Alien Conquest

avmatoran

IC: Cer looked up at the being who had just landed on top of her UFO. "Zaxis, you can send me some backup. I'm in an abandoned building right next to Armory Alpha." Dr. Cyborg blasted a shot at Cer. Cer rolled out of the way. "No, scratch that. Monitor my vitals through the suit control. If I'm killed, kill both the prisoner in Holding Cell B and Vigil." Cer dodged another shot. " If I live, kill Vigil anyway. No, scratch that. Don't kill Vigil. Torture him. Make him suffer. But do kill the prisoner in holding cell B. Drop him out of the sky or something." Cer turned off the radio. Cer ducked another shot. She leaped backwards onto a girder, ready to jump into a kick...

Edited by fishers64

NPC: Zaxis 13 4/5

Zaxis pressed a button to send a cyborg to Certorca. He said, "I will leave torture and killing to Hirion. He has always had a ... knack for that sort of thing." He got up, and walked to Vigil's cell. He stood in front and said, "Are there any secrets you would like to tell us before we kill you? If you tell us, your death will be less painful. Maybe we will even keep you alive, just badly injured." Zaxis knew the simplest kind of torture was psychological.

IC: Hirion

Hirion fired lasers at the Intercepters and looked down. The aliens had taken over the street and were defending one end from ADU. Hirion fired some missiles off at the remaining jets and flew back to the mothership. He landed and started to walk when he heard, "Hirion, this is Zaxis. I need your help in prisoner disposal and interrogation." Hirion walked to Cell B for the disposal and fired a stun ray at the prisoner. He said, "Put him in the best Trooper disguise we have. Make sure he can't speak with it on, and send him into the front lines." He then walked to Cell C, leaned up against the wall and watched Zaxis.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Blaze (Street)

The ADU soldier was in the middle of the frey, taking down aliens with both his fists and his blaster.

Warning: Cloak at 10% Power Level. Estimated time remaining until cloak breakdown is 3 minutes.

"Curses."

With a shrug, he flew upwards and landed on the bottom of a passing UFO. He climbed to the top half, kicked the driver out (He fell.) and settled for just hovering the thing while he sapped energy from it. Blaze sent out a radio message as he did so, just in case.

"Hey, to all defenders: Don't shoot at the hovering-in-midair UFO that's not doing anything. I'm pulling energy from it, k?"

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC:

Vigil looked at the alien and calmly said "Death does not scare me, and you are a fool to believe that torture will work, some of us are willing to sacrifice, everything and anything to achieve victory, and I clearly see that you aliens lack the conviction to win, your people do not fight in their home turf, to you, this is just another planet to conquer, to us, this is our home, our land, and we will fight to the last one to keep it that way, even if we do not drive you off the planet, we will not let you have it, either way, your people have already lost, the question now is how many will die on this planet because of this war."

Hirion said, "Permission to interrogate with tactic #1345?" Zaxis nodded his head and Hirion opened the cell door. He pulled out the laser rifle and checked it was on Stun. He said, "Maybe you don't fear death. But there is something we can use to interrogate you." He fired the gun at Vigil and said to Zaxis, "Do you have one in your room?" Zaxis said, "Yeah, let me go get you it." The duo left and Zaxis entered his room and came out with a large, bulky collar and a remote with a couple of different colored buttons. He handed them to Hirion and Hirion went back to Cell C. He put the collar on Vigil and left the cell, closing it. He pressed the green button on the remote and Vigil jerked back up. Hirion said, "Did that hurt? Well, it should have. That collar is linked to it's wearer's nerves. When I press different colored buttons, it caused different levels of pain in your mind. It goes from green to yellow to orange to red. Shall we test it on red?"

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Cer leaped up, grabbed a hole in the ceiling, and kicked Dr. Cyborg in the chest, knocking him backward and off the UFO, then she crashed to the floor amid a shower of plaster. Got up, breathing hard, holding on to the bottom of the UFO deck. Realized how vulnerable that position was. Climbed into the UFO. Saw Dr. Cyborg, still clinging to the side of the craft. Winced.

IC:Vigil looked at the alien that was attempting to torture him for information, attempting, Vigil knew that he would sooner die then give anything to the aliens that they can use, Vigil then thought of a plan, he would submit to the torture, let them torture him for a while, after that, Vigil would pretend to break, he would give the aliens information, but who said the information had to be truthful, he would send the aliens to his death, he would make them suffer casualties, they will not win this war. Vigil spitted at the alien and said in a defiant tone, "Do your worst."

Hirion pressed a few buttons on the keypad. Cell C was know on maximum security. There was one way out, the energy wall/door. If Vigil got close to it, he would get a blast from his collar equivalent to a red. Hirion then grabbed a radio and said into it, "I want three Troopers to guard Cell C. I also want to install a lie detector onto the prisoners collar." Hirion then turned to Vigil and said, "Just making sure you don't try anything funny. Now, I will 'Do my worst.'" Hirion looked at the red button. He had absorbed memories of people who had been hit by a red shock. It was the most excruciating thing that could happen to someone. It was pure pain. He shuddered to remember the events. He pressed the remote's red button.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Blaze (Atop a UFO)

"do do do dootdoot do do dooooo, do do do do doot! dododododo do do do doda do do doooo doot! da do do do. do. do do do."

He's perfectly normal, alright.

Cloak Power Level at 100%. Stop Charging Y/N?

"Yes."

The suit was charged, and this UFO had served its purpose. Blaze decided to make good use of it, however.

"I've always wanted to go UFBowling." Blaze commented, watching the UFO roll down the street, aliens scrambling to get out of the way.

OOC: BTW, Blaze is 'singing' the Jeopardy theme. Bet you didn't realize that, and just thought he was crazy. ;)

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

Vigil spasmed in pain and tried to pull the collar off him. Hirion looked at him, and suddenly, something struck him. He turned to the three troopers near the cell and said to the, "Torture him. This time, we are not trying to extract information."

Minutes later, Hirion stood in the hangar of the mothership. He climbed into a Small UFO, and flew out of the hangar bay. Following him were several other UFOs. The squadron spread out, and Hirion started flying ADU troopers and abducting them.

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Cer turned and yelled through her open cockpit door. "So long, fearless leader. But for every alien that is killed, Special Operative Vigil will suffer!"

She slammed the door shut and hit the accelerator. Turned the ship intangible and shot through a girder. Dr. Cyborg was no longer attached to the ship. She didn't know if she had hit him off or he had jumped off willingly, but the odd chain of events had ensured Cer's message was delivered anyway.

Still, a planted wire would be useful. Cer swerved around to a nearby building, staying in her ship this time. If getting into Armory Alpha was hard last time, this time it would be even more difficult. The cannons - and then there was Dr. Cyborg, somewhere nearby. Cer scratched her head. She had made a pretty serious error, now that she thought about it...

IC: Blaze (Street)

As of right now, Hirion's first target was in the middle of the battle, helping to turn the tide for the humans. Not without cost, though. He had taken more than a few hits, most absorbed by the shields, but one got through to his left wrist. It stung like a foot-long bumblebee sting, but he had no time to worry about flesh wounds. There were aliens to be crushed!

(Reality: He's exausted, left hand is out of usage, and his shields are at about 37% for a power level.)

"Let's see.. I've done bowling, baseball, soccer, golf, and tennis.. what now... Oh! How about some shuffleboard!"

Being himself, the ADU proceded to break off a leg of an already-crashed Tripod Walker, and used it to send the Walker's body sliding down the street, aided by his jetpack and increased strength.

"Dang it. Out of bounds."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

OOC: Wait WHAT?! Aliens can just extract memories, is that not a tad bit unfair? And if you intended to use EMP, I believe that that would have been thought of too, and the suits would not be disabled that easily, also how did you located each of the remaining suits?

Edited by Nanosuit User

OOC:Thank you, Nanosuit User. TITAN suits are EMP-hardened, so that is useless. Also, I just realized the connotations of Clingers having free access to memories, so here's a handwave. ADU operatives are trained to lock down their memories, so that Clingers can't get to them. It has to do with extreme mental training and stuff. As to why they did, Dr. Cyborg designed training for all levels of possibilities, from the likely, to the extremely unlikely possibilities from bad sci-fi movies. It's called Crazy Prepared. Finally, Vigil knows nothing of the radio operation. He knows a little bit about the mechanics of the suits, as they all do so they can carry out repairs, but they don't know much about the electronics yet. Long story short, he doesn't know enough to allow them to build a locator. Sorry to burst your bubble so late, but I hadn't looked at this topic in a few days.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

OOC:

Okay, I have changed my post, but could we turn any ADU operative to only senior/elite ones? 'Cause Hirion has been stealing memories all over the past few pages, and one of his abilities I specifically specified in my character sheet was the ability to do just this, so to just nullify if would be to remove his only special skill of any sort. Also, I presume there aren't any civilians in the city anymore, right?

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC:Well, what I was thinking is that the ones in the field would have that training, but scientists and stuff - the ones expected to stay behind wouldn't have that training. For the most part, a few might remain, hiding somewhere, but the majority have run out of there.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC:

Vigil was in pain, pain it was just a feeling, all feeling end eventually, maybe this amout of pain may even damage his nervous system, who knew, but at least Vigil knew that the aliens would get no information from him, the lie detector? Well, simple, it detect's lies, who said he would tell lies he could just give a edited version of the truth, still truthful, but it would also be lethal to the aliens.

OOC:Well, I still think that is a bit unfair to me, and would require a couple retcons. How about this: High ranking or elite ranked ADU soldiers have mental shields. This would include all players. Does that sound fair? (PS-I have talked a lot about how Hirion is different from other Clingers, and I once stated he is the only Clinger that can permanently absorb information.)IC: HirionThe Small UFOs landed on top of the building, and dropped their hostages. Troopers came up the stairwells, and brought forth several ADU troopers and three civilians. All of the hostages were bound, with their hands behind their backs, gagged and blindfolded.

Hirion picked up a radio and said, "I require a prisoner transport. Vigil to my current location." He set the radio down, and was handed a laser hand gun by a Trooper. Soon after that, Zaxis arrived with an incredibly large device. He began to press buttons on it, and a forcefield sprung up around the building. The fields were somewhat impractical, as they required large generators, and only slowed down anyone who entered while they were entering, giving electric shocks.

Another device was put on the roof of the building, and Hirion stood in front of it. A camera was directed at Hirion's face, and a light blinked. A projection of Hirion's face appeared in the sky, and Hirion began to speak.

"My name is Hirion, and I am an alien Clinger. Behind me are several Alien Defense Unit soldiers and even a few civilians in this battle. The only thing we ask for in return for these hostages is that one suit of TITAN armor is destroyed. That is all. But, for every ten minutes our demands are not met, we will kill one of our hostages. Starting ... now." Hirion turned, and shot one of the soldiers in the head with his handgun. He then looked back at the camera and said, "Your move, humans."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC:

Why exactly do you think it is unfair to you, and I do see you have set your sights on disabling the remaining suits

IC:As Vigil was being transported he observed his enviroment, he looked around for anything that could help him escape, he then heard Hirion's talk and quietly said "Victory demands sacrifice, the needs of the many, outwiegh the needs of the few, destroying the suits will just cost more lives then it saves." Vigil then hoped that Dr.Cyborg knew that, and would be willing to preform the required sacrifice, after that Vigil decided to become a annoyance to the aliens, he in one swift motion tackled one of his guards and discharged its weapon on another, then the pain came back, causing Vigil to collapse back to the ground in pain, but he gave a faint smile, it was worth it.

OOC:

Think of it this way: You put as Vigil's main ability that he is a sharpshooter. If it was said that the aliens could easily dodge all of Vigil's shots, do you think you would be okay with that?

Hirion looked at Vigil and turned away, shaking his head. Some Troopers came up the stairs, holding several civilians. One said, "We are finding any remaining civilian and bringing them here, just as you ordered." The troopers then bound Vigil and the civilians, and set them on the ground.

Hirion looked at the camera, and the Cyborg manning it nodded his head. Hirion stood in front of the lens, and a small, red light indicated that filming had started. A Trooper pushed an ADU over, and Hirion grabbed him. He pressed the gun to the trooper and said, "Ten minutes is up." The soldier crumpled on the ground, with a hole in his head.

Hirion continued. "It appears you humans have no value for your own species lives. To further incentives you, I am shortening the time between shootings to five minutes. The next hostage to be disposed of will be a civilian, not a soldier. These are the people you are trying to protect."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Blaze (Battle)

His amusment has failed. This isn't a matter to find a smile in, not anymore. The ADU activated his radio, speaking on the channel for the officers and elite, those with TITAN armor and the heads of each armory.

"What do we do, Doctor?"

Hopefully Dr. Cyborg has an answer. Otherwise, Blaze gets to go in without a plan. Winging it, some would say.

It's worked on tests, back in high school, but this is war. He doesn't want to resort to winging it.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

OOC:

DO you realize that being a sharpshooter is training, and if aliens suddenly start avoiding every shot, that would just be unrealistic, and thus ruin the gameplay, meanwhile, your ability to just read minds, that is not something that comes from training and is basically impossible to obtain.

IC:

Vigil looked as another soldier fell to the ground dead, he then calmly said "You can kill us all, but you will not get what you want, the more you kill, it just fires the flames of vengeance." Vigil then looked at the civilians and said "Do not fear, for even if we all die, they will not win, the ADU will preform its vengeance upon these alien invaders." Victory demands Sacrifice, every time, it will demand more.

IC: Meanwhile, Cer was willing to test a theory. Hirion's performance was getting the attention of the guards surrounding Armory Alpha. Cer flew right on past most of them without them even noticing and skittered down the hole she made before. A missile followed her down, though, and Cer blasted it. The explosion brought down the ceiling behind her. There would be no getting out that way. Cer ignored this, bringing up a schematic of the Armory from where she had been before. Raced through the maze of hallways, coming to a utility shaft, then leaped out of her ship and started climbing. She took a blaster from the ship and tied it to her back when she left, but surprisingly didn't encounter too much resistance. That is, until she got to the third floor above ground level, which was full of people dashing about in various states of alarm. The shaft was too dangerous and visible here, but there was a nearby metal staircase, boxed in. She would have to cross the distance in plain view in everyone. Speed was essential. One...two...three...

Edited by fishers64

OOC:

Okay, that was a bad example. Here is another: If Hirion was a cyborg, and I gave him the ability to hack computer's, would anyone be overly mad? This hacking isn't something he trained for, he just go it when he became a cyborg. Hirion's mental stealing is similar. It is mental hacking. And to be clear, I am fine with having, say a third of humans having these shields. Every human having shields is what I am mad about.

Without turning around, Hirion said, "I thought I said to gag the hostages." He heard several Troopers fumbling around, and Hirion looked at the camera man. The camera man nodded, a hostage was brought over, and a light indicated the camera had been turned on.

"I am disappointed. I have eliminated two of our hostages. How many more will have to die?" He put the gun to the hostage that was near him's head, and fired. He continued. "In case you didn't realize that was a civilian. I thought that you humans were fighting to protect people like the one I just killed?"

"And just in case any of you lowly humans get any smart ideas about raiding this place, let me go over security. First, outside our forcefield, we have Small UFOs, Dualsleds, and two Large UFOs in the air. On the ground, we have Tripods, and both of our sizes of Hoverscouts. Inside, we have the same units. We are ready to move into the building if you somehow get in the forcefield and fire upon us.":

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC:

Avmatoran never said all the humans had this training, he just said, all the combat trained humans would have this, so that is about 2/3rds of the ADU, you still have the scientist and civilians to mind read.

IC:

Vigil felt someone attempting to gag his mouth, causing him to head butt the person whom tried it, after that he kicked the alien behind him, if he was going to die, he might as well die fighting these aliens, it wasn't like he had anything to loose. Vigil then grabbed up a alien rifle and pointed it Hirion and said "Try anything funny, and I will take the shot, even if you give me pain, I will still have enough time to take the shot."

OOC:It appears I have to exercise my GM privileges.

Nanosuit User is right. I never banned memory-copying, Canis Lupus. I only said that you couldn't from those that had lock-down training, i.e., the ones who are trained in combat. Scientists and others expected to be safe in armories are not given lock-down training, so feel free to steal from them. However, if it makes you feel better, you can imagine the odd one or two refused, thinking it was useless, or just didn't keep the mental walls in perfect condition.

Now to deal with stuff IC.

IC:

Dr. Cyborg was in his office in Armory Zeta, the armory closest to the hostage location, getting calls galore from ADU officers. However, he ignored them all, focusing on the one call that was helping him plan to rescue the hostages.

"Dr. Conner, is the refit complete yet?""Yes, sir. We just finished the last testing. The control module is fully integrated, and the explosives are loaded into the missiles. The Drone Missile Launcher is ready.""Excellent. Move it to the garage, while I assemble the troops I'll need."

Dr. Cyborg opened a new communications channel, this one broadcasting all over the armory.

"I need all squads to assemble in the garage. We have an idea to get through the shield and rescue the hostages using a new piece of technology. Unfortunately, we can only do it once, so we can't fail!"

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

Hirion heard a voice say, "Try anything funny, and I will take the shot, even if you give me pain, I will still have enough time to take the shot." He smiled, and flopped his eye-stalk to face Vigil. He started to blink at Zaxis, who grabbed a remote and activated the collar. In the nanoseconds he had before he was overwhelmed by the pain, Vigil fired into Hirion. The laser blasted right through the Orion formed goo body and hit a wall. Troopers ran over and grabbed Vigil. Hirion said, "Obviously, our current ways of keeping this one prisoner in line are not effective. Replace the pain collar with a kill collar. Make sure he knows what this one does."

Hirion looked at the cameraman, and saw it was time to begin. A civilian was brought over, and Hirion began, "I am disappointed humans. You have not destroyed the TITAN armor yet. This means one thing. You are planning to attack the building I am standing on. Let me go over some things with you. First, the security around this building is one of the highest levels we have put in place since our invasion started. Second, and more important, I will kill every hostage here if you try anything funny."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC:

All squads in Armory Zeta. I forgot to mention I need the TITAN bearers, too, so Blaze is included.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: K. :P

IC: Blaze (Flying)

"Got it, Doctor!"

The TITAN-armored ADU flew away, cloaking as he did. Heh, flying while cloaked always made him feel just a little like a ghost.

A 200 pound, (Quite a bit was the suit) jet-propelled, invisible ghost, but the point remained.

He deactivated the cloak, metallic boots once again clanking on the floor as Blaze entered the garage.

"Here and ready for briefing."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC: Cer leaped across the gap. Between the two distractions of the alien hostages and Dr. Cyborg's orders, the route was clear... Cer ran backwards up the stairs, firing down at a couple soldiers...mostly. A bullet whizzed past Cer's shoulder.

The shots attracted more attention, and Cer ran up the narrow utility stairway. Fortunately there were mostly scientists and civilians on these levels, but Cer still had to do her share of ducking, dodging, and blasting. Breathing hard, Cer skidded into radio control and shut the door behind her. Aimed her gun at the staff guarding the monitors. Cer thought, just for a second, that taking them hostage might be a good plan. But Cer wasn't Hiron, and this was ADU home turf.

"Get out" said Cer, "and you'll live."

Nervously, the radio operators filed out. Cer sat down in front of the console. Now, to plant a wire...

Hirion stood, waiting. He spoke into his radio, "I need a disruptor cannon turret for defense." A Large UFO would come shortly to drop it off. Hirion said, "Let's move this inside, just to be safe." All the hostages were dragged down the stairwell, and dropped on the floor. The camera was moved, and Hirion started to toss his gun in his hands.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Cer pulled out the wiring equipment. It was going to take a bit, seeing as the human technology was so primitive. Cer grimaced as she carefully read the directions, then pulled the top of the panel off in what she thought was the right spot, and hooked the wire into place. "Okay, aliens." said Cer, adjusting the knobs. "Do you read?"

Name:Micheal ZanSaucermanAge:43Skills:Hacking and a small assortment of medical skillsProfession:Tech SupportBackstory: Micheal was just a lonely D&D player/computer nerd, just getting over Bionicle's end, when the call to enlist came.

Wanting to do something besides D&D, he signed up.

3018587.png
Credit be to Strack for my avatar, who I WILL moc one day, the avatar I mean ........
Life is a whole lot of everything-Cleverbot
What What What.-Cleverbot
My steam name is Toa Gears °▲Delta, add me if you wish

IC: "Let's move this inside, just to be safe." Hirion's voice.

Cer grimaced. "Cer to Base, do you read?"

Nothing. Various chatter of alien defense maneuvers filled the air.

Wrong terminal! Wrong terminal!

Cer switched the wire's connection point. "Okay, aliens, do you read?" She switched the wire so she could hear the aliens again.

"Cer? Where are you?" Switch.

"Planting a wire inside Armory Alpha." Switch.

"Look, we need you out here to help with the hostage situation!" Switch.

"Don't mind that. Monitor this frequency, and tell Hypo if you hear anything interesting!"

Cer replaced the panel on top of the communications panel. Ran, doing a flip past the radio operators, and ran down and out the armory, shooting as she went.

IC:James Holt, ADU Trooper

James heard gunshots in the distance of the armory, he took his rifle up and started to move toward the sound of gunfire. James thought "GREAT, first day as a ADU trooper and we might have another alien infiltration." As James moved down the corridors, he radioed "Uh hello, anyone on this frequency? I just heard gunfire near the communication center, heading there to investigate." after that James saw a alien running toward him and shouted "Why did I even join the ADU!" while he was firing his rifle in with no regard for accuracy.

Vigil

Vigil looked at the aliens, this was not the best of situations, Vigil then decided to do something crazy, something which he would not have thought of doing in ordinary situations. Vigil looked at the window to the building he was in, and thought "I am going to regret this." the window was near, Vigil snatched one of the aliens side arm and fired at the window, he then flung himself out of it and thought "Yes, I am regretting this already." as Vigil fell, he knew he would need to slow down before he hit the ground, or he would be in a world of pain, Vigil then started to take off his shirt and use it as a makeshift parachute, it would not be the most effective way, but it was the only way he had.

IC: Cer ran out of the armory, and jumped on her ship, blasting her way out of the armory to the charade of missile and gunfire. She ducked, weaved, and dodged, blasting missiles and blowing missile launchers to pieces.

Energized, the alien whipped past wrecked buildings, aiming at the hostage holding place with breakneck speed.

Edited by fishers64

OOC: How did you reach the area this quickly? If you could reach the location before Vigil landed on the ground, that would mean the building is very near the armory, thus it will also mean that the ADU can use it full might in a rescue, thus it would be inadvisable to put it near the Armory, since it would be difficult to reinforce and hold.

Hirion screamed at Vigil, "One more step and I will activate the collar around your neck! This time, it won't be pain! Just death!" He hoped that all of what Vigil had been saying about not fearing death was just talk. He didn't want to kill Vigil-yet.

OOC:

Welcome, Gears! You might want to contact av, because I don't know if Bionicle (Or LEGO) exists here. It is a LEGO based RPG, so it would be weird if LEGO did exist. av has the final say.

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?