Official Transformers Topic

Stryker055

^ Another continuity?

WFC/FOC is pretty much the dark, gritty reboot of G1 the older fans have been aching for. The story is dark and unapologetic. The character designs are, for a lack of a better term, boxy and industrial. Exposed, moving equipment, rusty features. The whole thing looks like it was designed by IDW. I'm waiting to be assaulted by Furmanisms at any point.Prime is definitely a dark cartoon, especially considering it follows Animated, and for goodness sakes zombie Cliffjumper. But most of the episodes are still met with a light-hearted "family overcomes all" theme, which is okay because it's a Saturday morning cartoon. All the character designs are sleek, and clean. It's a bizarre blend of Movie and Animated designs.Hasbro can keep trying to connect them, but I see no way that it can work together. They're much stronger as separate continuities, I think, than hastily cobbled together after-the-fact./Rant.
Yeah, that is a good argument. I just hope they link it well together primarily for the reason they had already established this as a combined Aligned continuity, the more they distance both, the more confusing it may become. Although I do see it working the other way, just my preferences.Maybe Starscream will return LIKE A VAST, PREDATORY BIRD.

But why remove Arcee? And I hope the FOC tries to link with Prime better, considering the many loopholes within this awesome albeit "muddled" continuity. WFC Sideswipe was really reminiscent of his G1 self, but a bit sad his bro Sunstreaker didn't appear.

That might explain why they cut Arcee. In their interview with GameInformer, High Moon said that she was cut because of how much work it would be to rig her character or suchmuch. If they were trying to make her look like she does in Prime, that might explain it.(Though I still say it fails; she and Slipstream are my favorite chassis-models/Escalation characters in WFC.)-Inferna
Slipstream looked quite good in WFC and Animated as well. And I do see their point about cutting out Arcee...maybe they will retcon her as being a low-level Scout at the time or something.
  • Upvote 1

GT: Voyagerin

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

Maybe Starscream will return LIKE A VAST, PREDATORY BIRD.

If Starscream comes back, THEN WHAT CHANCE DO WE HAVE?I enjoy Prime's look, it's just the perfect combination you can get of move/animated/G1. Although, Starscream and Soundwave are a bit too spindly for my tastes. I enjoy the characters themselves, but the looks... And Cliffjumper, well, HE NEVER DID WANT TO LIVE FOREVER.MTL

Maybe Starscream will return LIKE A VAST, PREDATORY BIRD.

If Starscream comes back, THEN WHAT CHANCE DO WE HAVE?I enjoy Prime's look, it's just the perfect combination you can get of move/animated/G1. Although, Starscream and Soundwave are a bit too spindly for my tastes. I enjoy the characters themselves, but the looks... And Cliffjumper, well, HE NEVER DID WANT TO LIVE FOREVER.MTL
Oh, that Starscream. I wonder WHAT HE'S PLAYING AT? There's a lot of speculation that he might get an upgrade of some sort, and if he gets that kind of POWER BEYOND MEASURE, WHAT CHANCE WOULD ANYONE HAVE? Though it would be neat if he came back all powered up, and Megatron simply gives him a SHORT, SHARP LESSON and BRING HIM DOWN TO EARTH, LITERALLY into a WHOLE WORLD OF PAIN. Or it could end up similar to Animated- IT NEVER ENDS.It is a shame about Cliffjumper. I guess in the end he was just a SURPLUS TO REQUIREMENTS. He was a cool character and all, but he's WELL AND TRULY dead.That's a lot of Furmanisms. But considering the last two posts, CAN I DO NO LESS? Of ALL THE DIRTY JOBS... Anyway, it's TIME I WASN'T HERE. This post is OVER, FINISHED.

I believe this IS OVER -- FINISHED! It is high TIME I WASN'T HERE!

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

Primus, what have I unleashed...

I CANNOT, WILL NOT, keep doing this, it will get old real quickly. IT IS OVER- FINISHED! We should stop, or the pizza I had today will be THE WORST CASE OF INDIGESTION I'VE EVER HAD.:PAnyways, has anyone seen the new TF Prime voyager Optimus Prime? It WELL AND TRULY may be the greatest Voyager Prime ever; Almost no kibble, completly show accurate, has his blaster and sword, is taller than the deluxe and has the msot epic herioc pose ever. I mean, the deluxe one was SURPLUS TO REQUIREMENTS, but the voyager one is completely and utterly amazing.I'd post a link, but the site as forums, so if I linked to it I may WELL AND TRULY DIE SCREAMING. (that was a double one there). But still, it's amazing looking. Awesome even. I don't even know how I can explain... describing such awesome would be more trouble than ALL THE DIRTY JOBS.That's gonna get old real fast...MTL

• 2 weeks later...

TFP Bumblebee is mine! All mine!Good toy. My only complaints are the legs (too short) and wings (don't stick out all that well. Need to be angled up). But still a good toy.He was the only Prime toy there was at TRU, so I snagged him in a jiffy.On topic of Furmanisms, I couldn't help myself, but I used one on a worksheet of mine. One of the characters in the book was being compared to a bird.Q: What was the character being compared to?A: Some sort of VAST, PREDATORY BIRD.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Up to Cybertron and Alternators/Classics, it was cool. Animated is too kiddie. The CGI movies are bad, I'd prefer G1-style movies and animation. And not so much focus and alliances with humans.

I do agree with this man's opinion on the movies. They are a nightmare I'd prefer forgotten.

Just got TFP Screamer. Very nice figure. Much better than BB. My only complaint is the undercarriage in jet mode. But other than that, he's great.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the date and location for next year's Botcon have been announced. And not only is Dallas not anywhere I could get to (if only my uncle hadn't moved back from there this summer...), but it's at the end of April!? That's seriously horrible timing. It's way too soon for a lot of people to take off, and it makes it difficult for those of us still in any form of school to attend (especially college, thanks to finals). Ugh.I didn't care last year because the giftset was bleh, but this year's might actually be really, really good - and CHUG inspired, if using Laser Prime in teasers has any real meaning.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

• 2 weeks later...

ME ME ME ME METhat is the best video game trailer I've seen in a long time. Sure it has little to no indication on the actual game's quality, but it did do its job of getting me excited. Optimus carrying Bumblebee through the battlefield with that awesome song in the background is jsut an epic scene.

ME ME ME ME METhat is the best video game trailer I've seen in a long time. Sure it has little to no indication on the actual game's quality, but it did do its job of getting me excited. Optimus carrying Bumblebee through the battlefield with that awesome song in the background is jsut an epic scene.

YESI'm officially counting the days until Fall of Cybertron comes out. Incidentally, does anyone know who that song's by?-Inferna

The Humbling River by Puscifer.I looked it up and downloaded it right after watching the trailer.

Thanks! =D *adds to her iTunes wish list*Any characters people are hoping will show up in FoC? I've got my fingers crossed that Slipstream and Soundwave's cassetes come back for the campaign.-Inferna Edited by Inferna Firesword

It's been confirmed that all 5 original Dinobots will be in FOC (Although not necessarily that they will all be playable)

Good enough for me! I hope they'll be a big ol' battle between huge amounts of Autobots and Decepticons (I was very close to writing Autotoabots and Deceptiktua there) at some point. I know it would probably be lag-tastic, but it would still be fun.Also, in Dark of the Moon, when Sentinel betrays the Autobots, and says "he had to make an alliance with Megatron", how come Ironhide couldn't bother to turn around? Or notice that Sentinel just said he's betrayed them? I'm pretty sure everybody though Ironhide was awesome and didn't get nearly enough screen time, and I myself am no different there. I wish he had gone out better :(I also noticed that when Optimus goes to Chernobyl, Ratchet is seen following him, but doesn't appear after that. I enjoyed Dark of the Moon, but little things like that ruin it just a little bit for me.MTL

Also, in Dark of the Moon, when Sentinel betrays the Autobots, and says "he had to make an alliance with Megatron", how come Ironhide couldn't bother to turn around? Or notice that Sentinel just said he's betrayed them? I'm pretty sure everybody though Ironhide was awesome and didn't get nearly enough screen time, and I myself am no different there. I wish he had gone out better :(

Not only is Ironhide a pretty old guy and may not move as quickly as he used to (he never was dynamic in any of the films), but there was maybe 2 seconds between Sentinel's "WITH MEGATRON" and him blowing his chest out. It's like saying a person could have dodged a bullet after he heard the click of the gun.I'm loving the Combaticons in FOC. As for my hopes, I'm hoping for Triple-Changers. Springer and Blitzwing, please.

Also, in Dark of the Moon, when Sentinel betrays the Autobots, and says "he had to make an alliance with Megatron", how come Ironhide couldn't bother to turn around? Or notice that Sentinel just said he's betrayed them? I'm pretty sure everybody though Ironhide was awesome and didn't get nearly enough screen time, and I myself am no different there. I wish he had gone out better :(

Not only is Ironhide a pretty old guy and may not move as quickly as he used to (he never was dynamic in any of the films), but there was maybe 2 seconds between Sentinel's "WITH MEGATRON" and him blowing his chest out. It's like saying a person could have dodged a bullet after he heard the click of the gun.I'm loving the Combaticons in FOC. As for my hopes, I'm hoping for Triple-Changers. Springer and Blitzwing, please.
Yes Ironhide was! In the first movie, in epic-slow motion, he transforms and dodges Brawl's rockets, double helixes over a screaming woman and dose more stuff.And I'm prettysure the words "alliance with Megatron" would sort've instantly trigger a "Say what?" in your head, and atleast look at him. Although I will admit it was a pretty quick piece of time between "With Megatron" and Ironhide getting his chest shot out, I still expected more him.If Blitzwing dose end up in FOC, do you think he'll be like TFA Blitzwing (ze itzy bitzy spider) or G1 Blitzwing? I'm hoping for TFA, although I really can't see how that would fit in with FOC...MTL

I'd rather have a more G1 style Blitzy. Mainly because I don't feel the TFA personality would fit the game.Speaking of Triple Changers and FOC, how would the transform work? There's only one button for the transformation, so how could you become the other vehicle? There'd have to be another button. Then again, a Triple Changer would be pretty powerful on their own, so perhaps they could sacrifice one of the special ability buttons for the button to change into the third mode.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Okay, seemingly random question. I got a dotm arcee and can't for anything its worth figure out the left shoulder. Help?

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Okay, seemingly random question. I got a dotm arcee and can't for anything its worth figure out the left shoulder. Help?

I don't have it myself, so I can't offer direct help... But I'm sure there's a good video review out there for it that should be able to help you.----Well I don't think I'll be getting this year's BotCon box set either. While some of the characters excited me, the Overlord is just so underwhelming. The tank mode's perfect, and I'm not even going to say a word about the head after seeing how he was drawn in the IDW comics. However, the robot mode just does not work for me for his character. It was too character-specific to begin with.So unless Metalhawk blows me away, looks like I'll be saving a good deal of money.Still upset Laser Prime's being used for SG Magnus instead of Scourge... I actually like Shattered Glass and would like finally having some figures for it, but was still hoping for a Scourge out of it.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Ugh, Overlord is a huge letdown. I know they had limited choices (Cybertron Megatron would have been PERFECT), but they could have at least made the head match the body. Skeletal, movie-ish aesthetic body with a chubby, smooth G1 head does not work. Even if they were going for the LSOTW look, the face is still too fat and the eyes are too small. The gummy purple swords don't work, either.I will admit that the tank mode is rather nice, and the colors do work. Certainly (hopefully) not the highlight of this year's set, I suppose. As long as they don't use Thunderwing for Metalhawk, though I'm near-certain they will. Still got Soundwave to look forward to.

Still upset Laser Prime's being used for SG Magnus instead of Scourge... I actually like Shattered Glass and would like finally having some figures for it, but was still hoping for a Scourge out of it.

Keep in mind that we still have the freebies and other figures, so Scourge (or a similar stand-in) isn't unlikely. However, I would much rather wait for a Hasbro/Takara release than an exclusive Botcon release. I adore the Laser Prime mold, and might track down SG UM eventually. For now, I'm just waiting on the United version I won from Optibotimus and the Battle Tanker add-on.

From the list, it looked like Overlord was supposed to be the highlight of the set, though. :PAnd I'm fully expecting a Thunderwing redeco for Metalhawk.Also think the Perceptor mold (especially since I never found Perceptor...) would have been perfect for Soundwave after all the customs I've seen of it, but that's the Ironhide/Ratchet mold. Bleh.And you're right about the other figures, but then I'll have to be getting those second hand instead of buying directly, so they'll be even more expensive and beeeetter be worth it. :P~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

I read the game informer article for FOC, and apparently your multiplayer characters are customizable to the point where your choice of feet affects how they play. That sounds awesome.

I know, right? And if feet can affect it, I can only imagine what their voice would do. =D-Inferna

Feet? Huh. Maybe it could affect the noise and speed of how you move. So even if FOC is just a carbon-copy of WFC, but with new levels, models, maps, etc. and the customization, but keeping the basic mechanics the same, I'd be satisfied. That's not to say I want (and, quite frankly, expect) changes and improvements to the gameplay mechanics, though.

Hmmm. Maybe I should get live then...I'm too excited for FOC. It's just gonna be awesome. Too awesome. Although I hope guns don't run out of ammo in it..MTL