Concerning Av-Matoran Becoming Toa.

Another question would be if Takanuva is more powerful than a Toa Nuva.

It's been confirmed from the canon sources before - Takanuva is no more powerful that the Nuva, though his armor and name confused the heck out of pretty much everybody.
If he's not more powerful, is he on the same level as a Nuva or a regular Toa?

AΨ 94

Same level as a regular Toa.

So he defeated Makuta because he was a ToL, and Light is his fatal weakness?
Really, Makuta already planned on being defeated. However, he did not plan for Takanuva to actually be formed, as well as the crushing of his armor.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Really, Makuta already planned on being defeated. However, he did not plan for Takanuva to actually be formed, as well as the crushing of his armor.
Forgive me, I never knew the details of Teridax's plan, just the gist of it. Did you mean Takanuva or Takutanuva?

AΨ 94

Forgive me, I never knew the details of Teridax's plan, just the gist of it. Did you mean Takanuva or Takutanuva?
Both, really. He planned on the Rahkshi taking the Mask of Light, and then fighting and "losing" to the Toa Nuva. He didn't want either to be formed.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 3 weeks later...

Av-Matoran for all intents and purposes sort of seem like the Ubermensch of matoran, they can disguise themselves as other elemental types of matoran and actually can use their elemental powers as a means of defending themselves. They are also the only matoran who can grant powers to someone they "ride" on. At least this was last I checked.It is true that Light is a good counter to the common shadow enemies that have appeared (such as being able to one-shot a rahkshi), I also wonder about what was said earlier about them being more likely to be toa, assuming this is true, then I wonder if that is because of some sort of higher-up favoratism, though that is only speculation. However I would think that a toa of Ice would be a good match for a light being, considering they can reflect things, to name an example.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't think that other Av-matoran becoming Toa would possess the same amount of power as Takanuva, unless they were to don the Mask of Light. I figured that Takanuva's power came from his Mask power as well as his elemental power. Don't hold me to that, though. I assume that, if trained to a high enough standard, Takanuva or any other Toa of Light could eventually master shadow, even without a shadow leech mutation. As the alternate Teridax said," What is Shadow but the absence of Light?"

Edited by darkslizer

The_Brotherhood_of_Makuta_by_Arzeron.jpg

Comply. Create. Consume.

Takanuva is very powerful, but he is not a Toa Nuva, as per his power status, but rather an honorary member of their Toa Team. And a Toa of Light, not that there are any others in the storyline, would be just as "powerful" as any other Toa. I don't know if Takanuva is more powerful due to how he came to be a Toa, but maybe it just seems that way because he's...shinier??? :P

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Yeah. And the Great Plan had planned defeats, or "setbacks" in it for his pawns to be able to move into their places, and likely had enough elbow room to allow for unplanned ones. But, even in a match that was not basically fixed from the beginning, Takanuva's Light power, even as a regular Toa, would likely have been much more difficult to deal with for him than another element.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012