. He's earned a spot as (I think..) my favorite character.

http://28.media.tumb...tk5lo1_1280.jpgYou might enjoy this, then. Both of the creators are fans of the show now, and this sketch was actually made by one of them. I'm hoping there'll be some sort of shoutout in a later episode.

I actually would had been more surprised if the creators weren't fans of Fullmetal Alchemist. The shows are so similar in setting and art style. . .

~|ET|~

I considered that-- it's just that I never saw Koh as being especially malevolent as much Chaotic Neutral. He steals the face of a loved one of a past Avatar because the Avatar wasn't doing his job-- so I don't think he would really throw the world that much out of balance by taking on Amon as a student. I'm not ruling him out, but I don't know if he'd really have anything in for the world or benders.The only other spirit I could think of that would have something against the world was that owl-- I imagined he's quite ticked after being buried alive... I mean, that guess a bit out there, but it's what I came up with.

My current wackjob theory is that Aang actually taught Amon how to energybend from the Spirit World, as part of a huge Xanatos Gambit to further unite Republic City. Alternatively, he taught Amon this but Amon had other plans. I'm also positive Amon's given backstory is fabricated, and his identity is going to end up being a Big Reveal of some sort.The Koh thing probably makes a bit more sense, but Amon clearly still has eyes (and can speak), rather than the blank slab of flesh that appears to be the result of a Koh face-stealing.Or he just faked it, which is admittedly a bit less interesting.

Anyway, this show is freakin' great. Easily just as good as its predecessor, even just three episodes in.

I still doubt it's energy bending. Though, Koh is an interesting idea. I wonder what would happen if you went to Koh wearing a mask? XP

Anyway, let's get to the important stuff now.Toph had at least one child. BUT WITH WHO?! Ugh, it's been driving me crazy. And what about Sokka?! Did he have children? Knowing his luck, they'd be benders. XD Also, anyone else notice how Mako and Amon have pretty much the same backstory? That's gonna be interesting.

And the twist is; Amon is Mako's father! BUM BUM BUUUM! XP

That latest episode had positively epic music. Hopefully we can get a soundtrack to the series, but I'm not holding my breath. Also, it seems that rather than the "Previously on Avatar" segments, recaps are being done in the style of old newsreels, which is incredible.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

That latest episode had positively epic music. Hopefully we can get a soundtrack to the series, but I'm not holding my breath. Also, it seems that rather than the "Previously on Avatar" segments, recaps are being done in the style of old newsreels, which is incredible.

I believe there's some kind of sweepstakes on the offical social network page or something on getting the music.

Here's an idea that I've been mulling over regarding Amon.

Assuming it isn't some sort of advanced chi blocking method that takes longer to wear off (the head is where the spirit chakra is, so maybe that?), it is possible Amon isn't lying at all. A firebender could of burned his face, and he could of been granted to it by spirits who think that the world has been pushed into disarray by benders. Keep in mind the hundred year war that happened because of Aang running away. While in the previous show the spirits didn't seem to have anything against Aang, they could of mulled it over after he restored balance to the world. Seems like a bit of a long shot, but the spirits could of decided that bending has brought the world too much suffering.Also keep in mind the current state of the world, which may of influenced the spirits. Benders are much like a noble class; while Mako and Bolin are an obvious example of not all benders being high up, note that all the mobsters we've seen are benders. Note that the elite police are benders. There are the occasional people while Mako and Bolin who aren't so lucky, but in general it seems that benders are in fact on a higher step than the normal population. If the spirits saw that, and combined it with the fact that the Fire Nation had used bending to conquer the world a mere seventy years ago... they could draw the conclusion that the era of benders was over. Keep in mind that in the previous series, benders and normals were pretty well balanced. Being a bender didn't really give you special treatment from what we saw of the characters. So yeah. It is entirely possible that Amon is telling the truth when the spirits gave him energy bending abilities to begin a new era where bending was no more. What I want to know, personally, is how this would effect the Avatar. As per the Lion Turtle, we know there was a time before the Avatar was around, when everyone used energy bending. Would that period re-emerge, the cycle of the Avatar coming to an end?Also keep in mind the technological advancement that could come from this; while Aang and Zuko have obviously done a great job moving the technology level forward, the world seems to of been stagnant for thousands of years, if the hundreds of Avatar statues we see in the first few episodes of the last series says anything. In a world without bending, people would be forced to actually make technology to solve their problems. That could be another reasons for the spirits getting involved.TL;DR Amon may be speaking the truth in every which way.Alternative version; some of the more malicious spirits are using Amon to bring chaos. While we haven't seen any inherently 'bad' spirits, we do know they can hold grudges. It's possible Aang ticked some of them off after the first series ended, and this is their way of getting back at the Avatar, as to them they don't see the Avatar as being different people but the same spirit inhabiting different bodies.

voidstars.png